PDA

View Full Version : The New National Anthem "Nigger Doodle Dandy"

blackwisdom
08-20-2005, 11:36 PM
On the last Sunday before the election, Democratic senators might address crowds in each city; local officeholders would hold forth in smaller towns. Each of these rallies featured music. Hundreds of thousands of songbooks were printed so the party faithful might sing the same songs coast to coast. A favorite in 1864 was sung to the tune of Yankee Doodle Dandy”:

The New National Anthem

“Nigger Doodle Dandy”

Yankee Doodle is no more,

Sunk his name and station;

Nigger Doodle takes his place,

And favors amalgamation.

CHORUS: Nigger Doodle’s all the go,

Ebony shins and bandy

“Loyal” people all must bow

To Nigger Doodle dandy.

The white breed is under par

It takes the rich a-ramy,

Give us something black as tar,

Give us “Old Dahomey.”

CHORUS: Nigger Doodle’s all the go, etc.

Blubber lips are killing sweet,

And kinky heads are splendid;

And oh, it makes such bully feet

To have the heels extended.

CHORUS: Nigger Doodle’s all the go, etc.

Lowen, J.W. “Lies My Teacher Told Me” page 155

GuardianOne
08-21-2005, 04:47 AM
I don't know what to think on this, but it shows a vivid expression of the America situation (both past and present) yet not much can be done for the future. Since it (USA)still is a super power. And for the minorities there, it makes things difficult. For Africans at least they have their original land (Africa-which is difficult to reverse the effects) but worse still for the American Indians ( they are still colonized). That's what this verse might relate to, i don't know

Peace
PS: Kind of gives a different perspective!!!!!!!!!!!!

blackwisdom
08-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I knew that this one was going to be one that not many would reply to. People flee from ugly things that are unpopular. Right now it's unpopular to talk about something that is being hidden. We have it so good right now... yeah right. We're eating crumbs and rejoicing. Look around you and pay attention to what's really going on. I posted this for a reason. If you get the message "then that good, as long as me and God understood."

peace

Grim Reapa
08-21-2005, 01:26 PM
Very Creative Blackwisdom U Always Suprise Me

blackwisdom
08-21-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm sorry if you misunderstood my post. I got this from the book stated at the bottom of my original post "Lies My Teacher Told Me."

peace