PDA

View Full Version : this is why hip hop is dead,THIS IS WHY MUTHAFUCKAS! SHIT!!!

cap
05-21-2008, 06:31 PM
http://allhiphop.com/stories/features/archive/2008/05/21/19910928.aspx

universal didnt wanna promote him cus he didnt wanna rap about hoes & jewels.
where are all the real human beings

TSA
05-21-2008, 06:43 PM
schnookbeek, belgium

buckshotstheone
05-21-2008, 08:10 PM
italiano, slanted-eye bangin' a fat milado, sellin' coke right out the bottle....sometimes....

buckshotstheone
05-21-2008, 08:18 PM
http://allhiphop.com/stories/features/archive/2008/05/21/19910928.aspx

universal didnt wanna promote him cus he didnt wanna rap about hoes & jewels.
where are all the real human beings

all this shit is from saigon's mouth, give universal a chance to explain......

http://www.dance-lyrics.com/ama/its_on_dr_dre_187um_killa_b00000dhsh.jpg

EAGLE EYE
05-21-2008, 08:22 PM
All these house-hold-name record companies are running themselves into the ground on so many different levels.

Read the article Derrick

http://graysmatter.codivation.com/content/binary/zoolander_face.jpg

Edgar Erebus
05-22-2008, 02:19 AM
Thanks God for creating Internet. Let's fuck those greedy bitches up.

You know, what's saddest, when it was formed, Atlantic Records was prolly the best label in the world. Most friendly to artists and everything. They basically started the whole R&B/soul shit.

TSA
05-22-2008, 02:36 AM
All these house-hold-name record companies are running themselves into the ground on so many different levels.

Read the article Derrick

http://graysmatter.codivation.com/content/binary/zoolander_face.jpg

i dont read via wucorp articles, what's the use

record companies are dumb tho, killing its self.

like, they don't promote the artist anymore

why the fuck would you sign someone and not promote them

only non hip hop acts get promotion budgets now....wtf?

Edgar Erebus
05-22-2008, 04:30 AM
^^ That's the result of admiring art of hip-hop underground promotion. Like, why to promote them when it goes best when promoted by themselves?

Visionz
05-22-2008, 07:05 AM
They even passed on signing the legendary Devin The Dude because he wasnt 'young enoughdumb-asses, Devin is THE DUDE

They wanted me to tell 12 and 13 year old kids that its cool to be strippers and gangbangers.concentrated dumbing down of the masses

Once people realize money doesnt equal happiness the world will be a better place..I know alot of rich miserable people, rappers, actors or just plain businessmen that are hooked on drugs and shit because theyre trying to escape reality. The money dont mean shit...Lets talk about THAT..that's some real fuckin talkin

check out the single at the end of the article, its a hot track
http://allhiphop.com/stories/multimedia__music/archive/2008/05/21/19910220.aspx

THE W
05-22-2008, 08:17 AM
nothing new. not even for a second.

unless you allow the labels to package you you're gonna have to fight to get you music out and properly promoted. this happens with any genre of music.

TGambino
05-23-2008, 02:33 AM
sometimes label situations jus aint right.....he even mentions that DMX and 50 were both on Columbia and left n sold 20 million records + each on their next label and 50 has mentioned it a million times....he gon get on a new label n he'll probably do fine

CharlesJones
05-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Saigon speaking the truth about faggot record company owners who are mostly white. White people don't understand nothing about real hip hop so i don't know why they would sign a real hip hop artist anyway and then shit on the artist by not releasing their album.

HANZO
05-28-2008, 04:31 PM
can you blame the record company though. party music sells, record companies are in the game to make money. not to send out positive messages.

CharlesJones
05-28-2008, 04:33 PM
That's true but that's what's so sad about the rap industry.

Edgar Erebus
05-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Saigon speaking the truth about faggot record company owners who are mostly white. White people don't understand nothing about real hip hop so i don't know why they would sign a real hip hop artist anyway and then shit on the artist by not releasing their album.

