PDA

View Full Version : Fruity Loops... Help!

The Eighth Sonn
08-18-2005, 05:01 AM
Yo,

I just downloaded the demo version of this program and I like it a lot.

The thing is that I would like to buy this program, but there are 4 different versions of it (Express Edition, Fruity Loops Edition, Producer Edition & XXL Edition).

What version do ya'll have? And does it pay off to get one of the more expensive versions?

Final question... Is there any chance that I can get this program for free??

Peace & Thanx

JOHNNY_TICAL
08-18-2005, 05:42 AM
That Shit.. Is Tight.. // I First Got It ... Last Year... / / But I Got A Virus. So .. I Dont Have. That Version.. Any More... > I Got Another.. Custom.. Computer.. And I Have. The New Version.. Of The Demo . Now.. > Ironically... B 4 I Wuz Going In There.. 2 Fuck Around And Make A Beat.. Wit The Shit They Got. I Seen Ur Post.. > Every. Time.. I Make A Beat.. I Export. Them 2 M P 3 .. So They Save. 2 My Computer.. Then.. Whenever I Burn.. A C D. . > I Add The Beats.. 2 The C D .. > Yea .. I Called My 1st.. A Demo... !

The Eighth Sonn
08-18-2005, 05:54 AM
Every. Time.. I Make A Beat.. I Export. Them 2 M P 3 .. So They Save. 2 My Computer.. Then.. Whenever I Burn.. A C D. . > I Add The Beats.. 2 The C D .. > Yea .. I Called My 1st.. A Demo... !
I just tried that...but the mp3 file is only 2 seconds long. How can I make it longer than that? Can I record?

Peace Man

JOHNNY_TICAL
08-18-2005, 07:14 AM
Sometimes.. If U Extend. The Beat. Like. 2 Be. On 30 ... In That Little.. Square. In The Corner.. Of The Pad.. Or. Also.. If U Slow Down The Tempo...

I Use. 30 4 Sum.. But U Can Use.. Whatever. . As Long. As U Think Its Long Enough.....

Peace !!

The Eighth Sonn
08-18-2005, 07:21 AM
Yo,

I just downloaded the demo version of this program and I like it a lot.

The thing is that I would like to buy this program, but there are 4 different versions of it (Express Edition, Fruity Loops Edition, Producer Edition & XXL Edition).

What version do ya'll have? And does it pay off to get one of the more expensive versions?

Final question... Is there any chance that I can get this program for free??

Peace & Thanx
Anyone?

thwak
08-18-2005, 07:44 AM
I got it free through ways that I'm not at liberty to discuss right now. but what fruity loops is good is that it's good for making loops basically, meaning you want to take what you did and loop it in a other program like adobe audition or protools.

The Eighth Sonn
08-18-2005, 08:04 AM
I got it free through ways that I'm not at liberty to discuss right now. but what fruity loops is good is that it's good for making loops basically, meaning you want to take what you did and loop it in a other program like adobe audition or protools.
Thanx man.

And what do I use those other programs for?

Peace

__Goddess__
08-18-2005, 09:35 AM
I had FL Studio (Someone gave it to me.. but I didn't like it)

rzarazorrzarazorsharp
08-18-2005, 10:50 AM
I got it free through ways that I'm not at liberty to discuss right now. but what fruity loops is good is that it's good for making loops basically, meaning you want to take what you did and loop it in a other program like adobe audition or protools.thats bullshit....i use fruity loops...and my shit don't sound like just a loop.....you can do alot and you don't always need another program to chop stuff up. I've been using it for 3 years now and if your on a dsl modem i can send it to you through aim....I have Producers edition.

www.myspace.com/geothegodofdiction (http://www.myspace.com/geothegodofdiction)

S.W.B.
08-18-2005, 02:21 PM
i got fruityloops 5.0 full producer edition i like working with fruityloops i had fl 2, fl 3, fl 4, and now fl 5! TIGHT!!!! p.s. peace...

Claymore..(KeGz)
08-18-2005, 03:32 PM
The latest version is the best version... don't forget about ya plugins... the most lethal weapon in fruityloops,

X to the M.A.N.

1 00

http://www.soundclick.com/claymoreghostkegproductionz

http://images.soundclick.com/04/images/c/band/claymoreghostkegproductionz.jpg

JOHNNY_TICAL
08-18-2005, 04:17 PM
F L 5 Is.. The Best... Version.. So Far.. > 1st Day I Tried.. It.. < I Made.. A Beat. With A Sound... That Is Similar.. 2 The Sound.. In Rock Box... By Run D M C ..... Not The Guitar... The Hits....

Peace.. !!

LORD ZERO
08-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Im Still Workin W/ Old Ass Fl 3, Just Dont Feel Like Updating At Da Moment Cuz Of All The Drum/snare Plugins I Have On It Lol

The Eighth Sonn
08-19-2005, 02:17 AM
i use fruity loops...and my shit don't sound like just a loop.....you can do alot and you don't always need another program to chop stuff up. I've been using it for 3 years now and if your on a dsl modem i can send it to you through aim....I have Producers edition.

