PDA

View Full Version : The Official "I BEAT MGS4" Thread ***SPOILERS***

oDoUoSoKo
06-19-2008, 11:17 PM
This thread is specifically for people who beat the game already...and people who have questions for them....

lets discuss....first off...anybody got the Corpse camo? ELOELS...BE HONEST!!!!

KZA
06-20-2008, 03:27 AM
yea...

im still playing the game again.. im sad that the series has to end.. but this is by far one of the best games i've ever played.

how would you rank the series?

IMO 4 > 3 > 1 > 2

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-20-2008, 04:19 AM

IMO 4 > 3 > 1 > 2

WOW??? It's that good?

Cherez
06-20-2008, 04:23 AM
but this is by far one of the best games i've ever played.

co-sign

IMO 4 > 3 > 1 > 2

I would say 4 > 2 > 3 > 1 this game serie is classic. and yea i beat the game too and cant get enough of it.

About the camos... ..there ist a new blue camo in the extra section up to download.

oDoUoSoKo
06-20-2008, 12:01 PM
for me

1>4>3>2

KZA
06-20-2008, 12:47 PM
2 was wack cause you had to use raiden most of the game. even though he kicked ass in 4. the microwave, rex vs ray, act 4, last battle were masterpieces. this game deserves a 10 unlike gta just getting 10s from everyone cause its GTA, the game was missing stuff.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-20-2008, 01:21 PM
^^^bah u know when even GTA San Andreas gets perfect 10 everywere, that u mustn't trust the media.

MGS is different, I still gotta go through this one tho - trailers are incredible

KZA
06-20-2008, 05:27 PM
san andreas had its up and downs also

DRUNKENDRAGON
06-20-2008, 06:17 PM
The thing that makes this game amazing to me is how they impossibly managed to wrap the mind-bending story up. It's like ever since the very first NES game this series was planned out that far ahead of time. The creator is absolutely a fucking genius.

Zero
06-21-2008, 07:21 AM
I finished it a couple of days back, by far the best game I've ever played - still not my favourite Metal Gear though. That title belongs to Metal Gear Solid 1 on the PSX.

The creator is absolutely a fucking genius.

Yup. Kojima really is something else. MGS story puts alot of films and tv shows to shame.

oDoUoSoKo
06-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Kojima is mad young, he gotta keep going man.

KZA
06-22-2008, 02:55 AM
he needs to go back to Zone of the Enders

Zero
06-22-2008, 07:16 AM
There will be another MGS game, and Kojimas even contemplated whether he will actually take part in it. I think he will end up doing another one..

Ryan Payton came out yesterday and said it will possibly be a prequel (MGS5 that is) chronociling more of Big Boss's story.

I think if the MGS movie is a hit there will almost defo be another game, cause the franchise would have a whole new fanbase.

oDoUoSoKo
06-22-2008, 11:13 AM
u think theyd remake MG? or MG2?

KZA
06-22-2008, 12:14 PM
No point in making Metal Gear Solid 5 since Snake will probably be dead. They can make a new Metal Gear but they would have to make it revolve around a new character.

Remaking an old game would cost money. who knows.

oDoUoSoKo
06-22-2008, 01:40 PM
i can almost guarantee that shit will sell...

side note, wtf is the name of the song that sunny hums when making eggs, the resistance guy whistle, and is in the part when u find out what animal u ranked as?

Koolish
06-22-2008, 02:32 PM
^ oh holy shit so that's the song they're all "hahh ahh, ahh hahh"ing at the end.

i have no damn clue, maybe it was made up just for the game.

for me the series goes: 4, 1, 2, 3.

at first 4 and 1 were tied, but after getting the entire story into my head without any confusion its the best. but the entire series was just classic after classic, Metal Gear 2 is up their with MGS1 for me.

that corpse camo was nice to get though, because i just finished the no kill/no alert playthrough and you just have to play like shit to get it.

oDoUoSoKo
06-22-2008, 02:46 PM
yea haha^^

but seriously i need that song.

RagnaroK
06-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Damn!! Shadow Moses so nostalgic i took a minute or two just looking around hearing the dialogue from MGS even the camera he looks at it again and it falls off LOL! i found the SOCOM pistol with the silencer that is the best weapon on Metal Gear

but the best part is the fighting against crying wolf on the same spot you fought against Sniper Wolf(my fav Character) you even see some flashback of her and the Wolf-dogs are still there guarding the resting place for the love one
this so cool for me

KZA
06-22-2008, 11:02 PM
i hated that battle.. especially when I had to put the frogs back to sleep more then once.. using that big sniper rifle the m8something took lots of damage from her.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
06-23-2008, 02:19 AM
Damn!! Shadow Moses so nostalgic i took a minute or two just looking around hearing the dialogue from MGS even the camera he looks at it again and it falls off LOL! i found the SOCOM pistol with the silencer that is the best weapon on Metal Gear

but the best part is the fighting against crying wolf on the same spot you fought against Sniper Wolf(my fav Character) you even see some flashback of her and the Wolf-dogs are still there guarding the resting place for the love one
this so cool for me

still one of my favorite games of all time i'm thinking of buying the re-release but mgs4 is the game right now it's fire

KZA
06-23-2008, 02:46 AM
if they do plan rereleasing it. most likely it will be DLC.

i just beat the game the 2nd time on big boss hard.. makes me sad

im going to play the game again..

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
06-23-2008, 03:13 AM
if they do plan rereleasing it. most likely it will be DLC.

i just beat the game the 2nd time on big boss hard.. makes me sad

im going to play the game again..

they did it's the three pack with metal gear solid aka twin snakes (as it is now known), metal gear solid 2: sons of liberity & metal gear solid 3

Zero
06-23-2008, 06:39 AM
u think theyd remake MG? or MG2?

I'm not sure, but there is a high demand for both to be re-made.

Myself, I just want more background story on Grey Fox. I want to know how deep his and Snakes friendship was, and how much of a mentor Big Boss was to him.

RagnaroK
06-23-2008, 09:40 AM
they did it's the three pack with metal gear solid aka twin snakes (as it is now known), metal gear solid 2: sons of liberity & metal gear solid 3

Question does that pack is for Playstation? and most importantly is MTG Solid Twin Snake the same as the game cube ver.?

im on the last act but damn this game gonna gave me a heart attack or something is too exiting Rex VS Ray and The Boss VS Naked Snake got to be the best boss battles ever

how did you guys found how to kill vamp?

i luckily saw a post that had the words vamp and syringe in it didn't even read the entire post and at the time didn't knew what the syringe was took me a couple of tries before remembering that post after that he was the quickest to fall

KZA
06-23-2008, 12:46 PM

i thought he meant if they rerelease mgs4 you know how they made substance, subsistience etc.

Question does that pack is for Playstation? and most importantly is MTG Solid Twin Snake the same as the game cube ver.?

im on the last act but damn this game gonna gave me a heart attack or something is too exiting Rex VS Ray and The Boss VS Naked Snake got to be the best boss battles ever

how did you guys found how to kill vamp?

i luckily saw a post that had the words vamp and syringe in it didn't even read the entire post and at the time didn't knew what the syringe was took me a couple of tries before remembering that post after that he was the quickest to fall

The Twin Snakes and the PSX version are totally different versions the voices don't compare to the psx version, Snake dodging bullets as if he was in the matrix.

Vamp was easy shoot him knock him down go up behind him have the syringe ready cqc him and press triangle. wait til you get towards the end of the act. its probably one of the greatest moments you will ever experience.

RagnaroK
06-23-2008, 01:18 PM
i meant to ask if that new MGS pack have MGS original ver or Game Cube ver.?

and

HOW you found out how to kill him?

KZA
06-23-2008, 01:37 PM
i meant to ask if that new MGS pack have MGS original ver or Game Cube ver.?

and

HOW you found out how to kill him?

the essentials include mgs psx, mgs2 substance and mgs3 subsistience w/o disc 2 extras.. i searched in the mgs4 board on gamefaqs, i bought the LE strat guide also

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
06-23-2008, 04:29 PM
i thought he meant if they rerelease mgs4 you know how they made substance, subsistience etc.

The Twin Snakes and the PSX version are totally different versions the voices don't compare to the psx version, Snake dodging bullets as if he was in the matrix.

your right jza i forgot their slightly different according to wiki

"A remake (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_remake) of Metal Gear Solid, titled Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, was developed by Silicon Knights (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_Knights) under the supervision of Hideo Kojima and released for the Nintendo GameCube (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_GameCube) in North America, Japan, and Europe in March 2004.[14] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid#cite_note-ttsrelease-13) While Twin Snakes was largely developed at Silicon Knights, its cut scenes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cut_scene) were developed in-house at Konami and directed by Japanese film (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinema_of_Japan) director Ryuhei Kitamura (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryuhei_Kitamura), reflecting his dynamic signature style, utilizing bullet-time (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet_time) photography and choreographed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choreography) gunplay extensively.[65] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid#cite_note-64) While the storyline and settings of the game were unchanged, a variety of gameplay features from Sons of Liberty were added such as the first person aiming and hanging from bars on walls. Another change in the English voice acting was the dropping of Mei Ling's, Naomi's and Nastasha's accents, as well as the recasting of the Ninja from Greg Eagles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Eagles) (who reprised the role of the DARPA Chief) to Rob Paulsen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Paulsen). The graphics were also updated."

Bg_Knocc_Out
06-23-2008, 05:04 PM
What I really want from a new Metal Gear, is the game revolving around either the new Raiden, or The very original Boss. It'd be really sweet to be Boss though, back in WWII with COBRA and all them on the battle field would be amazing. They could maybe even make you play up to the part where she kills The Sorrow. Just thoughts though.

Nokturnal Mortum
06-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Is it just me or is the MGS series > GTA series?

I mean, I love GTA3, one of my fondest childhood memories, and GTAIV wasn't bad.

But MGS is in a whole new realm.

oDoUoSoKo
06-23-2008, 09:53 PM
its not just you^^

btw i just thought of how great it would be to play as Gray Fox...that would be an AWESOME way to go...

RagnaroK
06-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Metal Gear Series are the best games ever no questions about it

and im tire of people saying "the scenes are too long" "too much dialogue" or "not enough gameplay"
i can understand about the gameplay but when i play MGS games i can't wait to see the scenes the story the dialogues its what makes me play the game so many times sometime i don't even want the scenes to end and i be sneaking around asking my self when the next scene will pop up the story is so complex and perfectly written that even surpass the fun of the gameplay it self

Bg_Knocc_Out
06-24-2008, 03:26 PM
I have a question.

I haven't played the the first Metal Gear Solid, and I was wondering. Which version would be better to start off with. The PSX version, or the Twin Snakes. Note: I don't care how bad the graphics are so I wouldn't mind playing the PSX version is thats the better one.

Koolish
06-24-2008, 04:25 PM
its not just you^^

btw i just thought of how great it would be to play as Gray Fox...that would be an AWESOME way to go...
you ever play MGS:VR missions on PS1?

you could unlock a level where you played as cyborg ninja, i played that level over and over for hours.

KZA
06-24-2008, 05:30 PM
I have a question.

I haven't played the the first Metal Gear Solid, and I was wondering. Which version would be better to start off with. The PSX version, or the Twin Snakes. Note: I don't care how bad the graphics are so I wouldn't mind playing the PSX version is thats the better one.

psx > gamecube

TTS is more easier, snake dodging bullets as if shadow moses was the matrix, the voice acting is as great as the original one.

psx is by far better between the two. unless your a graphics whore then just play it on the gc.

Bg_Knocc_Out
06-24-2008, 07:14 PM
^ Alright good. Anyone know when the "Essential Collection" comes out of backorder? Haha. It's either I buy the collection with MGS1 in it, or buy it used for $50+.

KZA
06-24-2008, 07:27 PM
its 30 bucks new...

Bg_Knocc_Out
06-24-2008, 07:33 PM
its 30 bucks new...

Not from Amazon. $30 used.

KZA
06-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Not from Amazon. $30 used.

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=69111

oDoUoSoKo
06-24-2008, 08:11 PM
i meant make the game in the perspective of Gray Fox Metal Gear Gray

Zero
06-24-2008, 09:39 PM
i meant make the game in the perspective of Gray Fox Metal Gear Gray

I'd love to see some more depth to Gray Fox's character but I don't think thats the way to go.

Just re-make MG1 or 2 from the NES days. That way they can expand Big Boss and Gray Fox's characters more, while pleasing the die hard MG fans at the same time.

