PDA

View Full Version : This will make you feel insignificant

JASPER
06-24-2008, 08:58 PM
http://www.thecorpse.com/forums/uploads/monthly_06_2008/post-1-1214354947.gif

http://www.thecorpse.com/forums/uploads/monthly_06_2008/post-1-1214354893.gif

And here you are doing nothing of importance.

Ritter
06-24-2008, 09:17 PM
This didn't make me feel insignificant.

I already knew we are just an invisible megapixel in our galaxy.

JASPER
06-24-2008, 09:23 PM
I also knew Earth was tiny compared to other planets, but I didn't know it was this ridiculous.

The Void
06-24-2008, 09:25 PM
In the Urantia book our planet is called Nebadon, which is in the upper right hand side of this map of the Universes.

http://www.luisprada.com/Protected/IMAGES/creator_god_en.gif

Maccabee Ridah
06-24-2008, 09:49 PM
This didn't make me feel insignificant.

I already knew we are just an invisible megapixel in our galaxy.

Yeah, we all knew, and it still makes me insignificant...:D
It just makes me want to travel all round those star planets and whateva, serachin 4 life, and I can't, neither me, nor any1 else for let's say another 100000 years, as I expect after that, they will invent somethin...lol

Peace.........................
-suuuuuuu///

HANZO
06-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Space is truly amazing, i mean i thought the sun was big. that last star is just ridiculous.

The Void
06-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Maccabee, through meditation you can travel astrally.

/theory

Clientele_Kid36
06-24-2008, 11:56 PM
damn im basically nothing lol

Giflord
06-25-2008, 01:28 AM
no wonder why my penis is so small

JerseyIronman
06-25-2008, 02:22 AM
I think whats even crazier, is that in that one picture, where the Earth was simply 1 pixel... thats EVERYTHING we have ever known and will ever know exists.

From the ancient Egyptians to us Wu-tang fans... to our future grandchildren, its what we will forever know & will ever know.

You say we should feel insignificant from this, but as far as we know, we are the only beings who are capable of thought, reason & creating art. As far as we know Earth is the only place where life even exists.

If anything this showed how inconceivably massive our universe, but why havent we heard from a more advanced civilization by now?

i think this, in a way, proves how significant we are.

(and how stupidly massive the universe is)

RzaRectum
06-25-2008, 02:31 AM
^Good way to look at it.

Dusty Bones
06-25-2008, 03:01 AM
I think whats even crazier, is that in that one picture, where the Earth was simply 1 pixel... thats EVERYTHING we have ever known and will ever know exists.

From the ancient Egyptians to us Wu-tang fans... to our future grandchildren, its what we will forever know & will ever know.

You say we should feel insignificant from this, but as far as we know, we are the only beings who are capable of thought, reason & creating art. As far as we know Earth is the only place where life even exists.

If anything this showed how inconceivably massive our universe, but why havent we heard from a more advanced civilization by now?

i think this, in a way, proves how significant we are.

(and how stupidly massive the universe is)

i think you answered your own question there. maybe we haven't heard anything from any other civilization is because of the massive size of the universe, and whos to say other civilizations haven't encountered other civilizations.

Edgar Erebus
06-25-2008, 09:21 AM
We have enough imagination to plan astral travels but not enough power to bring our own race in shape.

THAT makes me feel insignificant.

LORD NOSE
06-25-2008, 11:34 AM
.... but why havent we heard from a more advanced civilization by now?

those of us who know better, have

JASPER
06-25-2008, 12:01 PM
You say we should feel insignificant from this, but as far as we know, we are the only beings who are capable of thought, reason & creating art. As far as we know Earth is the only place where life even exists.Maybe, somewhere light years out of reach for us Earthlings, there's a planet that is very similar to ours where humanlike creatures exist who listen to intergalactic hip hop and even have their own internet network where they post funny pictures and have futile arguments about nothing in particular.

The Void
06-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Advanced civilizations like Atlantis and Lemuria (and whoever was before them) destroyed themselves at the height of their evolution in technology.

I'll have to post what I read on Atlantis soon, it was pretty interesting.

edit: lol, shenkie :p

dezmond
06-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Lies, Lies and propaganda........

Im the most significant thing to ever happen in mylife..........

Also wtf you talkin about 'no known aliens'....

they run this shit...

piece

Edgar Erebus
06-25-2008, 01:01 PM
piece
You said everything.

LORD NOSE
06-25-2008, 02:23 PM
there is only life on earth - earth is the only planet with life on it

Edgar Erebus
06-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Isn't it kinda presumptuous to say that?

LORD NOSE
06-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Isn't it kinda presumptuous to say that?

its a joke

Edgar Erebus
06-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Aha, yeah, I'm laughing now. But not at joke. At you.

STYLE
06-25-2008, 05:32 PM
this should make you feel really insignificant

http://assets.goodmagazine.com/uploaded/images/embedded_image/21449/1003027_feature_feature.jpg
where comet sperm comes from.....

Edgar Erebus
06-25-2008, 05:52 PM
What's it, some kind of swinger totem?

Trismegistos
06-25-2008, 05:54 PM
How does it make us insignificant when the universe revolves around each one of us?

Spoon Face
06-25-2008, 06:12 PM
same as other site post with big balls and fire with people living in them all the time will come to see other big balls and laugh with people from other big balls they can with no see before there they look for food and walking things to eat

JASPER
06-25-2008, 06:14 PM
AAAAAAAAH MY HEAD HURT NOW!

god damn you!

