PDA

View Full Version : HIP-HOP should start putting some rules to the game

Kong
05-13-2008, 05:10 AM
like if two rappers have beef. of any kind. they should have to freestyle battle live on air. the loser has to take the loss and shut up.

sell outs should be shunned and not worked with by any other rappers that keeps it real.

add on..

Ritter
05-13-2008, 06:09 AM
like if two rappers have beef. of any kind. they should have to freestyle battle live on air. the loser has to take the loss and shut up.

sell outs should be shunned and not worked with by any other rappers that keeps it real.

1. When two rappers have beefs,they should settle between themselves,privately,off air.And it doesn't have to be with battles. I disagree with your rule

2.'Keep it real' - a relative fact. People do change, and so does their behavior.So someone can be a bitch-ass fronter,and turn to a real poetic motherfucker.A real poetic motherfucker can turn into a bitch-ass fronter. So I disagree again

My rule would be :

When dissing - no family or friend dissing,just the diss-ee (if thats a word)

But rules in hip hop dont have purpose,its a movement,not an institution,or a book.You dont get to sign anything by making hip hop music.

Jesus
05-13-2008, 07:04 AM
there shouldn't be any rules, HIP-HOP is free and dynamic

Edgar Erebus
05-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Only one rule. Biters and sucker MC's must be dissed on the regular. I ain't heard an anti-sucker-MC song in ages.

buckshotstheone
05-13-2008, 11:13 AM
there already are rules, problem is no one follows them

Kong
05-13-2008, 04:03 PM
1. When two rappers have beefs,they should settle between themselves,privately,off air.And it doesn't have to be with battles. I disagree with your rule

2.'Keep it real' - a relative fact. People do change, and so does their behavior.So someone can be a bitch-ass fronter,and turn to a real poetic motherfucker.A real poetic motherfucker can turn into a bitch-ass fronter. So I disagree again

My rule would be :

When dissing - no family or friend dissing,just the diss-ee (if thats a word)

But rules in hip hop dont have purpose,its a movement,not an institution,or a book.You dont get to sign anything by making hip hop music.

1 - why would the rappers want to settle it privately when the main reason for most beefs is ego and publicity?

2 - yeah they can change but that doesn't really matter they are still either selling out or staying true. and once they have sold out it is usually the path they stay on. unless you think everyone that has made a popular track is a sell out.. but thats not selling out.

and i dont mean rules like a fucking commandment just ways of doing things that will help keep Hiphop alive.

Rame
05-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Only rule = No rules

Edgar Erebus
05-13-2008, 04:47 PM
^^ Not completely good. Biting needs to be forbidden. And being a sucker too. For real. Soulja Boy clowns were dissed back in the days.

Mic Tyson
05-14-2008, 01:26 AM
Only one rule. Biters and sucker MC's must be dissed on the regular. I ain't heard an anti-sucker-MC song in ages.

listen to soundpieces da antidote by lootpack and you'll hear about wack emcees the whole album

Edgar Erebus
05-14-2008, 03:05 AM
That's from 1999, man. Almost ten years old.

Ritter
05-14-2008, 03:06 AM
^^ Not completely good. Biting needs to be forbidden. And being a sucker too. For real. Soulja Boy clowns were dissed back in the days.

GZA dissed him,if that London shit counts for a diss...

Edgar Erebus
05-14-2008, 03:08 AM
That ain't about diss to a particular Soulja Boy, it's more 'bout disrespecting this whole "it's OK to be dumb" mentality. Exactly what I was saying about those sucker MC's song. You couldn't be a sucker MC when whole rap was based on dissing suckers.

LORD NOSE
05-14-2008, 07:02 AM
its too much of a mess to start trying to clean it up now

Kong
05-14-2008, 07:32 AM
there is some truth to that but it would only take a few certain moves to get things back on track.

I'll never give up on Hiphop.

Origin™
05-14-2008, 08:00 AM
I'm sorry to tell ya'll this but 90% of HipHop Beefs are all premeditated

Both parties involved know beefing will increase record sales, It's funny how most
y'all fall into the trap and start going at it like some lil soap opera bitches

BornPower
05-14-2008, 01:20 PM
its too much of a mess to start trying to clean it up now

not true, sunny. the only reason it seems that these dumm ass rappers are makin it is cuz people are willing to buy into the simplistic mentality today's music promotes. the decline of our music is a synonomous to our community's decline in scholastic activities and other positive pursuits

BornPower
05-14-2008, 01:24 PM
there is some truth to that but it would only take a few certain moves to get things back on track.

I'll never give up on Hiphop.

^^^cosign