PDA

View Full Version : 2005 has been a terrible year for hip hop so far

tical2000
08-17-2005, 06:11 PM
Yo, 2005 has been an absolute terrible year for hip hop so far........like the only memorable albums that have gotten much play from me have been: GAME-DOCUMENTARY and COMMON - Be............after you get past these albums there really has not been anything that great or exciting in the last 9 months.........I cant remember a year ever being this slow for hip hop..........alot of snoozer releases and alot of monotonous shit.......

maybe the KANYE WEST and LITTLE BROTHER (I hear the new album is a big improvement) albums will spice things up..........just seems like a really slow year......I have been bumpin old albums, due to the fact that nothing good has come out all year.......there has not been any big releases that have been any good

Knicks
08-17-2005, 06:19 PM
go get Zion I- true n livin

jus do it....if u dun like it....i dont know what to say.

Warcloud Ish
08-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Circle of Tyrants will destory you....sept. 13 shit will be hot...

tical2000
08-17-2005, 06:27 PM
Circle of Tyrants will destory you....sept. 13 shit will be hot...is that like NECRO......that shock rap shit......reminds of stuff that dudes in high school listen too.......dudes who wear black trenchcoats to school and like MARALIYN MANSON......trenchcoat mafia types

cant really relate to "raping grandmothers, and drinking blood" and shit

.....I aint feeling it

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
08-17-2005, 06:42 PM
you just don't know what to look for......Best albums this year to me are One Be Lo - SONOGRAM and the Kaze & 9th Wonder SPIRIT OF 94

illness, and i've also used this year to catch up on my collection ALOT

and there are two albums I'm looking forward to, GZA & DJ Muggs and DangerDOOM, those are gonna finish the year good........

R3beLuTionAry
08-17-2005, 06:46 PM
i love every year of hip hop cause i have a diverse taste for all types of hip hop. plus theres so much in the underground, not just a fucking pipeline of water but an ocean of quality.

tical2000
08-17-2005, 06:58 PM
i love every year of hip hop cause i have a diverse taste for all types of hip hop. plus theres so much in the underground, not just a fucking pipeline of water but an ocean of quality.I find this years underground releases to be mad borring........but heh I am an older cat who was spoiled in the 1990's and was around in the heyday of RAWKUS records and shit......

.....I have been listening to hip hop for like ten years and cant remember a year this slow.....

IronFingaz
08-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Sean Price - Monkey Barz

I'll leave it at that.

P.E.A.C.E.

08-17-2005, 07:26 PM
cats is sleepin HARD AS HELL on One Be Lo's album, SONOGRAM, for real, that is single-handedly THE BEST album this year so far.........i'm not kidding

dojo_pros
08-17-2005, 07:38 PM
wait till tech drops his album and also, the new public enemy album is ill! to bad it got leaked really early, but i will defo be buying it still! and maths joint is good

Unforgiven
08-17-2005, 08:05 PM
is that like NECRO......that shock rap shit......reminds of stuff that dudes in high school listen too.......dudes who wear black trenchcoats to school and like MARALIYN MANSON......trenchcoat mafia types

.....I aint feeling it
you couldn't be more wrong about anyone on psycho+logical....

frosted592
08-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Son your crazy...

Best 2005 album this year : The black market militia

in 2005 I also liked

Jus allah - All fates have changed
and Sean price - monkey barz
Jus AllahAll fates have changed

R3beLuTionAry
08-17-2005, 09:42 PM
I find this years underground releases to be mad borring........but heh I am an older cat who was spoiled in the 1990's and was around in the heyday of RAWKUS records and shit......

.....I have been listening to hip hop for like ten years and cant remember a year this slow.....

well since your implying i dont know what im talking about, i'll just that im more spoiled than you were in the 90s because i like the new shit that comes out, and plus i also have the older shit from the 90's to purchase too .