JerseyIronman
06-26-2008, 01:30 AM
Other life forms probably do exist somewhere in our universe but the chance of intelligent life being ANYWHERE near us is very slim.

The thought of little green men flying around in saucers is nuts. if there are civilizations more advanced than us out there, they would have sent out communication signals through radio or something by now like we did 40 years ago.

this should make you feel really insignificant

http://assets.goodmagazine.com/uploaded/images/embedded_image/21449/1003027_feature_feature.jpg
where comet sperm comes from.....

who created to-scale model of my penis??

LORD NOSE
06-26-2008, 01:55 AM
Other life forms probably do exist somewhere in our universe but the chance of intelligent life being ANYWHERE near us is very slim.

The thought of little green men flying around in saucers is nuts. if there are civilizations more advanced than us out there, they would have sent out communication signals through radio or something by now like we did 40 years ago.

who created to-scale model of my penis??

they are here already and been here - we expect them to communicate with us in ways we communicate with each other - doesn't work like that - cancer can be a way they communicate with us - its said that some of our thoughts come from Pleiades

Ritter
06-26-2008, 02:05 AM
How does it make us insignificant when the universe revolves around each one of us?

What the fuck? Is this what religion teaches you to scientifically believe?

Trismegistos
06-26-2008, 07:56 AM
What the fuck? Is this what religion teaches you to scientifically believe?

No mate, that was my own comment. But since your so clever why don't you enlighten us and tell us where the center of the universe is and explain how the universe rotates.

LORD NOSE
06-26-2008, 08:28 AM
those that don't be getting it ain't all that smart

Ritter
06-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Who says that universe rotate mate?

Universe is space, and it is expanding, so is the space between galaxies, I believe in that theory. And centre of the universe doesn't have to anywhere... If it's a 'big bang' it was chaotic. So the universe doesn't have to be smoothly shaped at all. So there is no centre of the universe. Maybe there is, but it's certainly not us.

But sorry I used the 'religion' argument. It just sounded spiritual when you said it revolves around us all.

No hate intended.

PEACE

Trismegistos
06-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Who says that universe rotate mate?

Universe is space, and it is expanding, so is the space between galaxies, I believe in that theory. And centre of the universe doesn't have to anywhere... If it's a 'big bang' it was chaotic. So the universe doesn't have to be smoothly shaped at all. So there is no centre of the universe. Maybe there is, but it's certainly not us.

But sorry I used the 'religion' argument. It just sounded spiritual when you said it revolves around us all.

No hate intended.

PEACE

None taken.

People shouldn't feel insignificant. I think a lot of people have been conditioned to feel insignificant in the scheme of things when in fact they are not. We were all given souls, and every living thing is of some significance.

LORD NOSE
06-26-2008, 04:44 PM
None taken.

People shouldn't feel insignificant. I think a lot of people have been conditioned to feel insignificant in the scheme of things when in fact they are not. We were all given souls, and every living thing is of some significance.

even one roach

Ritter
06-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Roaches are immune to very high doses of radiation.

They should feel significant. They're better than humans in that area.

Trismegistos
06-27-2008, 02:23 AM
even one roach

Yes even one roach is of some significance. Every living thing has a functional purpose. Everything forms part of what is, a sort of cosmic balance comprised of all things.

RzaRectum
06-27-2008, 05:11 PM
even one roach
Yea, even one roach.. But let me find one in MY house.

I'll signify the life of a roach that goes there

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1105/1322877007_e6bed8fff7.jpg

VZA
06-27-2008, 05:14 PM
This made me feel less insignificant in a way. Now I know that if I do something deemed by society to be useful, it will be fuck all compared to all this other shizz going on in space, so I can just be a lazy fuck.

RzaRectum
06-27-2008, 05:17 PM
they are here already and been here - we expect them to communicate with us in ways we communicate with each other - doesn't work like that - cancer can be a way they communicate with us - its said that some of our thoughts come from Pleiades
Can you elaborate more on this?

LORD NOSE
06-27-2008, 05:27 PM
with the cancer thing i'm saying that some of these "things" that cause dis-ease can be from another place in space

its said that some of the beings from pleiades control some of our thoughts

RzaRectum
06-27-2008, 05:38 PM
with the cancer thing i'm saying that some of these "things" that cause dis-ease can be from another place in space

its said that some of the beings from pleiades control some of our thoughts
Things like what?

Who said beings from pleiades control some of our thoughts?
Is it possible our thoughts just tune into the same frequencies of other individuals (like the receiver to a radio station).?
But even so, why wouldn't a person have control of his own thoughts?
If one was receptive to such thought control, would he be forced to act on it?

LORD NOSE
06-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Things like what?

Who said beings from pleiades control some of our thoughts?
Is it possible our thoughts just tune into the same frequencies of other individuals (like the receiver to a radio station).?
But even so, why wouldn't a person have control of his own thoughts?
If one was receptive to such thought control, would he be forced to act on it?

things that cause dis - ease in man - living organisms on a microscopic level

its said that beings from pleiades can control some of our thoughts in a book i read -

its possible

why wouldn't a person have control over his own thoughts ?
because his own thoughts are bigger than him - taking in too much too fast and not able to process it before it manifest as action -

STYLE
06-28-2008, 09:09 PM
roaches ants flies rats and worms are nature's janitors.

a very important job.

dezmond
06-29-2008, 12:30 PM
You said everything.

?

ALCATRAZ
06-30-2008, 02:29 AM
no wonder why my penis is so small
lmfao!!!!! hahaha