PDA

View Full Version : Tha Carter 3 >>> Digi Snacks

Krish
06-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Since we are all making threads about Digi Snacks I thought I should jump on the bandwagon and start another thread about this overrated pile of shit...Digi Snacks. Well, here we have two releases which have both had their fair share of hate and love. I have always wondered why Lil Wayne gets so much hype and praise and since Tha Carter 3 has the title of being 'Most Anticipated Album of 2008' I thought to myself that I had to listen to the whole album to see what the fuss was all about. On the other hand I knew what the RZA was capable of and expected a great (if not spectacular) album from his alter-ego Bobby Digital so I also listened to that album as Bobby Digital in Stereo was near classic and a great album. I think most people will agree when I say that neither of these albums are classic (Digi Snacks is wayyyy off) but I will now explain why I think that The Carter 3 owns Digi Snacks.

Lyrics

Now I am not a Lil Wayne fan (in fact before this album I thought he was over-hyped bullshit to the fullest) but there is no denying that he has got some great lines. I was blown away with some of his punchlines and metaphors he used on the album. RZA is a hit or miss kinda dude. Some shit he comes out with sounds pretty dope (when he just spits a load of nonsense very quickly) but then he comes out with some next shit which sounds lame. Most people don't dig Wayne's tone as they say it sounds like he's high on some shit (probably true) but his drawl adds depth while he shows emotion in his tracks by rapping louder etc. RZA however has a very monotonous voice and although sometimes he speeds up his flow his voice can get very boring to listen to. Oh and the weed carriers in Digi Snax are shit and Thea's singing can brake muthafukin mirrors it is that bad (just a bad Erykah Badu impression)

Production

Ahhhhh. Now check it...I thought there was going to be a clear winner here (Digi Snacks) as the production line up for Tha Carter looked kind of weak Swizz Beatz etc. But once I listened Digi Snacks I was very unimpressed with the beats on there. They sounded like they were done by an eight year old and considering RZA's knowledge and skill of music production it seemed that they were average at best. Surprisingly other producers on the album (not David Banner) especially King Tech provided the best among the LP. Funnily enough David Banner produced a track on each album and they both are utterly retarded (Straight Up The Block gets the upperhand then La La but they both suck) The production on Tha Carter ranges from tracks from heavyweights in the hiphop industry such as Kanye and The Alchemist and also from not so familiar producers such as Maestro, Bangladesh and Deezle (who are actually pretty decent). These tracks are more creative and more importantly they WORK. Yes, RZA your production has become absolute trash since you have tried this new emo, bass, guitar shit. We need that gully shit nigga...I guess that the old RZA has died.

Final Verdict

Digi Snax suffers from lack of stellar production that we should expect from RZA and also MOST of the guests are straight garbage. Lil Wayne actually suprised me with Tha Carter 3 and while its no masterpiece it is actually a well executed album and TOTALLY SHITS ON DIGI WACK.

P.s. I know I will get hate for this but this is the truth muthafukaz and you all know its true. Rae & Ghost said it...RZA sucks...even lame-ass Pharrell drops more heat then this hippie muthafuka and I would choose Kanye beats instead of this shit. HAHHA just imagine the lame shit he is going to drop with his corny, goth punk shitass group 'Achozen' (HAHAH what kind of lame name is that for a group) hahaha that album is going to be a pile of shit.

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-26-2008, 05:09 PM
lgFcZEv2AiI

Gitche Manito
06-26-2008, 05:21 PM
goth punk

Nice.

Ritter
06-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Just no.

Reiko
06-26-2008, 05:28 PM
I don't like Digi Snax but Carter III ain't better

MAYOR QUIMBY
06-26-2008, 05:32 PM
"The Carter 3" is another prime example of wasted beats. The beats are sick, the lyrics and delivery are complete, raw ass-haired bull cunt.

Digi Snax is just whackity whack.

MAYOR QUIMBY
06-26-2008, 05:33 PM
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/646/guitarvschefrf3.gif

Haha

Edgar Erebus
06-26-2008, 05:49 PM
^^ Man somehow I can't even laugh at that clown no more.

Krish
06-27-2008, 07:06 AM
^^ Yes that shit still makes me laugh

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
06-27-2008, 07:45 AM
Norway

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-27-2008, 03:34 PM
^^^^^This must be the purpose of your life. To have witty oneliners on a forum.

Great showcase of verbal skillz, mate!

Krish
06-27-2008, 05:25 PM
^^^^Am I missing something here....?

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-27-2008, 05:36 PM
That was meant for the village idiot from Greece, not you

Edgar Erebus
06-27-2008, 05:38 PM
"Village idiot" is trademarked brand name on this forum, reserved ... you can't use it whichever way you want.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Oh? For whom it is reserved?

I'll just call him Mary Tech Olsen then..

Edgar Erebus
06-27-2008, 05:41 PM
A certain Mark Mayoya. You're too young to remember him, tho...

Neki novi klinci, neki novi klinci...

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Mah, I discovered the Corp. too soon. Heh.

I think I heard something about him....I gotta check my sources....