PDA

View Full Version : Statistic Manipulation

TSA
06-05-2008, 11:24 AM
The government doesn't get nearly anything done, at all, and really have a lot less power then made out to.

what a professor that used to work on statistics for the state government told me is they manipulate information for election purposes and so forth.

like republicans wanting to keep a strong hold on nebraska so in this state, and others, sudanese ppl aren't counted as black

http://www.chfinternational.org/files/4174_file_sudanese_children.jpg

they also tell police to arrest less and more people depending on what they want their 'crime rate' to look like during their tenure, but during some administrations a lot of things are advised to be overlooked.

like if a drug epidemic breaks out, they're often told to ignore it so that an increase in drug arrests won't make it look like there was an increase in crime during their stint in power.

That why i don't listen to statistics. Expecially from government sources, and firmly believe black ppl are more then 12% of the population cause everywhere outside of nebraska they're like, 30 0r 40% of the ppl i see.

thoughts?

TheWolf
06-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Yep, 98% of what comes out of politicians mouth is bullshit. FACT(?).

You can pretty much put a positive slant on most things. I mean don't Fox news make it look like everything is going well in Iraq?

Alot of people believe what they see on the news, because it's THE NEWS, so how could it be wrong!

Hilary got exposed for lying, doesn't mean she's the only one lying, it just means she the only one that got caught.

I mean think how often you lie to your girl to keep her sweet, they're just doing the same thing but on a larger scale.

I personally believe that 'the people' voted Severe Punishment higher up the 101, but 'the man (aka BeautifulRock), manipulated the figures out of some personal grudge against the track.

TSA
06-05-2008, 12:33 PM
yeah, rock is a slimy jewbag, but she's wets up nice

STYLE
06-05-2008, 03:36 PM
its prolly cause africans don't consider themselves the same as black americans.
remember?

TSA
06-05-2008, 03:48 PM
almost right,
but africans are african americans because they fall into the 'black' slot of outdated american classification. i just said there was a difference and im not the same as an african america because im an african, and have just as much in common with them culturally as i do with white people
which is nearly nothing if i only count my african background as my culture

then you got really really, really really upset

plus they count all black africans except sudanese cause we have a lot of them here, so that doesn't add up

STYLE
06-05-2008, 05:29 PM
i ain't mad at cha.

i just think its funny.

you don't believe in the boogeyman but you steady checkin the closet.

Visionz
06-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Half of the 75% of Wu-Corpers believe that truth in this original statement was only 67% correct over any 5 year period in which the margin of error does not coorelate with the ever-rising price of gas

Sicka than aidZ
06-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Thats It, Im Movin This Shit To Ktl.

TSA
06-05-2008, 10:21 PM
sweet fag, your totally powerful.
now if you ould finish your G.E.D classes you'll totally have a reason not to kill ya self

Visionz
06-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Half of the 75% of Wu-Corpers believe that truth in this original statement was only 67% correct over any 5 year period in which the margin of error does not coorelate with the ever-rising price of gas

Thats It, Im Movin This Shit To Ktl.

:lmao: Sicka thought that was real math

HANZO
06-06-2008, 08:25 PM
isnt it jus a way to control the ppl.

at the end of the day thats what the government does.

the use of statistics is to highlight the governments achievements and cover up fuck ups. over long periods of time, the government can change some laws to positively effect the key statistics. thus making them look more desirable.

cause the general public react to statistical data, its a very effective tool for propaganda. unlike the general propaganda tool which is 90% bollocks, this is statistical data, the opposition to the government cannot deny the data. they can only make a case against the government if they come up with their own data, to show an area where the government is failing.

this data is really powerful, and the ability to manipulate it to their advantage expands the governments reach over the ppl.

TSA
06-06-2008, 08:59 PM
^very. very. very. true, like making things illegal and legal just to make things look good

another thing is with 3rd world countries. When they count GNP they don't include "unofficial business", which is basically businesses that weren't registered to the government in a western fashion

the gay part about this is i read that 40% of africa and latin america's economies are not counted in GNP because it's not considered 'official business'

i went to nigeria. I don't know 1 business that's registered to the government, they just don't do that cause the gov are slimy joos and it takes forever to get approved while you got seeds 2 feeds.

ever town has a large central market where women sell stuff, and men often go to cities and open small businesses selling consumer goods.

none of these are counted and this is probably how 98% of the ppl i know are employed.

dumb.

:lmao: Sicka thought that was real math
AhyahahaAahhaHAha

HANZO
06-06-2008, 09:42 PM
^very. very. very. true, like making things illegal and legal just to make things look good

another thing is with 3rd world countries. When they count GNP they don't include "unofficial business", which is basically businesses that weren't registered to the government in a western fashion

the gay part about this is i read that 40% of africa and latin america's economies are not counted in GNP because it's not considered 'official business'

i went to nigeria. I don't know 1 business that's registered to the government, they just don't do that cause the gov are slimy joos and it takes forever to get approved while you got seeds 2 feeds.

ever town has a large central market where women sell stuff, and men often go to cities and open small businesses selling consumer goods.

none of these are counted and this is probably how 98% of the ppl i know are employed.

its just not like that in 3rd world countries. developing and even developed nations have such a thing.

it can be related to a population count. you know in some cases analysts will say a countries population is this 'x' big, then when the count comes its 'y' big; the official data doesnt take into consideration every possibility, they aint gonna count the immigrants and no ones gonna trek to the top of a mountain to count a village thats located there. jus like GNP not taking into account small businesses and other stuff.

i mean now you think, can you trust data??? do you have any other choice but to trust the data. unless you go and collect it yourself. even then its probably manipulated.

TSA
06-06-2008, 09:46 PM
i try to only go by things i only know and can/have proved myself, but it leaves you really limited and uninformed, so my attempts usually fail