PDA

View Full Version : nas 2008

SaqurakiHanamichi
05-14-2008, 11:41 AM
im sorry is anybody else just getting sick of him?

trying to kick knowledge and all that .

baritone
05-14-2008, 11:43 AM
no

TheWolf
05-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Yep.

He sounds real dumb sometimes when he 'srops knowledge'.

I remember seeing the video about Sean Bell(?), him and Talib talking about it. Talib came across really well, Nas didn't.....

Orion Nebulus
05-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Nas just needs to make good music again.

harm77
05-14-2008, 12:25 PM
we need Nas for people like you.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
05-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Yep.

I remember seeing the video about Sean Bell(?), him and Talib talking about it. Talib came across really well, Nas didn't.....

I GUESS YOU DIDN'T WATCH THE WHOLE THINK AND ARE TAKING OUT OF CONTEXT HE MADE SENSE TOO ME YOUR JUST TOO IGNORANT TO UNDERSTAND THE BLACK MAN'S PLIGHT N SHIT SON. GET OFF YOUR COMPUTER AND ENTER THE REAL WORLD

11th Chamber
05-14-2008, 03:32 PM
I havent been into Nas since 2002, but I still download his albums if they drop

Edgar Erebus
05-15-2008, 11:13 AM

Dumbnitis acutis. Beware, it's infective.

TSA
05-15-2008, 11:42 AM
yeah, he's trying to kick knowledge while dumbing down his flow

and isn't as good as he used to be, not he's just above average to average to a little bit below as opposed to genius

he's getting to preachy and needs to remember he didn't preach shit when he was at his best.

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-15-2008, 11:50 AM
read this

“Be a Nigger Too,” a controversial track off Nas’ forthcoming album, Nigger garnered praise from some in the Hip Hop community, but not everyone is fawning over Nasir’s dive into all things “The N Word.”

NY Oil—one of the only artists to have a video banned from YouTube—voiced his displeasure with the song, Nas and the industry as a whole in an editorial appearing on Davey D’s web site.
Opening the editorial in a similar fashion to a courtroom opening argument,

NY Oil lays out the case against major record labels dealing with artists who are “conscious.”

“They will never sign., do business with, or even acknowledge the Artist of change,” he writes. “If pressed [label reps] will admit to having ‘been up on’ this Artist in a hallow [sic] attempt at affirming their hipness. When asked if they plan on working with this artist they will give a random list of excuses not limited to ‘He's hot but .. that kind of music doesn't sell’, ‘She's the shit.. but people ain't ready for that’ , ‘I wish i could bring them here but right now 'insert corporate higher ups name here' is on some other shit’ All the while they are changing pace, making adjustments, having conference calls, and restructuring. Making the final preparations to counteract this Artist of Change.”
“The end game plays like this: they find an artist on their current roster that they can refashion to fit the basic mold of the Artist of change. If they dress him up like, or give him a similar message to the artist of change and put hundreds of thousands in promotional dollars behind the Stat quo Artist they can undermine and even usurper the Artist of change. You can always identify the Stat Quo Artist from the Artist of change because when asked about his ‘New image’ or ‘New Direction’ he is hard pressed to answer sincerely or intelligibly. In fact the Stat Quo artist will blather on in circles clumsily during interviews stumbling over his own ignorance of what his ‘New Direction’ is.”

According to NY Oil, the artist with the “new image” this time around is none other than Nas himself.

“And after hearing your interviews, seeing the title of your upcoming LP, and hearing your ‘leaked’ song ‘Be A Nigger Too’ I can say without doubt.... Nas you are THAT nigga!”

