PDA

View Full Version : wtf is MF DOOM talking about?

Crackspace
05-26-2008, 01:36 AM
i dont understand anything hes talking about on MM..Food?

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
05-26-2008, 01:38 AM
lol...........smoke an L and let that shit marinate..........

hahahahha

nah but seriously you gotta really pay attention to his rhyme scheme he reminds me of De La alot

Guarded By Martyrs
05-26-2008, 01:42 AM
Yeah NAKHI's right...smoke an L...And focus...It might take some time.
Also I agree with the rhyme sceme comment...
He reminds me of Cappadonna and The Robot Tank a lot.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
05-26-2008, 01:43 AM
lol....Robot Tank....hahahahahahahahhahahaha

Guarded By Martyrs
05-26-2008, 01:44 AM
You heard the style ???
Much like MF DOOM...

Suga Duga
05-26-2008, 02:30 AM
Doom is terrible. His rhymes make no sense at all (high or not) and his mumbling is annoying.

Edgar Erebus
05-26-2008, 02:32 AM
i dont understand anything hes talking about on MM..Food?

It doesn't even matter.

ALCATRAZ
05-26-2008, 03:02 AM
Doom is terrible. His rhymes make no sense at all (high or not) and his mumbling is annoying.
at least he doesnt spit about coke references every 2 bars like the niggaz in ur sig

Suga Duga
05-26-2008, 04:34 AM
at least he doesnt spit about coke references every 2 bars like the niggaz in ur sig

man you post on a wu-tang forum. OBFCL is the best shit they ever brought out, and its about coke. some of the greatest albums in hip hop are about drugs. so don't post shit like that. clipse are heat.

doom is monotonous. doom's voice is annoying and everybody who thinks all of his beats are crack should realize he only loops a cartoon theme 90% of the time.

"You ain't a man, you a character." MF Mez on Book Of Daniel

and that is the motherfuckin truth. doom = comic material.

Wu-Tality
05-26-2008, 05:22 AM
Alot of rhymes are metaphorical on the album. If you look at the titles of the tracks you can also easily know what he's talking about, like on Deep Fried Frenz he's talking about friendship, Hoe Cakes is also pretty obvious.. etc.. etc.. Anyway, it's an awesome album with a lot of fresh beats to it IMO. Just a shame the skits take away from the album flow.

TAURO
05-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Alot of rhymes are metaphorical on the album. If you look at the titles of the tracks you can also easily know what he's talking about, like on Deep Fried Frenz he's talking about friendship, Hoe Cakes is also pretty obvious.. etc.. etc.. Anyway, it's an awesome album with a lot of fresh beats to it IMO. Just a shame the skits take away from the album flow.

Co-sign

MM..FOOD is my favourate DOOM album, it has to be said that it's not the easiest of albums to get into, if you don't understand constant metaphors and if you're not willing to put the time in to discypher it then don't bother listening to DOOM.

hide1998
05-26-2008, 09:42 AM
DOOM really isn't for the simple-minded. His rhymes have alot of depth, and replay value, because nothin' he spits is straight forward. Lots of stuff is really referential, and HIGHLY metaphorical. Also, the skits on MM...Food add to the album when you really pay attention to the sound bytes. They actually blend right into the proceeding tracks nicely (admittedly, that's something I didn't catch the first few times I bumped the album). Sure Doom's production is simple (for the life of me, I'll never get how some put him over Madlib on the production tip), but still he's tight at picking samples. I can always tell when it's Doom that produced the track in fact.

main_man
05-26-2008, 10:04 AM
MM..food = modern hip hop classic. great album!!!

its been a minute since we heard from the supervillian, any word on a new album??

hide1998
05-26-2008, 10:10 AM
edit

Orion Nebulus
05-26-2008, 10:19 AM

Exactly. People just need to decipher the rhymes....and it's not hard lol. It's a dope album. Kon Karne is my fav joint.

ALCATRAZ
05-26-2008, 10:29 AM
DOOM really isn't for the simple-minded.

close thread

iammzac
05-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Deep Fried Frenz is a pretty good song on MM..FOOD

I like Madvillainy best though.. one of my favorite albums ever

MF DOOM is one of the illest ever.. from zev love x to now.. I'm waiting on that doomposter album..

Check out My favorite Ladies by MF DOOM.. he uses girls as drug references.. really creative song.

Sgt Holly Wood
05-26-2008, 03:55 PM
doom is ill

INF
05-26-2008, 04:37 PM
How the fuck could you not understand Rap Snitch knishes???? Jesus. From the begining of the Album (beef rap) to the end (kookies), its plain to see whats going on there.Dude is talking about Life in all aspects.

Watch ur health - "it could lead to high blood pressure if you fry it"

Friends - (deep Fried Frienz)

Women - Hoe Cakes , Kookies

man.....I aint even gonna break it down. This album was the easiest shit to get. He straight raps in riddles on Doomsday.

If you cant understand Doom , Its cuz you got a lazy ear. Swear to god.

INF
05-26-2008, 04:40 PM
btw , can somebody up the 2007 Kookies? I just read that it has a different beat than that Sesame St shit. I got the 04 version.

They
05-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Vomitspit: best song on "Food"