Sounds good. I don't have AIM though, but I'll try and get it.

Thanx man!

Peace

The Eighth Sonn
08-19-2005, 02:19 AM
The latest version is the best version... don't forget about ya plugins... the most lethal weapon in fruityloops
What are plugins?

Peace

Punch
08-20-2005, 09:29 PM
What are plugins?

Peace
better yet where do you get them

BrokenWrists
08-21-2005, 02:13 AM
What up! Its my 1st post on here. I am currently using Fruity Loops 5 Studio Producer Edition. I have been using FL for 5 yrs and this 1 is the best that i have used. Highly recommended.

MithBeatz
08-21-2005, 04:10 AM
Fruity Loops - even the producer edition is extremely basic , If you used it for even a week you would see how limited your creativity will be . Download the demo of reason 3.0 from propellerheads.se , it is a lot more expensive to buy a full version of but it is a full software studio and I doubt whether anyone will ever us it to a point where the their creativity is stiffled by the software , along with the rewire function which allows compatibility with a huge number of other programs (in addition to this you will almost definately need a midi controller , software interface "keyboards" are around but - they suck)
The long and short of it is - if you just want to muck around FL might be the go , if you seriously want to make serious music , there are far better programs around , if anyone want any links to some good software feel free to hit me up.

dark side
08-21-2005, 05:50 AM
[QUOTE=MithBeatz]Fruity Loops - even the producer edition is extremely basic , If you used it for even a week you would see how limited your creativity will be/QUOTE]

i don't agree at all its not limited if the person behind the equipment is creative u can make beats with anything ive been using it for years ive never been limited with it and i make 2 bar loops/cinematic style beats/slow trip hop. u can make anything with it use some vst plugins with it and u will be well away

MithBeatz
08-21-2005, 06:24 AM
i don't agree at all its not limited if the person behind the equipment is creative u can make beats with anything ive been using it for years ive never been limited with it and i make 2 bar loops/cinematic style beats/slow trip hop. u can make anything with it use some vst plugins with it and u will be well away
Firstly , mad props for not jumpin down my throat - I should have pointed out that this is merely an opinion , the vst plugins are vital to creativity . My opinion is that using a few loops overlapped , synced , triggered in itself is limited . If you are familiar with reason , I can illustrate my point better in that using fruity loops is like making a song with the dr rex loop player and ignoring all the other points , and admittedly some of my better tracks have come from the simplicty of simply using loops or the very basic other options .
When i make a track i know how i want it to sound with fruity loops I can't often do this and have to make sacrifices - the same goes for reason , kontact ,cubase etc. but far less often

dark side
08-21-2005, 06:27 AM
cool man whatever works for u ive used reason as well and its dope

MithBeatz
08-21-2005, 06:37 AM
I just checked your sound click beats and they are very nice so i certainly wouldn't diss fruity loops.

BrokenWrists
08-23-2005, 12:01 PM
One thing about fruity loops that i dislike , that if u choose 8 bars, the whole song has to 8 bars(as far as i know u cant change it), knowatimsayin? It rlly fucks up whast i wanna do. cough

dark side
08-24-2005, 03:05 AM
^^^^what do u mean exactly ?..........if u mean the bar length of each step sequence u can change that with the producer edition just choose how long u want each step sequence to be ner the top of each sequence

thwak
08-26-2005, 07:36 PM
thats bullshit....i use fruity loops...and my shit don't sound like just a loop.....you can do alot and you don't always need another program to chop stuff up. I've been using it for 3 years now and if your on a dsl modem i can send it to you through aim....I have Producers edition.

www.myspace.com/geothegodofdiction (http://www.myspace.com/geothegodofdiction)
you missunderstood man. what I normally do is create a basic melody and loop it in another program so I can use that for another verse. BUT I don't just use that one melody for the whole song, I switch it up with another melody I did from fruity loops with the same basic drum pattern. basically when I normally make a beat it's around 2+ fruity loop saves that I transfer to cool edit to loop.
now that's how I produce, I'm not saying your way of producing is bad or anything but I'm just telling you how I produce.

rzarazorrzarazorsharp
08-26-2005, 10:58 PM
you missunderstood man. what I normally do is create a basic melody and loop it in another program so I can use that for another verse. BUT I don't just use that one melody for the whole song, I switch it up with another melody I did from fruity loops with the same basic drum pattern. basically when I normally make a beat it's around 2+ fruity loop saves that I transfer to cool edit to loop.
now that's how I produce, I'm not saying your way of producing is bad or anything but I'm just telling you how I produce.
oh my bad....i hope you didn't think i got mad or something....i tend to curse regularly and i understand that you might have interpreted that as me being upset

PEACE.

P.S. i would have to agree with darkside...theres a shitload you can do with fruity loops.

GreenPoop!
08-27-2005, 08:17 PM
What's the best program to make beats? Fruity Loops seems like the easiest but the sounds seem more suited for techno/dance. I haven't really tested Acid and Reasons.

Some opinions would be nice.

thwak
08-27-2005, 08:39 PM
I would still go for fl because of the import abilities.