‘Nas you're that nigga that pretends to have a grasp on the social quagmire that our people are stuck in and yet cannot for the life of you articulate or justify your position on this obvious plea for controversy. Does this brother realize that his attempts at diffusing the word "Nigger" by making it some all inclusive colloquialism to represent all races is as weak as the beat he spit it too? Does he realize that when Robert Schwartz decides to stop being a nigger all he has to do is change his look. maybe trade in the bapes and backpack put on a suit and he's right and exact. When Robert Yung decides he's no longer a nigga he can be whatever an person of Asian decent can be in the country stereo types not withstanding. When Robert Rodriguez decides to stop being a nigger he can become a proud man of Latin descent. However for Robert Jenkins who's Grandparents where NIGGERS, blown over by fire hoses and beat within an inch of their lives, when the term meant what it will always mean despite his attempts to make it a term of endearment. Whom despite his affluence or allegiance has to be as scared as a runaway slave when pulled over for driving black or shopping black, or standing in a group of more than 3 in his own neighborhood while black or any of the number of things blacks can do innocently while being black and end up dead because the Cop who shot him 50 times like Shawn Bell or 42 like Amadou Diallo didn't consider himself a nigger.. We're the only race that embraces our disgrace, and now you would have everyone else sing along with us in our shame.”

“You've been everything they ever told you to be. Nasty Nas, Nastrodomas, Nas Escobar. and now you're their Nigga… At what point are you going to be a MAN?”
J
ournalist and Hip Hop historian Davey D also takes Nas to task and notes Universal Music Groups (Def Jam’s parent label) inconsistency when it comes to music with messages of social justice.
“…bear in mind Nas is a part of the Universal Music group family that disallowed Young Buck from doing a anti-police song last year and had issues with Public Enemy invoking the name of Mumia Abu Jamal in one of their songs several years ago, yet saw fit to send [Be a Nigger Too] out-Go figure,” he said.

VZA
05-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Nas seems to be having some kind of identity crisis.

He needs a positive male role model, not 5.

and all that "last real nigga alive" stuff, how pretentious?

Edgar Erebus
05-15-2008, 11:57 AM
*** autocensure ***

Versus
05-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Yep.

I remember seeing the video about Sean Bell(?), him and Talib talking about it. Talib came across really well, Nas didn't.....he doesn't give great interviews sometimes, but if you only judge people by their interviews, then RZA is crazy.

Nas just needs to make good music again.Did you check out one of 2006's best albums, Hip Hop is Dead?

Nas seems to be having some kind of identity crisis.

He needs a positive male role model, not 5.

and all that "last real nigga alive" stuff, how pretentious?Nas is Nas.........he's just older now so he's not as impulsive.

Bg_Knocc_Out
05-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Haha, Hip Hop Is Dead album isn't anything to brag about.

Osi
05-15-2008, 05:44 PM
HHiD is brilliant, only his first two LPs are better.

11th Chamber
05-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Did you check out one of 2006's best albums, Hip Hop is Dead?

ur gettin a little ahead of yerself..

Koolish
05-15-2008, 06:02 PM
on stillmatic that line that goes "i'm crowned the best lyricist".

now that album was classic, but when i heard that line i thought "oh shit, he thinks that he doesn't have to try, he think he's the greatest and that anything he writes will be amazing".

during the illmatic days the son of a bitch was reading dictionaries. i don't think he's messing around with that anymore, just sparking blunts.

TheWolf
05-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Good lyrics.

Wack beats.

And some whack track ideas.

Nick Fury
05-15-2008, 06:54 PM

as a matter of fact Hip Hop aint even really dead

benzo
05-16-2008, 11:56 AM
HHiD is brilliant, only his first two LPs are better.

no

Orion Nebulus
05-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Hip Hop is Dead?

It's funny he called that album Hip Hop is Dead because that album was dead. Sorry it just didn't do it for me.

JerseyIronman
05-16-2008, 12:59 PM
I thought HHiD was good

prolly my 4th favorite nas album

Ritter
05-16-2008, 01:07 PM
I listen to like only 3 tracks from HHiD...Cant Forget About You,Blunt Ashes and Money Over Bullshit.I don't know what to expect from 'Nigger'...Probably a 4 star album.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-16-2008, 01:51 PM

Indeed...I like the Intro track but that's about it...