BloodlineoftheCosmic
08-17-2005, 09:44 PM
you couldn't be more wrong about anyone on psycho+logical.... I second that - They got upcoming productions and mixtapes with Raekwon coming up. Don't be fulled by the comic book covers - Check out tracks:

Ill Bill & Necro - Reflections of a Man

Raekwon f/ Ill Bill - Enemy

Definitely hitters!!

http://www.landlost.com/Land-Lost-Banner-01.jpg (http://www.landlost.com)

CrunchyBlack
08-17-2005, 10:21 PM
i bet the people that think psycho+logical are dumb are the same people that love gravediggaz.

fox7jr7
08-17-2005, 10:28 PM
Mathematics
Black Market Militia
Common
One Be Lo

But the possiblities for the end of the year...

Raekwon solo
Immortal Technique
Nappy Roots
Kanye West
Juvenile
ODB
Public Enemy
Canibus
Twista
Redman

Bone Collecta
08-17-2005, 10:28 PM
How was it terrible if Hip Hop grossed a shit load of money?

08-17-2005, 10:41 PM
he's talking quality wise

fuck money, the music sucks for the most part

Bone Collecta
08-17-2005, 11:01 PM
really? Common went Gold. You all should work on making it platinum.

You shouldnt bitch that the ppl you like arent making money if you arent going out and supporting them.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
08-17-2005, 11:04 PM
the last bit of this year and 2006 will be hot

Bone Collecta
08-17-2005, 11:08 PM
the lyrics are over they are over blllabababa the lyrics over they are over bala ba

tical2000
08-17-2005, 11:10 PM
The point of the post, is that there have not been many good albums worth buying this year.........not sure how this money thing came up

really? Common went Gold. You all should work on making it platinum.

You shouldnt bitch that the ppl you like arent making money if you arent going out and supporting them.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
08-17-2005, 11:12 PM
is that like NECRO......that shock rap shit......reminds of stuff that dudes in high school listen too.......dudes who wear black trenchcoats to school and like MARALIYN MANSON......trenchcoat mafia types

.....I aint feeling it
there is much much more 2 there lyrics than this, them cats are mad deep

Ill Bill and Gortex have me thinking 4 days about the shit they say

the Green mixtape is everything a want from a hip hop cd

Necro is very inventive

Bone Collecta
08-17-2005, 11:12 PM
i was just answering the topic

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
08-17-2005, 11:15 PM
the lyrics are over they are over blllabababa the lyrics over they are over bala ba
what else will make you buy hip hop other than beats, lyrics and style

what else is there? should i get cds only if they sell well?

Bone Collecta
08-17-2005, 11:23 PM
did i say to? no

staycreepin_n_silence
08-17-2005, 11:46 PM
Im not complaining

heatholdingconceitedmofo
08-17-2005, 11:56 PM
i think the point bone collecta was trying to make is everyone complains about how hiphop sucks and music sucks nowadays, but when something good drops no one ends up buying it

maybe if everyone supported the real shit instead of talking about it, more good stuff would be put out

anyways yeah the best album this year has been Common-Be

Bone Collecta
08-18-2005, 12:05 AM
exactly dont bitch do somethin about it

bobbydrza
08-18-2005, 12:19 AM
Yo, 2005 has been an absolute terrible year for hip hop so far........like the only memorable albums that have gotten much play from me have been: GAME-DOCUMENTARY and COMMON - Be............after you get past these albums there really has not been anything that great or exciting in the last 9 months.........I cant remember a year ever being this slow for hip hop..........alot of snoozer releases and alot of monotonous shit.......

maybe the KANYE WEST and LITTLE BROTHER (I hear the new album is a big improvement) albums will spice things up..........just seems like a really slow year......I have been bumpin old albums, due to the fact that nothing good has come out all year.......there has not been any big releases that have been any good
Yeah Tical2000, me and my son Elon was just talking about this the other day, and exactly said that Games "The Documentary" and Common's "BE" are the only mainstream albums to come out that were truly masterpieces and had substance to them, Excluding underground because underground always had good stuff come out but isn't universally known.

