PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone actually like Cappadonna?

gasoline boots
05-07-2008, 10:11 PM
I always thought compared to the original Wu members he sounds really bad. His rhymes just sound really sloppy and dumb to me, I always wonder why they bother to include him. A few songs he's in really get ruined for me when it gets to his part...

prime example would be Jellyfish by Ghostface Killah.

Afficial_Nastee
05-08-2008, 06:24 AM
He's got charisma yo, but yeah if you compare his flow to the other Wu MC's then he gets easily outshined...

But on The Pillage he sounds really dope, nice rhymes etc.

I haven't heard any new stuff from him yet...

NIGHT MAYOR
05-08-2008, 06:28 AM
good rapper to me, triumph verse = fire, he is all over ironman, he drops the ball sometimes but he aint a honorary clan member for no reason.

InvincibleArmor79
05-08-2008, 07:52 AM
had some nice spots here an there, pillage was a pretty good record, but lately, seems like he aint even attemptin to be ill..

D-Infinite
05-08-2008, 09:54 AM
He is rated on his potential, he can be a great lyricist with excellent breath control.

However he has been straight up lazy recently.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Yes...

In his prime Cappadonna was untouchable...

Have you heard '96 Recreation Demo ?

He spars with RZA very well....I sat up and took notice when I heard that.

And Ironman wouldn't be what it is without Cappas 's presence.
The Pillage is in it's own genre as far as I'm concerned.

gasoline boots
05-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Yeah I've been listening to the Pillage and enjoying. I guess he's just hit and miss.

Jamal Noor
05-08-2008, 02:43 PM
the fuck outta here

cap is that ill cab driver

his swagga is unbelievable

''i love u like i love my dick size''

Bucellito 136
05-08-2008, 04:40 PM
cap is fire but i expected more of the cappatilize project

6 Chambaz
05-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Pillage-Fire
Struggle-Warmth
Yin Yang- Extinguished

MAYOR QUIMBY
05-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Cappy is a whack MC and the only reason people ever liked him (even me) is because he has been down with the clan since the Cuban Linx days...

Paranoid
05-08-2008, 06:37 PM
he will always remain my least favorite member, but he isn't bad. i liked him on cuban linx, iron man, forever, pillage etc

hes a dope mc but i prefer him in small doses and i would not put him on the same level as the other clan members. sometimes his flow is very awkward in an indescribable way. he also has some bad verses such as buck 50

rich gannon
05-08-2008, 07:05 PM
just then
i came on the stage like wind
blew slang in ya face and it touched ya skin
you felt chilly
just like you smoked a bag of illy
you need a coat just to protect ya throat

...yeah i like him, like everyone else i think he was way better in the pillage days. seems he lost a little energy on the struggle....but compared with yin yang the struggles a five mic'er

RustyFangz
05-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Nope.

bad boy T
05-09-2008, 09:23 AM
Capadonna was on top form in Ghost's Ironman

TheWolf
05-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Cuban Linx, Ironman, Pillage Forever....dope.

Then I spent money on The Ying And The Yang. I think i'd find it easier to forgive him if he'd ran over my cat!!!

Guarded By Martyrs
05-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Come on Wolf...

"Bread Of Life" & "Revenge" are ridicuolous.
Granted it's not a very good "album"
But it has some serious dopeness on there...don't you think ???

TheWolf
05-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Come on Wolf...

"Bread Of Life" & "Revenge" are ridicuolous.
Granted it's not a very good "album"
But it has some serious dopeness on there...don't you think ???

I cant remember any individual tracks on there apart from SuperModel.

Gave it a fews listens when it first came out. Haven't listened to it since.

Was really dissapointed though. Not as dissapointed as IronFlag though!!!

THE W
05-09-2008, 12:45 PM
he had his time.....

he had his time.

Sgt Holly Wood
05-09-2008, 09:07 PM
cappa sucks...

winter warz is the only cool verse i feel he ever dropped, besides that i usually skip most of his shit

fortyglock
05-09-2008, 09:53 PM
He was cool before, but has fallen off lately. He's probably still capable of bringing heat, but hasn't really shown it. I'd probably agree that he was on top form on Ironman, dropping ill verses throughout the album.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-09-2008, 10:53 PM
cappa sucks...

winter warz is the only cool verse i feel he ever dropped, besides that i usually skip most of his shit

'97 Mentality ???
Have you heard Recreation Demo '96 ???

