PDA

View Full Version : why dont these artists want to make money???

JEM
05-25-2008, 04:45 PM
why dont we see more collabos with legendary mc's/ producers...its like everybody wants to be the don...and do it all by themselves..while there's so much wack shit out there...any mc who has complained about the state of hip hop right now..needs to look in the mirror...the strong artists need to put personal feelings/business aside and do it purely for the sake of great music...only then will the sales rise..and the honor be restored...think of this

nas album produced solely by rza
method man/redman vs busta rhymes/spliff star produced by dj scratch
mobb deep vs dogg pound produced by havoc and daz exclusively
sean price vs ghostface
ludacris produced by solely by timbaland

if these albums were released..it would do great things for hip hop..oh well guess it s just a dream

GreenPoop!
05-25-2008, 04:57 PM
nas album produced solely by PREMIER
Fixed it for you.

TSA
05-25-2008, 05:04 PM
why dont we see more collabos with legendary mc's/ producers...its like everybody wants to be the don...and do it all by themselves..while there's so much wack shit out there...any mc who has complained about the state of hip hop right now..needs to look in the mirror...the strong artists need to put personal feelings/business aside and do it purely for the sake of great music...only then will the sales rise..and the honor be restored...think of this

nas album produced solely by rza
method man/redman vs busta rhymes/spliff star produced by dj scratch
mobb deep vs dogg pound produced by havoc and daz exclusively
sean price vs ghostface
ludacris produced by solely by timbaland

if these albums were released..it would do great things for hip hop..oh well guess it s just a dream
lol at wet dream album collabs

Rza sucks now btw, accept it.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Killah Priest & Nas should definatly make an album together.
Always wanted to hear Eminem & Canibus together too.
And a DJ Muggs produced Eminem album would be sick...

Mic Tyson
05-25-2008, 05:18 PM
yeah kp and nas would be crazy.
I would also want to see Madlib produce some people's albums
liberation with kweli was crazy and way different

TSA
05-25-2008, 05:26 PM
but they'll keep going to producers their fans hate cause in truth the legendary mcs are actually the dumbest

SaqurakiHanamichi
05-25-2008, 09:29 PM
lol this is a stupid thread, u dont understand the game and u dont understand the music , business politics,

its not the artists , its the consumers..... We make hiphop possible, the artists gonna make
the music that the "consumers" want....

"why do these artists wanna make money" is the most pathetic question i have ever heard, CAUSE THEY GOT KIDS TO FEED U DUMB ASS EURO .

TGambino
05-26-2008, 12:49 AM
why dont we see more collabos with legendary mc's/ producers

cuz they cost the most lmao.... an u talkin bout why dont they want to make money...... smarten up son

JEM
05-26-2008, 10:19 PM
lol this is a stupid thread, u dont understand the game and u dont understand the music , business politics,

its not the artists , its the consumers..... We make hiphop possible, the artists gonna make
the music that the "consumers" want....

"why do these artists wanna make money" is the most pathetic question i have ever heard, CAUSE THEY GOT KIDS TO FEED U DUMB ASS EURO .

your a fuckin clown..it says "dont" not "do" but ive got to admit...that was the weakest title ive ever had in a thread..i was smokin some good shit an got a little loose wit my wordplay so ill give you that...as far as being a euro and not knowin nuttin bout the industry or the music..U DONT FUCKIN KNOW ME ..i GAURANTEE id fuck you up on the mic...freestyle/written whatever...youre a fuckin nerd face it

and all i was sayin is ...these artists would sell alot more if they gave the people what they want...faggot

JEM
05-26-2008, 10:24 PM
cuz they cost the most lmao.... an u talkin bout why dont they want to make money...... smarten up son

the fuckin producers would cake off it too....everybodys feelin themselves so fuckin much..chargin this this n that for their beats...well u know what..if nobody sellin albums anymore..then why would you pay and producer all that money up front when your album aint gonna generate enough dough to make it worthwhile in the long run anyway...thats what the fuck im sayin
why dont these artists want to make money in the longrun...while improving the state of hip hop by constantly releasing classic music...cuz if thingz continue the way there going...its just gonna keep declining..think about it

SaqurakiHanamichi
05-26-2008, 11:24 PM
your a fuckin clown..it says "dont" not "do" but ive got to admit...that was the weakest title ive ever had in a thread..i was smokin some good shit an got a little loose wit my wordplay so ill give you that...as far as being a euro and not knowin nuttin bout the industry or the music..U DONT FUCKIN KNOW ME ..i GAURANTEE id fuck you up on the mic...freestyle/written whatever...youre a fuckin nerd face it

and all i was sayin is ...these artists would sell alot more if they gave the people what they want...faggot

lmao , i went hard on u on purpose,

EAGLE EYE
05-26-2008, 11:59 PM
u guys sound like a bunch of kids arguing on a school bus..