tical2000
08-18-2005, 12:19 AM
i think the point bone collecta was trying to make is everyone complains about how hiphop sucks and music sucks nowadays, but when something good drops no one ends up buying it

maybe if everyone supported the real shit instead of talking about it, more good stuff would be put out

anyways yeah the best album this year has been Common-Bewell I bought both the GAME-DOCUMENTARY and COMMON-BE.........2 of the only decent albums this year

I just find that there have not been many great albums this year........shit is slow this year

Bone Collecta
08-18-2005, 12:21 AM
there will be good shit the second half of this yr watch

hova0023
08-18-2005, 12:47 AM
It's been a slow year so far for quality HIp-Hop. Hopfully the last half of the year will be stronger.

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet. The Perceptionsits- Black Dialouge was a pretty good album.

Big Risk
08-18-2005, 01:07 AM
Ason Unique maybe? cmon man.

__Goddess__
08-18-2005, 01:23 AM
Hip-Hop is ___________________________________ ?

__Goddess__
08-18-2005, 01:26 AM
http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=tracks

Polocash7
08-18-2005, 01:48 AM
cats is sleepin HARD AS HELL on One Be Lo's album, SONOGRAM, for real, that is single-handedly THE BEST album this year so far.........i'm not kiddingCo signs to the fullest. The whole LP is heat! Can't get enough of it....

Wzarecta
08-18-2005, 03:26 AM
One Be Lo
Common
Sage Francis
Quasimoto
The Perceptionists
Murs and Slug
Math
Edan
Blueprint
Black Market Militia
Buckshot & 9th Wonder
Sean Price
all nice.
Guru was ok

Still to come:
Danger Doom
Cage (Both incredible albums)
Atmosphere
Kanye
Ghost
Cunninlynguists
Secret Society
KP maybe?
Black Sheep
GZA/Muggs
Little Brother
Nas hopefully
MF Grimm
Wu-Tang Meets Indie Culture
far from weak year, if you just look past mainstream releases.

Polocash7
08-18-2005, 12:12 PM
Wza makes a good point. Yo, how was that Blueprint '88? I was thinkin' 'bout coppin

bringoutthegimp
08-18-2005, 12:21 PM
I just find that there have not been many great albums this year........shit is slow this year wow

tical2000
08-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Look at the list you gave me.........then look at any other year in hip hop in the past 10-12 years..........2005 is bunk comapred to any other year

One Be Lo
Common
Sage Francis
Quasimoto
The Perceptionists
Murs and Slug
Math
Edan
Blueprint
Black Market Militia
Buckshot & 9th Wonder
Sean Price
all nice.
Guru was ok

Still to come:
Danger Doom
Cage (Both incredible albums)
Atmosphere
Kanye
Ghost
Cunninlynguists
Secret Society
KP maybe?
Black Sheep
GZA/Muggs
Little Brother
Nas hopefully
MF Grimm
Wu-Tang Meets Indie Culture
far from weak year, if you just look past mainstream releases.

08-18-2005, 12:56 PM
now you're crying, and you probably haven't listened to half those albums

you wanna stay stuck in the past, go ahead

G.O.D.PT3
08-18-2005, 01:03 PM
nah god this years been great for me

y-kim
prodigal
allah math
black market
timbo king

my fav rappers dropped jewls this year so im happy. hope nas and royal fam drop soemthing and my my years 360.peace

tical2000
08-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Nope I dont cry, I leave that to you, you little 16 year old bitch.......

