PDA

View Full Version : Neo Geo

noel411
05-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Do any of you swine sizzling 85ers own a Neo Geo, or have you ever owned one?

I hadnt even thought about them since I was a kid, and then the other day I remembered how I used to go to the video games shop with my family back when I was a kid, and Id see one set up and marvel at how awesome it looked. So I decided to have a look on ebay, and ended up forking out a hefty sum of cash for a package which included the actual unit, 2 controllers, Samurai Showdown 2, World Heroes 2, and King of Fighters 95 and 97.

Needless to say it is the absolute shit and Im hooked. Pity the games are so fucken outrageously expensive.

Anybody else got one? If so, where do you get games from? What are some games I need to get?

KZA
05-08-2008, 10:57 PM
does the neo geo pocket count?

INF
05-08-2008, 11:25 PM
metal slug

A.L.L.A.H.
05-09-2008, 09:55 AM
i had neo geo pocket and the regular neo geo shit was ill i miss those games!

stashlova
05-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Did u get the gold one:i

THE W
05-09-2008, 11:10 AM
hell no, those games were outragously expensive.

one game costed as much as a nintendo Wii.

chiba
05-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Do any of you swine sizzling 85ers own a Neo Geo, or have you ever owned one?

I hadnt even thought about them since I was a kid, and then the other day I remembered how I used to go to the video games shop with my family back when I was a kid, and Id see one set up and marvel at how awesome it looked. So I decided to have a look on ebay, and ended up forking out a hefty sum of cash for a package which included the actual unit, 2 controllers, Samurai Showdown 2, World Heroes 2, and King of Fighters 95 and 97.

Needless to say it is the absolute shit and Im hooked. Pity the games are so fucken outrageously expensive.

Anybody else got one? If so, where do you get games from? What are some games I need to get?

that had some sick games

i have neo geo pocket color!
i can find the games here in japan for dirt cheap :tease:
its like findin nintendo ds or advance games in n.america

KZA
05-09-2008, 03:40 PM
i got my neo geo with like 5 or 6 games for less than 100. and then i got sonic off of ebay.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-09-2008, 05:02 PM
I love SNK fighting games, but I must admit I'm one of the people that Neo Geo fans hate - I have two Neo Geo arcade sticks wired to work through USB and I have the Neo Geo emulator and all the classic games running on my pc connected up to my tv.

These games are classic:

Real Bout Fatal Fury 2
Samurai Shodown V Special
King Of Fighters '98
Garou: Mark Of The Wolves
Metal Slug 1-5
Last Blade 2

noel411
05-11-2008, 01:05 AM
What's the pocket one like? I've come across it a bit during my searches for games and shit.

For the dude who asked if it's a gold one, no, it's not.

It seems to be that all the best games are the most outrageously expensive ones. Especially the Metal Slug series.

I'm gonna keep an eye out and see what I can get.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 01:08 AM
You have to be pretty dedicated, cos all the games run perfectly on my pc, and I control them using real neo-geo arcade sticks. And I got Metal Slug 1-5 for free in the space of about 20 minutes!

noel411
05-11-2008, 01:22 AM
Haha, I'm not a video games kind of person. They're not really my thing. I don't think I'd bother trying to figure out all that emulator stuff. I just wanna get a few of the best games, and be able to just throw in a cartridge, grab my arcade stick, and pretend I'm a little kid again. I basically got it for the one-on-one fighting games, because they were my shit when I was a kid. So the 4 games I've got are already a great start. I'd just like to get a few more.

I might check out the emulator thing if I find some games that I REALLY want but can't afford.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 01:27 AM
I double click the icon on my desktop, click on the name of the game, grab my arcade stick and play. Then I stick the hundreds of pounds I've saved in the bank for a rainy day.

noel411
05-11-2008, 02:30 AM
Yeah, but all the ish with having to connect your stick to your computer, and having to connect your computer to your tv would take away from the experience for me. And playing it on my actual computer would completely ruin the whole experience for me.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 02:38 AM
Do you not have to plug your stick into your neo geo and plug your neo geo into your tv?

noel411
05-11-2008, 03:29 AM
It's all permanently set up.

If I connected my computer to my tv I'd have a cable running across the middle of the room. I'd also have to load up my computer every time I wanted to play a Neo game.

Like I said, it'd take away from the experience for me.

noel411
05-11-2008, 05:11 AM
On top of this, buying Neo games now could be seen as an investment, as there still seems to be plenty of interest in them, and they are only gaining in value as time passes.

Mic Tyson
05-11-2008, 05:57 AM
man i got a neo geo emulator on my psp. it plays that shit perfect and you can download any game you want. you can find emulators for any neo geo system for ur psp. its easy as fuck

THE W
05-11-2008, 01:06 PM
one word:

MAME

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Exactly.

noel411
05-12-2008, 04:25 AM
Wot da fuk iz MAME?

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-15-2008, 07:03 AM
MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator.

Mic Tyson
05-16-2008, 12:05 PM
get MAME for psp if you got one

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
05-16-2008, 12:26 PM
NeorageX

I Had One And Sold It To Make A Good Profit , Games Are Just To Much....They Still Are

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
05-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Yeah I Had Fifteen Games I Wanted To Get KOF2k2 They Want 600 For That Bitch I Got It And It Worked For 5 Months.....I Was Low On Cash So I Sold It.....I Still Have Eight Games ...One Not Workin So I Might Pick One Up Again

noel411
05-16-2008, 10:15 PM
get MAME for psp if you got one
I don't have a psp. I honestly don't even know exactly what a psp is. I think I'm pretty much ok with the 4 games I got with it though. There's a few others I'd really like but you can't get them for any less than a few hundred bucks. I have a PS2 with shitloads of games, and I've honestly never even played half of them. I use my PS2 about once every six months. I think I'd be better of if I just stick with the 4 games I've got and try to get good at them. They're all awesome games.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-17-2008, 05:07 AM
I believe you can also get the emulators to run on a ps2. You can also get neo-geo arcade sticks for the ps2. They've also released King Of Fighters and Fatal Fury collections fot ps2.

noel411
05-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Yeah, I've noticed you can get quite a few Neo games on the PS2. It's funny because the other night I was going around to my homie's house for a few beers, and he told me to bring any Street Fighter games I had for the PS2. So I looked at my games and saw that I had Capcom vs SNK. I had no fucken idea I even owned that, ha. Just that day I had seen it for the Neo on ebay for about $250 and thought how much I wanted it, not even realising I already had it on PS2, ha. I've got one of the KOF games on it too.

I think if I could get my hands on an arcade stick for my PS2 I might be a little more enthused about playing some of those games on it. I really ought to look into it.

In the end though, like I said, buying all those Neo games is really an investment if you think you're gonna be willing to part with them further down the line. That's why it doesn't really bother me dropping a fair bit of cash on them. I'll see how I go. At the moment it actually excites me to find a bit of time to play my Neo, which is something I've never felt with my PS2, even if playing conversions of the same games.

born invincible
05-18-2008, 03:02 AM
im cheap. i play all my games on a Neo Geo emulator. Metal Slug and Bust a Move are the best...

hide1998
05-24-2008, 01:26 AM
I love SNK fighting games, but I must admit I'm one of the people that Neo Geo fans hate - I have two Neo Geo arcade sticks wired to work through USB and I have the Neo Geo emulator and all the classic games running on my pc connected up to my tv.

These games are classic:

Real Bout Fatal Fury 2
Samurai Shodown V Special
King Of Fighters '98
Garou: Mark Of The Wolves
Metal Slug 1-5
Last Blade 2

Great minds think alike :beer: