PDA

View Full Version : Lil Wayne

sarr
05-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Never thought ide say this (especially about a southern rapper) but after finally hearing some of this guys music...he isnt too bad. I guess people like him cause he has a generation X appeal thing goin...but his lyrics and punchlines arent too bad...and his flow and voice is unique

after hearing lollipop, his verse on hello brooklyn, we takin over and some other songs i wana check out some of his other shit

can somebody recommend his best verses/songs

thanks

INF
05-24-2008, 11:41 PM
The First Carter album was a great southern offering. I dont know about the Carter 3 though. I heard it in its many version but it sounds wack like he might be just doing it for the money strictly. He lost sense of the art and that sad for somebody that was bred for this game.

That shit about him being homo with Baby is disturbing cuz its pretty much true but as an Artist I would grade him with a "B-".

TSA
05-25-2008, 12:15 AM
i think he's wack and fuck, plus gay, which is a bad combo.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
05-25-2008, 12:17 AM
dude is wack is fuck he never was tight even when he was apart of the hot boys

TSA
05-25-2008, 12:18 AM
no, he was tight with the hot boys

there's no denying a song like tha block is hot

but lately he's been all "Im in all red like a girls toe nail"

buckshotstheone
05-25-2008, 12:36 AM
http://images-cdn01.associatedcontent.com/image/A2934/29344/300_29344.jpg

fucking homo

his best songs are the ones when you can tell he actually has baby's cock in his mouth while he's spitting

HarlemDiplomat
05-25-2008, 01:17 AM
Wow... I already knew what to expect when I seen a Lil Wayne thread...

and what the fuck do it mean: "especially from a southern rapper"? Plenty of Southern rappers are nice in their own right. Not compared to some early 90s NY shit like everyone here still living, but in their own way. For example, Rick Ross.

HarlemDiplomat
05-25-2008, 01:18 AM
after hearing lollipop, his verse on hello brooklyn, we takin over and some other songs i wana check out some of his other shit

LMAO!!!!

12weLvE
05-25-2008, 01:41 AM
When Cash Money first started Wayne was ill IMO... Then the hot boys split and Wayne now thinks hes a fucking DIVA. I am sick of people sweating his balls like if hes nice... Now he switched up his whole style and flow and sounds like if he is choking on a big fat dick. The man has really not accomplished anything that puts him on top. He went platinum a few times...big deal... now sings like a little bitch and bites of 50 using candy as a sexual methaphor. I though it was only Blacks and Hispanics that are all up in his shit, but when I am in school in Buffalo you have all these white dudes hanging from his dick hairs. HE IS WACK!!! SERIOUSLY.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
05-25-2008, 02:29 AM
When Cash Money first started Wayne was ill IMO... Then the hot boys split and Wayne now thinks hes a fucking DIVA. I am sick of people sweating his balls like if hes nice... Now he switched up his whole style and flow and sounds like if he is choking on a big fat dick. The man has really not accomplished anything that puts him on top. He went platinum a few times...big deal... now sings like a little bitch and bites of 50 using candy as a sexual methaphor. I though it was only Blacks and Hispanics that are all up in his shit, but when I am in school in Buffalo you have all these white dudes hanging from his dick hairs. HE IS WACK!!! SERIOUSLY.

no, he was tight with the hot boys

there's no denying a song like tha block is hot

but lately he's been all "Im in all red like a girls toe nail"

dude is weak i mean no hating on the south but they produce allot of bad rappers i mean the only cats from the south i love are outkast, goodie mob, witchdoctor,scarface,ugk,lil flip, bg, and chamillionarie other than that they're all trash and lil gayne is right at the top i mean he hasn't dropped no classics and clearly has bitten off of nas' illmatic cover

Supreme-NRT
05-25-2008, 03:14 AM
You liked lollipop ? Shit is beyond wack!

Supreme-NRT
05-25-2008, 03:17 AM
dude is weak i mean no hating on the south but they produce allot of bad rappers i mean the only cats from the south i love are outkast, goodie mob, witchdoctor,scarface,ugk,lil flip, bg, and chamillionarie other than that they're all trash and lil gayne is right at the top i mean he hasn't dropped no classics and clearly has bitten off of nas' illmatic cover

You forgot CunninLynguists!

TSA
05-25-2008, 07:53 AM

dog, imma be 100% with you

the south is producing better music right now the NY

infact, the south is actually still producing music.

I just heard a boosie mixtape that shit's on 8 diagrams, and im the last nigga to listen to that shit

54iNNQ2pJpA
Your gonna really listen to this song and say it's bad?
that just flat out means you have bad taste in music

aw0m1Uva4GM
All i gotta say.

Edgar Erebus
05-25-2008, 07:59 AM
^^ Can't front, those two songs are actually dope.

The only thing from the South that's garbage by conception is snap..

whitey
05-25-2008, 08:09 AM
waynes got some deecent stuff, da drought 3, carter 2, ect.

but songs like lollipop? that shit is terrible. he comes with a totally different homo type flow. that gay little laugh he does. there is a giant switch up in style. hes probably doing it because the gay style is more poppy and gets on the radio more, but theres no excuse for that shit.

Rame
05-25-2008, 08:58 AM
I was going to say he's mostly wack but has some good songs but I couldn't find any good songs. That must mean he really is wack.

@ TSA, those tracks are garbage.

racist randy
05-25-2008, 10:43 AM
dog, imma be 100% with you

the south is producing better music right now the NY

infact, the south is actually still producing music.

I just heard a boosie mixtape that shit's on 8 diagrams, and im the last nigga to listen to that shit

54iNNQ2pJpA
Your gonna really listen to this song and say it's bad?
that just flat out means you have bad taste in music

aw0m1Uva4GM
All i gotta say.

LOL these used 2 be my favorite Cash Money tracks....

iammzac
05-25-2008, 11:48 AM
I used to hate lil wayne, but that's because I mainly heard his 'mainstream' songs on the radio. A few of my friends really like him, so a few months ago I decided to check him out. He actually has a lot of good songs. I still hate that he calls himself the best rapper alive and the person he is.. but he does have some good music.

A few of my favorites:

Hustla Musik
4euf7FusVQg

Sky's the Limit
AXjbXUvLyXA

Pussy Money Weed
SPKjD_9Osgo

Imagine
QaP30Z4NOJw

Also, check: Beat without bass, gossip, kush, a millie (hated it at first but its actually a pretty tight song)

Rame
05-25-2008, 11:52 AM
''Listens 2 tracks, turns them off almost directly and starts listening to Jay-Z again''.

11th Chamber
05-25-2008, 11:55 AM
yea Wayne was nice back in the Cash Money days, cant say that much these days

This is prolly his only 'recent' song I have liked, altho Its prolly only cause I like the beat

VH3JxU9W1Ek

btw, Rama is trippin, Cash Money couldent be fucked with back in the day, I got almost all the original cd's from 96-00

Rame
05-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Some beats are hot, but he's a wack rapper.

White_Mouse
05-25-2008, 01:07 PM
i'm not going to front at all i really liked Lil Wayne when i first heard him, he's original in his music and he doesn't try to be someone he's not, right now he's the hottest rapper out so more power to him,..

xHard to Earnx
05-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Wayne kinda suck now, but a year-two years ago? Seriously top five current dudes that actually mattered.

Anyway...

He has some legitmately good songs, is more original than most of your favorite rappers, and I don't know... Fuck it. I'm gonna see ZZ Top in a few hours, what do I care about what some dork on the internet thinks about Wayne?

On another note: What rapper doesn't call himself the best?

Mic Tyson
05-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Some beats are hot, but he's a wack rapper.

you could say that for almost every rapper in the south.

Rame
05-25-2008, 01:42 PM
True.

