PDA

View Full Version : Round 6 (Vote Here)

Complex
05-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Round 6

Contestants;
Schizo-Manic- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=624307&content=songinfo&songID=6537124
Erap- http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6539049&q=hi
Technician- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=676715&songID=6540769
Devamps- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6541053
Complex- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6541264
Ozmosis- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=676715&songID=6545775
Clymax- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=676715
Infinity tha God- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=653659&songID=6548220
Moose36- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6550510

No Voting for yaself...

Voting ends May 21

12weLvE
05-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Plex you dropped some nasty samples...Props.

Complex took it IMO. He fucking freeked it.

Schiz in second place, and I got Ozmosis in 3rd.

Everyone dropped some solid joints. I think this was the best round so far.

INF
05-17-2008, 01:22 PM
I thought plex was doin it for fun , plus he cant win twice. give the vote to schiz.

12weLvE
05-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Thats right I forgot about that rule. Yeah I am gonna have to give it to Schiz then.

INF
05-17-2008, 01:30 PM
I aint hatin though , I'm just sayin. ppl can vote how they wan vote. Aint no rule against voting for plex if he's up there but he wont win just like herbs didnt win.

I'll drop a review of all these beats cuz like you said Chek , this was a great round. I would like to make a playlist or disc outta these beats for this round. I said it before about making a tape of the rounds but this one was hot , Part in partial to the samples provided.

12weLvE
05-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Yeah it was my idea to spice it up by providing 2 samples... I dont know shit got borign after a while....everybody flipping the same section because that was the only hot section to flip. I dont knock anybody for that...it is bound to happen with 10 to 12 cats flipping the same joint.

So as far as this round goes...

Complex, Devamps and Technician cannot win...

So even if you think that their beats were the best... give them their props, but not the votes.

INF
05-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech got very little votes last round though and I guess that was why. Cuz he had won already. The round he won was absurd. He aired it out.

12weLvE
05-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Pablos beat on that round was fly (IMo the best beat that round), but he was "Lizard King" and I dint know that, and let my hater side affect my vote lol.

INF
05-17-2008, 02:04 PM
hahaha, thats right. I remember now. He pissed you off with that shit. Thats how I knew it was Pablo off the bat cuz he was all "elitist". How was a new cat named "lizard king" just gonna come up in here with his nose that high in the air and not be Pablo.

Good times though.

I thought about making a second account called "The crypt keeper" and post up songs and see if anybody could tell. I got a lil stash that recently built up and I could put them tracks out and you wouldnt know it was me cuz nobody else IRL does. Buuuut I aint got that kind of time.

Not that its bad but I always feel like maybe just maybe .... Beatjitzu might be somebody up in here that just wanted to flip it different than they was doing with they original account. I aint hatin or talkin bout somebody when they aint here. That shit is genius. It takes a lot. That would be crazy if Beatjitzu was like Lord Zero or something. 2 different styles thats creative and original but in the same respect - opposite. Its crazy.

I pretty much got respect for all the music makers up in this forum that share they shit. Not all of em but damn near all of em. I got a lot of respect for the creative ones though. Alter egos and fresh styles and shit. You know.

12weLvE
05-17-2008, 02:12 PM
I feel what your saying lol.

Secondary accounts are fun lol... Remember DeeDisciple36 LMAO!!! Classic shit.

Yeah we all kinda have some similar styles (or TASTE, iof thats a better term), but the way we sample, sequence and the drums we use really bring out or original styles. I have a lot of respect for everybody on the audiobooth who is active...not just drops a track every 5 months and doesnt come back until the next one is ready. Props to all the cats holding down the audiobooth.

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
05-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Nice conversation bruthaz..Hehe..Dunno why i got little votes in the 5th round but it is what it is..I dont feel that the beat was good cause it was my sample and i wanted to see how the cats will flip it..This round is better for me cause I am feelin my joint..Peace..

05-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Infinity tha god for me..He flipped that shit with a nice way..Props!!