JEM
05-27-2008, 01:10 AM
easy...damn i get heated when people judge n shit...talk out their ass..its all good..its some ignorant shit...buts its real

CharlesJones
05-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Jem, i feel you. I agree with what your saying but it's not gonna happen because for some reason, most rappers don't make smart decisions. They're too busy smoking weed, getting drunk, hanging out at the club and fucking bitches. Then they complain that their financial situation is messed up and that rap music sucks now but i don't see them doing anything to change the rap game. For example, KRS One's albums the last 6-7 albums have been wack because of the beats. How come he won't let DJ Premier and his brother Kenny Parker do most of his beats anymore? Why does he think his albums Return Of The Boom Bap and KRS One were so good? Because of the beats. Some people on here like his I Got Next album but i didn't like it. Step Into A World is the best song on the album. I forgot who did that beat. Same thing with Nas. Nas should let DJ Premier and Pete Rock do all of his beats like on Illmatic album but for some reason he won't. If you were to ask legendary rappers why did they change their music, they would give you a excuse like you gotta change with the times which is bullshit to me. You don't have to change with the times. There's some veteran tight rappers who haven't changed like the Geto Boys, MC Eiht, Spice 1, Freddie Foxxx, M.O.P., Redman, AZ, CL Smooth. Only thing that has changed with these rappers is their beats which i don't like but their lyrics are still good.

Prolifical ENG
05-28-2008, 04:23 PM
I dont think that will raise their sales.

CharlesJones
05-28-2008, 04:27 PM
It's sad to say but rap music right now is trash and it will continue to be trash because of the consumers who are buying the music. Most consumers who buy the music aren't interested in real hip hop so your right that it probably wouldn't make a difference if legendary rappers worked with good producers and good guest mc's because the consumers who like this wack shit now wouldn't support real hip hop. Like DJ Premier said, you call that wack shit hip hop that's on the radio? That's some faggot bitch shit ya'll are listening to hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

JEM
05-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Jem, i feel you. I agree with what your saying but it's not gonna happen because for some reason, most rappers don't make smart decisions. They're too busy smoking weed, getting drunk, hanging out at the club and fucking bitches. Then they complain that their financial situation is messed up and that rap music sucks now but i don't see them doing anything to change the rap game. For example, KRS One's albums the last 6-7 albums have been wack because of the beats. How come he won't let DJ Premier and his brother Kenny Parker do most of his beats anymore? Why does he think his albums Return Of The Boom Bap and KRS One were so good? Because of the beats. Some people on here like his I Got Next album but i didn't like it. Step Into A World is the best song on the album. I forgot who did that beat. Same thing with Nas. Nas should let DJ Premier and Pete Rock do all of his beats like on Illmatic album but for some reason he won't. If you were to ask legendary rappers why did they change their music, they would give you a excuse like you gotta change with the times which is bullshit to me. You don't have to change with the times. There's some veteran tight rappers who haven't changed like the Geto Boys, MC Eiht, Spice 1, Freddie Foxxx, M.O.P., Redman, AZ, CL Smooth. Only thing that has changed with these rappers is their beats which i don't like but their lyrics are still good.

yeah ..i know exactly what your sayin..im glad some1 understands where i was coming from

Edgar Erebus
05-28-2008, 07:00 PM
For example, KRS One's albums the last 6-7 albums have been wack because of the beats. How come he won't let DJ Premier and his brother Kenny Parker do most of his beats anymore? Why does he think his albums Return Of The Boom Bap and KRS One were so good? Because of the beats.

KRS is trying to be up-to-date since disbanding BDP - the moment he stopped being a driving force in hip-hop. The point is that he always uses sound that's "hot" at the moment in hardcore hip-hop. In '93-'95 it was DJ Premier, DITC, that boombap shit. Currently it's Adam Deitch and snap. It's just that today's beats ARE artistically weaker than those in mid '90s and they don't suit KRS.

Some people on here like his I Got Next album but i didn't like it. Step Into A World is the best song on the album. I forgot who did that beat.
Jesse West. Very capable producer IMO.

Same thing with Nas. Nas should let DJ Premier and Pete Rock do all of his beats like on Illmatic album but for some reason he won't.

Nas is a different story. He struggles so heavily to be commercially successful it's sad to look at him.

CharlesJones
05-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Slim T, your right about KRS One's beats and Nas. It's really a shame to see what has happened to these 2 legendary mc's. It's sad that KRS continues to release albums every year and every other year independently and nobody is buying them hahahahahahahahahahaha. If he had tight beats again, i would buy his albums but his production isn't gonna be good anymore. KRS will always be one of my favorite rappers though because of his earlier classic albums. He had me rolling when he dissed Nelly on You Don't Really Want It song when he said that was a nice try Nelly, i don't mean to be bold but put that hot in here bullshit on hold LOL. In the dictionary under wack rap, you the rapper LOL. Let me tell you it don't take me to say don't buy your album. Street cats ain't buying it anyway hahahahahahahahahahaha. You telling me to make up my mind but you don't know whether you wanna sing or rhyme LOL. I laugh at the dudes who say Nelly beat KRS with their disses towards each other. How did Nelly win? Are you serious? Hahahahahahahahahahaha.