PDA

View Full Version : Killah Priest's message

Trismegistos
05-27-2008, 02:54 AM
Today, I want everybody to realize that if youíre coming up and regardless of what religion youíre in, just make sure that yíall stay focused in this time and keep your head up and breathe.

I need all my Christian brothers and sisters, I know yíall are out there. Everything is about the root. Just move it on over to Isreal because youíre almost there. To my brothers who are Muslim, keep it right there to the top and keep it heavy because this album, Iím telling you, this album is about some real, real stuff and we need to unite instead of separate right now.

And let me say this. This is very important. If youíre Christian, youíre going to want to cross over. Youíre already at the door. You might as well go with the vibration. And my Islam brothers, weíre talking about Abraham and we can spread that amongst us. The science is already in there. We can take the foundation and just let the root run through all our things. Weíre living in 2008 and itís no time to be blind. Letís run up the righteous hill and Iím going to fight this war. Yíall are going to be in this war whether you like it or not. Itís a spiritual war. When it gets physical, thatís just the cleaning up part. Thatís the part of the victor. The war is just to clean up stuff because when the spirit comes down, I know cats are going to be calling me from the street. They think Iím bugging now but Priest is not bugging. The man nest to you is not going to tell you that and the judge is not going to tell you that. I am. Iím going to tell you the truth. The government has their plans. Itís a very hard time for brothers and sisters. Get your plan together. I already got my side up.

http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=kpjournal

Trismegistos
05-27-2008, 02:56 AM
Weíre living in 2008 and itís no time to be blind. Letís run up the righteous hill and Iím going to fight this war. Yíall are going to be in this war whether you like it or not. Itís a spiritual war. When it gets physical, thatís just the cleaning up part. Thatís the part of the victor. The war is just to clean up stuff because when the spirit comes down, I know cats are going to be calling me from the street. They think Iím bugging now but Priest is not bugging. The man nest to you is not going to tell you that and the judge is not going to tell you that. I am. Iím going to tell you the truth. The government has their plans. Itís a very hard time for brothers and sisters. Get your plan together. I already got my side up.

Fairly heavy stuff there from the Priest. Anyone want to discuss this issue a bit further?

V4D3R
05-27-2008, 08:19 AM
It's beautiful words that people need to hear right now. These words need to be taken at face value and be heeded.

Animal Luff
05-27-2008, 08:28 AM
K.P. knows how to use words! His album is a modern classic, at least for me...

Trismegistos
05-27-2008, 09:03 AM
It's beautiful words that people need to hear right now. These words need to be taken at face value and be heeded.

Do you think that Priest has picked up on something lately and hence why he is working so hard at the moment?

Personally I think that Priest is super gifted. His ability transcends just being another part of "Hip Hop".

I think RZA & Priest are two of the brightest people in the world over the last 15 years.

WARPATH
05-27-2008, 12:46 PM
While I agree the KP is a gifted artist.

I think his ideology clouds his judgment concerning certain issues, which is similar to the reason why we all get into so many arguments here.

I haven't heard the new album yet, but when I do I'll let you know what I think.

Trismegistos
05-27-2008, 05:01 PM
While I agree the KP is a gifted artist.

I think his ideology clouds his judgment concerning certain issues, which is similar to the reason why we all get into so many arguments here.

How so?

Olive Oil Goombah
05-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Priest contradicts himself alot...i dunno. Maybe he is just tryin to sell albums....just tell us the message. Did the prophets charge $15 for a message???

WARPATH
05-27-2008, 06:04 PM
How so?

Check these lyrics from B.I.B.L.E.

But I ignored, and explored my history that was untold
And watched mysteries unfold
And dropped a jewel like Solomon, but never followed men
cause if you do your brain is more hollow than
Space oblivia, or the abyss
With no trace of trivia, left with the hiss
Does it pay to be deaf, dumb and blind?
then we goes on to reference the bible which was written by men:

When the bible, it condemned the pig
I don't mean to pull your hems or flip your qigs
But we used to wear a turban, but now we're in the urban
No more wearing beanies and dress like a genie
No hocus pocus cause I focus on the facts
And put it on the tracks and brought it through the wax
I speak on Jacob, it might take up some time...........
Now i'm not knocking his beliefs or wisdom, but if I followed his words I would be no different then.....

but never followed men
cause if you do your brain is more hollow than
Space oblivia, or the abyss
With no trace of trivia, left with the hiss
Does it pay to be deaf, dumb and blind?
And thus stunt my own growth. Ideology is just a collection of ideas. KP has a lot of good ones. So do a lot of people here. Ideas conflict and stimulate debate.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-27-2008, 11:03 PM
he talks out of both sides of his mouth....he aint sayin nuthin really. It sounds good and all that but fuckin aint changin shit. Thats what people need to realize.

