Gen Y -echo boomers-83-94
igeneration- 94-2000
???-2000-08

what gen is most significant/ made the greatest impact

which gen is fucking up?

discuss....

VZA
06-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Generation X was culturally one of the most significant. Generation Y had a tech-revolution. Next generation will probably be arseholes.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-30-2008, 01:42 PM
hmmm....i never knew i was part of Gen X. Well, the Baby Boomers have dissapointed in the sense that i dont think they have done a good job as parents for the most part. I think alot were spoiled being raised during the American Economic miracle.

STYLE
06-30-2008, 02:21 PM
there is a blurry line between x&y.

i think my sons gen will make some serious changes. as they will be the ones left holding the bags of economy, environment and world relations.

babyboomers, as one comedian put it, "they told us(babyboom) we were gonna change the world, we did, we made it worse"

they completely dropped the ball on all fronts. how can a hippy turn into a yuppy? a complete flip flop. same for the black activists.

genx seems to be the coolest. we got the last few drops of reality before the assault on the senses began. we actually played outside but yet were exposed to technology at a young age.

its weird cause my childhood was very low tech up right before nintendo came out.
vcr, atm, cellphones, cd, videogames, pcs, cordless phones, digital watches all invented within 10 years. i remember times before cable tv , shit we owned a b/w tv.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-30-2008, 03:39 PM
This is actually a good topic cuz i was thinking about this stuff the other day. My 17 year old cousin and this 18 year old kid both work for us and its interesting to see their perspective on things. I've also befriended a 19 year old girl at my school so i've been exposed to this generation a bit lately.

They all seem relatively like gen x but there are alot of differences. The main one being that they grew up using the internet and cellphones and technology etc.

As a kid, im 26, i remember still having an old black and white tv, never had a cell phone in high school, sparsely used the internet in high school.

I dont kno what that means tho...is it good or bad??

I see little differences like half these kids think lil Wayne is genuinely a great rapper and most have never heard of Ghost or Rae, but that is kind of petty. Every gen. has its own music.

Other than that, I'd say racially they are alot more mixed and tolerant. Black youths now are definately dressing and acting alot different from the time that i grew up. White kids are different too.....its kinda weird.
You got alot more blacks in the suburbs now....interracial shit isn't nearly as taboo as it was.

But the thing i dont like, and i guess m gen. is to blaim for this is that some of these kids aren't kept in check. They seem to really not respect anyone. I just remember us having alot more respect for our elders (do i sound old??).
Plus they are very impatient. They want instant gratification and have little or no patience and short attention spans...i think this is a result of the fast paced, instant internet culture we live in.

im rambling....although i kno im biased but i think Gen X will do alot of great things as we move on. Politically especially at least i hope so. I hope we don't sell out totally.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Interesting quote on wikipedia...especially the end which i think is very true and i often feel the same way about my parents generation.

"they possess only a hazy sense of their own identity but a monumental preoccupation with all the problems the preceding generation will leave for them to fix . . .This is the twenty-something generation, those 48 million young Americans ages 18 through 29 who fall between the famous baby boomers and the boomlet of children the baby boomers are producing. Since today's young adults were born during a period when the U.S. birthrate decreased to half the level of its postwar peak, in the wake of the great baby boom, they are sometimes called the baby busters. By whatever name, so far they are an unsung generation, hardly recognized as a social force or even noticed much at all...By and large, the 18-to-29 group scornfully rejects the habits and values of the baby boomers, viewing that group as self-centered, fickle and impractical. While the baby boomers had a placid childhood in the 1950s, which helped inspire them to start their revolution, today's twenty-something generation grew up in a time of drugs, divorce and economic strain. . .They feel influenced and changed by the social problems they see as their inheritance: racial strife, homelessness, AIDS, fractured families and federal deficits."

Alot of us grew up seeing cities in decay, drug use rampant carried over from the recklessness of baby boomers and their sexual and drug revolution....ANd I agree because i think the baby boomers are highly self centered with their mid-life crisis's....unlike their parents generations.
I just see them as highly spoiled and really not caring about us or what we will be left with when they go...
ANd i think alot of my generation agrees with that.

