PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest Civilization Of All Time

TSA
06-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Which and Why?

I'll Say Egypt. They were ions ahead of anything around them and till this day we can't match their achievements. They also knew nearly everything we know today, some say more, everyone of these civilzation have been #1 at one point or another, but Egypt did it for 4000 years.
damn.

next i would say Great Britain. It did what ever nation wishes to do an an unmatched level. It conquered to world, rule the oceans, created the outline of the world to come for the next 600 years, and gave birth to industrialization which is the biggest 180 the world has ever done since the agricultural revolution.

then 3rd would be china, for the same reason as the pervious two and longevity, it's just the other 2 did what they did bigger and better

then America because no other civilization has been this much richer, and this much stronger then everything around it. If America wanted to take over the entire world it can very well do, if it wanted to end the world, same thing. In WWII it was producing half of everything produced in the world. damn.

STYLE
06-28-2008, 07:33 PM
all praises due to Krakah, the white man is GOD.

america cause we got doritos and capri suns, we have so much food we invented anorexia and we kill off whole nations just to steal their shit.

if that ain't all time greatness what is?

TSA
06-28-2008, 07:33 PM
^yeah, but i expect a better reason then that because every nation on this list has done the same.

TSA
06-28-2008, 07:52 PM
why is that pale

HANZO
06-28-2008, 08:05 PM
I say China. reason is cause the west learnt soo much from them. The Chinese dynasties lasted for thousands of years. thats what separates them from Egypt. As soon as Alexander stepped foot in Egypt they lost, and have never done anything significant since. China survived the Mongols. Thats saying alot. They have always been around, but because their from the East their importance is overshadowed by the western civilizations. They also named a bunch of barbarians as Turks. so i give em respect for that.

STYLE
06-28-2008, 08:07 PM
skittles and mountain dew were not in the egyptian diet plan.
american wins again

god bless america sha krakah.

STYLE
06-28-2008, 08:17 PM
egyptian dynasties
2950bc-332bc

chinese dynasties
2100BC-1911AD

american dynasties
1776-infinty

11th Chamber
06-28-2008, 10:38 PM
China

for a few of the same reasons that Han mentioned

Edgar Erebus
06-28-2008, 10:58 PM
China, for Han's reasons plus this:

1000 years before feudalism developed in Europe China put an end to its feudalism.

They were literally 2000 years ahead of Europe in social development.

(Mongols really fucked up.)

GreenPoop!
06-29-2008, 02:50 AM
I choose China as well. Thought about Rome & Egypt.

The Void
06-29-2008, 03:23 AM
Atlantis. They used all types of crystals for healing any wounds or emotional problems a person may have had, balancing chakras, etc. Children didn't belong to two people (parents), they belonged to the whole group and were taught the same things the elders knew. Men and women were able to love whomever they wanted without guilt or consequence. Some crystals were used to open vortices for travel to other galaxies, most of the inhabitants of Atlantis came from other worlds. The Mayans returned to their original galaxy through this vortex. During a war with what is believed to be Lemuria, the Fire Crystals were damaged causing what is now known as the Bermuda Triangle. After the war the people moved to other parts of Earth. The 12 Tribes of Israel originated here. Some believe that the Blackfoot and Cherokee Tribes originated here as well.

*Material taken from Frank Alper's Exploring Atlantis book.

TSA
06-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Ok no bullshit Atlantis shit. Im talking about the real damn world not no gayness.

Atlantis was the Narnia of it's time, in 4000 years your decendants are gonna me talking about how Gotham City was the greatest civilization of all time cause they will have your douche bag gene in their DNA

DUMBO
06-29-2008, 11:29 AM
wtf. america can't even take over a slice of indochina, or a remote section of dilapitated west asia.

america is hella-weak. they just look good on paper.

my vote goes to the somalians - hot ass wimmen and therefore no. 1.

TSA
06-29-2008, 11:42 AM
America can literally evaporate those gays in the blink of an eye.

Ritter
06-29-2008, 11:56 AM
No Sumeria? They had mathematics, writing, their religion and myths.

They were quite the civilization. They had great cultural value in my opinion. And that would be my choice. But only because they are 7 thousand years old as a civilization.

