PDA

View Full Version : How could Stalin do this...

Animal Luff
05-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Number of victims

Early researchers attempting to tally the number of people killed under Stalin's regime were forced to rely largely upon anecdotal evidence. Their estimates ranged from a low of 3 million to as high as 60 million. When the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991 however, evidence from the Soviet archives finally became available. The archives record that about 800,000 prisoners were executed (for either political or criminal offences) under Stalin, while about 1.7 million died in the GULAG and some 389,000 perished during kulak forced resettlement a total of about 3 million victims.

Debate continues, however, since some historians believe the archival figures to be unreliable. For example, some argue that the many suspects tortured to death while in "investigative custody" were likely not counted amongst the executed. Also, there are certain categories of victim which it is generally agreed were carelessly recorded by the Soviets such as the victims of ethnic deportations, or of German population transfer in the aftermath of WWII.

Thus while some archival researchers have estimated the number of victims of Stalin's repressions to be no more than about 4 million in total, others believe the number to be considerably higher, with a "middle estimate" of 40 million. Russian writer Vadim Erlikman,[64] for example, makes the following estimates: executions, 1.5 million; gulags, 5 million; deportations, 1.7 million (out of 7.5 million deported); and POWs and German civilians, 1 million a total of about 9 million victims of repression.

Some historians have also included the 6 to 8 million victims of the 19321933 famine as victims of repression. This categorization is controversial however, as historians differ as to whether the famine was a deliberate part of the campaign of repression against kulaks or simply an unintended consequence of the struggle over forced collectivization.
Regardless, it appears that a minimum of around 10 million surplus deaths (4 million by repression and 6 million from famine) are attributable to the regime, with a number of recent books suggesting a likely total of around 20 million. Adding 68 million famine victims to Erlikman's estimates above, for example, would yield a total of between 15 and 17 million victims. Pioneering researcher Robert Conquest, meanwhile, has revised his original estimate of up to 30 million victims down to 20 million. Others, however, continue to maintain that their earlier much higher estimates are correct.

I JUST DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!

http://shrani.si/f/2/mc/4Z1f6nxJ/22291758270626ca7cd0o.jpg
Let's make this the Stalin Appreciation thread =)

Animal Luff
05-04-2008, 08:48 AM
http://www.titoville.com/images/tito-in-jfk.jpg

http://www.titoville.com/images/tito-naser.jpg

http://www.titoville.com/images/tito-in-elizabeth.jpg

Plus Tito died on this day 28 years ago.

Long live the bastard communists!

05-04-2008, 09:31 AM
during the 4 or 5 years of starvation back then, some russians used to eat children. imagine a kid walking down the street, and a couple of starving russians grab him and run into some wreck of a building, drooling and shit, muhahaha

Samurai Killa
05-04-2008, 10:05 AM
what the fuck?

6 Chambaz
05-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Fuck that, the most people dead under the Stalin regime were soldiers. In fact there's about 70-100 soldiers+civilians dead during WWII.

Sicka, KTL this please

TSA
05-04-2008, 02:24 PM
no they weren't

Animal Luff
05-04-2008, 02:56 PM
some civilians were hurt/murderd just cuz of the fact they didn't wanted to go to the army

get yo facts straight

HANZO
05-04-2008, 03:58 PM
he did this cause his a communist. this is what communists do.

6 Chambaz
05-04-2008, 04:14 PM
some civilians were hurt/murderd just cuz of the fact they didn't wanted to go to the army

get yo facts straight
get my facts straight. living in an ex-soviet country and knowing history professors and people who actually LIVED in the soviet times, I got my facts straight. And YES, people were killed for not joining the army. Did you read my post ????? I said MOST of the people who died during Stalin's reign. And if you tend to disagree, you should stop reading books written during the cold War.

Animal Luff
05-06-2008, 03:57 PM
^^^^nah, it sounded strange when I read that post, u made it clearer now, thanks

VZA
05-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Stalin was GANGSTA!

50 took 9 bullets? STALIN KILLED 60 MILLION EURO-FAGS

(that wasn't me, I was taken over by a typical wtc poster)

6 Chambaz
05-06-2008, 04:02 PM
^^^^nah, it sounded strange when I read that post, u made it clearer now, thanks
I hope I didn't upset you... Please don't slit your wrists, please

11th Chamber
05-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Hitler always gets so much recognition for the shit he did, but people forget that Stalin as on his thing too

VZA
05-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Exactly what I'm saying. Hitler didn't do anything face to face. Stalin made brothers kill eachother to prove loyalty.

That's a real dictator.

Mugabe can get by without being too evil because he's black and we all know black people are much cooler.

6 Chambaz
05-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Hitler always gets so much recognition for the shit he did, but people forget that Stalin as on his thing too
Because hitler was tryin' to kill A RACE.... Think about that. Besides, Stalin won, cut him some slack. And Hitlers moustache game was fucked up

VZA
05-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Neither of them have had a recent successful feature film. However, Edi Amein did.

HE WINS

Cthulhu
05-07-2008, 01:49 PM
he did this cause his a communist. this is what communists do.

False.

This is wrong on a factual and grammatical level.

TSA
05-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Neither of them have had a recent successful feature film. However, Edi Amein did.

HE WINS
AHahahaha, stud.

im sure they do tho.