PDA

View Full Version : Jean Grae Retires From Hip-Hop

Fatal Guillotine
05-11-2008, 01:40 PM
http://members.aol.com/WernerVWallenrod/resources/jean.jpg

On 28 April 2008, Jean Grae posted a blog on her MySpace page saying goodbye to her fans. There has been debate as to if Jean Grae has quit Hip-Hop or just MySpace. As of April 2008, there has been no official statement from Jean Grae or Blacksmith Records as to her future in the music industry.

does anyone know the truth behind this? Did she retired for real?

BornPower
05-11-2008, 01:49 PM
she's hot!

Kenny Powers
05-11-2008, 03:07 PM
saigon did the same thing, she'll be back

Suga Duga
05-11-2008, 03:17 PM
she's hot!

WTF?

Guarded By Martyrs
05-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Hahaha^
I've seen a few pics where I thought see was pretty.

To me...She is the best Female Emcee I have heard.
That track "The Phoenix" with Talib Kweli is ricidiculous...
She rips him !!!!!

She burn tracks...I hope this is not true.

ShaDynasty
05-11-2008, 03:31 PM
shes definetly hot, her appearance as what what on Hands On Experience part 2 gives me a bonafide boner every time i hear it.

The 'Attack...' album was pretty dope too, very intellectual.

Ritter
05-11-2008, 03:31 PM
WTF?

He's impressed by her boobs from that picture angle.

Anyways...I dont think shes gonna retire.Its just a publicity stunt,like to make her comeback album sell better.Or something like that.

BornPower
05-11-2008, 03:37 PM
wow.

I've never seen a pic of jean before. She's the hottest female I've ever heard spit. Period. She runs circles around most so called mainstream cats and no female I've ever heard holds a candle to her. I'm attracted to women with real talents.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-11-2008, 03:46 PM
She runs circles around most so called mainstream cats

I couldn't agree more

Orion Nebulus
05-11-2008, 07:29 PM
I couldn't agree more

She's definitely a dope emcee. I hope it's not true about her retiring. She is what every other female emcee should be like.

Fatal Guillotine
05-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Hahaha^

She rips him !!!!!

Haters Anthem is ill to.....i honestly would say she pick up where lauryn hill left off. i only listen to quality artist and when i heard she was retiring i was disappointed. Jean grae and Bahamadia are like the only to female emcees i listen to.....AND respect...it's not all about show your ass and breast to win respect and fans. they do it because they love to

She's definitely a dope emcee. I hope it's not true about her retiring. She is what every other female emcee should be like.

i have to agree with you their...i think if more artist were like jean grae then alot of people would respect people of her status as an artist. it would be no misogyny going on in the industry where male rapper only get female rappers to promote themselves with sex.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 07:53 PM
A great mc. No need to even just call her a great female mc as that's selling her short. She'll be back though. Everyone does it occasionally. Probably frustration at the delays in releasing her new album and at it getting bootlegged ages ago and so on. she'll cool down and then realise that she aint whole unless she's rapping.

If she does actually quit, she'll still leave behind a better catalogue than most rappers.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Haters Anthem is ill to.....i honestly would say she pick up where lauryn hill left off. i only listen to quality artist and when i heard she was retiring i was disappointed. Jean grae and Bahamadia are like the only to female emcees i listen to.....AND respect...it's not all about show your ass and breast to win respect and fans. they do it because they love to

i have to agree with you their...i think if more artist were like jean grae then alot of people would respect people of her status as an artist. it would be no misogyny going on in the industry where male rapper only get female rappers to promote themselves with sex.

Yeah haters Anthem is nice.
I agree with the promoting sex part as well.
Props on mentioning Bahamadia...she is another master of her craft.
And may I add Makeba Moon Cycle & Njeri Earth

A great mc. No need to even just call her a great female mc as that's selling her short.
If she does actually quit, she'll still leave behind a better catalogue than most rappers.

Couldn't agree more.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
05-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Hahaha^

She rips him !!!!!

hell yeah she killed him on that track but she'll be back i think she's just frustrated with the music biz

Guarded By Martyrs
05-11-2008, 08:44 PM
"I Seen The Forest Through The Trees
But Only Because I cut Off All The Leaves
And Left 'Em Blowing Off Into The Breeze
That I Create Whenever I Speak"

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 08:47 PM
"That's like takin Satan to a baptism in a flooded basement"

Jeanius.

Blaxican75
05-11-2008, 11:45 PM
She is nice, but the greatest female MC (IMO) still goes to MC Lyte. Who could easily slay 95% of what you hear on the radio in her sleep. I think Jean Grae put it down nicely on Brooklyn In My Mind on Dream Merchant Vol. 2.

hide1998
05-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Hahaha^

She rips him !!!!!

I agree with everything in this post. Great minds think alike.:thumbup:

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
05-12-2008, 02:13 AM
whoa....I been a Jean Grae fan since day one(Natural Elements)....if you do not know google the group....

I been tellin cats for a few years about her and niggas been sleepin....I hope this is not true.....

look out for a full Jean Grae Discography comming soon in my LP thread in the Vatican....I am on the letter K right now so it should be soon.....

think I might have another sig made with her in it

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
05-12-2008, 02:20 AM

beeboy
05-12-2008, 10:16 AM
sad, hope its not true