I voted for Greece though. Their cultural heritage is unprecedented, and their temples and arenas were magnificent. They had politics, cities, technology, knowledge, literature, currency, military, construction, architecture and everything. Their mythology was too deep. While other kids read Alice In Wonderland, fairy tales and shit while they were really young, I read Greek Myths. I was just amazed since I was a kid. Their wonders, the Statue of Zeus, The Colossus...

Second choice would be America. They achieved world recognition in just 150 years or so. They didn't have history. All of a sudden, they were a world force.

Well it isn't all of a sudden, but it was pretty swift.

PEACE

Olive Oil Goombah
06-29-2008, 12:04 PM
IMpossible to say which is the greatest. I guess you could single out your personal favorite.

Surprising that China got alot of these votes, but they indeed were so far ahead of everyone and then became fully stagnated.

I think the problem with most all of these civilizations is that what they do becomes so successful that it eventually becomes exploited to the point where new ideas no longer spring forth and they do not adapt to world changes well.
I think this was especially the case with China.

I personally can't choose a greatest or favorite. Each had their own contributions that were vital to success. The Greeks I guess I would say or Egypt.

STYLE
06-29-2008, 01:44 PM
yup china WILL BE #1 again very soon.

1.6 billion and growing about 1/3 of the world pop

1million man infantry.

funded the iraq war. will collect on the US debt

Olive Oil Goombah
06-29-2008, 05:09 PM
yea...they fell behind cuz they didnt get on board with the industrial revolution. Some of their new cities are truly amazing.

I worry about them tho. I don't find them to be these philosophical giants they used to be anymore. Although I actually think that their population is a hinderance to their power. Their army is large but still not as technological advanced.
It will be interesting to see what China becomes. How long Communism will last and how much of an influence it will have over the country. And if it falters, can they make a smoother transition into free market capitalism than the Russians did.

And then of course what will their foreign policy be like?? Will the old rivalries with Japan spring back up? Will they press into the former Soviet republics and Turkey and will they find some new source of energy or force their way into the Mid East?

That would definitely mean war and the USA, if they ever would use nukes again would do it in a situation like that...cuz China is willing to let their 'infantry' be slaughtered...numbers dont matter, they have so many (see Russia). THe USA won't do that..they dont have the raw numbers but also, they value their soldiers more than the Chinese.
Will it be another Cold War??

My opinion is that, while we talk about the lenght of Great Civilizations, nowadays just like everything else in life, they are sped up and the life span of superpowers will never be as long.

The question also is this....if and when the USA falls, what becomes of it?? Does it break up? If so how?
I always thought that eventually the United States would break up into different countries.
Still, I dont see that happening, at least not in my lifetime. America is an ideology in and of itself and alot of people in this world agree with it in principle. I do. and the millions of immigrants who came here do and continue to believe it.
We will see if the US can adapt to its changing world.

HANZO
06-29-2008, 05:38 PM
China's foreign policy will be its downfall. I highly doubt they will get much of a sniff at the energy reserves in central asia, unless the Russians stick their noses in. As for the middle east, i expect that place to fuk up to a point that no one would even wanna bother going there.

America will self-destruct. thats how most empires fall.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-29-2008, 05:55 PM
I agree....but i think americas downfall will not be sudden. It may mirror Great Britains if anything. Like a helium filled balloon slowly descending back to the surface.

But then again, had it not been for alliances with the USA, there fall might have been much more drastic.

TSA
06-29-2008, 05:59 PM
i don't see america self destructing

it'll probably just play a lesser position like portugal and spain, but still be intact cause the ideology and culture

i also don't see much of a 'downfall', we just won't be alone in being dominate but will still be up there, like britian today.

i don't see China making anymore 'conquests' and shit like that tho, and their dominance will probably every hands off when it comes to the rest of the world cause that's how it's always been. Taking over land isn't practical anymore, nor is war, even in the age of imperialism the british parliment had an almost unanimous consensus that imperialism wasn't benefitting the country at all cause it's more work then gain, and that they would earn just as much by just trading and having a few strategic outposts.

so i don't see china expanding its territory, just developing itself and not really getting involved with the rest of the world unless its by trade.
China's rise will also be the raise of several countries that will benefit from it's trade and will increase industry in places like africa and latin america