Trismegistos
05-28-2008, 04:53 AM
Check these lyrics from B.I.B.L.E.

then we goes on to reference the bible which was written by men:

Now i'm not knocking his beliefs or wisdom, but if I followed his words I would be no different then.....

And thus stunt my own growth. Ideology is just a collection of ideas. KP has a lot of good ones. So do a lot of people here. Ideas conflict and stimulate debate.

Well structured argument but Priest is talking about following the book not being a follower of Jacob. The Bible & The Quran are divinely inspired, some have sought to make changes but essentially Priest was making the point about following The Book rather than following the teachings of your local Priest/Cleric, who have used the book to essentially get people to follow their beliefs rather than that of God.

Going by your argument we would all have to find our own relationship with God (a good concept) yet no one could ever tell another person their experience because they would contaminate another persons belief structure. That means no books on Tao, Christianity, Budhism, Islam, Judaism.

That day would only come when God once again dwells with man.

WARPATH
05-28-2008, 12:22 PM
Well structured argument but Priest is talking about following the book not being a follower of Jacob. The Bible & The Quran are divinely inspired, some have sought to make changes but essentially Priest was making the point about following The Book rather than following the teachings of your local Priest/Cleric, who have used the book to essentially get people to follow their beliefs rather than that of God.

Going by your argument we would all have to find our own relationship with God (a good concept) yet no one could ever tell another person their experience because they would contaminate another persons belief structure. That means no books on Tao, Christianity, Budhism, Islam, Judaism.

You are correct with your assumptions and I am aware of the message in the song. The contamination comes from interpretation. It may be the reader, the writer, the translator, or the way the message was scribed (for example hieroglyphs vs scripture on scrolls). Each person strives satisfy their own needs- be it recognition, respect, love, shelter, food, spirituality, or money it doesn't matter. What ever motivates a person to write, is their agenda. We all have one in one way or another just by posting here and sharing ideology.

The scriptures, however divinely inspired, were still written by men. And their words are always up for interpretation. That's why you have fanatics of every kind, as well as enlightened teachers.

But, a good teacher should never destroy your believe in anything only help with your spiritual growth.

That day would only come when God once again dwells with man.

And when you reach this realization you'll be able to build on another level.

V4D3R
05-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Do you think that Priest has picked up on something lately and hence why he is working so hard at the moment?

Personally I think that Priest is super gifted. His ability transcends just being another part of "Hip Hop".

I think RZA & Priest are two of the brightest people in the world over the last 15 years.
I think Priest picked up on people need to hear the righteous path instead of the other path of destruction.

Redemption exemplifies that :learning:.

I Am exemplifies that:learning:

I Believe exemplifies as well:learning:

:stroke:Rza and Priest need to turn the other cheek with thy brethren make up sometime make a single collabo see how it goes. I think it would be on fire.

That's why you have fanatics of every kind, as well as enlightened teachers.

But, a good teacher should never destroy your believe in anything only help with your spiritual growth.

Which class do you put KP in your perspective?

WARPATH
05-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Which class do you put KP in your perspective?

It's really not my place to judge.

When I was 16 listening to this I was student. Now that I'm older I don't feel like I can learn that much from the Music I listen to, besides my neighbors perspective. So in that respect I would put KP in the category of High School Philosophy teacher, the same as the Jesuits that I learned from during my last two years in private school.

Trismegistos
06-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Priest's journals and his relentless work in completing his latest albums is what has motivated me to post the following information.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57162
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57164

I think a lot of us have known for some time that the day is coming and it has been evident in a lot of things that have been going down in our lifetimes. Priest's call has been the trigger I have been waiting for to start dropping information.

It is time for me to build again. I can cop the criticism and the negativity.

I've got some more information to come. Real soon.

Trismegistos
06-01-2008, 11:42 AM
And when you reach this realization you'll be able to build on another level.

I know god is within I was alluding to the old times similar to the Garden of Eden when I said when God again dwells with man.