PDA

View Full Version : What is Love?(Read & Respond)

Fatal Guillotine
05-06-2008, 10:24 AM
just something i wrote.....my question to you members are:

What is love?.....How would YOU define it?

"When you look at love, you're looking into the face of appreciation"

Throughout the history of mankind, we as a world culture have made love out to be mysterious, complwx, difficult, and most of all undefinable. Its the subject of endless poems as well as literary works.There is a enormous amount of material available out there about songs love, alot of it contradictory. We've been given the impression that to define love is near to impossible. Maybe there a fear that if we define it, it would somehow or someway be less powerful.....less impactful....less exhilariting. Maybe we like the mystery of it. But is it really that complicated? Perhaps the complications surrounding love comes from all the individual things we add on to this powerful emotion.

Basic Components of Love

What do you feel when you love someone? If dissected down to it core components, what would it be? Yes,love is an emotion, a feeling, a wanting, and a being. We know it feels good, but what specific feeling wantings and beings are present when we feel love? Here are the common denominators of love....

Love is Accepting

Acceptance is labeling someone as "okay" and having no particular desire to change them. Who they are is perfectly fine with you. You pose no condition on wheter you will love them or not. this is called Unconditional love. When your love IS conditional the moment they step outside your set of conditions, love evaporates.

Love is Appreciating

Appreciation is one step beyond acceptance. Its when your focus is on what you like about another. We look at them in this aura of sweeping appreciation for who they are, their joy, their insights, their humor, their companionship, etc. When someone says they are "in love" they mean their appreciation is so enormous for this person that it consumes their every thought.

Love is Wanting
Another to feel Good. we want those that we love to be happy, safe, healthy and fulfilled. to feel good in ways physically, menatlly and emotionally.

How do we Love
We dont always express our love. Love is a feeling and expression of that feeling is separate. Its an action. Theres a pratical reason we dont always express our love for another. Its an issue of time. we only have 24 hours in a day(if you make it that way). if the expression of love was a core ingredient to love, we would have to be stingy with who we loved, because there simply wouldnt be enough time to demostrate our love for everyone. If you see the distinction between the feeling and the expression, you can then love endles numbers of people.

Attention

Love expressed is when you give Attention, your TIME, your focus to someone. Webster defines attention as "the giving of ones mind to something." There aremany ways in which we give our attention to another. We use our five senses. Our eyes to listen. Being completely present with the one who is speaking. Our eyes, watching another, undivded attention. Tasting/Smelling(I'll let you figure that out). Touching, giving a hug, holding a hand, a caress, or sexual expression.

What is Love to you

Fatal Guillotine
05-25-2008, 07:21 PM
anyone wants to respond?

diggy
05-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Do people these days even know what love is?

What is love?

Love is a thing that is very rare and few if any experience it.

Trismegistos
05-26-2008, 12:02 AM
Interesting thread.

Love is different things to different people.

Contrary to what you said love can be conditional, in terms that there are conditions attached to the love. An example would be that love normally has a nurturing, supportive aspect to it. If someone loves someone that is doing something harmful to another or oneself then I think that conditions can be placed on love. If person A loves person B and person B is engaging in drug use or harming others then I believe that person A can turn and take their love of person B and remove the nurturing, supportive side of the relationship. In most cases person A still loves person B but can no longer tolerate their behaviour, drug use, etc. Therefore they no longer display their love to the other person or no longer love the other person.

I think love is not a difficult thing to experience in life. If you meet people and get to know them you'll find that it is easy to love other people.

I think "being in love" is a completely different thing to love. I think that you can only "be in love" with one person at a time. You can love many but only "be in love" with one person. At lease that is my experience.

Koolish
05-26-2008, 12:31 AM
i think our issue begins with the english language, where there is only one word for love.

Mumm Ra
05-26-2008, 08:25 AM
giving while seeking nothing in return

Edgar Erebus
05-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Love is an idea that is completely non-existing.

It's basically made of brain impulses and hormones making you feel sexual attraction and wish to be with someone, with purpose of making babies.

As soon as the baby grows up enough to live with just one parents those impulses vanish, along with "love".

So don't love them hoes. Fuck 'em.

LORD NOSE
05-14-2010, 12:54 AM
i don't know what love is

i thought i did

but i don't

TheBoarzHeadBoy
05-14-2010, 09:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpN60KKBAjc

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more...

*house dancing*

zooruka
05-14-2010, 11:06 PM
giving while seeking nothing in return

^^^^

This

loving your neigbour as you love yourself

and

total Forgivness.

peace be with you !

LORD NOSE
05-15-2010, 12:37 AM
love is sun light, air, and water

JASPER BEARDLY
05-16-2010, 10:04 AM
"Love is the highest level of understanding"

Longbongcilvaringz
05-17-2010, 03:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpN60KKBAjc

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more...

*house dancing*

My thoughts exactly.

Fatal Guillotine
11-09-2010, 03:24 PM
love can be various things love to me also is the understanding that someone cares

Dokuro
11-09-2010, 07:32 PM
you know i really cant answer that its just great
its kinda like

i think all of you trying to understand the abstract with logic need to stop go out and fund that one then you want know what it is ether

oh and zooruka JC was a lazy carpenter and i'm happy he died miserably i peed on him at the funeral

DeeBlock
11-09-2010, 11:21 PM
0YXuq25BMVI

Uncle Steezo
11-10-2010, 02:36 AM
i have been in love a few times. i love LOVE. i dont mind getting hurt in the end cause the ride is always worth it when you love someone special with all your heart.

yall should try it sometime. next chick you deal with, who isnt a slore, treat her like she's the only woman in the world. then watch the universe transform before your eyes.

