PDA

View Full Version : The State of Rap Music Summed Up in a Verse

maestro wooz
06-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Songs called Broken Now by LA Symphony off the Prince Paul Hip Hop Gold Dust album. I dont know when it was written, but to me it seems very apt for how things are today.

Slowly the pressure beats, and slowly disappointment creeps, and to the post of a major release, way overdue and incomplete, I speak the speech that reaches ground zero to mountain peaks, but this is only if music biz politics dont take place, Instead it seems that we embrace, industry rules and let em shape, our works of art, we call it smart, when hip hop is now replaced, by classic case of common place, waste the chance to ground break, enjoy the taste of what could have been fresh but clearly not the best

Longbongcilvaringz
06-24-2008, 01:25 AM
Yeah, its a good track.

The whole album is pretty good.

Theres a canibus line that sums it up pretty well also.

Robert
06-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Hip hop has never been the same since '88, since it became a profession there's been a misconception that a movement in any direction is progression, even though the potency of it lessens, big money writing cheques to suppress the question.

From memory that's it. Short and sweet.

Koolish
06-24-2008, 03:17 PM
i think all of music has been fucked since the 70s, disco was the sign that things were going to get worse.

Edgar Erebus
06-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I noticed that.

60's and 70's. Only time in history of pop music when taste of mainstream audience coincided with quality artists. Also it's the only time when mainstream was ready to experiment.

I mean, look at this song:
Mb3iPP-tHdA

It was a British No. 1 hit. (Britain was then as important as USA in terms of music industry... if not more).

Can you imagine something made on similar concept making into Hot 100 now?