PDA

View Full Version : Dmx G.o.a.t.????

abbot36
08-20-2005, 05:09 AM
with 2 classics under his belt (its dark and hell is hot, flesh of my flesh blood of my blood) 1 damn near classic (and then there was x) and 2 very above average albums (great depression and grand champ), X has gotta be ranked among the top 6 of all time. This nigga never sold out, stayed true to the street and probably released the most grimiest singles of all time. Fuck Jay-Z, Fuck what everyone else says X is the King of New York and probably the G.O.A.T. Whats your opinions??

SHRAP
08-20-2005, 05:16 AM
http://www3.uta.edu/sswtech/sapvc/resources/drug_pics/crackpipe_gif.jpg

abbot36
08-20-2005, 05:38 AM
niggas talk like crack fucked x up. He was on it since he was 15 (says in his book) and was obviously on it when he made its dark and hell is hot and flesh of my flesh blood of my blood. X lost his hunger for a bit, but on his new album he'll bring it

pussy-with-teeth
08-20-2005, 06:20 AM
DMX was sick back in the days but i cant agree with u...great dep. is below average....and grand champ is wack..wack ...and then there was x is an average album....flesh of my flesh is good, but not a classic....his first his the shit though...thats a classic.. i like how x puts everything he has in his rhymes....he could be top 5 just from potential and talent...but he wasted it...now hes top 20 to me

bringoutthegimp
08-20-2005, 06:28 AM
fuck this thread

WuBanga36
08-20-2005, 07:09 AM
X's first 2 lps were sick, but got inconsistent after those two projects.

Funk_Dock
08-20-2005, 07:44 AM
its dark and hell is hot is his best work, flesh of my flesh blood of blood is good too and the rest.....well lets say he could have done much better

Dont exagerate X is not the g.o.a.t. he needs to be more consistent

sam stoepee
08-20-2005, 08:54 AM
Hes one of the wackest ever

ShaolinDarts
08-20-2005, 09:30 AM
http://www3.uta.edu/sswtech/sapvc/resources/drug_pics/crackpipe_gif.jpg
Haha

7ess
08-20-2005, 09:46 AM
G.O.A.T. no but he's def one of my favorites I just think he fell off but he could easily make another classic

peace

SurreaL
08-20-2005, 09:55 AM
Hes one of the wackest ever

Shut the fuck up.

Orion Nebulus
08-20-2005, 09:55 AM
LMAOOOOOOO top six all time?????? You must do more crack than he does. Obiviously you have no knowledge of other great emcees out there. DMX is not even top 20. Yeah Im ready for the feed back LOL.

abbot36
08-20-2005, 10:45 AM
How's Dmx not in the top 6? X probably had one of the biggest impacts on the rap game of all time. If it wasn't for him, y'all would still be forced to listen to p diddy and mase rap in thier shiny suits. X brought the street element back to rap, not wu-tang, jay-z, nas or any other mc for that matter.

WuBanga36
08-20-2005, 10:47 AM
DMX was good, but not in the top 10 list. Now, that is just my opinion.

CrunchyBlack
08-20-2005, 11:25 AM
love his first three albums. great depression is good as well, but i didn't care too much for grand champ except for the single and that one track with some chick singing the chorus "and the dog is out....woof! woof!".

poop one
08-20-2005, 12:07 PM
man, you must be crazy, son. i could name 20 MCs better than dmx.

triggahappy187
08-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Yall are nuts not top 20? Fuck a GOAT there isn a GOAT. Grand champ was a sick album DMX always comes through he never changes his style either he always gone be rappin the same, Unlike fat joe

Orion Nebulus
08-20-2005, 12:58 PM
How's Dmx not in the top 6? X probably had one of the biggest impacts on the rap game of all time. If it wasn't for him, y'all would still be forced to listen to p diddy and mase rap in thier shiny suits. X brought the street element back to rap, not wu-tang, jay-z, nas or any other mc for that matter.

