PDA

View Full Version : 25 Greatestest Albums Of All Time As Voted By Internets

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-17-2008, 08:12 AM
http://passionweiss.com/2007/05/09/the-25-greatest-albums-of-all-time-as-voted-on-by-the-internet/

GOOD LIST KID

Longbongcilvaringz
05-17-2008, 08:31 AM
a bit of variety wouldnt go astray.

12weLvE
05-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Not a bad list at all.

JerseyIronman
05-17-2008, 10:15 AM
seems like a good list to me

surprising to see Supreme Clientele on there and no Forever I guess

Mic Tyson
05-17-2008, 01:48 PM
NO 2PAC? that almost fucks the whole list up right there

in my lifetime vol. 1 > the blueprint

black star shouldn't be on that list cuz it aint as good as reflection eternal album

2 outkast albums? yeah fuckin right mabye ATLiens but def. not the other one

and De La Soul is Dead is better than 3 feet high

its a decent list

RynMur
05-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Aquemini is ill. I don't know what your talking about. And I think 3 feet high is better than De La Is Dead. But I see your point with Pac, atleast one of his albums should of made the list.

Prolifical ENG
05-17-2008, 04:40 PM

in my lifetime vol. 1 > the blueprint

black star shouldn't be on that list cuz it aint as good as reflection eternal album

2 outkast albums? yeah fuckin right mabye ATLiens but def. not the other one

its a decent list

wow...I disagree with every one of your points :list: thats what happens with lists anyway.

TSA
05-17-2008, 04:44 PM
doggy style rapes Reasonable doubt and had a greater impact in hip hop and music in general.

otherwise good list

JerseyIronman
05-17-2008, 05:16 PM
I feel like Wu is well represented here

im always afraid that this site distorts my view of how good Wu is

its good to see them get praise like this from an outside source

4 albums in the top 25, thats pretty fucking legendary

oDoUoSoKo
05-17-2008, 05:22 PM

its a decent list

i agree.

CommSense
05-17-2008, 06:47 PM
wack list.

RynMur
05-17-2008, 07:03 PM
seems like a good list to me

surprising to see Supreme Clientele on there and no Forever I guess

I'm feeling your top 4 list. That's how my list goes too, in that exact same order.

11th Chamber
05-17-2008, 09:12 PM
good list considering how many bad ones I have seen over the years.

36 Chambers, LS, OB4CL and SC were all added which they should have been..

I still cant see how Life After Death makes the list over Wu Tang Forever, but whatever

A group of nerds from Staten Island mixed kung-fu, obscure mythology, gully talk and a cult religion to change rap forever.

hahaha

noel411
05-17-2008, 09:25 PM
To me most of those albums are hugely overated.

A lot of them are just albums people pretend to think are amazing because they're supposed to.

I mean Life After Death number 21? The Chronic number 5? Black Star being anywhere near a top 25 list...You're kidding, right? I could go on.

Whatever though. It's just another list.

JerseyIronman
05-17-2008, 10:14 PM
^^

what albums do u think are missing?

Osiris Of This Shit
05-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Aquemini is ill. I don't know what your talking about. And I think 3 feet high is better than De La Is Dead. But I see your point with Pac, atleast one of his albums should of made the list.
I feel like people say that Pac should be on there just because of who he is, not because of his albums. To me, not one of his albums is top 25. Honestly, I think that if you put each of those albums side-by-side with any of Pac's albums, the other albums would win. His albums had filler in it. But it's blasphemous to say that considering it's Tupac.

I do love Pac, but I feel like he's overrated to a degree. His discography isn't THAT great. I don't feel like he has a classic album under his belt.

Sgt Holly Wood
05-18-2008, 01:33 AM
not a bad list actually

things i feel wouldve made it better are

no outkast albums (them shits suck imo)
if a de la soul album had to be there, it shouldve been "stakes is high"
ready to die shouldve been placed in the 20 section, not number 2 at all
supreme clientele was placed too low on that list (def top 10)
reasonable doubt is not better than the blueprint
midnight marauders is not better than the low end theory

so yeah, thats basically how i feel.. butyeah that list was pretty decent
way better than others ive fucking seen lately

Crackhead Bob
05-18-2008, 02:37 AM
The simple fact of the matter is, most people know nothing about Outkast on this forum, first of all you got the guy calling aquemini "that other album", clearly he never even heard it which is sad because that shit is a work of art, and then theres this guy ^^^ who doesn't think any Outkast albums should be on there, I dunno maybe cuz they dress funny?? I know you never heard an Outkast album in your life, you just saw that Ms. Jackson video once and decided they were wack.