"While the baby boomers had a placid childhood in the 1950s, which helped inspire them to start their revolution, today's twenty-something generation grew up in a time of drugs, divorce and economic strain. . .They feel influenced and changed by the social problems they see as their inheritance: racial strife, homelessness, AIDS, fractured families and federal deficits."

This quote in particular is EXACTLY how I feel. My parents grew up in two parent households which were very secure financially. Not wealthy, just middle class during a time of great prosperity. They bought cheap cars, partied with drugs and no consequence (or so they thought) and initially thought it would last.
But for me, my parents were on and off seperated and finally divorced, my father had a drug problem he still can't kick, there is more dangerous drugs around, more homeless, AIDS, and economic strain...And my gen. had to feel the wrath of a black community that for years had been tormented by them who let them down with false hopes of civil rights.....If anything, Gen. X is the first generation to really assimilate the races.
No sense of being 'secure'....no sense of guidance. ALot of us have looked to our grandparents for this...while these baby boomers whine and complain about things they USED to have.

SKAMPOE
06-30-2008, 06:27 PM
im a ninties baby,

but the hippie era was my fav, wish i would have been born then,

but yea, my shit was from the 80's to the 2 thousand's nameen drugs n hiphop!

STYLE
06-30-2008, 06:30 PM
im a ninties baby,

but the hippie era was my fav, wish i would have been born then,

but yea, my shit was from the 80's to the 2 thousand's nameen drugs n hiphop!

how you a 90's baby when you were 15 in 1997?

http://world.honda.com/community/northamerica/eaglerock/img/slogan.gif
do duh maff

SKAMPOE
06-30-2008, 06:33 PM
oops lol, i akways get it mixed up, i was born in 1980 so that makes me whut?

SKAMPOE
06-30-2008, 06:34 PM
how you a 90's baby when you were 15 in 1997?

http://world.honda.com/community/northamerica/eaglerock/img/slogan.gif
do duh maff
damn yo u already got 73 posts since u hit the 5k mark lol u tryna beat my avg post per day nigga lol

06-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Generation X was culturally one of the most significant. Generation Y had a tech-revolution. Next generation will probably be arseholes.

church!

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
06-30-2008, 06:43 PM
I am, according to Style's table, a member of Generation X?

How the fuck we're we "culturally one of the most significant"?

06-30-2008, 06:56 PM
I am, according to Style's table, a member of Generation X?

How the fuck we're we "culturally one of the most significant"?

Gen X -mtv generation65-82

so you've spent one year of your life in the 65-82 time period and 11 years in the 83-94 time period, yet you claim to be a member of generation x...

way to go, Einstein!

06-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Gen X -mtv generation65-82

so you've spent one year of your life in the 65-82 time period and 11 years in the 83-94 time period, yet you claim to be a member of generation x...

way to go, Einstein!

That is precisely why I prefaced my statement with "According to Style's table..."

I don't consider myself a member of Generation X, but my membership, or lack there of, in Generation X is of no consequence to my original question.

Allow me to rephrase it:

How the fuck is Generation X "culturally one of the most significant"?

TAURO
06-30-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't see much difference between someone born before 82 (myself) and someone born in 84 (my friend). We were raised on the same shit so I think that comparison between gen x & gen y is a bit inaccurate.

SKAMPOE
06-30-2008, 08:03 PM
i was born in the 80's i was born with hip hop, crack and all dat!

TSA
06-30-2008, 09:29 PM
my generation is dope imo.
All the shit started in the baby boomer generation that was noble and suddenly got dropped as the sold out like a bunch of reagan queers is being continued by use and we have a general distaste for our parents selloutiness

For instance school and career wise were not every motivated. We want to be something that is emotionally forfilling and not just something that will make a lot of money like our parents aimed for, when we are in power there will be a lot of progressive thought and change in the US. We can already see it in the almost universal support for Obama, belief in global warming, and so forth.
we also more open to things like gays and race because were grew up infront of a TV and are used to that shit.

we lean more towards the 'racism doesn't exist anymore' train of thought, but aren't completely stupid and know there's still racists, they're just in the babyboomer generation.

