PDA

View Full Version : Ladies of Gangsta Rap.

MAYOR QUIMBY
05-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Not many ladies out there doing gangsta rap, but these sure had my radio bumpin back in the day. Was this only a Bay Area hit, or did they play it all over the U.S. as well?

oHQFZblCENo

KLIION JENSEN
05-28-2008, 05:44 AM
shit i was bumping that out in England b, Concious Daughters, Boss - faker than a crackers weave but dope still, MZ Kilo, Lady Of Rage, not many girl gangsta'z i can think of, but there were a few...

Bg_Knocc_Out
05-28-2008, 07:27 AM
This is basically the only lady MC's I've ever seen kick it in the "Gangsta rap" style.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AhP5gI0AR2E

Rame
05-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Lol, at first I thought the 1st girl was a dude.

CharlesJones
05-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Emperorles, is that The Conscious Daughters video you posted? They're from Oakland, California. I got their only 2 albums Ear To The Street and Gamers. Is that video you posted called We Roll Deep? If it is, that song is the shit. That's my favorite song by them. They're signed with Oakland rapper Paris's record label. I don't think they're gonna come out with another album. I sent them a email at Myspace last year and they said they were working on a new album and they said it should be out sometime this year but i doubt it's gonna come out. I wish Boss hadn't disappeared. I still listen to her only album Born Gangstaz.

P-Noid Brown
05-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Yo No Offense But These Bitches Rhyme Better Than Half The Niggaz Out Now.... What The Fuck Happened To Them?? All The New Bitches Will Get Fucked Up Besides Mc Lyte, Sonja Blade, Paula Perry, Jane Doe, Jean Grae And Rah Digga.... Rest Of Dem Bitches Toast....4 Real.

Maccabee Ridah
05-28-2008, 06:47 PM
I got one album from daughters too, Ear To The Street, and I am not impressed too much, only thing I like is that west influence, u can here one or two lines of beat same in every song of every west coast rapper...

classic oakland sound...

Afficial_Nastee
05-29-2008, 08:36 AM
I'm surprised none of y'all mentioned Sylk-E Fyne yet.

Check this track :

Dresta, Sylk-E Fyne, BG Knoccout and Eazy-E (RIP)

With the lyrics Dresta is the best one on this track in my opinion but Sylk-E Fyne's flow plus delivery on this track is DOPE.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w_Usv2N5Fco

KLIION JENSEN
05-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Yo No Offense But These Bitches Rhyme Better Than Half The Niggaz Out Now.... What The Fuck Happened To Them?? All The New Bitches Will Get Fucked Up Besides Mc Lyte, Sonja Blade, Paula Perry, Jane Doe, Jean Grae And Rah Digga.... Rest Of Dem Bitches Toast....4 Real.

lol @ MC Lyte bein a new bitch, she from the 80's

oldie
05-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Lisa Mafia haha

Maccabee Ridah
05-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Wuts goin on with Lady Luck...
So potential and not even single LP..?!

CharlesJones
05-29-2008, 04:15 PM
I emailed Lady Luck at Myspace a couple of times and i told her i wanted to fuck her LOL. Just playing. I did ask her how come she never released any albums and she didn't give me a answer. She did tell me she was selling some mixtapes at her Myspace page but she didn't tell me how i can buy them from her. She got some nice looking pictures of herself at her Myspace page. I don't like it when record companies shelve artists albums because it's not fair to the artist and their fans. Def Jam shelved Lady Luck's album and that's fucked up. She probably got mad about being played at Def Jam and that's probably why she hasn't had any albums come out. When a artist gets played once by a record company, they start not to trust record companies and it makes the artist not wanna do music anymore because they don't trust record companies. I don't blame them for having a mentality like that.

Look at what happened to Rah Digga. She came out with a tight album which was Dirty Harriet and she hasn't released a album since then because her 2nd album Everything Is A Story got shelved by J records. She left J records because at the time Busta had left the label and i guess she wanted to show loyalty to him so i guess that's why the label shelved her album. She's been doing mixtapes for awhile but still no album. I guess she got fed up with record companies and decided to stop doing music. I read a blog from her website awhile ago and she said she didn't wanna stop doing albums and she said she blames the record companies for not wanting to sign her because they don't support real hip hop.

Bg_Knocc_Out
05-29-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm surprised none of y'all mentioned Sylk-E Fyne yet.