The Chronic doesn't belong on there? What the FUCK are you smokin?

The truth is this is a great list, it was compiled the right way and not by 3 mooks sitting alone in a room. How can you possibly complain about 4 Wu albums in the top 14? And how could you possibly complain about Illmatic or Ready to Die being so high? Ask anybody, ANYBODY who knows anything about hip hop what the top 5 albums of all time are and 90% of the time they will mention those 2 albums. To me the lack of knowledge on this forum is amazing. What did you expect a list of underground shit?

Sgt Holly Wood
05-18-2008, 02:44 AM
ive actually heard their 2 first albums, nuttin special at all ^^

and i could care less if 90% of the people mention "ready to die" in their top 5 or whatever... if u ask me it doesnt even make my top 20

and yes there def is a lack of knowledge in this forum

Crackhead Bob
05-18-2008, 02:55 AM
so you are telling me southernplayalisticadillacmusic and ATLiens are nothing special?

maybe you should go back and listen to them again. I suggest

Myintrotoletuknow
Ain't No Thang
Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
Player's Ball
Claimin' True
Git Up, Git Out
Crumblin' Erb
Hootie Hoo
Two Dope Boyz (In a Cadillac)
ATLiens
Wheelz Of Steel
Jazzy Belle
Elevators (Me & You)
13th Floor/Growing Old

These are all classics, and if you never heard Aquemini, that's just sad.

try

Spottieottiedopaliscious

as a guage, if you don't like that, yikes, I guess you don't like much at all.

Crackhead Bob
05-18-2008, 03:00 AM
I think the biggest problem is we have teenagers who were barely alive when these albums came out telling us they suck when they never really got to experience them, of course you don't like the list, you don't even know who the fuck boogie down productions is!!!!

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-18-2008, 07:23 AM
Its also missing the Cold Vein

claaa7
05-18-2008, 07:37 AM
^^ The Cold Vein is a classic no doubt..

Suga Duga
05-18-2008, 10:46 AM
ive actually heard their 2 first albums, nuttin special at all ^^

HOLY SHIT

TAURO
05-18-2008, 11:19 AM
I think the biggest problem is we have teenagers who were barely alive when these albums came out telling us they suck when they never really got to experience them, of course you don't like the list, you don't even know who the fuck boogie down productions is!!!!

It's all subjective though so I cant really hate on these kids that dismiss such obvious classics, they wern't old enough or wern't even born when some of these albums dropped. They will never know what it was like to have been there at that point and feel these albums get better as the years went on.

I thought it was a good list, obviously I felt there was a few questionable choices but then unless I make the list myself these lists would never be able to live up to my expectations.

On the topic of Pac I would say that he was a high caliber mc but NONE of his albums would make top 25 of all time given the competition.

Crackhead Bob
05-18-2008, 11:26 AM
It's all subjective though so I cant really hate on these kids that dismiss such obvious classics, they wern't old enough or wern't even born when some of these albums dropped. They will never know what it was like to have been there at that point and feel these albums get better as the years went on.

couldn't agree more

I thought it was a good list, obviously I felt there was a few questionable choices but then unless I make the list myself these lists would never be able to live up to my expectations.

On the topic of Pac I would say that he was a high caliber mc but NONE of his albums would make top 25 of all time given the competition.

I think Me Against the World deserves a spot that was after he was shot and there's a ton of emotion poured onto that record

TAURO
05-18-2008, 11:44 AM
I think Me Against the World deserves a spot that was after he was shot and there's a ton of emotion poured onto that record

Me against the world is an amazing record no doubt, again it's all subjective, if someone says to me that it's a contender for one of the best in hip hop of all time who am I to to dismiss that?....im sure people could come up with justifiable reasons as to why it deserved it, but given the amount of hip hop i've heard throughout my lifetime im able to give just as good of a justification of why said album doesn't belong within such high standing achievements too, but again mine like yours is just an opinion.