The generation right before ours, stylemasters are more realistic though.
They came through the 80s so their world view isn't every optimistic and they're less likely to believe shit's gonna change cause they were alive during the crumbling of the civil rights movement, reagan, crack, racial tension, the republican revolution and so forth.

the generation below mine has a very vague sense of racial status and shit like that. my brothers generation that is. i work with a lot of them, and they date interracially (not just you typical black guy white girl but shit like asian guy sudanesse girl) more often and don't have the "black ppl are scary" notion. If a black kid cuts in line they'll tell him off the same way they would to a white kid. The popular kids at one school are the kurdish kids.

imagine us having some non english speaking essohbees manage the beloved cool kids table...shiiieett.

HANZO
06-30-2008, 09:37 PM
The popular kids at one school are the kurdish kids.

wat.. da ... fuk...

the bastards have spread to America also. And they have even gained cool status. fukin mountain gypsys 'cool'. the worlds gone mad.

06-30-2008, 09:38 PM
I don't want to live in a world where Kurdish kids are popular.

I'm not sure I even now what a Kurd is, but I'm pretty sure it's sandy and oppressed.

TSA
06-30-2008, 09:42 PM
AHAHAAHAhahaAHAHahahAHhahahaHAHAHHAHAHH!!! some cultures just have a natural swag to them i guess

i can proudly say Igbos, or nigerians in general except hausa and ogonis do every well socially almost anywhere as well, even the bookish geeky ones.

i don't get it. my cousin was prom king and talks like a bitch ass shrimp with acne lol

but yeah, the kurdish kids are the cool ones at this particular school. Vietnamese run my old highschool from what i last heard. Vietnmese and Skrilla Niggs.

HANZO
06-30-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't want to live in a world where Kurdish kids are popular.

I'm not sure I even now what a Kurd is, but I'm pretty sure it's sandy and oppressed.

Sandy no, more rock orientated ppls i would say. oppressed, yes very much so.

Im surrounded by the bastards. really cause of them i dnt want to stay in London no more.

Dokuro
06-30-2008, 09:56 PM

all i got say is wow nice gimick and i thought i went childish with
fred fredburger

http://www.toadfire.com/imagesusers/985/985-1812073191-Fred_fredburger.gif.jpg
and
P-chan
http://www.freewebs.com/ranma-omega/Pictures/P-chan.JPG

but you style by far takes the victory with ben 10 brovo....:clap:

TSA
06-30-2008, 10:03 PM
they're not worst then faggot sudanesse ppl.

GOD-DAMN!

faggggggggssssssssssssssssssssss.

In Iowa( the fuckin sud breeding pool) they were having a sudanese bloods initiation jump in, and were beating this dude with bats, then he DUMB BITCH sudanese girls friend tried to jump in and save him while she was pregnant, and the fucking morons started beating her too, then one of the dumbasses tried to break it up by getting in his car and running them all over LOL

anyways the girls neck is broken and she's severly fucked up, the dumbass that tried to save a hoe didn't have insurance, so they're all gonna have to pay for their damages by hand.

they're fuckin stupid, they can't have sudanese events cause it ends in fights, and it's true, i went to a concert for Awilo, a CONGOLESE music troop, then all the sudanese faggots showed up all uninvited and like, 3 fights broke out right the fuck there none of them having anything to do with each other.

oh, and their DIRTY fuckin kids. god DAMN. what reasonable black humanbeing lets their kids walk outside with no lotion for their whole childhood. Black ppl do some dumb shit, but walking outside with no lotion is a mortal SIN.

It's gotten to the point that the general good name all the other africans have built for themselves has been completely ruined by this ashy fucking faggots from hell.

TSA
06-30-2008, 10:08 PM
oh and the fucking women are just as dumb too.

god damn.

tho i dated one. dumb bitch.

they just have kids like baseball cards, by different, more and more useless sudanese faggots. and they're proud to have them from as many of the fags as possible.

and they LOOOVVEEEEE government checks.
0 dignity what so ever. and they'll never say im from sudan, they say im from africa which PISSESS me off

the fuck is that supposed to mean stupid?!

the 'arab' ones are ever worst, they have a psychological fixation on arabs that sickening, worst inferiority complex ever, and they're hairy as fuck.

