PDA

View Full Version : dude.....staten island SUCKS!!!

THE W
06-20-2008, 02:24 PM
there was a thread a while back about the best hiphop borough and SI was getting a fair amount of votes. i dont think it won though.

but on the real who does staten island have? Rza, gza, ODB, and masta killa are from brooklyn, all of sunz of man are from brooklyn, half killarmy is from ohio, la the darkman and timbo king arent from staten i dont think.

none of the producers who made all the classic wu beats are from SI(i know rza, 4th, and math arent). 4th is from ohio and math is from queens. cilva is overseas and bronze is from grand rapids, michigan. where are the ill SI producers? RNS....? what has he done since...96?

SI has ugod, ghost, raekwon, meth, deck, cappadonna, 9th prince, PRterroist and killa sin. im sure some of you can name many more but i dont keep up with all these 3rd string affiliates and im sticking to the good SI artists(at least they were good at some point coughcappaandugodcough). ice water sux, the only dude who's nice in theodore unit is trife, housegang is wack, hillside scramblers i wack, CCF division is shit, GP wu hasnt really done anything, wu heads seem to like shyheim but i never was impressed by him.

i mean for real....the a'land aint shit.

famenchuan
06-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Guys that are putting out material.

Loung Lo (his crew the stone rangers)
Fes Taylor
GP- working on new album
Heart Fondation (Fes Taylor and Mr. Prrezident)
The Warriors
King Just (probably has loads of shit in the vaults) look out for album "return of the redi"
solomn childs

theirs a shit load more, they are just underground or they keep alot of material to themselves abd only give you a taste every once in a while.

I would love to hear what material rns has after all these years. He's probably got like 10 albums worth of shit.

JerseyIronman
06-21-2008, 02:19 AM
"staten island sucks" lol
i thought your were speaking in general

SI is alright as far rap artist output, i think it does pretty well considering its... by far the most suburban of the five boroughs.

Edgar Erebus
06-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Force MC's/MD's justify it's existence.

And don't start with "they ain't active now" bullshit.

THE W
06-29-2008, 05:46 PM
so what classic albums has RNS produced. not pretty good, CLASSIC...?

im not talking about quuatity in artists and if i was the other boroughs would own SI in that too. im talking about how many memorable artists are in staten island who have put out memorable material.

quality over quantity, even though SI would lose badly in both.

junius
06-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Staten has great pizza, steep hills, some hot trashy chicks, interesting wetlands & shoreline ...

... that's about it.

BUT, Wade, you have to consider demographics: there aren't a lot of people and there aren't many black folks. (Ya'll want to start an argument about white S.I. hip-hop... feel free.) Look at it like this: Bed-Stuy alone is nearly as populous as Staten Island.

The bigger question I'm surprised more people here haven't asked is where the fuck is BK at? There has to be talent in the kids but... Papoose blew it, Fabolous never had, Uncle Murda is & always will be a joke. I'm hyped for the new Shabazz/Razah but both those guys are pushing 40; likewise Boot Camp, whom I love.

Now that the Diplomats shit is almost over, I hope the kids get back on the mic for real; I've tried to be tolerant in the past but that Pete Goddamn Rock put Jim Motherfucking Jones first on his last cd says everything about what a sorry ass city this became. I don't want any wackass Jay imitators but it'd be great if there were kids trying to sound like Busta or even Guru. If there's any question where I stand, everyone in Dipset is ass save Cam & maybe Hell Rell for a guest verse. The rest of those jackoffs ruined things waaaay more than haters claimed 50 did.

Anyway, hat's weird is the talent MUST be there but it's seems not to be coming up; maybe J-Ronin can tell us more?

p/s: Saigon still sucks & he's what-- fifth best mc on "Rising Down"?

Lil' Ruger
06-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Staten has great pizza, steep hills, some hot trashy chicks, interesting wetlands & shoreline ...

... that's about it.

BUT, Wade, you have to consider demographics: there aren't a lot of people and there aren't many black folks. (Ya'll want to start an argument about white S.I. hip-hop... feel free.) Look at it like this: Bed-Stuy alone is nearly as populous as Staten Island.

The bigger question I'm surprised more people here haven't asked is where the fuck is BK at? There has to be talent in the kids but... Papoose blew it, Fabolous never had, Uncle Murda is & always will be a joke. I'm hyped for the new Shabazz/Razah but both those guys are pushing 40; likewise Boot Camp, whom I love.

Now that the Diplomats shit is almost over, I hope the kids get back on the mic for real; I've tried to be tolerant in the past but that Pete Goddamn Rock put Jim Motherfucking Jones first on his last cd says everything about what a sorry ass city this became. I don't want any wackass Jay imitators but it'd be great if there were kids trying to sound like Busta or even Guru. If there's any question where I stand, everyone in Dipset is ass save Cam & maybe Hell Rell for a guest verse. The rest of those jackoffs ruined things waaaay more than haters claimed 50 did.