J-DON
05-25-2008, 01:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_jGuZ57Zpk&feature=related

i cant get enough of this track right now

Sgt Holly Wood
05-25-2008, 03:34 PM
he's trash!

cap
05-25-2008, 04:06 PM
he doesn't try to be someone he's not

WHATTT??

he constantly calls himself the best rapper alive

he had tears tattood on his face,like he's really a killer or some shit

fuck outta here man

TSA
05-25-2008, 04:46 PM
I was going to say he's mostly wack but has some good songs but I couldn't find any good songs. That must mean he really is wack.

@ TSA, those tracks are garbage.
you have bad taste in music

TSA
05-25-2008, 04:47 PM
waynes got some deecent stuff, da drought 3, carter 2, ect.

but songs like lollipop? that shit is terrible. he comes with a totally different homo type flow. that gay little laugh he does. there is a giant switch up in style. hes probably doing it because the gay style is more poppy and gets on the radio more, but theres no excuse for that shit.
how is it homo when the song is specifically designed to make women moist.

Rame
05-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Or maybe you do.

I'm not the one listening to that crap.

SL33
05-25-2008, 05:09 PM
he is gay

TSA
05-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Or maybe you do.

I'm not the one listening to that crap.
you have bad taste in music.

Rame
05-25-2008, 05:29 PM
You can't listen to music because your nostrils are in the way.

You watch his videos because you're attracted to him.

Fatal Guillotine
05-25-2008, 05:52 PM

CO-SIGN.

the dude is garbage plus he's a punk. dude went to school with a close friend of mine and when wayne first got signed and got his cash money chain. someone snatched it and threw on the school's roof. the school that he went to is marion abramson senior high in New Orleans. as far as the tattoo tears wayne hasnt killed anybody the only reason he done that was Baby(who adopted Wayne) did it first. This guy shot himself twice and tattoos bang bang on his chest....Ignorant. Wayne never really wrote his raps. i lived in close distanct to a group call squad up that wayne was suppose to sign to his label. This isnt stuff im writing to be writing this is what i know. If you listen to fellow hotboy member turk's verse on "i need a hot girl" and then wayne its sounds as if Turk wrote his rhymes....thats cause his is. the negro aint even allow in his own hood

whitey
05-25-2008, 07:57 PM
how is it homo when the song is specifically designed to make women moist.

because he sounds like a little bitch. he literally changes his voice. hows that work for you?

gasoline boots
05-26-2008, 10:41 PM
People who call him gay and shit don't make any sense...
The Carter I and II are both fucking great albums the whole way through, and a lot of his mixtapes are excellent too, for example Da Drought 3 and Dedication 2. Like Father, Like Son is also tight.

He's definitely hit and miss, as in some of his newer stuff and other shit isn't the greatest but when he's on point, his shit is excellent.

Favorite songs:

Go DJ
Tha Mobb
Dipset
Gossip
First Key
Bring It Back
Cash Money Millionaires
Get Down

EAGLE EYE
05-27-2008, 12:08 AM
lmao @ him getting his chain thrown onto his school roof..

Rame
05-27-2008, 01:15 PM
People who call him gay and shit don't make any sense...

I happen to dislike his style/voice/flow, that's not weird is it?

Reiko
05-27-2008, 01:17 PM
it ain't weird at all ^^

Sean
05-27-2008, 01:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_jGuZ57Zpk&feature=related

i cant get enough of this track right now

Wow, that was annoying as fuck. That actually hurt my ears, one of the most irritating songs I've heard in a long time

I've only heard a few of his songs but I really don't like him. I haven't listened to his mixtapes or anything and I don't intend to, there's a lot better rappers out there that I would rather listen to. I don't really get what the hype over him is about, I personally just find him really fuckin irritating. His flow and the weird voice he puts on is so annoying

Rame
05-27-2008, 01:50 PM
^ That beat is cool but he fucks it up.