I have heard most of those records........and they aint that great, and are not exactly changing the world with anything new or exciting.........2005 has been a bunk year in hip hop.......I am not way off the mark when I say this

now you're crying, and you probably haven't listened to half those albums

you wanna stay stuck in the past, go ahead

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
08-18-2005, 01:05 PM
it's been a aight years for hip hop :
Common
Talib Kweli
Nas
Black Market Militia
4 Disiciple/Hell Razah

and wit up & coming projects
Kanye West
Killah Priest
ODB
Raekwon
GZA/DJ Muggs
Canibus
Little Brother
Jae Millz
Redman

08-18-2005, 01:11 PM
Nope I dont cry, I leave that to you, you little 16 year old bitch.......

*sigh* hide behind ya computer all day, pretending to be older than me when in reality you probably my age or younger........

you're the only one bitchin here, complainin about "there's not that many good records out" when people put the list before your eyes you complain

that's why fuckas like you need to be slapped, constantly stuck in the past, you never gonna advance

G.O.D.PT3
08-18-2005, 01:11 PM
4 Disiciple/Hell Razah

FROM 2004 DUNNY, BUT DEFFINATLY A JEWL, I HOPE 4TH DROPS PT2 THIS YEAR. OH AND RAZAH DROPPIN HIS ALBUM SOON SO SHIT LOOKIN GOOD. LA THE DARK ALSO. PEACE PEACE

G.O.D.PT3
08-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Darkim Be Allah .... Soon

tical2000
08-18-2005, 01:16 PM
*sigh* hide behind ya computer all day, pretending to be older than me when in reality you probably my age or younger........

you're the only one bitchin here, complainin about "there's not that many good records out" when people put the list before your eyes you complain

that's why fuckas like you need to be slapped, constantly stuck in the past, you never gonna advancePretending to be older than you??? Dude I am 25 years old, I was listening to Wu Tang ten years ago when the albums actually came out.......in fact i got into hip hop through groups like WU TANG, MOBB DEEP, GANG STARR, BIGGIE, BOOT CAMP CLICK.........your little 16 year old ass probably got into hip hop 1 year ago when you heard NELLY or JA RULE for the first time.........

I have been a hip hop head for ten years since I was around 15-16, so I think I know what I am talking about when I say that hip hop is shit in 2005

so you think hip hip is good in 2005? this year blows so far dude.......your lil 16 year old ass does not know any better due to the fact that hip hop has been weak for the last 3-4 years

08-18-2005, 01:20 PM
naw there ya go assumin, I've been listening to Hip Hop as far as I remember, I don't feel I have to explain myself to bitch ass faggot like you OVER THE INTERNET, who just complains about shit and never does nothing, even when people tell you good shit that has come out...

Easy to front but hard to be real

I hate whinin bitches like you, for real, you need a attitude check

ohh I see that shit you wanna add on too, there has been alot of good Hip Hop that has been coming out in the new millenium, fuck you whinin about shit for?

LMFAO at this cat, you feel a need to say my age, what motherfucker, I'M 16, and I don't front about bullshit like you, fuck off

G.O.D.PT3
08-18-2005, 01:24 PM
^ This Brother Noes His Wu/fam I Can Tell You That.

tical2000
08-18-2005, 01:25 PM
naw there ya go assumin, I've been listening to Hip Hop as far as I remember, I don't feel I have to explain myself to bitch ass faggot like you OVER THE INTERNET, who just complains about shit and never does nothing, even when people tell you good shit that has come out...

Easy to front but hard to be real

I hate whinin bitches like you, for real, you need a attitude checkso you have been listening to hip hop as far back as you can remember??? Well your ass is 16 years old........so say you were down with hip hop for 2-3 years.....you would have been 13 years old???? so around 2002.........so when NELLY and JA RULE and shit were on TV.........and how can a kid who is like 15 or younger know shit about hip hip.......dudes younger than 15 are still playing with fuckin POWER RANGERS.