Sgt Holly Wood
05-18-2008, 02:37 PM
so you are telling me southernplayalisticadillacmusic and ATLiens are nothing special?

maybe you should go back and listen to them again. I suggest

Myintrotoletuknow
Ain't No Thang
Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
Player's Ball
Claimin' True
Git Up, Git Out
Crumblin' Erb
Hootie Hoo
Two Dope Boyz (In a Cadillac)
ATLiens
Wheelz Of Steel
Jazzy Belle
Elevators (Me & You)
13th Floor/Growing Old

These are all classics, and if you never heard Aquemini, that's just sad.

try

Spottieottiedopaliscious

as a guage, if you don't like that, yikes, I guess you don't like much at all.
my boy played atliens from start to end a few weeks ago while i was at his crib

i had to pull out my ipod and listen to my shit, cuz them fucking songs were gettin me irritated

i love a whole bunch of other shit thats dope, but i def dont consider them dudes ill at all

i can name 10 groups off my head thats way doper than them.. but thats just me

Sgt Holly Wood
05-18-2008, 02:43 PM
im pretty sure that post wasnt for me

cuz i fucking rock alot of bdp till this day

Crackhead Bob
05-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Nice to know that knowledge reigns supreme over nearly everyone, peace

Rame
05-18-2008, 03:16 PM
I partly agree with Sergeant Steels, OutKast made a lot of awfull music, besides that they also made a lot of classic material.

It's really hit or miss with them.

Longbongcilvaringz
05-19-2008, 06:20 AM
Im just saying, all these albums sound the same and are from the same era.

Completely no diversity.

Maybe it should be "Best 25 Hip Hop Albums of the 90's with mostly dark beats and good mc's with similar lyrical content + a trash jay z album + de la soul"

I know its impossible to make a list like this comprehensive, but its a pretty narrow selection.

All good albums of course though.

Edgar Erebus
05-19-2008, 06:34 AM
Im just saying, all these albums sound the same and are from the same era.

Completely no diversity.

Maybe it should be "Best 25 Hip Hop Albums of the 90's with mostly dark beats and good mc's with similar lyrical content + a trash jay z album + de la soul"

I know its impossible to make a list like this comprehensive, but its a pretty narrow selection.

All good albums of course though.

Did you even read the list?

Of 25 albums, these are those that don't fit in your description (Best 25 Hip Hop Albums of the 90's with mostly dark beats and good mc's with similar lyrical content + a trash jay z album + de la soul)

Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold us Back
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory
Eric B. & Rakim - Paid in Full
N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton
Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele
Boogie Down Productions - Criminal Minded
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
Run-DMC - Raising Hell

Obviously the guy has bias towards that type of albums that you told, but you can't tell he ain't made a list with variety. You got basically everything here.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-19-2008, 06:41 AM
I still find it funny that people state that certain albums SHOULDN'T be on the list and certain other SHOULD be on there. Wouldn't the world be interesting if we all had the same top 25 list for everything...

Nothing more ignorant than expressing your opinion on art as fact.

Galvatron97
05-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Ironman or Wu-Tang Forever should have been on the list over SC......but other than that, its a pretty solid list....

11th Chamber
05-19-2008, 03:16 PM
I have always prefered Chronic 2001 over Chronic, but to each his own

buckshotstheone
05-19-2008, 07:34 PM

that's what actually legitimized the list for me. pac doesn't deserve to be on a top 100 MCs and none of his albums deserve to be in the top 100 (except MAYBE strictly for my....)

list was as close to perfect as i've ever seen

buckshotstheone
05-19-2008, 07:35 PM
I have always prefered Chronic 2001 over Chronic, but to each his own

how old are you?

not to be a dick, but in all honesty, i've found that people who really didn't listen to rap that much when the chronic dropped tend to like chronic 2001 more. but for me, 2001 was a HUGE disappointment because there was no way in HELL it was anywhere NEAR close to as good as the chronic

TAURO
05-19-2008, 07:38 PM
^^well thats your opinion and an epic generalisation.

buckshotstheone
05-19-2008, 07:47 PM
^^well thats your opinion and an epic generalisation.

every verse on the chronic was spit by a legend

almost every verse on 2001 was spit by a nobody, save for dre himself and xzibit. and before anyone mentions feminem, i said "legend", not "homo"

TAURO
05-19-2008, 07:57 PM
every verse on the chronic was spit by a legend

almost every verse on 2001 was spit by a nobody, save for dre himself and xzibit. and before anyone mentions feminem, i said "legend", not "homo"

Well despite what you think Eminem is considered a legend and let's not forget that a well respected southern mc by the name of Devin the dude also featured. Of course your response still doesn't explain your previous statement.