Theres still alot to learn about Big Boss and Gray Fox in particular..I for one would like to know more about Fox and Snakes relationship.

oDoUoSoKo
06-24-2008, 11:24 PM
i dont think Gray fox as main character would be bad at all...knowing Kojima, it could be done wisely..

Zero
06-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Maybe.

As long as he's depicted as the soldier as he was, and not a Ninja I'd be cool with it. I mean I know he had skills with a blade, but his primary position was as an infantry soldier and thats how he achieved the FOX rank in Foxhound.

Bg_Knocc_Out
06-25-2008, 04:23 PM
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=69111

You misunderstood me. It was either buy MGS1 ITSELF for $50 used, or buy the "Essential Collection" WITH MGS1 for only $30. I was obviously aiming toward the choice of the collection... but seeing how it's backordered, I might have to wait awile.

KZA
06-25-2008, 04:36 PM
or just ebay it

oDoUoSoKo
06-25-2008, 09:00 PM
yeah i didnt mean as Cyborg Ninja...i meant as a soldier or w/e...maybe even as Null..idk.

oDoUoSoKo
06-26-2008, 01:03 AM
anyone know how to get ur own pics as ur Clan emblem on mgo?

WARPATH
06-26-2008, 11:16 AM
I finished it yesterday......

Anyone know if your trying to make a no alert run through for the stealth item:

If you get caught and you kill yourself before entering the next area, does the alert still count?

Koolish
06-26-2008, 02:23 PM
any time you enter a new area, save. any time you get spotted, re load.

WARPATH
06-26-2008, 06:24 PM
any time you enter a new area, save. any time you get spotted, re load.

Are sure?

I just want to be sure because on MGS3, if you kill yourself before entering a new zone, the Alert wouldn't count.

oDoUoSoKo
06-26-2008, 10:55 PM
i still need the name of that song

RagnaroK
06-27-2008, 08:33 PM
damn liquid vs solid fight was crazy

just finished the game and nothing that i expected happen kojima is so unpredictable this game is outofthisworld

total play time=12:38:45
continues=0
alerts=0
kills=33---before i decided to not kill a short after frogs 1st encounter
recovery items=5
weapons=46
flashbacks=163
special item=not used
total bonus 98,350
DP=169,986

Title "Octopus"

RagnaroK
06-29-2008, 10:26 PM
i got it from another site

METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GAME RECORDINGS SOUNDTRACK - By Angela Liu
Recorded and Encoded at 320kbps using Soundforge and CDEX V1.30

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8G64RLC9

MGS4 GAME RECORDINGS - A HERO'S REST:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GTRY4NUI

MGS4 GAME RECORDINGS - WHO AM I REALLY 2008
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9TEUL0AQ

MGS4 GAME RECORDINGS - FOXALIVE
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=45EPYJGF

WARPATH
07-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Ok, so now are we gonna have a discussion or what?

I know let's spoil the story line for anyone that dares to click on this thread:

Liquid Ocelot, is not really liquid snake at all but pretending to be.

The Patriots are Big Boss, and all his supporting staff from MGS3.

While we all fantasize about ripping open Mei Lings ripe cherry pussy, Ragnarok fantasizes about white blood on his dick when he pulls out of Raidens sacred hoop.

Big Boss isn't dead and he shows up at the end.

Vamp is bunning Naomi, but that's only because Vamp is a bisexual.

Volgin is also bisexual, but that's another story.

Sunny is the abused neglacted child of Olga that likes to play with Uncle Hal's hard drive and Grandpa Snake's....snake.

All the computers in the game are apple computers running Leopard.

Snake doesn't kill himself but instead, retires early to an old age home where he rots a way in man size diapers.

Liquid Ocelot is actually a good guy trying to save the world from the patriots control using snake as a pawn.

In the end snake realizes he was used to kill the good guys, when all this time the good guys were trying to stop the new Patriots- the Artificial Intelligent computer ones, from controlling the world.

Otacon is whiny bitch like Ranarok. Come in here and whine around you bitch.

WARPATH
07-01-2008, 03:37 PM
anyone get the solar gun yet. It's gay in Prince Adam-He-man type fashion.

KZA
07-01-2008, 05:08 PM
big boss dies at the end

WARPATH
07-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Even as an old man Naked snake is more impressive than Solid Snake.

Better hair cute, nicer clothes, swagger.