I was going to shows when your ass was still in preschool........so get the fuck outta here trying to tell me that the hip hop today that comes out is good......I have been heavy into hip hop for ten years.....so I do think I know what I am talking about

08-18-2005, 01:27 PM
so you have been listening to hip hop as far back as you can remember??? Well your as is 16 years old........so say you were down with hip hop for 2-3 years.....you would have been 13 years old???? so around 2002.........so when NELLY and JA RULE and shit were on TV.........and how can a kid who is like 15 or younger know shit about hip hip.......dudes younger than 15 are still playing with fuckin POWER RANGERS.

I was going to shows when your ass was still in preschool........so get the fuck outta here trying to tell me that the hip hop today that comes out is good
How do you know my situation? What you live near me? WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE??? *sigh* fuck you son, I don't know you, and I don't need to explain SHIT to you, it's the internet, but on the real ya attitude on things gotta change, cause it makes you look sad

and back to the point, there has been alot of good Hip Hop that has come out, you need to take these people's lists and check em out, maybe if you weren't hatin on me for no reason, you would see that. And I laugh at the fact you gotta stress the fact you're older than me, I DON'T CARE, you don't get respect from noone frontin on shit like that

faggots is hard on dicks nowadays

08-18-2005, 01:32 PM
i don't care whatever you reply with man, I don't give a flying fuck, you hatin for no reason

PEACE

tical2000
08-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Sure thing, lil' buddy

Here I will say it for ya, Hip Hop is just great in 2005, I am totally wrong, it has been a monumental year for hip hop..........albums from dudes like QUASIMOTO, Perceptionists, Slug, Tony Yayo, Edan, YIng Yang Twins, Bow Wow, NICk Cannon, Cassidy, etc will all go down in history as being great albums, and 2005 will go down in history as being a classic year

PS: and whats with all the *sigh* shit.......it makes you look like a douchebag

How do you know my situation? What you live near me? WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE??? *sigh* fuck you son, I don't know you, and I don't need to explain SHIT to you, it's the internet, but on the real ya attitude on things gotta change, cause it makes you look sad

and back to the point, there has been alot of good Hip Hop that has come out, you need to take these people's lists and check em out, maybe if you weren't hatin on me for no reason, you would see that. And I laugh at the fact you gotta stress the fact you're older than me, I DON'T CARE, you don't get respect from noone frontin on shit like that

faggots is hard on dicks nowadays

Bone Collecta
08-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Cassidy's album wasnt that bad this yr.

bringoutthegimp
08-18-2005, 01:40 PM
Sure thing, lil' buddy

Here I will say it for ya, Hip Hop is just great in 2005, I am totally wrong, it has been a monumental year for hip hop..........albums from dudes like QUASIMOTO, Perceptionists, Slug, Tony Yayo, Edan, YIng Yang Twins, Bow Wow, NICk Cannon, Cassidy listen man why are you bringing up all this ying yang and bow wow shit? believe it or not there has been a fair share of terrible and corny albums EVERY year. if you dig you will find that there has been a ton of incredible releases so far and the best if yet to come

PS: and whats with all the *sigh* shit.......it makes you look like a douchebag1. you constantly feel the need to mention my age, when it makes no difference at all to the discussion

2. you feel the need to "assert yourself" over me because you claim to be older, but the people who usually do this are either self absorbed or lying

3. You started dissing me for no reason, when all I said is you were whining because after seeing all these lists of good albums you still say this year sucked when it was at the least decent and isn't even over, it's only half done

4. You think you know me, but in reality we would never be cool, because I don't like to hang around cry baby fucks who whine about shit and never do anything about it, case in point you whining about not being a good year, yet people tell you all the good albums out/ coming out and you still say this year sucks
(and I say this because you feel the need to judge when I began to listen to music, when you don't know me)

you call me the kid, but you're the one who needs to grow up

PEACE

listen man why are you bringing up all this ying yang and bow wow shit? believe it or not there has been a fair share of terrible and corny albums EVERY year.
this is also true, even back in the 90's so stop with the bullshit

tical2000
08-18-2005, 01:51 PM
Cassidy's album wasnt that bad this yr.
I think DMX said it best when:

