PDA

View Full Version : Aspects of religions that make sense to you

TSA
05-15-2008, 10:32 AM
i know a lot of you guys are influenced by a lot of different tid bits of a religion but don't usually take the whole thing blindly, it's all good, i do the same, so what parts of which religions make sense to you.

christianity- the concept of jesus is very real to me. not just the story but what he stood for, the concepts he was trying to teach are still ahead of their time in terms of humanism and logic.

Islam- the fact that a relationship with god must be met with the willingness to scarific worldliness and must be taken seriously. western christianity tends to take religion whenever it's comfortable or works with their ambitions and schedules, islam puts the relationship above everything and has a true geniune belief in god in it.

rastafari- I think the concept of babylon is very real, and very visible, tho i don't believe emperor ras tafari was some kind of god.

5%- i like the concept of truely finding god in yourself and the religions application of the scientific. Though i im turned off by the racial overtones, the idea of man being his own god is very powerful.

Hinduism- Nothing, that shits wierd

Buddizm- I think this is the best religion of them all, but im not buddist. I accept all of it really, and since the dhali llama has said he will stop following it if you prove it wrong to him, and nobody can, that says a lot.
real niggas.

Paganism- I think a peoples pagan folklore tells a lot about them, who the pick as leaders, how they organize themselves, what they respect, what they rules will be and so forth, long after the beliefs loose their popularity, and will never go away. I think figures like Neapolian(sp can't remember)Hitler and the average troop gaining such respect in western culture regardless of how shit baggy they were are rooted in nordic beliefs in Thor and respect for warlike values for example.

Prolifical ENG
05-15-2008, 11:12 AM
Good thread.

In a more general sense for most eastern ones I like the concept of how they are more internal aspects within the person rather than external aspects in the more western ones. Those external ones many seem to focus on consequences of doing or not doing something.

Shogah
05-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Judaism- first monotheistic religion, the foundation of modern day thinking that there is one God and it is not in conflict with scientific way of looking on world.

Nick Fury
05-16-2008, 12:30 AM

yo dont sleep on them 6 armed elephants

Eyetalian
05-16-2008, 01:47 AM
i know a lot of you guys are influenced by a lot of different tid bits of a religion but don't usually take the whole thing blindly, it's all good, i do the same, so what parts of which religions make sense to you.

christianity- the concept of jesus is very real to me. not just the story but what he stood for, the concepts he was trying to teach are still ahead of their time in terms of humanism and logic.

Islam- the fact that a relationship with god must be met with the willingness to scarific worldliness and must be taken seriously. western christianity tends to take religion whenever it's comfortable or works with their ambitions and schedules, islam puts the relationship above everything and has a true geniune belief in god in it.

rastafari- I think the concept of babylon is very real, and very visible, tho i don't believe emperor ras tafari was some kind of god.

5%- i like the concept of truely finding god in yourself and the religions application of the scientific. Though i im turned off by the racial overtones, the idea of man being his own god is very powerful.

Buddizm- I think this is the best religion of them all, but im not buddist. I accept all of it really, and since the dhali llama has said he will stop following it if you prove it wrong to him, and nobody can, that says a lot.
real niggas.

Paganism- I think a peoples pagan folklore tells a lot about them, who the pick as leaders, how they organize themselves, what they respect, what they rules will be and so forth, long after the beliefs loose their popularity, and will never go away. I think figures like Neapolian(sp can't remember)Hitler and the average troop gaining such respect in western culture regardless of how shit baggy they were are rooted in nordic beliefs in Thor and respect for warlike values for example.

Buddhism such a crap religion, Any religion that demeans words or human language is, well wrong. Language is a key part of the human existence and if you can't describe how to reach enlightenment then I 'believe' that enlightenment is unattainable. Words are how we relate to the world to ignore these means the concepts of the world becomes indistinguishable. Imagine trying to understand the meaning or the concept of a tree without words it is not possible. The same can be said for more abstract concepts such as enlightenment.

Most Buddhists agree that, to a greater or lesser extent, words are inadequate to describe the goal; schools differ radically on the usefulness of words in the path to that goal. Hence the reason I hate this new age Western embrace of the buddhist religion. Oh and the Dalia Lama is one wack fool check out his thought's on sex and masturbation some interesting beliefs. Rant over

Eyetalian
05-16-2008, 01:52 AM
Oh and the hindu religion is fuckin great.

Their main goals in life include
*sexual and sensual pleasure (Kama)
*Obtaining material wealth (Artha)

A religion that doesn't pretend that humans aren't by nature self interested. Wins my Vote