PDA

View Full Version : Editor Leaves The Source over Rating (Little Brother)

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
08-18-2005, 10:06 AM
Little Brother’s upcoming album The Minstrel Show was supposed to stir up some kind of controversy but who knew it would be to this degree. While the album has been gushed over critically, it hasn’t garnered a classic rating that many expected. In fact, over at The Source, the editor resigned after being forced to change the rating of the album.

The album was reportedly supposed to receive a 4 ½ mic rating out of 5 in the October issue of the magazine when Benzino and Dave Mays had other ideas. The duo disagreed with the albums rating and in turn wanted it to be brought down to a 4 out of 5. They then brought it to the attention of Editor-In-Chief Joshua "Fahiym" Ratcliffe who felt very strongly about he and his staff’s decision to give the album a 4 ½ rating. Upon the challenging of Fahiym’s integrity, the editor decided to leave the magazine in lieu of Mays and Benzino’s adamant decision.

As of press time, the album is still said to receive a 4. This marks the second editor in less than a year that has parted ways with the magazine. Kim Osario left under different terms less than 6 months ago after filing a sexual harassment suit against the magazines co-owners.

fucked up

PolitiC
08-18-2005, 10:09 AM
well its only right he stands up 4 an good cause

peace

Robert
08-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Everythin em said about Benzino is true that guys a bitch, shame that it got to that (a resignation)
peace

Polocash7
08-18-2005, 12:00 PM
2nd time they jerked LB. Fuck it. Real heads knows what's good

tical2000
08-18-2005, 12:55 PM
the SOURCE always shits on underground albums..........I remember DEL - BOTH SIDES OF THE BRAIN got 2.5 mics...........BLACKALICIOUS - NIA got 3 mics........haha

they shit on UNDERGROUND cats, and always give mediocre mainstream albums 4 mics because they want to keep the major labels happy......they buy tons of advertising in the magazines........the SOURCE is bullshit, anyone who buys that magazine is like 13 years old NELLY fan.

I think the SOURCE gave the FAT JOE - ALL OR NOTHING 4 mics......haha......every other magazine has shit all over that album.......it sucks........

GhostfaceKillah199
08-18-2005, 02:48 PM
those cats are so shady. didn't benzino used to get appearances on his LP's from top MC's or else he'd give them or their groups bad ratings? peace

RynMur
08-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Yea Benzino is always on the Source cd's too like he puts out hot shit lol.

G.O.D.PT3
08-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Fuc The Source

PolitiC
08-18-2005, 04:50 PM
I think the SOURCE gave the FAT JOE - ALL OR NOTHING 4 mics......haha......every other magazine has shit all over that album.......it sucks........
wtf they did???tell me ur kidding

damn thats some bullshit source is fucked up now

peace

WUHEADSINCE93
08-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Yea The Source Ain't Shit No More It's A Sad Story Oh Well.....

7ess
08-18-2005, 11:49 PM
Maybe they bounced another paycheck LOL

On the real tho i don't get LB I got the listening and I think its boring as fuck, dudes don't really say shit & 9th's beats don't bump, and the comparisons to Tribe is straight bullshit!

WUHEADSINCE93
08-18-2005, 11:54 PM
I Wouldn't Say Their Like Tribe,but Some Of Their Joints Bump Tho...

BRONZBODY
08-19-2005, 11:54 AM
they gonna be here in austin on aug 24,them an the whole justus league,imma chek em out take sum pictures and shit,i like them dudes yo

Create
08-19-2005, 01:01 PM
i got lb also and i think its a 3 outta 5

shit is bland and boring

tical2000
08-19-2005, 01:55 PM
Maybe they bounced another paycheck LOL

On the real tho i don't get LB I got the listening and I think its boring as fuck, dudes don't really say shit & 9th's beats don't bump, and the comparisons to Tribe is straight bullshit!
Ya LITTLE BROTHER is not even in the same league as TRIBE CALLED QUEST........

...I think that the LISTENING is average, but I hear good things about the new record so I will check it out

36chambers
08-19-2005, 07:45 PM
I think The Listening was the best album of 2003.

Of course they're not in Tribes league, they only been around for a few years and made 1 album. Give it time and i think they will be.

And props 2 the editor who left, he done the right thing. U dont see too much of that these days.

Polocash7
08-20-2005, 12:39 AM
Co signs w/36 Chambers on the album of the year in '03. The Listening is fire to me. Easily one of my favorite LPs. It's some laid back,no gimmick pure hip hop shit. I know it ain't 4 everyone. I like all types of hip hop. If it's good,i give it it's props. If it's wack,it's wack and I'll tell u that. I love that shit when I just get off work ,chillin'. Can't wait 4 the new LP