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Cappa was cool for about four years ('95 - '98) and then I have no idea what happened to him.

Yin & The Yang was the first Wu album I bought that I was dissapointed by. Gave it a few listens then got my mate at Woolworths to give me a refund on it.

claaa7
05-10-2008, 08:29 AM
'97 Mentality ???
Have you heard Recreation Demo '96 ???

yeah that's a dope song. but it's called '96 Recreation because they tried re-creating the sound of 96 Wu-Tang. the song was done in 99 i think. correct me if i'm wrong on this..

Guarded By Martyrs
05-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Welll^
I never knew that !!!!!!!!!!
I won't argue with you...you seem to know what you are talking about.
Cappadonna was spitting ridiculous lyrics on there !!!!!!!!
I often miss-type that particular track...
Those are probabally my favourite Cappa verses !!!!
Love the sample as well.

d22
05-10-2008, 07:58 PM
CHECK 4 A ....
caps a good emcee, i bought a copy of the pillage and listened to it,it sounds to me dat pillage was caps best album ever done.

abasi
05-10-2008, 08:47 PM
i remember getting my pillage tape autographed back in the day

6 Brix
05-11-2008, 05:25 AM
hell yea
the pillage

Rame
05-11-2008, 05:36 AM
Yeah, I like his music.

GENERAL WISE
05-11-2008, 06:16 AM
Cappadonna is by far the most entertaining mc in the Wu.

BY FAR.

http://www.rictus.com/bman-97/man-far-away.jpg

Ritter
05-11-2008, 06:29 AM
What makes you say that?

shaolin-killa
05-11-2008, 07:29 PM
wow you guys are crackers cappa is the fucken bomb!! he drops the illest shit ever and has never fallen off most lyrically talented wu-affiliate, been sick ever since the good ol days, he has 1 or 2 verses im not too fond of but overall he is dope as fuck, keep thinking hes whack, just know he would shit all over your favorite mc's

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Did you hear his verse on Campfire? Embarassing.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah^
He diddn't fit that track well at all.
Compared to Method Man & Ghostface...

His verse was shit.

But he gives me joke with that style.

"Call Me A Dreamer...But I Hustle For Real"

Hahaha...good old Cappa

shaolin-killa
05-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Do you people hear anything out of your dis-functional ears?

We gotta get more cake together, so we could branch out
Preserve land, get a boat and a ranch house
Call me a dreamer, but I hustle for real
You thought that I fell off but now I'm attackin the field
All in Chicago, grindin, puttin it down
Crush blocks of MC's, I ain't playin around
Yo you heard me on The Bassment, givin it to 'em
Fake dudes hidin theyself, but I could see through 'em
Diggler, what? I'm tryin to live and raise kids
While you throwin up ya sign, I'm layin 'em down kid
Plus I'm back home now, doin my thing
Thirty dollars to Medina just to cop me a ring

This shit is fire hot more dope than opium fields!!

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Gimme only about 12 bars on a Wu album I aint gonna rhyme the same word with itself.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Yeah it's not as bad as I'm making out and there are some dope lines on there
And a good message but the delivery is all wrong...
Like I said compared to the two previous verses...it's not on the same level.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Yeah that's a very average lyric delivered poorly.

shaolin-killa
05-11-2008, 07:56 PM
delivery is cappa's bread and butter, i still have no clue what goes on (or what doesnt go on) inside you ppls brains (or lack of), heres a suggestion, switch to some of the garbage on the radio, i think you will relate to the fans of that kind of music much more

Guarded By Martyrs
05-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Come on now...
You only have to look at my sig to know I don't check for that kind of crap

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 08:02 PM
You're clearly a dick. Most of the people dissin Cappa on here think The Pillage is a classic or at least near-classic album.

I don't listen to any cheesy radio crap, I'm just one of the many people who can clearly hear that Cappa is no longer the mc he once was.

shaolin-killa
05-11-2008, 08:04 PM
omg you cant stop can you! first you talk down to his dope as fuck lines on campfire now you shittin on pillage? you officially lost all credibility with me, your deserve to be forever banished to the g-unit / soulja boy forum

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Hahaha you can't even read.