STYLE
06-29-2008, 06:12 PM
china has unity. that will keep them together. not unity in ideals or policy, but genetic unity. they feel very strongly about this. it is diff to divide and conquer on this level.
money will have to be the wedge to separate.

foreign policy is overexaggerated or overreported in the west. America has some of the illest international hustles and pimp tactics that get zero press in the west but are all over the east.

china gets nat resources from within its own nation and help from africa, Venezuela and russia. i don't think it will be a problem.

money will break communism. communism becomes a roadblock to economic growth sfter a certain point. communism was ness to bring them out of the iron age. there are still folks there living in cliff caves, picking rice, and using tools that were invented 1000s of years ago. some parts of china are still just as they were 100AD no lie.

right now is a great time for china because as the conditions change, so does the people. they are an elderly population. the ones riased on mao and old traditions will be gone soon.
the next generation is being raised in the new economy, world view and politics.

STYLE
06-29-2008, 06:15 PM
the asia/africa/latin connection will be world order changing if asllowed to flourish.

i doubt that it will happen. thats not a good look for the gods. sha Krakah

TSA
06-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Asias demand for shit (which will be 10X greater then europes) will pull africa and latin america up just like how the west's demand for shit will pulled up asia

after a while i don't think china will be able to even met it's own industrial demand, let alone natural resource demand (which it currently doesnt)

the US doesn't even met it's own industrial demand and almost everything is outsourced and imported with services holding the local economy

i think its will be the era where countries in latin america africa and the middle east will raise to fill china's demand cause after and certain point of development, when the middle class exceeds the rich and the lower class significantly, it will become twice the shit hungry gluttonous S.O.B the US is, and this will have it's downsides and upsides, like the US's, add the fact India will be goin through that same phase at the same time and i can see a volume of world trade that we won't even be able to imagine. im talking whole countries dedicated to making 1 brand of shoes.

Edgar Erebus
06-29-2008, 06:23 PM
I agree....but i think americas downfall will not be sudden. It may mirror Great Britains if anything. Like a helium filled balloon slowly descending back to the surface.

Britain's downfall WAS sudden.

They entered WWII internationally recognized as No.1 power (with Germany and USSR running up), expanding on over 25% of the land, with most powerful navy and most powerful colonial/neocolonial network in the world.

They exited WWII as an exhausted small island nation with compromised reputation, spread too thin on too much area, disintegrating on about every level.

And in TWENTY years it was limited on one island, a portion of another (who was to break away as well at that time) and scattered unimportant settlements in Oceania.

STYLE
06-29-2008, 06:27 PM
hmmm....republic of nike, zoomtown.

but do you think that is in the best interest of the worldpowers that be?
i mean the suppression of africa and latin america is what keeps the west, esp, USA afloat.

see world banc

TSA
06-29-2008, 06:27 PM
i'd say britains fall was the suddenest on the list, but it's not completely gone and still very powerful and influential

Olive Oil Goombah
06-29-2008, 06:42 PM
I suppose it was fast but i meant in terms of collapse. Its not like the country has disbanded or been taken over.

The so called suppression of Latin america and places in africa only seem that way cuz they failed to grasp the American model like Japan and Germany have. They are responsible for as much blaim as American policies.

TSA
06-29-2008, 06:43 PM
hmmm....republic of nike, zoomtown.

but do you think that is in the best interest of the worldpowers that be?
i mean the suppression of africa and latin america is what keeps the west, esp, USA afloat.

see world banc
right, but it will happen and is inevitable. the surpession of asia also helped to, but that's not gonna be the case anymore and there's nothing they can do about it.

ppl dont realize development is an organic system of, for lack of better words, coincidences, that set off like a domino effect.

a country develops by making cheap consumer goods for a large market. the first was britain making cloths for the world, then after the money's stacked high enough they go into a stage where their demand is to high to meet their production since the rich and middle class and by nature over indulgent.

that's when they create a demand for more fly shit and another country rises up to fill the void because the first country's demand has become overblown and past a substance level.

that when Germany and the US rose, cause at first they were making cheap british shit knock offs to sell to the british, like the chinese are doing to us and the koreans and japanese did to us long ago.

now, when china reaches that level where the middle class is dominant like our country, their demand for shit will be 10x that of the US's, and the only other places to get cheap shit from developing countries will me other asian countries, then africa and the middle east.

