PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cube

kewell07
05-28-2008, 06:57 AM
Ice Cube is about to drop a new album in june, and in july he comes to my country to do a show, no doubt to promote his new album. Usually I wouldn't hesitate on buying ticket when a legend like that comes by BUT I would only buy it to hear his classics, for me that means that everything he has done up to War & Peace, everyting since his Lethal Injection album is not want I to hear to be honest.
cos when I saw the dvd of Smoke out tour I was really disapointed with the tracks he performed. and I don't fell like paying 150-180 dollars to hear him perform "you can do it" or "why we thugs", I wanna hear songs like "wicked", "gotta wet cha", "Ghetto Bird" and all his NWA stuf.

Could anybody who has been to a ice cube show in the recent years tell me if he still perform his old stuff/classics?

Edgar Erebus
05-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Where you from?

buckshotstheone
05-28-2008, 04:32 PM
you gotta expect him to do "you can do it"....it's his biggest (and only) hit of the last 10 years

every fan under the age of 18 (most of the people who attend shows) knows him for that and "it was a good day" is only some "old school" track their older cousin told them about when they tried talking about "this new guy i like named Ice Cube"

CharlesJones
05-28-2008, 04:37 PM
I'm glad i don't go to rap concerts because i'd be pissed off for paying a lot of money to see rappers perform wack songs i don't wanna hear. I bet Ice Cube's new album is gonna suck just like his last album. I'm not feeling his new song Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It. Kewell07, you never can tell what songs rappers are gonna perform when you see them in concert.

Edgar Erebus
05-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Kewell07, you never can tell what songs rappers are gonna perform when you see them in concert.
Hahahaha, if rapper's name is 50 Cent you can't even tell what song he is performing when you see him in concert.

kewell07
05-29-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm from denmark Slim... and CharlesJones you sum up exactly why I'm a bit courious of going, but I decided to go regardless, I don't think he ever gonna come to denmark again, last time was in 1993, now that was a show I would give my right arm to experiance.