PDA

View Full Version : united nations things

Billy Danzenie
05-12-2008, 01:42 AM
General Debate Speeches
1. We feel strongly about human displacement not only that it affects people who are forced to become refugees, but it also affects the countries that refugees are forced to move to. Pakistan has had experience with refugees from Afghanistan who were forced from their homes because of war between militant forces and the government powers. We want to prevent people from being forced from their homes, and if they do take refuge, we would like to create a safe haven for them.
2. Pakistan would like to put a stop to the trafficking of humans, because of the problems it creates for the families that have a family member taken, and the other crimes that are associated with trafficking. Trafficking is global problem, not one that only takes place in underdeveloped countries. We believe stopping human trafficking should be a great interest for all countries.
3. The exploitation of women and children is a horror for the people who are directly affected by it, the women and children that are forced to do horrible jobs at extremely minimum wages, and for the families that have someone being exploited. It affects underdeveloped countries the most, adding on to the poor economies and people, that is why we will work to stop the exploitation, especially in places that don’t have the proper resources to fight it.

Substantive Debate Speeches
1. Resolution I-3 is not a resolution that should be voted for, because of its fixation on pregnant women that are victims of trafficking, when it should be focusing on all victims of trafficking. We believe that U.N. money shouldn’t go to helping only one group of victims of a problem that affects many groups of people.
2. We believe that Resolution I-4 is effective to helping a country that is working hard to becoming a developed country, and preventing human trafficking would clear roadblocks to becoming a functional country.
3. Resolution II-1 is one that would greatly change the way current wars are being fought, since prisoners rights is something that is constantly manipulated. This resolution would give rights and freedoms back to prisoners of war and would change attitudes towards countries that abuse prisoners rights.

i had to write these for model united nations

do any of you understand this?

Edgar Erebus
05-12-2008, 04:45 AM
Model UN?

Prince Rai
05-12-2008, 04:48 AM
it is somewhat clear.

are u part of the UNA?

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-12-2008, 04:54 AM
3. Resolution II-1

Unless it happens to be a really powerful country like say, a permanent member of the UN security council, in which case they'll get away with whatever violations they want. Sad but true.

Billy Danzenie
05-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Model UN?

its a program in school

its like a simulation of actual UN, im Pakistan and in the Third Committee

and I don't remember which country did Resolution II-1, my speech was just small attempt to get some votes for it.