there will also by a HUGE demand for raw minerals that asia and africa are packed with.

add India going through that phase at the same time, since they're developing at the same time, and it's all gravy train from there.

also a part of industrialization is specialization, it's the back bone. China has already made cities specially made for 1 compnay like Nike Town like you said.

it makes you more productive to focus all your resources in one industry as opposed to scatter them developing several that you don't have a competitive advantage in.

the demand from a strong Chinese and Indian middle class can only be feed by strict specialization, and someone will figure that out eventually.

but it won't be all of africa and all of latin america, just a strategic few that will go through the same cycle and develop the rest of them

since the west developed before and age of intense asian demand, i see them being more at the bottom of the barrel when global wealth is more even distributed.

that and the fact that they don't have that many natural resources, and when they do they have to use it for themselves, plus the things they will be producing industrially will and can be produced elsewhere for cheaper and better as we are seeing now.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-29-2008, 06:49 PM
i think its will be the era where countries in latin america africa and the middle east will raise to fill china's demand cause after and certain point of development, when the middle class exceeds the rich and the lower class significantly, it will become twice the shit hungry gluttonous S.O.B the US is, and this will have it's downsides and upsides, like the US's, add the fact India will be goin through that same phase at the same time and i can see a volume of world trade that we won't even be able to imagine. im talking whole countries dedicated to making 1 brand of shoes.

Yes, I agree. This genetic unity stuff, how did that work for Nazi Germany? the 'new generation' style mentioned and the liberalization of China will only attract different people, and we will find out how welcoming the Chinese will be when other races of people are vying for power within THEIR country.
Thats what people don't understand about the mentality of 'Native White Americans'...that isn't a white trait, its a people trait. You find it everywhere.

The industrialization of the whole world...its interesting. Now imagine the possibilities for the different wars based on these countries competition over wealth.....
Europe has already learned its lesson from two World Wars. Most of Europe is sedate now, very liberal.
China doesnt even worry me really. Its the lesser places like India, Pakistan, North Korea.....how will this affect them and how will they react to it.

STYLE
06-29-2008, 06:50 PM
but lets keep it real. the britts came up by snatchin and exporting other niggas shit.
see india africa china west inies usa.

how does england have all that gold without sig. gold deposits?

as far as resources go english land is broke than a muhfukka.

TSA
06-29-2008, 06:52 PM
I suppose it was fast but i meant in terms of collapse. Its not like the country has disbanded or been taken over.

The so called suppression of Latin america and places in africa only seem that way cuz they failed to grasp the American model like Japan and Germany have. They are responsible for as much blaim as American policies.

the suppression of latin america and africa are natural to industry.

picture it this way. the world is one big country, and industrialize ones are the cities and the rest are the rural areas.

what happens to rural areas when cities grow, they shrink, industry leaves, they get over taken, and bascially completely dominated because cities most feed off of rural resources inorder to grow. This also causes the rural area to become dependant economically on the city from import and export.

when britian industrialized it had to sap it's natural resources needed for growth from somewhere, so it built and empire. America did the same thing only we figured out we didn't need huge swaths of land, just company control and free reign in curtain areas, germany also did the same, and so did japan.

they're the cities of the world, but ass cities start to over grow suburbs are built around them and new areas of land are developed for that reason, in response to the spill over of the cities growth and development

in that was, america and britian are spill overs of british wealth, japan is a spill over and america and british wealth, south korea is a spill over of japanese and american wealth, and china is a spill over of american and EU wealth as well. this cycle will continue until there's nothing to spill over

TSA
06-29-2008, 06:55 PM
but lets keep it real. the britts came up by snatchin and exporting other niggas shit.

englands land's brokeness acutally helped it develop. the ppl had to find another means of several and if they can't pull it out of the ground they would have to make it.

since britian had sheep they started textile making, and the textile industry lead to industrialization

same thing helped japan, a lack of land and natural resources is acutal more beneficial, and you don't need natural resources to develop.
Hong Kong is living proof

Britian came up because it had a lot of sheep and nothing else, THEN they started snatchin up niggas

Olive Oil Goombah
06-29-2008, 06:59 PM

you need to get over that shit and move on. It is what it is. They became masters of the sea and contributed their own techniques to the world and now everyone is copying their model. Everyone of these civilizations has taken something from the one before it.

