PDA

View Full Version : in the lab with LHX

LHX
05-16-2008, 07:13 PM
well

i said id be back in may, and ive kind of been back but not really

anyway -
the whole reason i was gone in the first place was because i was learning new shit at a local college

and

strangely enough - a big reason why i went to the college in the first place stemmed from the discussions which took place in forums similar to this one

not only the TOPICS of the discussions, but also the STYLE of discussions and the whole technique of discussing on internet forums

that being said - ive been working on some new types of forum technologies which i am looking at launching over the next few months

and

i need some help with beta-testing and general usability feedback

also -
since the theme is invention and innovation - if anybody has some ideas as to what would be good in a forum, or what internet forums are lacking in general - please let me know

im not in the habit of taking peoples ideas and claiming them - i am more than happy to give credit where credit is due - so anybody who contributes will be fully acknowledged as a contributor if need be

also - anybody who is interested is more than welcome to discuss any of the techniques i am putting to use

some of the issues i am looking to address are:

1. people who spam the shit out of forums
2. forums getting ruined
3. having to deal with moderators
4. not enough flexibility
5. avoiding long-post syndrome

also - i am interested about any ideas people may have about incorporating the myspace/facebook side of things into a forum-style environment

i will be around the forum here - but definitely not as much as i was a couple years ago
but if anybody wants/needs to reach me, i get a notification whenever there is a PM sent to my account here

like i said - i will prolly be posting up some links here during the summer to some different techniques that i am assembling, and feedback would be really helpful

if things go well - i will reveal the secrets of the pyramids

also: atlantis

Peace

LORD NOSE
05-16-2008, 07:31 PM
a schedule

a main group with an organized schedule and list of things to accomplish

organization and motivation - you can't just put niggas on cause they cool with you or have a colorful sig - your team has to be organized and have a plan -

people need to learn how to speak up and they can't be afraid of truth

separate that what has to be separated - everything don't mix - learn mixtures

give people power and space for their own expression - have a section where everyone is a mod - let them have fun -

as admin - leave your personal preferences out of other peoples expressions - if their expressions doesn't destroy the thread -

let people know that writing a 5000 word reply in a thread is like someone getting up in the middle of a movie theater during the best minutes of the movie to give their analysis of whats going on -

Prolifical ENG
05-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Yeah thats how WTC mods do it now.....pretty soon it will be 4 years of university to be a mod. Im doing my masters in Forumology. :p

http://www.shift-1.com/w.gif LHX (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/member.php?u=30219)

facebook already has the groups that have forums integrated in them but of course the amount of people that actually post in the group vs people physically in the group = members on a forum : forum posters

thats some cool shit nevertheless

for things that forums lack, that is hard. VBulletin (and even phpbb) pretty much have a add-on/hack for anything you can think of. There still is a lot of things that arent created yet. Its hard to know what at this time.

edit: time for a usertitle change

LORD NOSE
05-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Yeah thats how WTC mods do it now.....pretty soon it will be 4 years of university to be a mod. Im doing my masters in Forumology. :p

there is so much power in forums - its underestimated - recently i don't know whether or not you are serious or being sarcastic - multimedia - shapes minds - organized multimedia can be dangerous - the gubment knows this - so they send in people to attack anyone who will cause a unity among those who build here - spotting these will also be helpful in keeping a forum up - having a tight click of peoples with a high level of understanding is the key -

if i'm off topic let me know - but this is what i got from the starting post

Eyetalian
05-16-2008, 09:50 PM
there is so much power in forums - its underestimated - recently i don't know whether or not you are serious or being sarcastic - multimedia - shapes minds - organized multimedia can be dangerous - the gubment knows this - so they send in people to attack anyone who will cause a unity among those who build here - spotting these will also be helpful in keeping a forum up - having a tight click of peoples with a high level of understanding is the key -

I warn you Sunny sir you are straying into dangerous territory and there can only be one outcome you shall be banished to the Gulags FOOL! Believe me as a crusader against the MANS interference in forums I've felt the full weight of the law so for your own safety i recommend you disappear and never ever ever post again Good luck and Gods speed!

LORD NOSE
05-16-2008, 10:30 PM
youll be bannned for lack of understanding

do the knowledge

nope - you'll be put in your place by those who have high levels of understanding - just like here in KTL

LORD NOSE
05-16-2008, 10:32 PM
I warn you Sunny sir you are straying into dangerous territory and there can only be one outcome you shall be banished to the Gulags FOOL! Believe me as a crusader against the MANS interference in forums I've felt the full weight of the law so for your own safety i recommend you disappear and never ever ever post again Good luck and Gods speed!

thanks for the advise - but this is me - not you

LHX
05-17-2008, 11:29 AM

im not so sure about any government involvement
but
i dont estimate the power of what goes on in places like this

summer 2006
between builds on here, RapLevel, Mud Society, messenger -

thats what set me off in my current direction

the unity that took place during that time was enough to help me overcome the lack of unity that was faced offline

this is why i am interested in taking it up a few notches

STYLE
05-17-2008, 12:18 PM
exclusivity does nothing but isolates those who want change from those who need change. the same is true for "concious hip hop" they try to distance themselves from the mainstream but in the end it just makes them irrelevant and underexposed.

preaching to the choir never has a big impact.

anyway.

so what kind of classes did you take? i am working on a really big project that has social networking elements. lets rtalk shop sometime.

i'm down to beta test. i got a shit load of ideas.

LORD NOSE
05-17-2008, 01:32 PM
im not so sure about any government involvement

i am

but
i dont estimate the power of what goes on in places like this

neither do they

summer 2006
between builds on here, RapLevel, Mud Society, messenger -

thats what set me off in my current direction

you were able to pick up on what was going on and being said more than anyone else at that time - hopefully what you are cookin up will enable you to express what you receive even clearer to the masses
the unity that took place during that time was enough to help me overcome the lack of unity that was faced offline

then you grew too big for that box lol - but you stayed til the end -

this is why i am interested in taking it up a few notches

and you will - thats some scary shit - can i retire now ?