And what about Meryl, she looks she takes it in the ass. I wonder if Solid Snake had another chance at plugging that shit, if he'd be able to get hard. If not, then Meryl will laugh at him, and then my MG ONLINE character will have to come and show old snake how it's done.

WARPATH
07-01-2008, 05:20 PM
What about Akiba shit himself. And Meryl married this nigga. WTFMN?

And since Solid Snake looks exactly like Naked snake at the time Naked snake was shoving his naked snake deep inside Eva's twat- do you think old eva who gave birth to Solid snake has the hots for her own son? I mean, he's Old Snake now, and she's old too, so they might go at it.

RagnaroK
07-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Slippy stuck it to Akiba's butt while he had a shitty ass while fighting FROGS thats how Slippy pimps at the same time he still being infatuated with vamp
slippy nanomachine reveal this events to John Doe who A.I. felt disgusted

Ink Is My Drink
07-02-2008, 06:00 PM
completed it today took me around 16 hours i think ill up my stats later. how can you look at your stats again is it possible?..it better be

big boss returning was quality and alot fo teh end was quality like the fight against liquid and walking through the microwave thing classic! but the thign that really brought the story down for me was all the shitty relationships like merly and that johnny bloke that was pointless!! the marriage was so shit and i really dont see why anyone woudl wanty to watch that. and naomi and otacom was also pointless. but apart frm that quality game better than gta4 easy!

Koolish
07-02-2008, 06:22 PM
big boss is the man.

oDoUoSoKo
07-02-2008, 10:52 PM
do one of those recordings contain the song i want?

RagnaroK
07-03-2008, 08:51 AM
the end Ranking might be there is very dope song only 40 sec thou
the other 2 haven't found it anywhere

Ink Is My Drink
07-03-2008, 02:21 PM
after you have completed the game is it possible to look at your stats that you earnt ????????????
as i won a couple awards but cant remember what and want to find out

RagnaroK
07-05-2008, 07:32 PM
can any one explain to me as do why when you die you see Screaming Mantis Strings on Snake?

and Why when you kill a FROG blue flames covers them as if they where control by Sorrow Puppet?

oDoUoSoKo
07-05-2008, 11:40 PM
....hmmm^

Koolish
07-06-2008, 02:06 AM
yeah that strings thing is a little fucked. but you only see them when snake's dead right? probably one of those "let the player make up his own mind" type of situations.

and the frogs, fuck, never even thought about why they were exploding like that, just thought it was the suits.

WARPATH
07-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Slippy stuck it to Akiba's butt while he had a shitty ass while fighting FROGS thats how Slippy pimps at the same time he still being infatuated with vamp
slippy nanomachine reveal this events to John Doe who A.I. felt disgusted

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j113/Charging_Soldier/Baseball_fail.jpg

silverbow25
07-16-2008, 08:58 AM
can any one explain to me as do why when you die you see Screaming Mantis Strings on Snake?

and Why when you kill a FROG blue flames covers them as if they where control by Sorrow Puppet?

Mantis was controlling the other beauties and since the frogs are beauties too maybe they were controlled by Mantis.

I died a lot my first time through and never saw the strings on Snake, but the first time I died on my second time through, I saw them. So I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the strings aren't there until your second time through. I don't know what the actual significance is though if there is one at all. I saw them and was flabbergasted, but a lot of the suggestions that I've heard other people give make some sense. I'm going to inject myself today and see if anything happens I thought of that yesterday and forgot to do it. It probably wont because like most people say it's probably just an inside joke.

WARPATH
07-16-2008, 10:49 AM

My guess it's a video game and to save one memory, they made the bodies disappear with cool blue flames.

If you need an explanation, then the bodies nano-machines were set to decompose the body upon death.

RagnaroK
07-23-2008, 06:53 PM
on big boss hard the part on europe the guy you follow takes a different route then on solid normal at one point he started staring at a poster when i look at the poster it was a big tit japanese girl and snake whisper her name

then under the bridge i spotted those 3 handed ball thing that was disguise as a person following us i try to shot at him but nothing happen

Tage
07-28-2008, 10:35 AM
AAARRRGGGHHHHHH... i badly need a ps3 for this game... among others

shinobi4227
08-06-2008, 12:33 PM
dam, i thought the game would be longer, i beat it in just three days. sweet game tho nevertheless. my ranking stat was hawk.