PDA

View Full Version : Government Drug Propaganda

VZA
05-15-2008, 12:41 PM
After reading something yesterday about how the legality of drugs in holland lessens the problem.

"Drugs fund terrorism"
Most of the terror threats in recent years have been from islamic fundamentalists. If they are devout muslims to the extent they will blow themselves up for it, then they aren't going to go and start doing/selling drugs. The IRA also never encouraged drugs, even though some members sold them independently. In england, half the money you spend on tobacco goes to the government, due to about 5 tax points in the production process. We know for a fact that this money funds the killing of innocent brown people in the middle east, WHICH IS WHAT CAUSES TERRORISM.

"Illegalised Drugs are illegal for a reason"
And for what reason is ecstasy illegal? For the 1 person in a million that spazzes out after taking 7 and doesn't recieve proper medical attention? Anyway, the kind of fag that takes ecstasy probably deserves to die, it's certainly not a great loss. Should we make peanuts illegal for the same reason? They kill a lot of people.

"Marijuana effects your mental state and judgement"
Oh ok, and people drink alcohol because they like the taste? No, they drink it because it effects your mental state and judgement. Alcohol makes you violent, it makes you crash your car, it makes you depressed, it's addictive. Weed occasionally causes long term mental damage, as with ecstasy, it's in rare cases, it should be down to choice.

Why is it illegal to take drugs? Should mcdonalds be illegal? That costs the government millions every year in lyposuction, bypasses, heart problems etc.

Making drugs legal would cut of most gangs main source of profit, and would prevent the use of laced drugs, and shitty dirty needles amongst other things.

As they say in holland: "Drugs are a social problem, not a criminal problem"

VZA
05-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Eh?

VZA
05-15-2008, 02:44 PM
yeah, but think how much better things would be if drugs were legal?

So much cheaper, so much less killing over it, fairer prices for the brown people in afghanistan and columbia amongst other things.

HANZO
05-15-2008, 04:34 PM
legalising drugs will just turn the drug associated gangs into legit pharmacy's. and if you think your getting rid of them your wrong, for the heroin exporters of europe. arms dealing and ppl smuggling are more profitable.

all the money made from heroin goes back into very large mafia organisations. they jus as bad as terrorists. they practically are terrorists. Cocaine funds the FARC in Columbia. Alot of governments are in on the trade to, its really profitable. for them, i mean you let these guys sell the drugs in your country, with the money they make they buy weapons off you. why do you think NATO lets the Afghans keep their poppy fields??

at the end of the day, you dnt get drunk over one alcoholic drink. but one blunt can get your head buzzing. our soceity is already fuked up, allowing the free movement of drugs onto the streets is jus gonna make the ghettos even worse.

VZA
05-15-2008, 06:38 PM
legalising drugs will just turn the drug associated gangs into legit pharmacy's. and if you think your getting rid of them your wrong, for the heroin exporters of europe. arms dealing and ppl smuggling are more profitable.

all the money made from heroin goes back into very large mafia organisations. they jus as bad as terrorists. they practically are terrorists. Cocaine funds the FARC in Columbia. Alot of governments are in on the trade to, its really profitable. for them, i mean you let these guys sell the drugs in your country, with the money they make they buy weapons off you. why do you think NATO lets the Afghans keep their poppy fields??

at the end of the day, you dnt get drunk over one alcoholic drink. but one blunt can get your head buzzing. our soceity is already fuked up, allowing the free movement of drugs onto the streets is jus gonna make the ghettos even worse.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/venustiano/rad1.jpg

whitey
05-15-2008, 09:22 PM

Thats why there would obviously be more regulation than just a legalized free for all.

If it was sold by the government for the lower prices (which they should be sold for, more on that in a little) it would cut out the drug dealers, gangs, mafia, and terrorists organizations.

Drugs are only expensive because of the inherent risk the dealers go through to get you the drugs.

Most of them are just from plants, or a mix of household easy to buy chemicals. AKA very cheap. Example, weed is a plant, much like corn or lettuce. How much do those veggies cost? Not much at all. As should be the same with most all drugs.

And honestly Han, the free movement of drugs is already ragging in our streets. AND THEY ARE ILLEGAL. How will it get worse if they were legal? I bet almost everyone in this forum with minor leg work could find most any drug they wanted today, them being illegal.

Half of the people in the US prison system--the largest prison system in the world mind you--are there for non violent drug crimes. You can all imagine how much that costs to house and feed all of those "criminals" in prisons. Not to mention all the money that went into the policing and prosecuting those people.

I've got plenty more good reasons to legalize drugs if anyone wants. I've done extensive research on the topic in college for some things and I can honestly say the drug war is a bad idea, a terrible idea. Someone bring some good points on the contrary and I will be happy to debate. Big ups.

Eyetalian
05-15-2008, 10:40 PM

FACT the legalization of drugs does not equal an increase in consumption of said drug. Besides if you believe in true liberal democracy then drugs should be legal as the person consuming them is not in any direct way harming anyone else and it's a matter of personal choice. Also the legalization of drugs would make the market less inflated hence cheaper prices and less crime as a result due to 'junkies' needing less money to fuel their ol' addiction

Also the legalization of the industry also leads to guide lines, rules, infrastructure and over all better control over the trade. Mafia would probably get boned by massive pharmaceutical companies anyway taking over the drug trade. (another form of fucking illegal cartels)

HANZO
05-15-2008, 11:19 PM
I just think its morally wrong. i mean if they legalise heroin, i will become a millionaire. i have tons of land in Turkey that jus happens to have poppy planted on them.(although im planning to cut them down)

drugs are poison. we cant jus legalise them. thats practically giving out the message that its ok to take them now. when we should be trying to educate younger kids on the dangers of this world. thats where it really starts, if you have a well educated soceity you can legalise drugs cause you know that your population is well aware. in todays western world, the youth is retarded.

