PDA

View Full Version : Tap Water?

Cee Oh Vee
05-19-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm always hearing people talk about the "bad stuff" that's in tap water, I know they put some chemicals and stuff in it - but I don't know much about it at all.

Discuss, and teach me please..

PEACE.

VZA
05-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Don't think it's that bad, most people are fine with it.

Although, in certain countrys like india, it's shit awful and if you're not used to it makes you very ill.

Cee Oh Vee
05-19-2008, 04:40 PM
I see. So it's not as bad as people make out?

'Cause I overheard a conversation the other day, and they were talking about some wash lands where there's a lake / reservoir thingy (I've never been there, obviously), and a guy said to someone else; "it's probably cleaner than your tap water".

And I knew he was getting at this subject.

VZA
05-19-2008, 04:42 PM
A lot of lakes are cleaner than tap water, but it doesn't make it the most harmful thing in the world.

Certain parts of the world(possibly some parts of the US), the water is pretty shitty, and can make you ill something rotten, but I don't think you have to worry, seeing as you live in the UK.

12weLvE
05-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Well NYC water is amazing!!! It has better taste than bottled water.

6 Chambaz
05-19-2008, 04:49 PM
basically, the only problem with tap water that it's got chemicals which actually make it clean and safe. but yeah, in countries like India, Peru and Egypt, just to name a few, you have to be used to their water otherwise you'll be ill, and not Inspectah Deck-Ill, but shit for days-ill

12weLvE
05-19-2008, 04:56 PM
you have to be used to their water otherwise you'll be ill, and not Inspectah Deck-Ill, but shit for days-ill

LMAO!!!

I ve been to 8 states in the U.S. and NEW JERSEY water is the worst I ve ever had.

King Tron 1
05-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Everyone across the border buys the 5 gallon water, but everyone here drinks tap. I've tasted the water from across the border, and shit is nasty. Drug Cartel killings is their main priority tho, 360-ish related deaths since the beginning of the year.

Machete
05-20-2008, 01:00 AM
Fluoridation in our water supply is what you are after. Look it up sometime if you are really curious. Those who control the water supply are truly in control. You bathe in this shit.

TSA
05-20-2008, 01:05 AM
tap water is awesome, way better then bottled water, which tastes like water bottles

i don't care about flouride cause US water is so clean that if we drink water from anywhere but the US or canada we get sick

so we have to drink foriegn water in small doses so our body deals with duh parasites piece by piece until we're used to it

so yea, tap water is the shit, ppl should be greatful for it, cause why you don't have a button that gives you instant water, and have to start boiling rain, your gonna feel like a douche that can't take 2 hr showers.

LORD NOSE
05-20-2008, 02:26 AM
Well NYC water is amazing!!! It has better taste than bottled water.

you buggin - you can taste the metals and chemicals in the NYC water - drink some steamed water for 2 weeks then try that tap water again -

Cee Oh Vee
05-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Hold up, if you collect rain water and boil it; it's OK to drink?

I mean 'cause here in Birmingham it's just acid rain, at least that's what my geography teacher tells me.

6 Chambaz
05-20-2008, 08:00 AM
Hold up, if you collect rain water and boil it; it's OK to drink?

I mean 'cause here in Birmingham it's just acid rain, at least that's what my geography teacher tells me.
depends on which rain water. In the mountains, or any "clean" enviroment, rain water is drinkable without boiling/heating, but say in places, where the air is polluted and full of nasty chemicals (E.g. china), it's a problem. sometimes even boiling can't fix the problem.

It basically depends on the chemicals inside the air

Cee Oh Vee
05-20-2008, 08:15 AM
OK, I don't live near any factories really, and I'm not too close to the city centre so I wouldn't say there's that much pollution in my area. So are you saying I could put a pan in my garden when it's raining, take it in once its full, put it on the cooker, boil it, and put it in the refrigerator when it's done; and when it's cold it's fine to drink?

6 Chambaz
05-20-2008, 08:22 AM
OK, I don't live near any factories really, and I'm not too close to the city centre so I wouldn't say there's that much pollution in my area. So are you saying I could put a pan in my garden when it's raining, take it in once its full, put it on the cooker, boil it, and put it in the refrigerator when it's done; and when it's cold it's fine to drink?
basically, yes.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-20-2008, 08:26 AM
I prefer orange juice.

Cee Oh Vee
05-20-2008, 08:27 AM
basically, yes.

coolio, can't wait to try it.

6 Chambaz
05-20-2008, 08:39 AM
coolio, can't wait to try it.
mind you, if you do that on a constant basis, you're going to waste energy, and considering the current energy crisis, that's a no-no

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-20-2008, 08:45 AM
And during the summer you're gonna get THIRSTY.

Cee Oh Vee
05-20-2008, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I'm just gonna do it once anyhow.. lol

LORD NOSE
05-20-2008, 12:45 PM
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7351/casebottlesqq8.jpg

Prolifical ENG
05-20-2008, 02:27 PM
"would you like anything to drink?"

"a glass of water straight from the tap, none of that hippie bottled stuff"

that bottled water is good when your out and about because people these days discovered more how important it is to stay fully hydrated.

the tap water has unwanted ions but at the same time it takes away many of the minerals our bodies can use. If you think the water in the tap tastes better its because of those good minerals.

The best water I had was at this nightclub...they sold these 40 ouncers in clear glass bottles...I dont know what it was but it tasted so pure. maybe it was that steamed shit.

LORD NOSE
05-20-2008, 02:33 PM
steamed is better because all the sediments stay in the pot

WARPATH
05-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Tap Water was created by the devil, so your hair will be clean, and then you'll get up and be sub-servient, go to work and pay taxes. The chemicals they put in the water sink into your brain and take away your freedom of choice, so that all you want to do is lay around after work, drink beer and watch cartoons.