Check this track :

Dresta, Sylk-E Fyne, BG Knoccout and Eazy-E (RIP)

With the lyrics Dresta is the best one on this track in my opinion but Sylk-E Fyne's flow plus delivery on this track is DOPE.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w_Usv2N5Fco

Damn!!!! I completely forgot about her! I used to have 2 of her albums, I don't remember if they were mixtapes those, but she's mad raw for a female gangsta rappers! I remember this joint to, they all kill this track.

Maccabee Ridah
05-29-2008, 05:20 PM
I emailed Lady Luck at Myspace a couple of times and i told her i wanted to fuck her LOL. Just playing. I did ask her how come she never released any albums and she didn't give me a answer. She did tell me she was selling some mixtapes at her Myspace page but she didn't tell me how i can buy them from her. She got some nice looking pictures of herself at her Myspace page. I don't like it when record companies shelve artists albums because it's not fair to the artist and their fans. Def Jam shelved Lady Luck's album and that's fucked up. She probably got mad about being played at Def Jam and that's probably why she hasn't had any albums come out. When a artist gets played once by a record company, they start not to trust record companies and it makes the artist not wanna do music anymore because they don't trust record companies. I don't blame them for having a mentality like that.

Look at what happened to Rah Digga. She came out with a tight album which was Dirty Harriet and she hasn't released a album since then because her 2nd album Everything Is A Story got shelved by J records. She left J records because at the time Busta had left the label and i guess she wanted to show loyalty to him so i guess that's why the label shelved her album. She's been doing mixtapes for awhile but still no album. I guess she got fed up with record companies and decided to stop doing music. I read a blog from her website awhile ago and she said she didn't wanna stop doing albums and she said she blames the record companies for not wanting to sign her because they don't support real hip hop.

Fuck....
I hoped to hear LL again....
I heared she was goin to reales album, but it went all wrong so from that time, I have not heard anything from her...

Do somebody even have those mixtapes...?!

Lil' Ruger
05-29-2008, 06:24 PM
remy ma is so so.....she battled lady luck i believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLkC5xY797M

Maccabee Ridah
05-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Props for find man..
And ramy mentioned she is from boogie down, but um not so sure has she ever had any connection with boogie down..?!

CharlesJones
05-31-2008, 11:51 AM
You should go to Lady Luck's Myspace page and try to get some mixtapes from her. Email her and ask her how many mixtapes is she selling.

Maccabee Ridah
06-10-2008, 05:27 AM
Yo any1 know bout MS. Roq...?!
Does anyone have some tracks from her or some unreleased shyt..?!?!
Cuz I know only 2 tracks from her:

Murderer Ink with Hitman:
FU_XjOayacE

& her part in Let's Get High..........

So.............??!!

Peace...................
-suuuuuu///

Maccabee Ridah
06-10-2008, 05:12 PM
*bump*

CharlesJones
06-11-2008, 04:26 PM
I forgot about Heather B. Her Takin Mine album is hard. Her 2nd album Eternal Affairs sucks because of wack beats. She got some tight lyrics.

Maccabee Ridah
06-11-2008, 06:09 PM
I forgot about Heather B. Her Takin Mine album is hard. Her 2nd album Eternal Affairs sucks because of wack beats. She got some tight lyrics.

Yo man, u know anything bout Ms. Roq..?! Has she released any album yet..?!
Mixtapes..?!
Featuring..?!
Anything..?!

CharlesJones
06-11-2008, 06:23 PM
I've never heard of her.

Crackhead Bob
06-11-2008, 07:27 PM
wat about Lady of Rage and her Afro Puffs?

Crackhead Bob
06-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Patra was all about those sex songs but I always thought "Now there's a gangsta bitch, what do you think, Mom?"

CharlesJones
06-11-2008, 07:33 PM
I was watching Lady Of Rage today on a rerun of Steve Harvey Show. She was always picking on somebody and bulling the kids in school. She liked Romeo a lot. She isn't bad looking. I'd fuck her but she would have to change her hairstyle if i was dating her because those afro puffs are ugly LOL.

Suga Duga
06-12-2008, 05:06 AM
She isn't bad looking. I'd fuck her but she would have to change her hairstyle if i was dating her because those afro puffs are ugly LOL.

^^^this dude is a monster

Blackdrunknmasta
06-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Early 90's I had all that gangstress shit, from CHOICE she dissed the hell out of 2$hort.
BOSS, BWP, HWA these women were all more raw and nastier than Lil Kim first album.