Eyetalian
05-16-2008, 12:07 AM
I just think its morally wrong. i mean if they legalise heroin, i will become a millionaire. i have tons of land in Turkey that jus happens to have poppy planted on them.(although im planning to cut them down)

drugs are poison. we cant jus legalise them. thats practically giving out the message that its ok to take them now. when we should be trying to educate younger kids on the dangers of this world. thats where it really starts, if you have a well educated soceity you can legalise drugs cause you know that your population is well aware. in todays western world, the youth is retarded.

WOW your 'lgnant' Drugs aren't the problem anyway it's the underlying social issues that lead people into drug use eg. child abuse, poverty etc. Also the use of the term drugs is quite a broad term thus universally labeling them as poison is quite frankly wrong. In fact chronic alcoholism is far worse then use of drugs such as E and even heroin. And good luck with the whole millionaire thing

whitey
05-16-2008, 09:09 AM

I get where your coming from Han. It is just a bit misinformed. Yes I agree for the government to actually promote and encourage drug use such as Heroin or Crack that would be fucked up. If they were legalized though a responsible government would do no different in terms of teaching kids the wrongs and terrible things drugs can bring. It wont be a glorification of them. Health classes would still teach all the bad things that can happen when you use them.

But shit man part of the reason American teens binge drink so hard, harder than most any other country in the world, is because its illegal.

When I was in Italy 3 years ago visiting family I went to a big shopping center in Rome and wandered into the beer section. A wide selection, but mostly all dueces and the largest pack they had was a 6 pack. Its not sold like it is here. 2 weeks ago when I was visiting my brother at his spring fest for college, the morning after one of the days he had 10 empty 30 packs and tons of cans just laying around his living room. He had some people over, but it wasn't huge or anything. Kids over here just do it differently. A main part I believe is because of the age limit on alcohol. By making kids have to be 21 to drink younger kids see the older kids doing it, and adults who they see doing it and want to be cool like them. In Italy and most of Europe, and the world I would imagine, there is not age limit. So kids are brought up on a glass of wine for dinner. Its no big deal, its not some holy grail for kids to secretly get alcohol and get fucked up for fun.

To address your personal poppi seed growing statement, it wouldn't work like that. The governement would control who grows and how much. People like you, but mainly gangs and whoever does it now, could try but in the end it would not be worth their time. The whole reason "criminals" engage in selling drugs is because of the huge profits they can reap. If the government was growing/making the drugs, with a slight tax markup like ciggerettes, it would put these gangs and mafiosos out of business. Selling kilos for hundreds or thousands or dollars depending on the drug is big money. Selling kilos for its real time price of 10 dollars is chump change. Like you said you have it just growing around on your land, its not like this stuff is a precious metal like gold. Its only precious because its illegal.

Lots of terrorit organizations use mainly drug profits to fund their activities. Al-Queda, the IRA, bloods, crips, american mob, columbian drug cartels, and many others are able to thrive because of the millions upon millions of dollars worth of profits they make every year selling illegal drugs. If all of those illegal drugs were made legal, that would take out tons of money from these guys. Their organizations would crumble or be severly depleted.

Lastly you say how drugs are poison. Couple things on that. Alcohol and tobbaco are legal. Sarosis of the liver, alcoholism, lung cancer, throat and mouth cancer (chewing tobbaco) are all cool? Nah that shit is just as fucked, but its legal. They are not deemed evil drugs like weed or mushrooms or coke or anything like that. Also take something like Mcdonalds. Have you seen the movie supersize me? For those who havent, this guy eats nothing but Mcdonalds 3 times a day for 30 days. He quickly becomes very sick. Physically and mentally. His blood pressure, colestoral, weight, ect. go through the roof. How is that any less of a posion than some dude smoking a blunt to cool out?

Thats just some of the reasons, hope I swayed you a little.

Os3y3ris
05-17-2008, 04:00 AM
In my opinion, everyone should experiment with psychedelic drugs. Fuck the government. The problem isn't one of health or safety or whatever, but one of control. Mycohuasca was the end of my drug use as it basically taught me to fish, as opposed to simply handing me a fish. It revealed to me that all actions, endeavors, ideas and fields of study known to man are a manifestation of the same basic intelligence. It is the nature of self to express this intelligence. The government does not want this. When you have millions of intellectuals pursuing their own goals through their own methods, at some point, they stop needing someone else to provide for them. The government can't allow this if they wish to remain in power, hence the suppression of this fundamental truth. Intelligence becomes a government controlled attribute, hence public schools and sanctioned career paths.

Eyetalian
05-17-2008, 07:57 AM
In my opinion, everyone should experiment with psychedelic drugs. Fuck the government. The problem isn't one of health or safety or whatever, but one of control. Mycohuasca was the end of my drug use as it basically taught me to fish, as opposed to simply handing me a fish. It revealed to me that all actions, endeavors, ideas and fields of study known to man are a manifestation of the same basic intelligence. It is the nature of self to express this intelligence. The government does not want this. When you have millions of intellectuals pursuing their own goals through their own methods, at some point, they stop needing someone else to provide for them. The government can't allow this if they wish to remain in power, hence the suppression of this fundamental truth. Intelligence becomes a government controlled attribute, hence public schools and sanctioned career paths.

Whoa man i think your trippin'

Os3y3ris
05-17-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm not the one spending millions of dollars, killing people, imprisoning people, spreading misinformation and engaging in undercover work. Thats the government. They are fucking insane. Surely there must be a purpose. Personally, I've never heard of a mushroom overdose, have you? So why the ban?