Forced to listen to p diddy or mase??? HAHAHAHa........I listen to underground hiphop thank you very much!!! And Ill say it again...DMX is NOT in the top six....enough said!!!

pussy-with-teeth
08-20-2005, 01:07 PM
love his first three albums. great depression is good as well, but i didn't care too much for grand champ except for the single and that one track with some chick singing the chorus "and the dog is out....woof! woof!".
lol at woof woof hahaahahha..yeah that song was straight..did not kanye produce it ??....and in the rain was sick...

a good DMX is top 10...but i hate all this woulda oulda if bullshit...he fell the fuck off and thats why he is top 20 now

brown_dogg
08-20-2005, 01:37 PM
fuck this thread

Why tha fuck would you come to a thread juss to say that?

RynMur
08-20-2005, 01:44 PM
i think he's in the top 10, just my opinion

GhostfaceKillah199
08-20-2005, 02:06 PM
I'd say top 15 or 20. he ain't the best lyricists, but his raw energy and emotions make up for it. it's not a f*ckin game. peace

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
08-20-2005, 02:07 PM
No

My First Timbs
08-20-2005, 02:31 PM
im tired of seeing him praying and crying on stage only to turn around and get arrested for dumbness 2 weeks later

GhostfaceKillah199
08-20-2005, 03:14 PM
im tired of seeing him praying and crying on stage only to turn around and get arrested for dumbness 2 weeks laterthe man is an enigma, you gotta love him. peace

Dante
08-20-2005, 04:09 PM
Umm no...not even close to top 6 and light years behind for being the GOAT. Dude, has talent, but to my personal tastes, he's nothing special

Funk_Dock
08-20-2005, 06:30 PM
top 6, wat are u smoking, not even top 20, a good mc nevertheless

triggahappy187
08-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Yo I wan one a yall to name 20 Mcs that are better then DMX, I mean yall sayin there are 20 prove it.

Dante
08-20-2005, 07:22 PM
Yo I wan one a yall to name 20 Mcs that are better then DMX, I mean yall sayin there are 20 prove it.
What's the point? it's all opinion

triggahappy187
08-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Ok if thats ur opinion I wan jus see ur opinion then I wan see ur lists Cuz I know there aint 20 Mcs that are more lyrical an consistant then Dark Man X

Funk_Dock
08-20-2005, 08:28 PM
ok heres my list in no order just 1s i can think of

Melle mel
Rakim
Big daddy kane
Pharoahe monch
Krs-one
kool g rap
nas
grandmaster caz
lauryn hill
kool keith
Zaakir
big l
biggie
kool mo dee
gza
big pun
ice cube
chuck d
method man
common

i can mention more but nvm.... u wanted 20 and u have them now tell me from that list who is worse then DMX?

triggahappy187
08-20-2005, 08:39 PM
Chuck D
Method Man
Ice Cube
Kool Mo Dee
Never heard of Zaakir
Kool Keith
Lauryn Hiil LOL wtf?
Grandmaster Caz
KRS one
P. Monarch
Melly Mel

triggahappy187
08-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Jus cuz they considered legends done mean they good. DMX An some on ur list I think would be tied on that list, An i am only talkin bout lyrical ability here if it was consistancy on albums X would be id say top 7

triggahappy187
08-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Scrath that like fifth

Fragmented
08-20-2005, 08:45 PM

seriously do u even know who kool g rap is? kool g was doing it better more originally and more creatively then before dmx even had an idea of what the game was about.
dmx ain't even top 30 imo his first album is good but honestly i think his other albums are average at best

Funk_Dock
08-20-2005, 08:48 PM
yeh lauryn hill go listen to her albums and you'll understand why

Im not sayin it cause theyre legends (which they are) but because theyre better than DMX, and thats a fact not an opinion

and lyrically all the mentioned MCs are better than X, he isnt even consistent, he has a few good albums but the rest were below par i dont find that consistent

Funk_Dock
08-20-2005, 08:49 PM
seriously do u even know who kool g rap is? kool g was doing it better more originally and more creatively then before dmx even had an idea of what the game was about.
dmx ain't even top 30 imo his first album is good but honestly i think his other albums are average at best
thanku finally someone who knows what hes talkin about

triggahappy187
08-20-2005, 08:53 PM
Kid u in Malta no offense but u weren't around for Ruff Ryders anthem, or stop bein greedy.
U tellin me these cats better than DMX when they aint even put out as nearly the material DMX has an mostly all of it is sick. DMX has 2 classic albums, 1 great album an 2 average. Lauryn Hill has one album it good main but u really think she can touch DMX u make me laugh homes.

