PDA

View Full Version : East, West, South, North, Up DOwn yada yada..

Butter
08-19-2005, 10:11 PM
ok this been bothering me and some might say certain shit but i dont care.

now, whats the REAL differences from east south west north or whatever, apart from accents and shit, i really cant tell if someone is from whereever, apart from their accents, whats different from eastcoast 'style' to westcoast 'style.'

someone please explain.

anyone faggots who dont wanna put posative feedback in, stay out.

^ even though because i said it, they will come in masses.

peace.

__Goddess__
08-19-2005, 10:12 PM
I can't explain that to you.

Butter
08-19-2005, 10:15 PM
ok goddess thats no problem.

__Goddess__
08-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Sorry..

triggahappy187
08-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Sometimes it hard to explain, you can tell in the music main when I hear a westcoast artist I know hes westcoast, If i hear a south artist I know he south. Same wif like ghettos in the south u gone find sidewalks wif dirt an grass on them, Eastcoast, Big Project buildins wif cats inside battlin tryna stay outta the cold. Westcoast, Groups of people on front porches blazin it up sippin on Ol' English, An Midwest, Cats chillin in front of conveinience stores, or on the side shootin dice. U jus know main sometimes u jus hear it an know automatically

__Goddess__
08-19-2005, 10:23 PM
I think you just know, or you don't. (If people are ok or not)

Koolish
08-19-2005, 10:25 PM
sometimes, you're usually gonna see this with good artists, you can't tell where they're from. but in reality they all have a style.
i'll try this:
east=streets
west=gangsta
south=dirty
north=miscellanious
________
Chrysler valiant history (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_Valiant)

triggahappy187
08-19-2005, 10:29 PM
I think beats seperate as well U can always tell a westcoast beat apart from an eastcoast beat

Popa Chief
08-20-2005, 02:32 AM
There really isn't that much of a difference now but back about a decade ago it was like you knew instantly whether it was from east or west or whatever.

Funk_Dock
08-20-2005, 08:53 AM
west is very gangsta, you can tell by the beats really most are party-ish beats
east most of the time have rugged beats
south most of the time have club beats

once u get used to it you'll recognize them easy

Butter
08-20-2005, 10:16 AM
i dont see how people can say 'oh i write eastcoast' ive seen a textcee switch up style from 'eastcoast' to 'south' they were rather different, but i cant remember what the significant differences were.

WuBanga36
08-20-2005, 10:18 AM
I do not know how to explain the differences, but I would say I can observe through the sounds of he music.

Analyze
08-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Up North and East is the same thing, we have a rugged beats/breakbeats DJ's basically the essence of Hip-Hop. The South and Midwest is 180 degrees the opposite, pretty much a bunch of corny ass niggas screaming jumping around and raping the culture, their justification I'm not a emcee I'm an entertainer. My reply to that is to entertain me by shuttin the fuck up. West Coast niggas I just cant fuck wit no disrespect. Dre to me is overrated and laidback G-Funk I just cant grasp and E-40 is on some other shit. Detroit to me is kind of a mix between East and West, Royce to me sounds like a New York nigga to me while I hear other shit and it sounds like some Deathrow shit. I would say somthing about Chi and Kanye but I dont want to offend that Pussy. PEACE

Wu Forever

-Goddess-
08-20-2005, 06:03 PM
You just know.