PDA

View Full Version : "Thou Shall Not Kill"

Prince Rai
05-01-2008, 08:59 AM
Is the law of not killing based on morality or something else?

Let us not be misled by the religious undertone of "thou shall not kill", I am not talking about the ten commandments given that if we look at this commandment from a religious viewpoint, morality will be of much more importance.

What I am asking however, is whether the law on not to kill, murder etc based strictly on morality or something else.

That something else could for example be "efficiency". Whereby the Law does not care about morality, but tries to secure the figures of population for economic growth, and to keep them in place so that the governing bodies can govern somebody.

dezmond
05-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Morality is obviously a factor..(or at least used to be)..

But see your point..
Seems totally posssible that government sees someone killing totally unacceptable because the death is out of their control and they now need to assess and monitor shit
rather than jus control and monitor it.........

Also it makes the populace think the gov have morals and are looking out for people...
leaving them tocontinue doing what theyr doing..........

Sleep Sinatra
05-01-2008, 12:28 PM
2 be honest nowadays i dont really think its as much a morality issue as it is the government lookin out for there own asses

like both yall said it makes the government SEEM as if they have morals when the true probably is there more concerned with the population and the perspective we give 2 other countrys

King Tron 1
05-01-2008, 12:38 PM
True, I mean the punishment for death isn't even as close to what it should be (impossible), but I agree with all points.

LORD NOSE
05-02-2008, 05:27 AM
that law is to be followed by those who they want to kill

they have people they love amongst the people they wanna kill

dezmond
05-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Killing isnt always wrong..........