CharlesJones
05-28-2008, 03:52 PM
I liked his albums The Block Is Hot and Lights Out. I haven't listened to him since and he's gay for kissing Birdman hahahahahahahahahaha.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Possibly the worst rapper I have ever heard...

I am always willing to give people a chance...
But when I saw his face...that was it.
I just started laughing..."Oh That Dude"
That's Lil' Wayne ?
I'll pass thank you.

I can't stand the whole South genre...It's just noise to me.

Suga Duga
05-28-2008, 05:19 PM
lol @ everybody who's sleepin on music from the south

CommSense
05-28-2008, 05:20 PM

co-sign

Rame
05-28-2008, 05:21 PM

I am always willing to give people a chance...
But when I saw his face...that was it.
I just started laughing..."Oh That Dude"
That's Lil' Wayne ?
I'll pass thank you.

Not even music like this?

6Yj3Oq5ekBw

I don't like a lot of Southern Rap but ofcourse there's some talented cats from there.

Suga Duga
05-28-2008, 05:26 PM

6Yj3Oq5ekBw

I don't like a lot of Southern Rap but ofcourse there's some talented cats from there.

Rama's on point

Guarded By Martyrs
05-28-2008, 05:30 PM

6Yj3Oq5ekBw

No...just don't do anything for me...
I can't help my personal taste.
They all come with that slow motion style...
And thumping beats.
It's not that I'm sleeping on the south...
I just don't dig it.

Edgar Erebus
05-28-2008, 06:10 PM
No...just don't do anything for me...
I can't help my personal taste.
They all come with that slow motion style...
And thumping beats.
It's not that I'm sleeping on the south...
I just don't dig it.

Same reasons as for me not liking South nowadays. Not my style.

Rame
05-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Ok, cool.

I hated music from the south before, but I can't hate on T.I.

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-29-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm a big fan of Lil Wayne. He's great.

Rame
05-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Wu R U?

Exodus
05-29-2008, 08:35 PM
I liked Tha Carter

but dude has lost his mind since then

Dirty Knowledge
05-30-2008, 05:25 PM
WVmxFzkeV6Q

When Wayne keeps it real, he comes hard. When he wants to make money though, it's a different story but you can't hate on this man's hussle.

LFrider
05-30-2008, 05:53 PM
I like some of his things but I think he get's annoying after 5 tracks in a row... I liked tha carter II and his album with birdman like father like son ... its some light music its not hard like some underground ny music...

CDGdESyI_Sg

0wf3kkqcONE

ON8WZCQX_P8

BornPower
05-30-2008, 06:15 PM

That's Lil' Wayne ?
I'll pass thank you.

When did the South become a genre?
Does that mean North and West are genres of Hip Hop as well?
Either way, given the low standards our culture seems to be enforcing now I don't feel that it's wrong to hate on the snap trap bullshit comin from the South right now. Remember 80's party music? Young MC, Will Smith, LL, Beastie Boys. Granted, the pioneering spirit is absent now and has been replaced with a soulless corporate craving for all things "hood", the essential spirit in today's commercial leavings seems to be "party, party, party".
Personally, I like music with a message (or at least seems to have some sort of effort put forth by the artist) but just like there are a variety of flavors in the things we eat, music has it's own flavor.

I agree that Wayne can be hit or miss (some say he's an acquired taste) but there is no denying the fact the man has the uncanny ability to spit on demand (he can now anyway). I don't know the man personally, so I can't speak on his personal (Norwegian?) preferences but I have to admit that Wayne has the potential to be a legend in this generation of watered down lyricists. Imagine if he really had something to say. Shit, just think what he could've been capable of if he'd been adopted (no norway) by the Wu instead of that aptly named pedophile...

12weLvE
05-30-2008, 06:17 PM
WOW I cant believe that this thread is still going. This guy is a JOKE!!! he sounds like a little whinning and crying bitch.