Anyway, hat's weird is the talent MUST be there but it's seems not to be coming up; maybe J-Ronin can tell us more?

p/s: Saigon still sucks & he's what-- fifth best mc on "Rising Down"?

wow i didn't think it possible that even an opinion could be wrong but you have proven ME wrong. good job on that. bk hmmmm maino papoose is a fukkin G.O.D uncle murder is just good too me for some reason even tho he aint rly got mad lyrics....ur a joke dipset is ass? jr writer 40 cal juelz? u have the audacity to say hell rell is a maybe....when i read dat i was like NIGGA (pause) what the fuck r YOU thinking?

12weLvE
06-29-2008, 10:18 PM
ur a joke dipset is ass? jr writer 40 cal juelz? u have the audacity to say hell rell is a maybe....when i read dat i was like NIGGA (pause) what the fuck r YOU thinking?

DIP SET SUCKS!!!!!!

Sgt Holly Wood
06-30-2008, 01:06 AM
co sign ^

12weLvE
06-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Arent a lot of West Coast rappers (ex. Tupac and Ice T) not born on the west coast?? But, they are still considered West Coast rappers becasue they lived there and thats what they repped. I guess the dame will apply to the whole clan. I consider the whole Wu Staten Island.

Rame
06-30-2008, 09:29 AM
DIP SET RULEZZZ!!!!!!

Co-signed.

12weLvE
06-30-2008, 09:46 AM
DAMN I hate fucking DIP SET, those mother fuckers are clowns... they all suck with their laffy taffy fake ass ganster raps... "I eat a tuddy frutiy, I go loony looney" FUCK DIPSET

Co-Sign :mexico:

TSA
06-30-2008, 09:54 AM
only geeks hate dipset

Staten Island does suck though, now doubt, they got half of wu but out side of that nothing.

but when you think about the size of queens you would think they would have more rappers as well but dont.

NY is just weak and lazy

Afficial_Nastee
06-30-2008, 10:10 AM
but when you think about the size of queens you would think they would have more rappers as well but dont.

NY is just weak and lazy

Rappers/producers from Queens : Kool G Rap, Nas, AZ , Mobb Deep, Infamous Mobb, Onyx, Marley Marl etc.

Lil' Ruger
06-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Co-signed.

co co-signed

"i'm so fly i should have been born with a parachute" fukkin crazy lines hell rell is most deffo my dude.....

and jr writer said sum shit like ..."ya moms aunt all in the drop thats what i call a chicken coupe lolz" they fukkin bannanaz my dude.....and 40 cal is a monster....

STYLE
07-02-2008, 05:36 AM

NY is just weak and lazy

uhhhh....queens is mostly white suburban. :list:

TSA
07-02-2008, 07:44 AM
did know that, tho it's safe to assume, but its also has the largest prahjecks in america

ny is still weak

STYLE
07-02-2008, 12:14 PM
no doubt about the watery consistency of the big apple. more like applesauce now.
but in ny's defense, the city itself is not to be fucked with. it is still the greatest metropolitan area on planet earth. then chicago.

i love ny. 24hr everything.

now a New York wucorp meet and greet would be dope.

TSA
07-02-2008, 12:16 PM
i thought Tokyo was?

Rame
07-02-2008, 12:20 PM
now a New York wucorp meet and greet would be dope.

If I have the possibility at the time, I'll go.

SKAMPOE
07-02-2008, 12:27 PM
sum one got mawled by to pit bulls yesturday in staten island lol

TSA
07-02-2008, 12:31 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/nj2/madcuties/ugod.jpg

SKAMPOE
07-02-2008, 12:47 PM
cant see shit captn

Marlo Stanfield
07-02-2008, 11:30 PM
to whomever asked who said "i heard its not where youre from but where you pay rent, then its not how much you make, but how much you spend"

outkast - atliens im pretty sure

THE W
07-04-2008, 09:40 PM
RZA, Gza, ODB, and MK repped brooklyn just as much if not more than staten. Rza is currently paying rent out in cali so are we gonna say he's a california artist?

"home is where the heart is" dont know who said that but i know this saying has been around long before the advent of hiphop.

oDoUoSoKo
07-05-2008, 11:00 PM
i live in BK and am going to school in SI, nothing wrong with SI

MonkeySmuggler
07-05-2008, 11:21 PM
its not [about] where your from, its where you pay rent
so all wu cats apply ;)

who said this? im thinking guru

2ygqj3RbHFU

tekunique
07-08-2008, 01:41 AM
no doubt, if Wu didnt rep and put shaolin on the map SI's dopeness in hip hop would be suspect. the fact that wu made it relevant is enuff to be able to hang with the other 4 boros of nyc.

wade : rza was born in bk but lived in SI for a while...

SHAoLiN LoRD
07-11-2008, 12:28 PM
You Wade, your comments on my home are unneccessary.

your so wak, you don't even list your location is. Where ever it is a say it sucks too.

bottom linem you would not last 1 day on staten island.

Jammin
07-11-2008, 12:32 PM
http://www.musicremedy.com/webfiles/artists/Eamon/Eamon-10-big.jpg