PDA

View Full Version : DMX arrested for drugs, animal cruelity

JerseyIronman
05-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Rapper DMX arrested for drugs, animal cruelty

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080509/capt.df3069e554e945dd9932dda2bd261850.dmx_arrested _pn201.jpg?y=300&x=275&q=75&n=1&sig=03I6wCtlyqyDu07uFVAxwQ--

May 9, 2008, 3:42 pm PDT

Associated Press

PHOENIX - DMX was arrested on drug and animal-cruelty charges following an overnight raid on the rapper's house Friday, authorities said. The 37-year-old rapper, whose given name is Earl Simmons, initially tried to barricade himself in his bedroom but emerged when a SWAT team entered his north Phoenix home during the 3 a.m. raid, sheriff's spokesman Capt. Paul Chagolla said.

The arrest and search warrants stemmed from indictments for felony drug possession and misdemeanor animal cruelty charges. He made an initial court appearance Friday where bail was sent at $7,500, said his local attorney, Cameron Morgan. Morgan said he expected bail to be posted quickly.

The indictment stems from an August search of the rapper's home prompted by reports of dogs being abused on his property. Detectives seized 12 pit bull dogs, dug up remains of three others and found marijuana on the rural property.

During Friday's raid, officials said more drugs were found and weapons seized and additional charges were possible.

Simmons' New York lawyer, Murray Richman, said he told his client to expect such a raid after his efforts to make DMX available to law enforcement were rebuffed.

"I anticipated it, I explained to my client what was going to happen," Richman said. He said he believed evidence did not support the charges of animal cruelty, which has been a major focus of Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

"I think that the animal cruelty is not going to be able to be established," Richman said, "and I think that this is Sheriff Joe's moment."

A statement from Arpaio said someone of DMX means "has no excuse for not providing proper care for his animals."

Sheriff's deputies made a series of visits to the rapper's home in August after receiving reports of neglected pit bulls. They found a caretaker who had been hired to look after the animals.

Richman said DMX was not in Arizona in the weeks leading up to the initial raid.

The rapper has had previous run-ins with the law, including an arrest Tuesday by the Arizona Department of Public Safety after speed-enforcement cameras captured him going 114 mph on a suburban Phoenix freeway.

In June 2006, Scottsdale police cited him for carrying a concealed handgun outside a nightclub.

He also served 70 days in jail in 2005 for violating his parole following a 2004 incident in which he posed as an undercover federal agent and crashed his sport utility vehicle through a security gate at Kennedy International Airport.

DMX recorded the 1999 hit single "Party Up (Up in Here)." His last album, "Year of the Dog ... Again," was released last year.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Cunt.

AcidPhosphate69
05-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Nice mugshot.

whitey
05-10-2008, 09:17 AM
that dude could use a long stint in the pen.

get him to clean his ass the fuck up.

cracked out in that pic for shore.

VZA
05-10-2008, 10:34 AM
X has gone down hill.

6 Chambaz
05-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Rappaz R 'N Dainja. HELL NO!! Rappers are idiots

SaqurakiHanamichi
05-11-2008, 01:46 AM
the world is so stupid , u all believe everything u read .
thats why i dont give a shit about anybody this days

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 02:26 AM
Nah not everything we read, no one believes a word you say.

Fatal Guillotine
05-11-2008, 08:21 AM
I think you guys oughta read a book entitled EARL by DMX. It really shows how messed his life is. I talks about his experiences with drugs, the battle with K-Solo. His first time robbing and how he met his wife. Personally i think X needs a positive influence in his life. Because after his grandmother die it went downhill from there.

12weLvE
05-11-2008, 08:50 AM
X is an idiot.

TheWolf
05-11-2008, 09:02 AM
He may have had a hard childhood?

But what did dogs do to him? Did he step in some shit, wearing his fresh Reebok Pumps in fromt of the cool kids at school?

SCMC8
05-11-2008, 11:19 AM
^^^^Not to mention hard life or not the guy became one of the biggest hip hop stars of all time respected by both commerical and underground heads for awhile and threw it all away, he's a straight up moron.

oldie
05-11-2008, 06:49 PM
again....probly been done by the pigs more times than he had hot meals

HANZO
05-11-2008, 07:00 PM
its dark and hell is hot, and flesh of my flesh are still classics. so i dnt care wat X does now.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Are you saying he can be cruel to animals as he made some good albums? How far would your freedom pass to him extend?

SaqurakiHanamichi
05-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Are you saying he can be cruel to animals as he made some good albums? How far would your freedom pass to him extend?

no he is saying he doesnt give a shit about a rappers personal life.

HANZO
05-11-2008, 07:33 PM
no he is saying he doesnt give a shit about a rappers personal life.

exactly. i couldnt care less what Earl Simmons does.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 07:36 PM
I agree that I'm not really bothered by what they get up to in their personal lives, but anyone who fucks with animals is a cunt. Whether they're famous or not.

Kenny Powers
05-11-2008, 07:41 PM
i dont care about his personal problems... until it starts effecting his music which it clearly has, his last 2 albums were trash

SaqurakiHanamichi
05-11-2008, 07:41 PM
I agree that I'm not really bothered by what they get up to in their personal lives, but anyone who fucks with animals is a cunt. Whether they're famous or not.

we cant believe everything we read, every single person here said dmx is a cunt and a idiot , just by reading something , and its sad.
Nobody here is a conscious human being? everybody here is a robot....

its like i need to be here and i have to say "HEY YO CRACK WAKE THE FUK UP! " THE SYSTEM IS TRYING TO EXTERMINATE DMX ,

ill rather believe that the system is trying to exterminate dmx than believing anything in the news . fake ass shit

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 07:53 PM
So I guess everything you've ever done in your life has solely been based off what you've seen with your own eyes?

Yeah, the news talks shit sometimes, and the police have been known to break the law themselves, but do you honestly think they decided one day to frame a has been rapper for dog crulety?

Given how everyone here is a robot and we're all so dumb and everything, why do you still insist on hanging around? Will the other kids not let you play?

SaqurakiHanamichi
05-11-2008, 07:54 PM
So I guess everything you've ever done in your life has solely been based off what you've seen with your own eyes?

Yeah, the news talks shit sometimes, and the police have been known to break the law themselves, but do you honestly think they decided one day to frame a has been rapper for dog crulety?

i dont know all im saying is fuk what they said about him.

and michael jackson does not mollest lil kids

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 07:59 PM
No, Michael Jackson doesn't molest little kids cos he's pretty much a little kid himself. But just cos you can't believe everything the news (or the police) says, doesn't mean they're automatically lying about everything.

Bg_Knocc_Out
05-11-2008, 10:20 PM
This dudes been through alot of shit, ya'll need to read his book or watch some of his episodes of the show he had, there's some episodes that got personal about him. I just don't think ya'll got the full picture of who Dark Man X really is.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Unless he's been getting gang raped by dogs, there's no excuse to fuck with animals. Plenty of people have problems, but don't decide to start dog fights.

J-Cee
05-12-2008, 12:13 AM
X is a G

bad boy T
05-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Ill shit

LORD ZERO
05-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Wow, What A Dumbass

Billy Danzenie
05-12-2008, 07:58 PM
wait... he lives in scottsdale?

reggaeuplifts
05-13-2008, 03:48 AM
man DMX needs help! what happened?? like years ago, he was up there and now...jail time! he threw it away

CharlesJones
05-20-2008, 05:39 PM
LOL@DMX hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. He needs to see a psychiatrist. He has some serious issues.