Akhm...

http://www.allcdcovers.com/download/51e32c0ad4a4eeedd03964adb5621509/26271/ef68ad8de7990b61e5bfc1c6fa274f6d/483dcf7a/nas_illmatic_1994_retail_cd-front

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6645/illmaticag8.jpg

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
05-28-2008, 05:00 PM
indie route is the best route......

and the net does wonders for an artist.......

this shit is leaving a sour taste in my mouth....I wanna jump back in and make music but honestly I am shook at the idea....

after reading this article I think I am goin to kepp it underground and politic with up and coming artists who are about the culture and not primarily about the dollar

CharlesJones
05-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Your right that being with a independent label is the best way to go for a rapper. Independent labels are the ones who signed rappers when rap music first started in the 80's because major labels were scared of rap music. When major labels saw how popular rap became and they saw that independent labels were making a lot of money off of rap, then they jumped on the bandwagon and signed some rappers. Fucking bastards.

junius
05-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Saigon = The Nigger You Love To Hate

Charles Jones, Saigon is THEE most ignorant of black men, he blames EVERYONE but himself for his problems.

Q: Do ya'll think Atlantic Records wanted to NOT make $$$ off this asshole?

Of course they did but they KNEW nobody gave a shit. $50,000 for two videos is quite a bit, actually, considering ** they sold NO (0.0, none, ZERO) records from the guy.

If his album HAD come out, he would have moved Percee P #s on something that cost A HELL of a lot more.

If Saigon is so nice-- he's NOT, which is why he's the weakest dude on the new Roots-- then Stones Throw will sign him up tomorrow. As it is, Sai will be lucky to get on Koch, or Babygrande.

QUESTION: How ** the fuck ** has Saigon made a living these past x years based on no record sales and the rare live gig? Seriously, ** how does the guy pay his bills ** ?!

Yeah, but he so "real."

Once in a while big labels fuck up and reject things that WILL sell and do (the rock band Wilco is a famous example) but to spend all that $$$ when the guy won't come close to outselling Prodigy solo?

Remember when we all said "Blood Money" was a total flop? Hah hah. Saigon will never sell that many records in his LIFE, nor make as good a one as "Pearly Gates," at least before it was censored.

Saigon keeps on losing on ALL levels, game over.

CharlesJones
05-31-2008, 11:34 AM
Well i've never heard Saigon's music so i can't comment on his lyrical ability. Junius i understand your point of view but you have to admit that record companies are shady and they always have been towards black artists. I don't know how record companies treat white artists but i'm sure they get treated better than black artists especially rappers. Why do you think talented rappers quit the rap game after one or two albums? Record companies are the reason why.

CharlesJones
05-31-2008, 11:47 AM
Another thing that's fucked up about record companies is when black owners and black employees shit on black artists. I'm gonna give you a few examples. Berry Gordy who owned Motown records is a good example. I saw a documentary about Motown and some producers named Holland Dozier Holland wrote and produced a lot of hit songs for the label for The Temptations, The Supremes, Mary Wells, Martha Reeves and The Vandellas, The Four Tops. Well when these guys wanted more money for their work since they were writing and producing hits, Berry decided he didn't wanna give them more money so they left Motown. Same thing happened with Marvin Gaye. Berry didn't wanna put out Marvin's What's Going On album because he felt that the album was too political and it wasn't gonna sell. Well Marvin made Berry look stupid because the album sold well and it's one of Marvin's best albums. Before What's Going On came out, Motown was putting out mainstream happy songs to appeal to white people because Berry wanted white people buying his artists albums and not just blacks. So that's why Berry was scared to release What's Going On because Berry had never had his artists do political songs before but what Berry didn't realize is that when the 70's came along, bad things were happening in the black community and that's why a few artists with Motown like The Temptations, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye started doing political music.

Another example i'm gonna give is you The Five Heartbeats movie with Robert Townsend, Leon, Michael Wright(he looks like a crackhead but he's a good actor LOL). Remember when black dude Big Red who owned Big Red records got into a fight with a artist of his who was signed to his label? The artist was mad at Big Red because Big Red owed him some money and when the artist demanded his money from Big Red, Big Red and his flunkies beat the dude up and almost threw him over a balcony. Big Red also had The Five Heartbeats manager killed when Big Red tried to get rid of their manager over some money because their manager threatened Big Red that he was gonna go to the cops and tell them that Big Red had taken advantage financially of a lot of former artists that was on his label and he had paid radio dj's to play his artists records. Suge Knight took advantage financially of his artists too and that's why his label is dead because of his selfishness and ignorance LOL.