INF
05-18-2008, 12:52 AM
Clymax made that shit sound like a doom production. I'm at a draw between him and Devamps right now cuz Devamps did this crazy shit where he opens the sound of the sample real slow and it becomes really clear. I cant describe it any better than the sample goes through a rotary effect that makes it go from reg to HD. Cool tricks.

Tech - thanks for the vote. ur beat was ill on a dark level. Necro could fuck that shit up. It needs an MC to just go crazy on it with no hook. OH and ayo!!! Ur drums are always Smackin!!!! How u get ur drums to sound that solid????

Erap - The part that you chopped is dope. u had a solid beat.

Schizo - This is the dopest shit that I heard from you. the sound is tight. only reason it didnt get my vote is that its too long and it became monotonous. No disrespect though cuz that is an ill groove you made.

Devamps - At first...I wanted to hate on your beat cuz you took the whole intro off that track. The beat needed that whole intro though and as many times as I've played this track now - I cant hate. Your EQ on this was something to take notes on.

Complex - Boy. you are ripping that fuckin sp a new asshole! I been listening to your joints since I got here in 05 and you came a long way. You was dope back then with the dark ass grimey shit but what you became with the SP is something different. YOu can tell that you put a LOT into your tracks. Big up.

Ozmosis - I heard you rip it up so I know you got skills but this track sounds like you didnt even like the samples. The backwards effect that you use is FIRE though. I always wanted to use that but I cant find it with the tools I have. I'm still trial and error'ing with that concept. Some programs have it available but I dont know how to do that in FL. Shit is tight though. Props to you for formating your track with an intro and outro instead of just letting it abruptly stop.

Clymax - Shit was HYPE. Like I said , It reminds me of a DOOM beat. Not a particular one though. Sounds like it could be on MM..food. eq was good. I would have liked to hear a vocal sample on it though.

Moose - shit was nice for a hurry. I can tell that you hurried cuz I heard most of your other stuff. nice tricks on this one but its real laid back and thats cool an all but I guess when I listen for a vote , I'm lookin to see what was the most hype beat.

Everybody came correct.

My vote goes to Devamps. You could tell a story over that shit Ghost style.

Ozmosis
05-18-2008, 10:10 AM
I voted for Clymax's beat, its ill

Edgar Erebus
05-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Infinity wins. Yeah, he took a quite straightforward approach, but it ended with real catchy and moving shit.

Complex
05-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Imma give these all a listen after the Royals game and drop a review...

Sgt Holly Wood
05-18-2008, 04:35 PM
vote-complex

Complex
05-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Schizo- this joint is pretty wild... I like the bass, kinda outshines the sample tho, drums are on point... nice sequence but could use some variation...

Erap- I knew someone was gonna sample that part... sounds good but again gets monotonous, grimey tho...

Tech- hits hard, and the sample gives it a sinister vibe... would have liked to see more outta this, solid shit tho..

Vamps- nice intro, melody comes in ill... laidback drums give this a zone out type of steez... switch up dope too, this my favorite so far...an mc could black out on this...

Oz- haha bonus points for that intro, this joint is hypnotic, I like the samplin, nice cuts, drums sound good... only thing is I think the bass melody clashes with the samplin, still soundin strong tho, ill concept right here...

Clymax- intro is dope, diggin the cuts here too.. we had a similar approach with this, I like how this makes smooth transitions... drums are crisp...

Infinity- ok I see you fam... this joint comes in with a classic sound, nice break, samplin dope too... this is fresh right here with the variations and filters... almost doin too much towards the end, but I like the switches as opposed to something bland... nice work...

Moose- maybe the most unique out the bunch.. comes in strong, kinda choppy but the switch is a nice changeup... bass is dope... I like the bounce on this, catchy...

aight so I narrowed it down to Vamps, Oz, and Infinity...

Vote- Devamps

nice flips this round by everyone tho....

12weLvE
05-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Suggestion for the next few rounds... Everybody submits their beats to the host, and they all get posted up with no names next to them (to minimise on favouritism in the voting). So it would be: Beat 1, Beat 2 and vice versa. Ofcourse since we all our familiar with eachothers styles we will probably notice, but I think it will make this a little more exciteting... I mean the 2 sample submition seems to be really helping this tournament...anybody down with this??