OTB
05-19-2008, 08:10 PM
the chronic ass-fingerz chronic 2001-

buckshotstheone
05-19-2008, 08:11 PM
the chronic ass-fingerz chronic 2001-

HOLLA!!!!

11th Chamber
05-19-2008, 08:24 PM
^^^ still the most immature poster on wu-corp

buckshotstheone
05-19-2008, 09:05 PM
^^^ still the most immature poster on wu-corp

http://image.listen.com/img/356x237/9/9/8/9/759899_356x237.jpg

don't fuck with marques houston

JerseyIronman
05-20-2008, 12:13 AM
that's what actually legitimized the list for me. pac doesn't deserve to be on a top 100 MCs

did i read this correctly?

you dont think pac deserves to be on a top 100 MCs list??

im not a big pac fan but i recognize that he definitely had a lot of talent, come on now

11th Chamber
05-20-2008, 01:50 AM
did i read this correctly?

you dont think pac deserves to be on a top 100 MCs list??

im not a big pac fan but i recognize that he definitely had a lot of talent, come on now

just ignore him.

Edgar Erebus
05-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Word.

Buckshot needs some help, seriously, his hate towards Pac and Em just ain't sane.

buckshotstheone
05-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Word.

Buckshot needs some help, seriously, his hate towards Pac and Em just ain't sane.

i feel my hate is justified. these are 2 MC's that although they had some good records, are easily the most over-rated MCs in the game.

em has 2 good EPs and one decent album (Infinite, SSEP and SSLP)

and pac has 2 good albums (2pacalypse and strictly)

makaveli was good too, i'll give him that as well

but that's IT. other than that, dudes are kinda weak and yet people swing on their nuts like it's a fucking life line

Edgar Erebus
05-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Okay, 2Pac is lyrically at least on the same level as Buckshot, while Eminem is lyrically and flow-wise one of the best that ever touched a mic and that's a FACT.

If you don't like their subject matter (which I agree, they both washed it out after a while), you don't have to, but you simply can't HATE it just for being megapopular.

THE W
05-20-2008, 10:32 AM
i dont have any huge complaints on this list. would've put liquid swords a bit higher but good job anyway.

buckshotstheone
05-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Okay, 2Pac is lyrically at least on the same level as Buckshot

i will EASILY give you that

while Eminem is lyrically and flow-wise one of the best that ever touched a mic and that's a FACT.

he's a novelty. much like vanilla ice, only the next generation.

if he hadn't been pimped out by dr. dre he would be just another underground white rapper that college kids quote all day long while taking bong hits and watching chappelle's show. success doesn't equal talent, it simply equals good marketing

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Oh shut up Buckshot. All you seem to do on here is bitch and moan and tell everyone they're wrong cos your opinion is actually fact. If you listen to Em's lyrics and his early stuff and radio freestyles and honestly compare him to Vanilla Ice then you're the dumbest fuck on this forum and that's saying something.

ALCATRAZ
05-20-2008, 11:14 AM
biggie should not be at number 3 smh

ALCATRAZ
05-20-2008, 11:15 AM
i feel my hate is justified. these are 2 MC's that although they had some good records, are easily the most over-rated MCs in the game.

em has 2 good EPs and one decent album (Infinite, SSEP and SSLP)

and pac has 2 good albums (2pacalypse and strictly)

makaveli was good too, i'll give him that as well

but that's IT. other than that, dudes are kinda weak and yet people swing on their nuts like it's a fucking life line
obviously a hater... all eyez on me and me against the world are both gems

VZA
05-20-2008, 11:43 AM
2pac is easily in the top 10 greatest rappers.

Eminem at his best, was also one of the best. Just because he became popular, you don't have to start saying he's shit.