This has to be someone's secondary account.

TheWolf
05-11-2008, 08:05 PM
delivery is cappa's bread and butter, i still have no clue what goes on (or what doesnt go on) inside you ppls brains (or lack of), heres a suggestion, switch to some of the garbage on the radio, i think you will relate to the fans of that kind of music much more

Cab driving is Cap's bread and butter now. Delivering pizzas, maybe soon. Delivering rhymes, no longer i'm afraid.

Every other day my whole dress code switch - Thursday it's Dominos, Friday it's Pizza Hut.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 08:06 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

shaolin-killa
05-11-2008, 08:12 PM
im done talking with you people, debating with degenerates is pointless and retarded

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Hahaha! I do like how you questioned all of our hearing and then demonstrated your own eyesight problems.

Run home crying now son, run.

TheWolf
05-11-2008, 08:15 PM
im done talking with you people, debating with degenerates is pointless and retarded

Noooooooo Cappa come back.....

and bring me a 12" Meat Feast and cheesey garlic bread.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Hahahahaha, I think you scared him off.

http://www.laughingplace.com/files/columns/Toon20010817/02.jpg

TheWolf
05-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Hahahahaha, I think you scared him off.

http://www.laughingplace.com/files/columns/Toon20010817/02.jpg

Haha.

Pig with hammer to pig with trowell......"Dude I hope that wolf's a 5%er!!"

claaa7
05-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Cappadonna was nice on Cuban Linx and then he peaked on Ironman where he showed that he was a real fucking dope MC. after that he's been going back-and-forth between ill verses and lazy bullshit verses.. it often seems like he's not even trying anymore, just cashing his check these days. The Struggle had a couple of bangers though.

"if you in the woods, check for a nigga"
"if you in the garbage, check for a nigga"
^^NUFF SAID

camron4589
05-16-2008, 07:19 AM
cappa sucks...

get tha fuck outa here.

KERZO
05-16-2008, 11:50 AM
ya can't say cappa ain't dropped good verses. he's one of those rappers that just does'nt give a fuck about what people think about his rhymes. He raps about whatever he wants in any way he wants..you gotta respect him for that.

Pillage is still a dope album :dududu:

Guarded By Martyrs
05-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Word^

Dr. Green Lungs
05-18-2008, 11:46 PM
if you aren't down with Cap..... GET THE FUCK OFF OF THIS WEBSITE!!!!!!!

Mic Tyson
06-02-2008, 07:11 PM

word

6 Chambaz
06-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I ain't down with Cap. Im down with Cappadonna, the sick motherfucker who tore apart ice Water, Daytona 500, Winter Warz, iron Maiden and shit, that dude who dropped the pillage.... not the generic type shit flow dude who weve seen recently

LuckyTheWonderDog
06-02-2008, 08:04 PM

I think you're looking for the Wu Music Group website.

Lil' Ruger
06-02-2008, 09:34 PM
no.

TheWolf
06-02-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm sure his mum does.

Ya_Bane
06-03-2008, 01:53 PM
XbW16rCMN14

Duh

Mic Tyson
06-05-2008, 01:35 PM
cappadonna is tight

TSA
06-05-2008, 01:47 PM
he's my favorite wu member at the moment and has been for 2 months now since he shitted on my brain and wiped his ass with my phenominems

pmack215
06-06-2008, 03:23 PM
He's got charisma yo, but yeah if you compare his flow to the other Wu MC's then he gets easily outshined...

But on The Pillage he sounds really dope, nice rhymes etc.

I haven't heard any new stuff from him yet...

i've never before seen (heard) anything like what has happened to cap. he just stopped....RHYMING!!! he was super-dope on OB4CL & ironman, then he really fell off just before forever came out. for the most part he does rhyme on forever, but very weakly. and his verse on triumph?!?!?!?! - what the fuck is that?? why would he just stop rhyming??? it was obviously a conscious decision. he didnt RHYME on sup. clientele. then on the pillage, he only RHYMES on like 3 songs. the production on that album was so incredible that it actually makes the pillage a dope album. i always wished that either meth or INS would take all the beats from the pillage and do a solo album.
however, i STILL hold out hope that he'll "get it together".

and he gets mad as shit and wonders why his career went south! he coulda been rich.

