PDA

View Full Version : Knowledge, thoughts, and memories.

Philosophy
06-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Have you ever learned a mathematical concept or historical date but 10 years later you might not be able to recall it until someone repeats it to you.

Once you learn something for the first time it seems your brain seems to awaken to it and then recognize it. Isn't this similar to when you recover a lost thought from your past? but to a slightly lesser extent? i.e. it is usually easier to remember something you learned yesterday than something from years ago.

Some thoughts and concepts that are in your brain seem to stay there concretely, no matter how much time its been since you've learned it. What if you keep some "knowledge" past down from your father and mother. i.e. the so called "instincts" animals have.

What if we really have the knowledge of all inside our head? everything, life, universe, everything. but we just haven't realized it all yet. i.e. a brain fart?
im not sure how Alzheimer's fits into this.
im a lil blunted. hope you all can follow my thoughts. peace.

Trismegistos
06-05-2008, 06:58 AM
Collective unconsciousness?

SG
11-09-2008, 02:26 PM
The great St. Bonaventure a philosopher of Western mystics wrote that humans have three eyes. Three ways of gaining knowledge

The “eye of flesh” sees the external world of space, time, objects, and living things. Example: if you throw a stick down, a dog will respond…a rock won’t

The “eye of reason” deals with philosophy, logic, the mind itself. Example: You can’t smell or taste mathematics and no one has ever seen a square root or a quark. No one would deny that these mental realities have drastically changed our physical world.

The “eye of contemplation” trandscends the mental realm. It gives us a sense of oneness with the cosmos….that inexpressible and wordless experience we all have at some time in our lives and lack words to describe.

The Three Eyes have in common: One is not aware of oneself as separate from the rest of the world. There is a sense of unity past, present, fuure are all rolled in one. For some people this may a be religious experience. For others the sense of oneness comes while making love, performing or listening to music, communing with nature, running or dancing. SOME PEOPLE have experienced it under the INFLUENCE of DRUGS.

Face of the Golden Falcon
11-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Akashic Records?...

diggy
11-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Some thoughts and concepts that are in your brain seem to stay there concretely, no matter how much time its been since you've learned it. What if you keep some "knowledge" past down from your father and mother. i.e. the so called "instincts" animals have.

What if we really have the knowledge of all inside our head? everything, life, universe, everything. but we just haven't realized it all yet. i.e. a brain fart?
im not sure how Alzheimer's fits into this.
im a lil blunted. hope you all can follow my thoughts. peace.

Maybe on the subconscious level, we know things that we do not consciously know. We sense things all the time, and all those perceptions probably get into our heads somehow.

TSA
11-10-2008, 12:45 PM
^i agree.

upon intense study i've concluded that subconciously we know everything there is to be known. If we didn't there would be no such a thing as a right or wrong answer, normal and strange, and we wouldn't be about to judge or ulter our realities

the answers we have in our head can be right and wrong based in comparision to reality but we already know everything in some degree.

SG
11-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Akashic Records?...

Yes, the input so far is common not by words but interpretation

Mic Tyson
11-10-2008, 05:20 PM
^i agree.

upon intense study i've concluded that subconciously we know everything there is to be known.

well then who is the original man?