STYLE
06-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Yes, I agree. This genetic unity stuff, how did that work for Nazi Germany? the 'new generation' style mentioned and the liberalization of China will only attract different people, and we will find out how welcoming the Chinese will be when other races of people are vying for power within THEIR country.
Thats what people don't understand about the mentality of 'Native White Americans'...that isn't a white trait, its a people trait. You find it everywhere.

The industrialization of the whole world...its interesting. Now imagine the possibilities for the different wars based on these countries competition over wealth.....

nazi germany was not all aryan. germany is tiny. i'm saying that ALMOST ALL of china is one type of chinese. like if all of europe was sicilian.

america is fucked up because the ideology doesn't match the actions or the common mentality.
how can there be genetic unity in a melting pot?
give me your poor and tired but build a wall blockin them mexicans out.
liberty and justice for all unless the pat.act says otherwise.
the shit is fake.

anyway economic wars have been going on forever. just wait till the water wars begin. then you will see some shit.

on another note, i was listening to NPR, and this dude was talking about the new plans for divvying up international waters due to the fact that the panama canal will not be the only way to get from atlantic to pacific. flood waters from global warming. no north pole ice this summer.

STYLE
06-29-2008, 07:03 PM
you need to get over that shit and move on. It is what it is. They became masters of the sea and contributed their own techniques to the world and now everyone is copying their model. Everyone of these civilizations has taken something from the one before it.

it is what it is.....well what is it?

get over it? i'm not hurt. are you?

tissy said it was cloth. i'm saying imperialism was more significant than any product they had of their own.

you get over me. it is what it is.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-29-2008, 07:05 PM
englands land's brokeness acutally helped it develop. the ppl had to find another means of several and if they can't pull it out of the ground they would have to make it.

since britian had sheep they started textile making, and the textile industry lead to industrialization

same thing helped japan, a lack of land and natural resources is acutal more beneficial, and you don't need natural resources to develop.
Hong Kong is living proof

Britian came up because it had a lot of sheep and nothing else, THEN they started snatchin up niggas

Yes, and Englands lack of resources is what eventually was the precursor to them being the capitalistic force they became. Also, the lack of a solid land owning aristocracy led to more people with minor wealth which led to a House of Commons being a strong force in England/Britain. Thus less restrictions and more room for independent growth and invention.

At their peak, it doesnt surprise me that they looked at other places as inferior for they truly were. But it wasn't due to genetics. Just circumstance, geography and history.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-29-2008, 07:11 PM
it is what it is.....well what is it?

get over it? i'm not hurt. are you?

tissy said it was cloth. i'm saying imperialism was more significant than any product they had of their own.

you get over me. it is what it is.

if you weren't such an immature spoiled brat, you might look at things a little clearer, thats all.

I'd say their navy was their most significant product which allowed for them to become imperialists/businessmen etc.

HANZO
06-29-2008, 07:16 PM
anyway economic wars have been going on forever. just wait till the water wars begin. then you will see some shit.

on another note, i was listening to NPR, and this dude was talking about the new plans for divvying up international waters due to the fact that the panama canal will not be the only way to get from atlantic to pacific. flood waters from global warming. no north pole ice this summer.

Currently they trying to divide up the meditarranean. When you look at the plans, its pretty ridiculous what the Europeans have drawn up. I wont be surprised if some go to war cause of it.

I agree with China being unified and thats there advantage, there only problem is the Uygurs in the region of Xinjiang. I would like to see it separate from China, cause then it gives us Turks a chance to unite our nations. Thats a ridiculous dream though.

Theres sometimes too many powerful obsticles for unification of the races. Arabs can unite easily, but why cant they ??? After WWI the French and English were very smart not to create the proposed Assyria. Cause that single Arab nation would be far too strong to control. Same with Latinos. Turks dnt unite cause of Turkey being stupid.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Racial unifications is iffy at best. I mean between two different groups. It never lasts. Look at Austria-Hungary, Yugoslavia. Then they are going to want to divide it up even smaller like whats happening in Europe since WW2....its like we are reversing the trends going back to small tribes.
ALthough it can work. The Ottoman Empire is a good example of that but that was done thru conquering and not negotiating.