Funk_Dock
08-20-2005, 08:59 PM
ever heard of fugees man? one of the best group in rap

where i live has nothin to do with it, and i heard both those songs and theyre dope

just because he put out lots of albums doesnt show consistency, if all those albums were good then that would mean hes consistent. im gonna go sleep be back on 2moro

triggahappy187
08-20-2005, 09:01 PM
But all 5 were good albums period 2 weren't great but worth 13 bucks. An u din say Fugees homie U said Lauryn Hill alone, U cant compare a group to one artist.

CrunchyBlack
08-20-2005, 09:57 PM
But all 5 were good albums period 2 weren't great but worth 13 bucks. An u din say Fugees homie U said Lauryn Hill alone, U cant compare a group to one artist.
wu tang is better than cormega? lol....

DMX is ill...just deal with it everybody.

triggahappy187
08-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Exactly

tical2000
08-20-2005, 11:37 PM
with 2 classics under his belt (its dark and hell is hot, flesh of my flesh blood of my blood) 1 damn near classic (and then there was x) and 2 very above average albums (great depression and grand champ), X has gotta be ranked among the top 6 of all time. This nigga never sold out, stayed true to the street and probably released the most grimiest singles of all time. Fuck Jay-Z, Fuck what everyone else says X is the King of New York and probably the G.O.A.T. Whats your opinions??
you smokin crack nigga?

the only classic album DMX has is maybe "ITS DARK AND HEEL IS HOT", and to be honest that is really a 4.5/5..........the rest of DMX's albums all sound the fuckin same, like the dude just keeps making the same album over and over again........

......wow whats that another DMX/SWISS BEATS collabo????

tical2000
08-20-2005, 11:41 PM

Didn't DMX do songs with fuckin MASE........I know the nigga did songs with SISQO..........

.....and to let you know, groups like WU TANG, NAS, BIGGIE, MOBB DEEP basically brought NEW YORK back from the west coast in the 1990's and have made music 100times more grimy than DMX

abbot36
08-21-2005, 12:17 AM
Y'all niggas talk shit sayin meth is better than x. I mean, Meth is one of my favorite mc's but the nigga only had one hot album in his career, admit it. I hate to say this being that I'm a die hard wu fan but X is more consistent and better than everyone in the wu. And don't even say ghost is more consistent cuz bulletproof wallets was trash, pretty toney was below average, ironaman was an above average album and supreme clientele was good. I mean damn y'all are dickriding too hard, Wu's good, but who do u think made a bigger impact on the rap game seriously. Put all your dickriding aside and think about it. Then you'll see X is one of the best to ever touch a mic.

tical2000
08-21-2005, 01:00 AM
Who made a bigger impact in the rap game???? you are saying DMX????

Well WU TANG CLAN are usually considered one of the greatest hip hop groups of all time, if not the greatest.......and were the biggest group of the 1990's......along with NAS and BIGGIE brought NEW YORK hip hop back from West Coast dominance.......every group today tries to copy WU TANG's forumla of group and solo projects. Wu tang basically popularised the NEW YORK grimy sound in the 1990's....were the first to use the mafiaoso nick names, that everyone used.....

.....I dont really know what to say, it seemed like there was a time from about 1993-1998 that WU TANG absolutley dominated rap......with the beats and the lyrics. There are not many groups who have had more impact on the rap game besides WU TANG.......(maybe RUN-DMC and NWA)

I can see someone who has just smoked a bowl of crack saying that DMX made a bigger impact than WU TANG........but hey I guess DMX's dog growls were kinda innovative and impactful.

