PDA

View Full Version : US Covert Involvement in Iran

Visionz
06-29-2008, 04:41 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080629/pl_nm/bush_iran_report_dc

Funding for the covert escalation, for which Bush requested up to $400 million, was approved by congressional leaders, according to the article, citing current and former military, intelligence and congressional sources.

Clandestine operations against Iran are not new. U.S. Special Operations Forces have been conducting crossborder operations from southern Iraq since last year, the article said.

CIA involvement in other countries affairs have been stuck in a viscious cycle for the last 60 or so years. When will the people wake up and make something happen?

Shit like this has never worked before and its not gonna work now, so why even continue with the bullshit? Aside from the ravenous quest for power the actions make no sense at all.

Longbongcilvaringz
06-29-2008, 09:02 AM
I did a fair bit of research in CIA involvement abroad this semester.

I guess the problem is that holding them accountable for their actions is almost impossible given the covert nature of the agency.

beautifulrock
06-29-2008, 09:13 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080629/pl_nm/bush_iran_report_dc

CIA involvement in other countries affairs have been stuck in a viscious cycle for the last 60 or so years. When will the people wake up and make something happen?

Shit like this has never worked before and its not gonna work now, so why even continue with the bullshit? Aside from the ravenous quest for power the actions make no sense at all.

You are silly and misguided if you think the CIA covert operations have not worked before. Sure they have their share of misses, but those are the only ones you hear about. Why do you think Iran's nuclear capabilities aren't stronger than they are? Are they just bad scientists? Or perhaps the CIA has been leaking shotty nuclear parts to the black market? Do a little more research pal. The CIA is responsible for having stopped countless wars.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-29-2008, 12:13 PM
yea...no doubt there is alot of shadyness but they are definitely effective for good AND bad.

Visionz
06-30-2008, 02:34 AM
You are silly and misguided if you think the CIA covert operations have not worked before. Sure they have their share of misses, but those are the only ones you hear about. Why do you think Iran's nuclear capabilities aren't stronger than they are? Are they just bad scientists? Or perhaps the CIA has been leaking shotty nuclear parts to the black market? Do a little more research pal. The CIA is responsible for having stopped countless wars.

So if I only hear about their misses why don't you enlighten me about their success. They're highly effective in the operations I do know about it's just the operations themselves aren't effective (besides those of imperialism)

The drug smuggling industry isn't to the benefit of this country.

The operations they've been running in the middle east since the days of British Petroleum haven't been to the benefit of this country. Why do you think you worried about Iran having nuclear arms??

The funding and training in Afghanistan to fight the Russians didn't work out too well either did it? And that's especially if you're of the mindset that you think Bin Laden was the mastermind behind 9/11.

You should maybe do a little more research yourself. Mine says they're responsible for creating alot more wars than they stop.

The nuke talk is on some Boogie Man bullshit anyways. No one that loves their own lands would fire off a nuke cause they know we'd wipe 'em off the map with nukes of our own in the first place. It's the same assured destruction that stopped us from ever getting to that point with the USSR.

Now go head and defend the empire that's poisoning the communities of its own people. I love how you've got the whole catalog of Wu broken down in your Ipod but still missing some key lessons. How the fuck do people hail the oppressors on a Wu-Tang board anyways?

"My occupation is to stop the inaguration of Satan,
some claim that it was Reagan"

Trismegistos
06-30-2008, 02:39 AM
"My occupation is to stop the inaguration of Satan,
some claim that it was Reagan"

So I've come to slay men, like Bartholomew!

Visionz
06-30-2008, 02:42 AM
So I've come to slay men, like Bartholomew!
:b that's whats up

Memory Man
06-30-2008, 04:34 AM
George Tenet's "slam dunk" quote is well known, but it would seem that at least certain factions of the CIA attempted to stop the invasion of Iraq (Joseph Wilson's New York Times piece and its aftermath.)