Medical Examina
06-07-2008, 02:43 PM
he sucks.

-The A to the Z-
06-07-2008, 07:57 PM
''Does anyone actually like Cappadonna?''

No.

But a few feel sorry for him.

And therefore feel compelled to 'rep' him.

Maccabee Ridah
06-07-2008, 09:10 PM
he sucks.

Maybe now, but earlier, he was high as hell.....
OB4CL & Liquid Swords.....
What bout them..?!

6 Brix
06-22-2008, 08:34 PM
The Pillage = classic
Ironman = classic

hell yea i like cappadonna

The Void
06-23-2008, 02:13 AM
I love Darryl Hill!! I've talked with him on the phone a few times a few years back after The Struggle was released. He's a really cool cat and is up for just about anything. He wanted me to get a tour together for him up here in Canada but I just couldn't get it started.

Duringthe first convo I had with him I said, 'Canada misses you, if you in Toronto...." He laughed and said, 'yeah, I miss Canada too.'

CHRONZ
06-23-2008, 02:54 AM
capp is aight !

Edgar Erebus
06-23-2008, 03:02 AM
I love Darryl Hill!! I've talked with him on the phone a few times a few years back after The Struggle was released. He's a really cool cat and is up for just about anything. He wanted me to get a tour together for him up here in Canada but I just couldn't get it started.

Duringthe first convo I had with him I said, 'Canada misses you, if you in Toronto...." He laughed and said, 'yeah, I miss Canada too.'

Waiting for orderly Americans to start.

The Void
06-23-2008, 04:11 PM
South Of The Border!

JRoll
06-28-2008, 02:35 AM
I like Poppy Wardrobe. He's got a unique flow, and his rhymes are good, except at some points it seems like he has trouble.

IrOnMaN
11-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Cappadonna brings real shit to the table.........................and he's bringing it!

11-27-2008, 11:24 AM
I said it before and I say it again: crappa's finished, he's long over the hill with it

PEACE

J-Ronin
11-30-2008, 06:17 AM
yeah Cappadonna always had some dope shit. He just needs the rigth beats. I like Capp more the U-God and Masta Killa!!! Ill tell ya that much

My street Album with Capp is crazy. Not sure when we putting it out. I want Slang Prostitution to do what it do first

d22
12-05-2008, 09:53 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! donna,oooooooooooooooooh! donna.
check winter warz and the pillage.u gon feel capp the more.

zooruka
12-17-2008, 12:55 AM
. for the most part he does rhyme on forever, but very weakly. and his verse on triumph?!?!?!?! - what the fuck is that?

yeah he was horrible on triumph and little ghetto boys...

compared to other genreals cappas flow is very simple, but at the same time can be effective...I dont like everything cappa drops but some shit makes me stop and take notice like the pillage and ice cream.

peace

ARRCIMEDES
12-20-2008, 06:57 PM
|(Cappadonna|( is cool ya'll. I think that hes probably one of the elder members of the clan. I'm guessing. And if ya'll sorry motherfuckers aint seen the flick iron fist pillage then you dont really know about Cappadonna. That movie gets a lot of mixed reactions from people when I put it on. Theres nothing else like it at all. Kung Fu dubbed in a Brooklyn street slang. Genius. People who don't like hip hop hate it as soon as I put it on. All the real heads who like to get zooted really like it. It makes more sense if you've seen a few regular dubbed kung fu films first, like any of the wu tang movies are. I got the box sets but mostly I just watch the DVDs extras on there. I like the music videos the best. As for Caps music I've only heard his material on the Wu Tang Kila Beez album and the guest feature spots that he does on Remedys album. I like him though. He just makes a living driving niggaz from Park hill to Baltimore:mexico: in his taxi. http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif

Sam the Seed
12-21-2008, 06:22 AM
I don't groan when his verses come on, I just know they won't be better than any other MC on the track. I really like his part on "9 Milli Bros." Trife and Street Life are better potential Jr. Wu members. I do groan and skip through older Masta Killa verses.

Paranoid
01-10-2009, 10:57 PM
overall cappa is a good mc but he is hit or miss depending on what song hes on