I've been saying for years that...Killah Priest is better than him.

Bucellito 136
05-16-2008, 01:56 PM
*** autocensure ***

LMFAO

nas is a great mc , probably one of my fav and i think he tries to act or drop knowledge like an "old" MC from the 90's

Sgt Holly Wood
05-16-2008, 07:04 PM
nah, nas still remains goat of hip hop till this day imo

but word to whoever mentioned the sean bell viddy with talib n shit, what the fuck was nas talking about on that shit lol??

Sgt Holly Wood
05-16-2008, 07:06 PM
hip hop is dead was a pretty dope album btw

better then street's disciple n shit..

portis24
05-18-2008, 08:55 AM
i liked all of his albums except hhid that album didn't cut it for me but i do have high expectations for this album

Bg_Knocc_Out
05-18-2008, 09:54 AM
I just can't really picture Nas on these new school beats... maybe like early 2000's beats like "Got Yourself A Gun", but thats the highest he goes. Nas really only sounds good on some 90's beats ya know what I mean... is there any producer who still does it like how they did it then?

Edgar Erebus
05-18-2008, 11:33 AM
^^ Premo pretty much goes for same. He ain't really changed since '96, he still makes pretty same beats as he did on "Firing Squad".

What really annoys me about Nas about HHID (and will annoy me still about N-word) is that he abandoned concept of album done by his circle of producers (L.E.S./Salaam Remi/Chucky Thompson). Instead, he now repeats the production formula of a "hot album" of the year.

Just look. He gonna be produced by Diddy/Hitmen, No I.D., Stargate and DJ Khalil. He straight up repeats producers of "American Gangster", "Curtis" and "Good Girl Gone Bad". You know he does it.

Just like for HHID he repeated beat selection of "Big Bang", "Kingdom Come" and "Doctor's Advocate".

It's wack, like he isn't able to pick producers by his ear. (On the other hand, he never had a really, REALLY good beat selection since Illmatic, so...)

portis24
05-18-2008, 06:44 PM
I just can't really picture Nas on these new school beats... maybe like early 2000's beats like "Got Yourself A Gun", but thats the highest he goes. Nas really only sounds good on some 90's beats ya know what I mean... is there any producer who still does it like how they did it then?

maybe he should get large professor and pete rock again i'd be down for that

sd-cd
05-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Nas really only sounds good on some 90's beats ya know what I mean... is there any producer who still does it like how they did it then?

I do that ;$ Here's the direct link to my project which just came out.:
http://www.grogra.com/aleja/www.grogra.com_aleja_.rar
Foreign rappers and also from the Wutangcorp site.

One.

claaa7
05-19-2008, 04:22 AM
salaam remi will produce on the album and L.E.S. has produced for every Nas album except God's Son but I definitely see where you coming from.

CharlesJones
05-20-2008, 04:23 PM
I never get tired of Nas rapping about knowledge. My only problem with him now is his wack beats. He should've never stopped working with Pete Rock, DJ Premier, Large Professor. These guys should do all of his beats. Fuck them other wack producers he works with now. He also should stop having so many guest appearances on his albums from r&b singers and rappers because Nas is so ill lyrically, he doesn't need a lot of guest appearances on his albums. He should rap over 90's beats only. I would like to hear him rhyme again over beats like the ones that were on Illmatic. If he were to do mixtapes, i bet he would rhyme over only hard beats. Gay ass Def Jam probably won't let him rhyme over street beats.

JerseyIronman
05-20-2008, 04:48 PM
It's wack, like he isn't able to pick producers by his ear. (On the other hand, he never had a really, REALLY good beat selection since Illmatic, so...)

hmm I would say he had a really, REALLY good beat selection for 'It Was Written'

I Gave Your Power
Shoot Outs
Take it in Blood
The MEssage
Stream Dreams
If I ruled the world

not as good as Illmatic of course but still no shortage of hot beats imo