"Niggas are getting so used to eating dog shit, that they are beginning to like the taste"

G...
08-18-2005, 01:57 PM
As been said before... Circle of Tyrants will destroy you, if you need MORE crack... Secret Society... and out P+L-... DangerDoom and the Papoose album. This years CRACK homie! ONE

tical2000
08-18-2005, 01:58 PM
this is also true, even back in the 90's so stop with the bullshit
How would you know, your ass was still in diapers

I lived through the 1990's.........WU TANG, MOBB DEEP, 2PAC, NAS, BOOT CAMP, SNOOP, BIGGIE, GANGSTARR, ICE CUBE, TRIBE CALLED QUEST, DE LA SOUL, DMX, JAY-Z, OUTKAST, etc these artists were what was on the billboard charts and on TV.

Today it is CASSIDY, YING YANG TWINS, LIL JOHN, NELLY, CHINGY, LIL FLIP.........I think there is a big difference

08-18-2005, 01:58 PM
:lmao: i'm not gonna repeat myself, but you look like a straight clown man for real

tical2000
08-18-2005, 02:00 PM
:lmao: i'm not gonna repeat myself, but you look like a straight clown man for real
hey SUN_Tzu is that picture of you, in your sig?......that little chinese girl.........

haha

Wzarecta
08-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Sun_Tzu and bringoutthegimp are making good points.

The fact is 2005 is no 95 or 96, I doubt we'll see years of releases like that again but it is better than 2004 which was better than 2003. In my opinion alot of artists are starting to realise what they need to do to make the albums fans want more and more year by year.

SHRAP
08-18-2005, 02:02 PM
gza and muggs is gonna suck
i was hyped for capones album but it was only like a 3 mic album
im hyped for the new nore now

08-18-2005, 02:03 PM
hey SUN TUZ is that picture of you in your sig......that little chinese girl.........

you look further like a clown, that's a japanese girl and no that's not me

i have a picture on www.myspace.com/suntzupt2 (http://www.myspace.com/suntzupt2)

bringoutthegimp
08-18-2005, 02:03 PM
gza and muggs is gonna suck
im hyped for the new nore now skale is why hip hop sucks in 05

G.O.D.PT3
08-18-2005, 02:06 PM
^yo Dawg YouR SIG Just MadE me Think, Wheres Mf? He Droppin A NEW Album Soon? Viktor Where You At Kid.

SHRAP
08-18-2005, 02:29 PM
skale is why hip hop sucks in 05
:lmao: i like the joints i heard so far from it

also kanyes first album was bunk in every way what makes somebody think that the 2nd ones gonna be any better?

08-18-2005, 02:30 PM
^yo Dawg YouR SIG Just MadE me Think, Wheres Mf? He Droppin A NEW Album Soon? Viktor Where You At Kid.

isn't DangerDOOM comin out soon? and I know he's doing a project with Ghostface

Wzarecta
08-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Danger Doom's out October 11th and GZA's gonna be great, he may sound tired or whatever but he's still got one of the best flows and some of the best lyrics around, he and Doom are by far the lyricists I enjoying listening to most.

snapple
08-18-2005, 02:54 PM
geto boys - foundation
ra the rugged man - die rugged man die
cormega - the testament
oc - starchild
onebelo - sonogram
black market milita
cheif kamachi and the jujumob - black candles
sean price - monkey barz
buckshot & 9th wonder - chemistry

a lot of dope releases so far...and much more to come...ill year so far.

G.O.D.PT3
08-18-2005, 03:03 PM
geto boys - foundation
ra the rugged man - die rugged man die
cormega - the testament
oc - starchild

black market milita

sean price - monkey barz
buckshot & 9th wonder - chemistry

a lot of dope releases so far...and much more to come...ill year so far.WORD IS BOND. CANT FORGET MEDAPHOR - PUSH COMES TO SHOVE.