PDA

View Full Version : Theories on the Universe

Koolish
06-26-2008, 07:23 PM
so i asked my step brother about the universe, and he didn't stop talking.

what i got was that stephen hawking said that every time a black hole is formed there's another universe formed within/without it. and in some alternate universe a white hole simultaneously exists.

in the centre of every galaxy is a supermassive black hole who's heart is called the singularity where all space/time/physics are destroyed.

it could be that for every option you ever have at every moment throughout all time a universe exists for each specific option.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-26-2008, 09:27 PM
so are the hottest most vibrant stars white holes???? Is it possible that within our own universe and not some alternate universe (maybe on the other side of it, its very big) that if you enter a black hole you are emitted out of a star???

Since we know how stars form (i think...do we?) this theory is debunked....but yea, there are alot of fascinating possiblilites you could discuss...the only problem is that none of us have the answer.

PLus there is the whole matter vs. anti-matter thing.....and if you saw your ant-self, don't shake hands cuz you will be vaporized.

Everything is connected, yet there are barriers that protect us from things that we are ultimately 'connected' too.

Koolish
06-28-2008, 02:18 AM
nah it's that in a literal alternate universe, i guess the backwards of us, they don't have black holes but white holes.

STYLE
06-28-2008, 03:32 PM
a white hole makes no sense.... a black hole is black because light cannot escape it.

in this negative opposite universe, light would be emitted from the white hoie. which would imply that the laws of gravity are reversed which in turn would fuck that whole universe up.

i do think that alternate realities are created by the mind.

Koolish
06-28-2008, 04:01 PM
that's the thing though, we don't know if each universe could have different laws of physics, our laws aren't fully correct.

i saw in some other post they found a galaxy which according to the current laws of physics is too large to exist.

Edgar Erebus
06-28-2008, 05:12 PM
so are the hottest most vibrant stars white holes????

Nah, any white hole hasn't been discovered yet.

Edgar Erebus
06-28-2008, 05:20 PM
a white hole makes no sense.... a black hole is black because light cannot escape it.

in this negative opposite universe, light would be emitted from the white hoie. which would imply that the laws of gravity are reversed which in turn would fuck that whole universe up.

i do think that alternate realities are created by the mind.

I had an article somewhere that proved that white hole is a logical consequence of known laws of physics that lead to black holes, but I lost it somewhere.

I'll go to library tomorrow and try to find it.

STYLE
06-28-2008, 05:35 PM
not to change the subject but i find it funny that some scientists
would have us believe in things like multiple universes, 7 unseen extra dimensions, strings...
but yet can't believe in God because there is no evidence.

Trismegistos
06-28-2008, 06:43 PM
would have us believe in things like multiple universes, 7 unseen extra dimensions, strings...

Good observation and I agree.

Koolish
06-29-2008, 12:10 AM
hehe yeahh true true.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-29-2008, 01:48 AM

I dont know.....if you read some of the scientists and take in their opinions, most say that some 'higher power' must be responsible for all this....even the greatest scientific minds are baffled by the complexity of the universe. Hawking is one.

STYLE
06-29-2008, 01:07 PM
i don't understand why god and evolution don't mix?

Olive Oil Goombah
06-29-2008, 03:51 PM
i dont know....probably cuz each side is still searching for an answer they cannot and maybe will never find. One is based in faith, the other in logic yet both are essentially seeking the same thing.

STYLE
06-29-2008, 06:13 PM
i see the answer in the life of a frog.

cell
fish
land animal

also the in fact that most mammal fetuses look identical

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-29-2008, 07:12 PM
i don't understand why god and evolution don't mix?

Its not as simple as you make it sound. The real original theory of natural selection is complex and intricate. Its not a question right now of "mixing" God with Natural selection, how are we supposed to mix an etheral idea such as God with a factual science such as Natural Selection. We have evidence of one, but not of the other, why would you be so keen to try and mix the 2.

Im guessing youve never actually read Darwin's Origin of Speicies front 2 back, otherwise you wouldnt say things like that. Darwin was the son of a minister, and was a preist himself early in his life. But he considered it 2 seperate things. Yo gotta understand the process of natural selxion properly before you can comment. its not as simple as you read in modern news articles. theres more factors involved than that, its not just one thing going into another.

STYLE
06-29-2008, 07:34 PM
how did you get all of that from my comment?

you assume too much.

there are many concepts that are considered science that are just as ethereal as god.

see the theory of everything or strings & black holes.

KERZO
07-12-2008, 08:23 AM
yeah i fond it odd that people cant relate god and science. people tend to think of god as a person and thats where they begin to get it wrong. a good saying is 'god is everything' cos then you can say even science is god,etc...