INF
05-19-2008, 02:40 PM
I'm defiantly down with doing this on an anonymous level.

King Tron 1
05-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Seeing as my memory is messed up, and don’t remember any of the beats from the past battle, I’m assuming that everyone has similar entries this time around. I decided to switch my reviewing technique for this round. I’ll listen to each songs twice, then write about the lasting impression, then add more critique after listening to all of them once more.

Schizo-Manic – A Prayer For Serenity – I like this beat. If I wasn’t a beat aficionado, I’d probably wouldn’t bother with this type of beat, but since I am, I can easily say that this is gonna be another tough decision. I like the bass and the drums compliment each other. The “screeching” sounds heard throughout the song aren’t overused, I like that. He used them with some moderation, and didn’t go overboard with it. Overall a good beat. After hearing this once more, I noticed a different sound. Sounds like a voice, but can’t really decipher what it is. Nice addition to the beat.

Erap – Special Technique – Hahahaha, the special technique of shadowboxin’ sample, everyone here should know that sound. He even added the sound effects to go with it. I liked the slight drop with the drum solo at around 1 min. I thought that the “special technique” was used a bit randomly, idk maybe just me tho. I did like the beat overall, and the sound mimics the moment before everything is revealed, right before the climactic scene of a movie.

Technician – Nightmare – Alright let’s see what Técnico has in store this time around. I like the simplicity to the drums, and they were very effective for giving off a good lasting impression. The beat is nothing as the title suggests, but given the proper MC and they could convince me otherwise. Although it is relatively short, it does give off the proper vibe within the time allotted. Nothing further to discuss about this more than decent beat.

Devamps – Suspense – The Intro sounds something similar to a Madvillainy joint, but then the song changes pace and aims towards totally different terrain. I don’t know about the name of the song, since I was expecting something more of a hyper type of listen. You know something that gets you amped, almost to the point of tachycardia. Or maybe that’s the genius of the beat; it gives off a different tone towards the end, again calling back to the Madvillainy type of intro.

Complex – Fifty-Thousand – Complex got my vote last time, but I’m not playing favorites. Damn you made it hard not pick your beat, tho. Not that many people would’ve used the jazzy elements, let alone perfected the technique. This is something that Gangstarr and Jurassic 5 fans would enjoy, me being one of them. The percussions weren’t as calm as one would expect, but Black Moon has implemented the same style to perfection, so props on that. This beat really stands out among the rest due to its jazz-themed instrumentation.

Ozmosis – The Man Behind The Curtain – “I am Oz, the Great & Powerful, who are you?” Simple beat, but effective nonetheless. The sample at the beginning didn’t really fit into the theme of the song, but that’s okay it doesn’t really need to, that’s probably for song identification purposes. I do like the simple changes made throughout the entire song, and makes every next second worth listening to with great anticipation. This would definitely be a selection for the “introduciary” song of the album. “The Great Oz has spoken, pay no attention to that man behind the curtain” is what convinces me that this beat would fit flawlessly at the beginning, and would probably be the title of the album, if I’m not mistaken. I’m envisioning an album the entire time listening to the song, in case you wondering.

Clymax – Can’t Sleep – Since the link sent me to another page, I assume that this is the selected entry by Clymax. Yesterday’s New Quintet is the person that I think about when listening to this beat. The title of the song makes me believe that in a state of pure insomnia, this is what could come out as a result. Almost to say that you spent the entire night making this beat, and decided not to rest until 100% satisfied with the song. I do love the sound of this beat, and the way it comes into fruition within the first seconds of listening to it. The song does give off a nostalgic feeling, that being a retro-maniac myself, I can’t help but to give a listen again and again. The bassline is one to envy, since it is applied ideally with no error.