I cant see anyone who was a hip hop fan in the 1990's, saying that WU TANG did not have impact, casue they were huge......maybe you weren't a hip hop fan then, I dont know

Y'all niggas talk shit sayin meth is better than x. I mean, Meth is one of my favorite mc's but the nigga only had one hot album in his career, admit it. I hate to say this being that I'm a die hard wu fan but X is more consistent and better than everyone in the wu. And don't even say ghost is more consistent cuz bulletproof wallets was trash, pretty toney was below average, ironaman was an above average album and supreme clientele was good. I mean damn y'all are dickriding too hard, Wu's good, but who do u think made a bigger impact on the rap game seriously. Put all your dickriding aside and think about it. Then you'll see X is one of the best to ever touch a mic.

THE W
08-21-2005, 01:05 AM
No.

Bedlam
08-21-2005, 01:19 AM
WTF is this DMX fag talkin about? It doesn't matter how many albums you put out. If Nas just put out Illmatic, then retired, I'd put him ahead of DMX. GZA has better solos than DMX, plus if you count his work on Clan albums and guest apperances, its not even fucking close. Some people are just so afraid of being labeled a "Wu Dickrider" that they say stupid shit like DMX is better than everyone in the Clan. DMX is a good rapper, but he's not fucking close GOAT, or top 10.

abbot36
08-21-2005, 01:49 AM
Did I say Wu- Tang did not have a huge impact on the rap game, no i didn't. So shut the fuck up. and to the nigga bringin up Gza is better than x, face it, its not true, your in denial. Its dark and hell is hot shits on liquid swords all day. I dare you to name a grimier album than that. Its dark and hell is hot is definitely one of the best albums ever and its arguable that its better than wu's debut. And if u want proof X is just as ill/iller than Gza, X beat Jay-Z in a battle and Dame dash admitted to it (in x's book) while Jay and Gza both stay quiet on thier battle (although jay has hinted he won). Overall, X is one of the best to ever touch a mic and its a damn shame y'all cant get around your dickriding and admit to this

CrunchyBlack
08-21-2005, 04:44 AM
are you fucking kidding me? comparing the wu tang clan to a single rapper (dmx)? lol.

i agree with most of what has been said here. the only album i really loved was ironman by ghost. supreme clientele was good though and his other two suck.

now i'm not saying that i preferr dmx to any wu tang clan members, but i'm comparing quality of solo cds here. pound for pound, dmx holds it down better than any clan member.

Dante
08-21-2005, 05:06 AM
I hate to say this being that I'm a die hard wu fan but X is more consistent and better than everyone in the wu. .ahem...GZA

enough said

and p.s. Liquid Swords destroys anything DMX has and will ever make

Dante
08-21-2005, 05:12 AM
Did I say Wu- Tang did not have a huge impact on the rap game, no i didn't. So shut the fuck up. and to the nigga bringin up Gza is better than x, face it, its not true, your in denial. Its dark and hell is hot shits on liquid swords all day. I dare you to name a grimier album than that. Its dark and hell is hot is definitely one of the best albums ever and its arguable that its better than wu's debut. And if u want proof X is just as ill/iller than Gza, X beat Jay-Z in a battle and Dame dash admitted to it (in x's book) while Jay and Gza both stay quiet on thier battle (although jay has hinted he won). Overall, X is one of the best to ever touch a mic and its a damn shame y'all cant get around your dickriding and admit to thisumm just because someone beats somebody esle on a battle doesnt make him a better rapper...maybe a better battle rapper, but not rapper in general...Face it, DMX couldn't touch GZA (and almost everyone in the clan for that matter) lyrically...and you say we're in denial? Maybe you're the one in denial, and can't accept the fact that there are people who like other rappers better than DMX....get off his dick

-Goddess-
08-21-2005, 07:30 AM
http://spencer.idjmg.com/www2/av/go.wax?num=5681659558

pussy-with-teeth
08-21-2005, 07:36 AM
ahem...GZA

enough said

and p.s. Liquid Swords destroys anything DMX has and will ever make
its dark and hell is hot >>>>liquid swords

track for track

Funk_Dock
08-21-2005, 02:13 PM
this is fucking stupid. i didnt say fugees was better than DMX, i wouldnt compare a group to an artist but u said she only had 1 album which isnt true

anyway fuck that, your overating X hes NOT consistent
every1 who i mentioned is better than X

