PDA

View Full Version : idea/suggestion for a future beat battle..

the silencer
05-24-2008, 04:41 PM
has this been done on here before??

the idea is to take a Wu song (or a hip hop song but I'm thinkin a Wu song since we're on the Corp)---preferably one that is generally regarded as having a subpar beat ----and all the beatmakers have to create a remix of the song..

i'm sayin this just because, as an observer/listener in this section, what i always seem to enjoy the most are the remixes of tracks but yet there's not to many of you guys that do that....or at least not that often..

so i think it'd be cool to have a beat battle where everybody tries to make the dopest remix of a chosen track..

what do you guys think?

PEACE

WuGambino
05-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Yo I haven't been on here in a while but just checked back and that's a dope idea. I would def be down

the silencer
05-25-2008, 02:29 PM
anybody else got anything to say bout it???

Complex? where u at???

Sinapse
05-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Its a good idea, but i also like traditional beat battles since you can be imaginative and compare and contrast how an MC may flip a certain beat and gauge its potential that way, with a remix its like your already heavily interested in the accapella being used and there is a built in comparison to the original track, its more of a mechanical comparison. On the other hand, its more standardized and straightforward i guess...

Edgar Erebus
05-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Cool idea, I was thinking 'bout doing the same

Complex
05-26-2008, 09:35 AM
this would be a good idea once the tournament starts....

MF Herbs
05-27-2008, 12:42 AM
a remix battle...... hhhhmmmmmmm plex.... lol

INF
05-27-2008, 03:44 PM
I did a remix only once , when Just Blaze had a forum. We had to do Big L's MVP.

....I didnt have anybody that thought my shit was nice. It fell off here and there.

I might be able to blend pellas and my beats now though cuz I got an aaliyah joint that I been sittin on and its on point. idk. Are we talking about this Tournament that we are in now? All the Winners Do a REmix?