Infinity tha God – Time & Money – This is yet another Madvillainy type of sound, similar to Monkey Suite. I decided to do ignore the song that was playing and let the atmosphere take over, and I realized that the beat changed, and I thought that I had changed the song. You gotta love the same beat, but with different sounds coming in. Infinity opted to travel to Complex City and partake in some real estate there. The beginning of the song had me convinced that it was Madvillainy, but not after the beat changes. It’s almost like Five different beats put together. Damn you know you’ve got yourself a winner when the only error is a typographical one.

Moose36 – Collision – Two different beats with dynamic indications. I decided to listen to this one the most to make sure that Infinity’s beat didn’t get my vote until the last entry was heard, and I’m glad I did. The first rapidly enthused beat is strong, then almost like in a video game when your life bar flashes indicating that you’re about to die, the beat changes mood. Almost brings you into a cold atmospheric dimension. Then after your resurrection, it speeds up once more, almost to say your going out gunz a blazin’. Both parts were weak separately compared to the other entries, but put together and you’ve got yourself a tandem that would certainly win more than a few votes.

Once again, the battle was tough, but not without a victor. After giving them about two more listens each, I decide to vote for the song that motivates me the most to write verses to. That song was none other than Clymax’s. Although Infinity did come from a different angle, it would certainly place second. I don’t think he’d mind since he’s got the most votes right now.

INF
05-19-2008, 03:40 PM
haha peace tron. I didnt even noticed that I had a typo. "time amd money"

thanks

King Tron 1
05-19-2008, 03:42 PM
I voted for Clymax's beat, its ill
You're looking at the other voter...
Suggestion for the next few rounds... Everybody submits their beats to the host, and they all get posted up with no names next to them (to minimise on favouritism in the voting). So it would be: Beat 1, Beat 2 and vice versa. Ofcourse since we all our familiar with eachothers styles we will probably notice, but I think it will make this a little more exciteting... I mean the 2 sample submition seems to be really helping this tournament...anybody down with this??
I wouldn't mind, after all the beats speak for themselves when I'm reviewing them, so...
I'm defiantly down with doing this on an anonymous level.
The only problem I see with this is production credits, although it seems that none here would take credit for someone else's creation. But I think that songs should have titles, just no authors. I reflect the songs off of their titles sometimes, and just having beat 1, beat 2, etc. would create some havoc.

INF
05-19-2008, 03:54 PM
The only problem I see with this is production credits, although it seems that none here would take credit for someone else's creation. But I think that songs should have titles, just no authors. I reflect the songs off of their titles sometimes, and just having beat 1, beat 2, etc. would create some havoc.

What we could do is just have the original names of the songs. I kinda like the numeric approach though cuz its like a taste test. Anyway , if we just have the names out there it aint nothin to worry about. ppl around here dont steal that much. We do have mf's that bite shit but they only come through once in a while or not at all. The snake mf's dont really participate in these battles.

Names or numbers , I think this is a great idea. Sometimes you just cant fight bias. It happens to everybody. By cutting the names of the artist out , you eliminate bias. I dont really think I have seen to much bias affecting the votes though. There was some close calls but nothing major. It always is what it is with these battles. Freshest is 1st place.

12weLvE
05-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah we can do names instead of numbers...and then after the voting deadline is done... the producers are revealed.

INF
05-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Word^

King Tron 1
05-19-2008, 04:01 PM
That's all I ask...

05-20-2008, 09:47 AM
Yeah we can do names instead of numbers...and then after the voting deadline is done... the producers are revealed.

very good idea..:o

MF Herbs
05-20-2008, 02:47 PM
plex and vamps.. plex already in the finals.. vote vamps.. easy...

and.. yall thinking too much on this.. it isnt favouritism..

INF
05-20-2008, 03:20 PM
it aint that its favoritism. we both said that. its just about a fresher way of doing shit.

12weLvE
05-20-2008, 09:26 PM
it aint that its favoritism. we both said that. its just about a fresher way of doing shit.

Yeah, just to spice shit up.

MF Herbs
05-21-2008, 12:59 PM
ayo tech... LMAO!!!???!?? sup with that sig?

INF
05-24-2008, 12:25 PM
r we having a 7th round? I got the samples....