Orion Nebulus
08-21-2005, 02:20 PM
its dark and hell is hot >>>>liquid swords

track for track

DMX cant even hold GZA's mic..enough said!!!

abbot36
08-21-2005, 02:45 PM
how u gonna say Gza's better when he's had one hot album and two very mediocre ones. Meanwhile X has been consistent with his albums and music and never sold out a la Wu tang did on the W, Meth did on the prequel. Gza's a very good lyricist, but X is a hell of a lot better at making songs, albums and actually putting emotion in his writing and voice. I said it before and I'll say it again, y'all are some dickriders and can't admit that your heroes aren't as good as you make them out to be in your fantasy world. GET OFF WU'S DICK.

Dante
08-21-2005, 02:54 PM
how u gonna say Gza's better when he's had one hot album and two very mediocre ones. Meanwhile X has been consistent with his albums and music and never sold out a la Wu tang did on the W, Meth did on the prequel. Gza's a very good lyricist, but X is a hell of a lot better at making songs, albums and actually putting emotion in his writing and voice. I said it before and I'll say it again, y'all are some dickriders and can't admit that your heroes aren't as good as you make them out to be in your fantasy world. GET OFF WU'S DICK.
Strictly opinion son...to me all of GZA's albums are classic, and like i've said numerous times, to my personal tastes DMX is annoying as fuck, i don't like his voice, his barking and his delivery. I prefer GZA's calm/grimey intimaditing voice, and raw lyricism. If you can't accept that, then you're the one doing the dick riding kid. Also explain how GZA sold out? The shit he spits in The W deosnt sound too commercial to me....If anything he has kept it hip hop through out his whole careeer and has NEVER dropped one single bad album (IMO)

Orion Nebulus
08-21-2005, 02:59 PM

Lmaoooooooo!!!! Get off x's dick...how about that!!! And NO..Dmx is not consistant..... his last 3 albums was trash. For you to even think that x is better than Gza...you need to start listening to some rock or whatever else..cause hiphop is not for you little one LOL. So continue to force your opinion on people cause I dont give 2 shits about what you think....Im done with you. :)

INF
08-21-2005, 03:02 PM
DMX! the goat? Paleeeeze kid! I didn't even take time to read the shit you have said and I'm prolly better off. Look, DMX had his time. That time has been way over. There were no consistent classics. Best thing he ever did was Belly and thats sad cuz it was a movie. One.

pussy-with-teeth
08-21-2005, 03:34 PM
DMX cant even hold GZA's mic..enough said!!!
lol

man...its called music and not lyricsm..sorry i listen to music, i dont read it or whatever...and DMX even got better lyrics than gza, just comparing those 2 albums..after that X fell off - ima give the gza the career..but.. its dark and hell is hot is better than GZA on his best...

Orion Nebulus
08-21-2005, 03:43 PM
lol

man...its called music and not lyricsm..sorry i listen to music, i dont read it or whatever...and DMX even got better lyrics than gza, just comparing those 2 albums..after that X fell off - ima give the gza the career..but.. its dark and hell is hot is better than GZA on his best...

Ok I guess youre too simple minded to listen to lyrics....then why bother listening to hiphop for?? Some advice for you...just listen to instrumentals. :)

Dante
08-21-2005, 03:53 PM
lol

and again that is strictly opinion...You're not into lyricism? Well thats your taste. I like lyricism so im obviously gonna like GZA more than X.

pussy-with-teeth
08-21-2005, 04:01 PM
man

i said DMX has better lyrics then gza too....but its not that importent...

DXM = gaot

NO

Dante
08-21-2005, 04:02 PM
and i say GZA has much better lyrics than DMX...What's the point? It's all opinion

Funk_Dock
08-21-2005, 06:29 PM
theres opinion and theres fact......u can say chingy is better than nas but we all know thats not true

fact is Gza is better lyrically than DMX

triggahappy187
08-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Yo kid Wu's time was over way before Dmx time so who u kiddin an to say GZA is more consistant than DMX is a lie. For real I hate sayin this but to many of yall ridin Gza dick trust me I love Wu main they my group but for real like crunchy said no clan member can touch DMX album wise, I din say talent wise.