11th Chamber
05-30-2008, 08:23 PM
dude made a mistake by having a track called Mr. Carter and lettin Jay get a verse on it...

Storm
05-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Carter III leaked if y'all didn't know.

11th Chamber
05-31-2008, 09:38 PM
Looks like Wayne should have watched his mouth

Just a few weeks ago dude said "Fuck mixtape Dj's", who are basically the people that helped get him so famous over the last few years.

Now a bunch of DJ's are leaking his new album, and even sending them in e-mails to other people.

Karma is a bitch

whitey
05-31-2008, 10:17 PM
^why/where did he say all that?

mr. murder
06-01-2008, 09:13 AM
LMAO!!!!

i LOLed too when I read that, those are all garbage songs

for real tho, check out the Carter 2. that is actually a decent album

ZigZag
06-01-2008, 12:39 PM
ahahahahaha @ niggaz sayin wayne was nicer in the day AHAHAHAHA that nigga was garbage and more annoying in the day. he got much better but his voice still urks me.

P.S. I THOUGHT LOLIPOP WAS GAY TOO TIL I WENT TO A CLUB AND HAD 3 BITCHES GRINDING ON ME AND GIVING ME LAP DANCES TO IT THEN IT BECAME MY FAV SONG. HAHAHA

TSA
06-01-2008, 12:42 PM
ahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahah

12weLvE
06-01-2008, 12:56 PM
P.S. I THOUGHT LOLIPOP WAS GAY TOO TIL I WENT TO A CLUB AND HAD 3 BITCHES GRINDING ON ME AND GIVING ME LAP DANCES TO IT THEN IT BECAME MY FAV SONG. HAHAHA

LMAO!!!!! :b

WuBanga36
06-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Do not care for him. Not my steelo.

JRoll
06-01-2008, 08:51 PM
He sucks. Sucks Sucks Sucks. This guy shouldn't even be called a rapper. He's a terrible excuse for a recording artist. That is all.

money4life
06-01-2008, 09:12 PM

Co-sign.

iammzac
06-02-2008, 01:18 AM
He sucks. Sucks Sucks Sucks. This guy shouldn't even be called a rapper. He's a terrible excuse for a recording artist. That is all.

You are ignorant. Ignorant Ignorant Ignorant. This guy is better than most of the bullshit artists on the radio. His best song IMO is 'Hustler Muzik', I even provided the link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4euf7FusVQg

But you're probably too ignorant to listen.

He isn't my favorite rapper, I don't even like who he is as a person, but he does make some good tracks. Open your ears.

LORD ZERO
06-02-2008, 01:28 AM
WOW I cant believe that this thread is still going. This guy is a JOKE!!! he sounds like a little whinning and crying bitch.

my thoughts exactly

11th Chamber
06-02-2008, 02:11 AM
[QUOTE=iammzac;1192661]You are ignorant. Ignorant Ignorant Ignorant. This guy is better than most of the bullshit artists on the radio. His best song IMO is 'Hustler Muzik', I even provided the link:

/QUOTE]

Hustler Musik is from 3 years ago, he fell the fuck off since then

JRoll
06-02-2008, 10:12 PM
You are ignorant. Ignorant Ignorant Ignorant. This guy is better than most of the bullshit artists on the radio. His best song IMO is 'Hustler Muzik', I even provided the link:

But you're probably too ignorant to listen.

He isn't my favorite rapper, I don't even like who he is as a person, but he does make some good tracks. Open your ears.

If you ask me, he's contributing to the bullshit. So what if he has a few good tracks? That doesn't make you a good artisit. You need to be good with all your tracks or at least the majority. Everybody is riding this guy's dick so hard it's not even funny. You may think I'm ignorant just becaue I don't listen to what is "in" right now. I like to listen to "music", not grunting and whining about material possesions over a beat and call it "music". Peace...

racist randy
06-03-2008, 10:33 AM
I've Downloaded his album and I must say they supplied him with Bangers(Beats).