DUMBO
06-29-2008, 09:31 PM
much of west africa was urban prior to colonialism. it is not as though africa represented rural decline associated with urbanization and industrialization elsewhere. west africa declined with the loss of internal markets and enforced import dependency. this is the general story of the british empire: military takeover, destruction of domestic industries and markets, and replacement with cheaply paid primary exports in return for finished imports from the industrializing britain.

british industrialism was not based on its own demand economy.

TSA
06-29-2008, 09:50 PM
You very correct about the west africa thing. west africa was very urban due to trade with the mediterranian, but when that region declined and europe rose the shift occured.

The urban centers in west africa were built from trade with the mediterranian that was opened up by the spread of the camel and islam

when the med. declined and europe rose, the shift of wealth went to the coast due to trade with the europeans, and all the former urban centers were virtually useless(in the sahel)

the richest nation of all time, Mali was in west africa and bloo da fucc up cause it was the source of half of the worlds gold and salt, but it's successor Songhai declined cause trade with the arabs was useless and there was no internal market, just europe, which it didnt have a sea access to.

on the industrialization of britian, it really was born from it's own demand, and world demand i suppose.

the only thing britian had to export was wool and woolish shit. As britain found new ways to pump out wool due to the fact that it was their only life line things like river powered thread factories popped up, and the british were able to make more cloths and blankets and shit then the rest of europe combine. So they flatted the european market, started using their new industrial methods to make other shit and became richer then the rest of europe

also, because they were making more shit then they needed and more then europe needed they begun looking for new places to sell shit to, and so they started doing like the spanish and investing in the new world inorder to find new markets

imperialism really stemmed from creating customers on the economic level.

because Britain is an island, their best form of defense was to protect you sees, so all this extra production power went into the navy. Coincidentally the civilization that controls the seas controls the world, and therefore britian became the Geeohdee.

also, feudalism in britain wasn't as strong or existant as in other parts of europe because feudalism is born from a dire need for protection against marauding fags, and since britian was a unitary island with one government religion and culture there was no need for extra protection. Feudalism holds you back economically so it gave them the edge against mainland europe that was constantly fighting at the time.

also the value of land is the direct core, marker, epicenter, ect. of wealth. Since Britain's land is more limited and it's people able to trade it and navigate it easier then the rest of europe the move from rural to urban is also eased.

If all the land is taken up, and each person has 6 kids in the country for example, what are the other 5 kids gonna do? go make something nigga.

even if the y break the land up, after time it'll be to little to support a family of 6, so go make something nigga.

and that's how it happened, not genetics, history geography, and circumstance

maestro wooz
06-29-2008, 10:08 PM
china also had eunuchs until the 20th century...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/54/Territories_of_Dynasties_in_China.gif

also, china is a series of dynasties that weren't always chinese people so of course theyre gonna look better...A much longer stretch of time is being considered. Chinese history is 3000 thousand years long, while most of the others on this list are a couple hundred years to a thousand. A better comparison would be Western Europe vs. China.

TSA
06-29-2008, 10:21 PM
yeah, me and style got into it about the china being unitary thing a while ago, which its not, but a comparison of china as 1 is fair.

all the other nations listed where amaglamations of nations as well so china isn't a unique case

wuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwu...........(nigga on our left)....

Guarded By Martyrs
06-29-2008, 10:21 PM
No Sumeria? They had mathematics, writing, their religion and myths.

Thats what came to my mind straight away^

Olive Oil Goombah
06-30-2008, 01:30 PM
You very correct about the west africa thing. west africa was very urban due to trade with the mediterranian, but when that region declined and europe rose the shift occured.