abbot36
08-21-2005, 08:22 PM
the truth is for every good Gza song, X has a better one. Damien, the convo, feel it coming in the air tonight, get at me dog, slippin to name a few are all better than anything in Gza's catalogue.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
08-21-2005, 08:26 PM
uhh no, not at all

08-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Yo kid Wu's time was over way before Dmx time so who u kiddin an to say GZA is more consistant than DMX is a lie. For real I hate sayin this but to many of yall ridin Gza dick trust me I love Wu main they my group but for real like crunchy said no clan member can touch DMX album wise, I din say talent wise.
definition of a wu tang hater coming to a wu tang forum trying to start shit with his conflicting opinion

triggahappy187
08-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Ok u see how many post i have on this forum? 557 U think I jus came here to start shit?

triggahappy187
08-21-2005, 08:55 PM
U jus cant see that there is good music outside of Wu an Wu affiliates

08-21-2005, 08:56 PM
LOL, I know that, you don't know what I listen to, but I know that there's alot more good music from Wu Tang than DMX, in my opinion. Especially Wu fam, Killarmy's shit alone fucks up anything DMX put out except his first

triggahappy187
08-21-2005, 09:10 PM
Ok nowwwww I'am 100% sure that u are on some Wu tang nuts

CrunchyBlack
08-21-2005, 09:14 PM
IMO, DMX has a better career than GZA (bringing this all back to the GZA talk from last page). Liquid Swords is one of my favorite albums of all time...but honestly, it's mostly due to the kick ass old school RZA production along with a ton of Clan guest spots.

His next two albums really didn't do much for me at all.

He's a GREAT lyricist, and better than DMX if you want to compare lyrics...but that's as far as it goes IMO.

To each their own though.

-Goddess-
08-21-2005, 09:15 PM
/

Bedlam
08-21-2005, 09:16 PM
Thank you for an intelligent post Crunchy, not saying stupid shit like "its dark and hot as hell shits all over Liquid Swords."

-Goddess-
08-21-2005, 09:21 PM
http://spencer.idjmg.com/www2/av/go.wax?num=5681659558

DMX = OK

abbot36
08-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Its dark and hell is hot does shit on Liquid Swords. If you compare the two albums song for song its not even close. Hell its even arguable that the production side of both albums are even. Dame Grease made some of the grimiest instrumentals ever on this album and swizz also hit it great production. Overall, the two are not even comparable.

Bedlam
08-21-2005, 09:40 PM
They are not comparable? lol, this guy doesnt know when to stop. You can try and make your point without saying stupid shit. You're acting like Liquid Swords sucks and DMX is some god MC while GZA is a loser. Stop exaggerating so much, people might take you seriously if you do.

abbot36
08-21-2005, 09:48 PM
ok tell me a Gza song on liquid swords thats better than damien, the convo, i can feel it coming in the air tonight or get at me dog.

triggahappy187
08-21-2005, 11:21 PM
Yo check the forum topic Jay Z - DMX Video freestlye an see why DMX is so ill.

abbot36
08-22-2005, 08:54 AM
bump

bringoutthegimp
08-22-2005, 09:00 AM
when dmx is making top 6 of all time you know this board has hit an all time low

Dante
08-22-2005, 09:05 AM
Especially when there's some kids claiming that DMX is better than GZA...Im not talking about dudes, like Crunchy, he stated his opinion and was cool about it, but some other kids trying to force us to think that DMX is actually better

Dante
08-22-2005, 09:08 AM
ok tell me a Gza song on liquid swords thats better than damien, the convo, i can feel it coming in the air tonight or get at me dog.if you insist:

Cold World
Investigative Reports
Liquid Swords
Labels
Gold
Living in the World Today
Duel of the Iron Mic....