Uncle Steezo
11-10-2010, 02:37 AM
love is also dirty draws and period induced attitudes.

Mumm Ra
11-10-2010, 02:49 AM
love is love love, love is love loooove

LORD NOSE
11-10-2010, 06:36 AM
love is something that people just be saying

Mumm Ra
11-10-2010, 06:41 AM
most people

Hellspawn
11-10-2010, 07:10 AM
My thoughts exactly.

http://www.kontempt.co.uk/photos/1.574444Haddaway-WhatIsLove-1.jpg

Inspektah Meth-Tical
11-10-2010, 07:32 AM
i wudn't know

i never got it yet.

Mumm Ra
11-10-2010, 07:53 AM
i love myself

being in this world who I am

cutn' heads
11-10-2010, 08:10 AM
i have been in love a few times. i love LOVE. i dont mind getting hurt in the end cause the ride is always worth it when you love someone special with all your heart.

yall should try it sometime. next chick you deal with, who isnt a slore, treat her like she's the only woman in the world. then watch the universe transform before your eyes.

say word.

anyone who claims they wont/can't love a woman is insecure and afraid. i love my wife. shit, i have loved a few women and i could love a lot more. falling in love isn't hard. it's all about finding someone you trust enough to expose yourself. and when/if it ends, you get over it...

Sense-A
11-10-2010, 09:26 PM
love is proof of GOD and not a result of evolution.

Queen Of Poetry
11-10-2010, 09:34 PM
I've only been in true love once. Where I gave myself completely. I have also loved another guy but wasn't in love.

Right now in my life, love is my children.

My kids always say to me "nobody loves u like I do" and I say "nobody ever will".

That's love for me.

Professor Poopsnagle
11-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Love is nothing but a obsession, but when mutual, it can be quite a beautiful thing. Unrequited, it may lead to self destruction. Cheers! *downs another bottom of whiskey.*

Dokuro
11-11-2010, 02:22 AM
love is proof of GOD and not a result of evolution.

lie
love was around before humans ever thought of a god
even gods/demons love

for example
true love
Izanagi & Izanami
Yahweh & herself
Apsu & Tiamat

one sided
Lucifer & Adam
Lilith & Samael
Bel & humanity

i can go on

my point is love is more powerful then GOD

love is guided by the forces of gravity

gravity = fate for all you morons who never heard of escaflowne

pro.Graveface
11-11-2010, 03:58 AM
yo yall gotta be fuckin with me !!!!!!!!! love is god for him or her who beliefz in god or allah or wateva believe system, justice equality remember!!!!!! , the life force is made of love, love holds wisdom the main purpose for evolution, its 1 of the trinity its like this : hope, believe and love = son, holy spirit and universal contious! it consistz in all , love makes everything possible , i didnt saw that in my younger yearz but the great spiritz explained it , its all about love, love the universal self, all the egoz hate this sjit and dont understand but its tru love is the foundation of all its about the spirit in you , are you attached to the body or are you spirit , what came first the chicken or the egg? Im tellin yall paradice is not outside of the body when a indivigual on a spiritual path is searchin, its not for every1 to love in justice equality dooo it shud be, but the human race dwelled of for eonz now, when they made commandz thats when we kicked our selves out paradise , its mad hard to found a way back, but once 1 taste it, it can be evolved to the higher contiouss then merge with with your spirit its your personal representor of the universe thats the goal

pro.Graveface
11-11-2010, 04:01 AM
thats the tru goal !!!!
Love is foundation of all

pro.Graveface
11-11-2010, 04:02 AM
oooh its not about fallin in love kuz thats a microcosm with ego attachment!

pro.Graveface
11-11-2010, 04:04 AM
fall in love with the universe and appreciate all the things on your path tere is no good or wrong!PEACE Im off to scool stay blessed yall
ICHI

Fatal Guillotine
06-18-2011, 01:19 PM
up

Edgar Erebus
06-18-2011, 01:28 PM
All I can say: I was an idiot three years ago.

Fatal Guillotine
06-29-2011, 12:11 PM
up

Fatal Guillotine
02-01-2012, 10:15 AM
awake

LORD NOSE
02-01-2012, 11:09 AM
love is a demonstration that is expressed differently by everyone and everything

a mothers love for her children can cause her to kill or mame them

love is getting a severe ass whoopin by your moms for playing with fire

when you feel the need to upkeep and maintain someone or something, and you do whatever you have to to do this, this is love.

your idea of upkeeping and maintaining someone may not be what that someone sees as upkeeping and maintaining and this can cause conflict and also opens a portal to extreme hatred.
The other side of true love, is hatred when that true love has nothing or no one to keep alive

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A.
02-01-2012, 11:17 AM
LOVE = Licking On Vagina Everyday

LORD NOSE
02-17-2012, 11:58 AM
LOVE = Licking On Vagina Everyday

your tongue is red for 7 days every month

Fatal Guillotine
02-24-2012, 09:35 AM
lol

confusing love with lust