The urban centers in west africa were built from trade with the mediterranian that was opened up by the spread of the camel and islam

when the med. declined and europe rose, the shift of wealth went to the coast due to trade with the europeans, and all the former urban centers were virtually useless(in the sahel)

the richest nation of all time, Mali was in west africa and bloo da fucc up cause it was the source of half of the worlds gold and salt, but it's successor Songhai declined cause trade with the arabs was useless and there was no internal market, just europe, which it didnt have a sea access to.

on the industrialization of britian, it really was born from it's own demand, and world demand i suppose.

the only thing britian had to export was wool and woolish shit. As britain found new ways to pump out wool due to the fact that it was their only life line things like river powered thread factories popped up, and the british were able to make more cloths and blankets and shit then the rest of europe combine. So they flatted the european market, started using their new industrial methods to make other shit and became richer then the rest of europe

also, because they were making more shit then they needed and more then europe needed they begun looking for new places to sell shit to, and so they started doing like the spanish and investing in the new world inorder to find new markets

imperialism really stemmed from creating customers on the economic level.

because Britain is an island, their best form of defense was to protect you sees, so all this extra production power went into the navy. Coincidentally the civilization that controls the seas controls the world, and therefore britian became the Geeohdee.

also, feudalism in britain wasn't as strong or existant as in other parts of europe because feudalism is born from a dire need for protection against marauding fags, and since britian was a unitary island with one government religion and culture there was no need for extra protection. Feudalism holds you back economically so it gave them the edge against mainland europe that was constantly fighting at the time.

also the value of land is the direct core, marker, epicenter, ect. of wealth. Since Britain's land is more limited and it's people able to trade it and navigate it easier then the rest of europe the move from rural to urban is also eased.

If all the land is taken up, and each person has 6 kids in the country for example, what are the other 5 kids gonna do? go make something nigga.

even if the y break the land up, after time it'll be to little to support a family of 6, so go make something nigga.

and that's how it happened, not genetics, history geography, and circumstance

Yea, exactly what i was trying to say but much more eloquently put. Nice.

STYLE
06-30-2008, 04:04 PM
I agree with China being unified and thats there advantage, there only problem is the Uygurs in the region of Xinjiang. I would like to see it separate from China, cause then it gives us Turks a chance to unite our nations. Thats a ridiculous dream though.

i hung with uygurs from the nw side of beijing. thats where you get the hashish. delish food too. bbq lamb, naan bread and some pasta all for 45cents. they were some cool ass dudes.

if you weren't such an immature spoiled brat, you might look at things a little clearer, thats all.

you're just jealous
http://www.imamuseum.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/veruca_salt.jpg
I'd say their navy was their most significant product which allowed for them to become imperialists/businessmen etc.
a navy is not a product.

much of west africa was urban prior to colonialism. it is not as though africa represented rural decline associated with urbanization and industrialization elsewhere. west africa declined with the loss of internal markets and enforced import dependency. this is the general story of the british empire: military takeover, destruction of domestic industries and markets, and replacement with cheaply paid primary exports in return for finished imports from the industrializing britain.

british industrialism was not based on its own demand economy.

thats what i'm trying to get them to understand. they are putting the cart b4 the horse.

china also had eunuchs until the 20th century...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/54/Territories_of_Dynasties_in_China.gif

also, china is a series of dynasties that weren't always chinese people so of course theyre gonna look better...A much longer stretch of time is being considered. Chinese history is 3000 thousand years long, while most of the others on this list are a couple hundred years to a thousand. A better comparison would be Western Europe vs. China.

very nice pic btw

just so we are all clear....what is a chinese person?

Olive Oil Goombah
06-30-2008, 04:36 PM
well...what do YOU think is a Chinese person. I can sort of tell a Chink from a Jap from a Korean from a gook....Is it that clear to them??? I dont kno. YOu seem to have some sort of idea from your travels there.

HANZO
06-30-2008, 04:55 PM
i hung with uygurs from the nw side of beijing. thats where you get the hashish. delish food too. bbq lamb, naan bread and some pasta all for 45cents. they were some cool ass dudes.

the food sounds too familiar to me. never met an Uygur, but i kno how to speak it. jus a little modification to my turkish grammar, and im speaking uygur.

ALCATRAZ
06-30-2008, 11:49 PM
egypt founders of mathematics medicine and science

TSA
06-30-2008, 11:59 PM
yea, i also say egypt because the authentically came up with everything they were doing, and anyone wishing to hold the title of 'civilization' copied or advanced on it.

except china, china developed it's shit independantly, but all the otherones built their vines on egypt's stress tree.

maestro wooz
07-01-2008, 02:03 AM
just so we are all clear....what is a chinese person? [/COLOR]

the han are the ethnic people of china, the manchus are an ethnic group from northern china who ruled the last dynasty. Mongols and other ethnic groups from that area ruled china at different times.