Actually the whole album in my opinion.

i already stated my reason why i don't like DMX, and like i've said before this is all strictly opinion, you're still gonna disagree, and im gonna disagree with you. Im finish here. Thanks for your time

abbot36
08-22-2005, 09:59 AM
How can you say those Gza songs are better than X's when X's work actually has a concept behind it. Damien and The Convo were both very original ideas and you could tell he was putting his heart into his lyrics and delivery (like he does on most songs). Gza on the other hand does have some good concepts for songs such as Labels, but lacks both the heart and voice to really grab the listeners attention. Even on All in Together Now where he's paying tribute to ODB, which is a pretty personal matter for anyone in the clan, the nigga sounds like he's bored and wants to lie down n sleep. Overall, when it comes to Its Dark and Hell is Hot vs. Liquid Swords, Its Dark and Hell is Hot is the superior album and will be remembered by fans longer than Liquid swords for both its impact and content.

pussy-with-teeth
08-22-2005, 10:12 AM
How can you say those Gza songs are better than X's when X's work actually has a concept behind it. Damien and The Convo were both very original ideas and you could tell he was putting his heart into his lyrics and delivery (like he does on most songs). Gza on the other hand does have some good concepts for songs such as Labels, but lacks both the heart and voice to really grab the listeners attention. Even on All in Together Now where he's paying tribute to ODB, which is a pretty personal matter for anyone in the clan, the nigga sounds like he's bored and wants to lie down n sleep. Overall, when it comes to Its Dark and Hell is Hot vs. Liquid Swords, Its Dark and Hell is Hot is the superior album and will be remembered by fans longer than Liquid swords for both its impact and content.
i pretty much much agree with u...i been sayin this since day 1..gza is pretty boring with his voice..no emotion..no diffrents...did he ever switch between flows ?? and to be honest, cause of these things i have problems to listen to a gza album from start to finish...like u said..dude dont grab attention...bu calm down...u act like LS is a pure boring album - i disagree..its pretty good..aint a classic like DMXs first one - but good

Dante
08-22-2005, 10:13 AM
10 years have passed people still talk about Liquid Swords, so i dont know what your trying to say buddy

pussy-with-teeth
08-22-2005, 10:22 AM
10 years have passed people still talk about Liquid Swords, so i dont know what your trying to say buddy
lol..its a wu tang site...in genreal i think most peeps dont consider LS a classic....people on here still talk about tical...u wanna say its a classic ?

08-22-2005, 10:26 AM
i've seen people on SOHH, Hip Hop DX and Allhiphop talk about LS with classic status, your point? Stop trying to talk for people, you are not people, you are one person.

Jabba Jaw
08-22-2005, 10:59 AM
x aint wack but he aint the G.O.A.T

lol@ peeps sayin hes wack he far from it
got all of his album n hes definitley up with the best of em

x=dopeness but not the greatest

tical2000
08-22-2005, 01:06 PM
lol..its a wu tang site...in genreal i think most peeps dont consider LS a classic....people on here still talk about tical...u wanna say its a classic ?I think most HIP HOP heads would say the first tround of WU TANG solo records are classics........

......I read magazine top albums lists.......and LIQUID SWORDS, ONLY BUILT, IRONMAN, etc are all usually listed.

DMX, dude is aight............but lets get real for a second here, the dude has basically made the same album 5 times in a row.........same production, same style, same type of singles.......like does anyone really need more than 1 DMX record.......all the dude talks about is his dogs and his niggas......he keeps recycling the same album

tajeco
08-22-2005, 01:18 PM
no

pussy-with-teeth
08-22-2005, 02:32 PM
I think most HIP HOP heads would say the first tround of WU TANG solo records are classics........

......I read magazine top albums lists.......and LIQUID SWORDS, ONLY BUILT, IRONMAN, etc are all usually listed.

DMX, dude is aight............but lets get real for a second here, the dude has basically made the same album 5 times in a row.........same production, same style, same type of singles.......like does anyone really need more than 1 DMX record.......all the dude talks about is his dogs and his niggas......he keeps recycling the same album
gza too..sorry all his albums have the same lyrical subject matter...

Funk_Dock
08-22-2005, 04:21 PM
your fucking overrating him

GhostfaceKillah199
08-22-2005, 04:37 PM
DMX, dude is aight............but lets get real for a second here, the dude has basically made the same album 5 times in a row.........same production, same style, same type of singles.......like does anyone really need more than 1 DMX record.......all the dude talks about is his dogs and his niggas......he keeps recycling the same albumwhy try n' fix it if it ain't broken? peace