TSA
06-30-2008, 10:10 PM
oh, and whenever you see those naked ppl on discovery channel drinking goat dicks and shit, they're sudanese.
i kid you not, the channel has a love affair with sudan.

HANZO
06-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Kurds are just another bitter race of gypsys. they still mad that they aint got a country.

STYLE
06-30-2008, 11:11 PM
I don't see much difference between someone born before 82 (myself) and someone born in 84 (my friend). We were raised on the same shit so I think that comparison between gen x & gen y is a bit inaccurate.
i was born 76 my sis born 84. there are huge diff between the two.

my generation is dope imo.
All the shit started in the baby boomer generation that was noble and suddenly got dropped as the sold out like a bunch of reagan queers is being continued by use and we have a general distaste for our parents selloutiness

For instance school and career wise were not every motivated. We want to be something that is emotionally forfilling and not just something that will make a lot of money like our parents aimed for, when we are in power there will be a lot of progressive thought and change in the US. We can already see it in the almost universal support for Obama, belief in global warming, and so forth.
we also more open to things like gays and race because were grew up infront of a TV and are used to that shit.

we lean more towards the 'racism doesn't exist anymore' train of thought, but aren't completely stupid and know there's still racists, they're just in the babyboomer generation.

The generation right before ours, stylemasters are more realistic though.
They came through the 80s so their world view isn't every optimistic and they're less likely to believe shit's gonna change cause they were alive during the crumbling of the civil rights movement, reagan, crack, racial tension, the republican revolution and so forth.

the generation below mine has a very vague sense of racial status and shit like that. my brothers generation that is. i work with a lot of them, and they date interracially (not just you typical black guy white girl but shit like asian guy sudanesse girl) more often and don't have the "black ppl are scary" notion. If a black kid cuts in line they'll tell him off the same way they would to a white kid. The popular kids at one school are the kurdish kids.

imagine us having some non english speaking essohbees manage the beloved cool kids table...shiiieett.

the diff between x & y.....

first of all...
gen x should be split into a sub gen of those born b4 74 and after 74.

there is the mtv generation and the nintendo generation.

i call the nintendo generation as the last of the analog and first of the digital. we know of a life that was not microwaved, on demand, instant access. its weird but this is our greatest asset. it gives us perspective. like we know how things progressed. from 1984-1994 culture and tech took a quantum leap.

since my dad worked on the cutting edge of tech i was 1st exposed to pcs when i was 5-6. nintendo dropped when i was 10. in those times we would play games for hrs hours, but niggas still wanted to ride bikes and build forts. (do kids even build forts anymore?)

i watched mr rogers, sesame st, elec co, 321 contact, mr wizard. all educational shows. my sis watched a bunch of mind numbing bullshit.
it seems there was a shift in tactics. like nitendo gen was deemed the cut off for producers and after was the consumer.

gen y seems to have been groomed to be drones IMO. no diss. but yall were not meant to have critical thinking skills.

race....jungle fever hit when i was in hs. my parents told me not to bring a white chick home. so i had to be covert. lol. i do admire genY's race situation. it seems to be polarized between "cool with it" and "hell no"
wtith the majority being "its all pink on the inside"

gen x doesn't know war. the cold war is bullshit to us cause russia is now our "friend". so we see how enimies are created. this is why we are so skeptical of the war on terror. in china, i had a whole crew of soviet friends cause they had the weed. but we exchanged myths. their propaganda was just as fake as ours.

more to come.... this is alot to talk about and i don't want to sickarocks it.

STYLE
06-30-2008, 11:25 PM
plus y has crack babies

SKAMPOE
06-30-2008, 11:28 PM
lol

it has gotten to duh point where i dont even read tsa's post, damn wtf happend?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha werd

TSA
06-30-2008, 11:41 PM
nigga you don't read anything past a 5th grade level lol

I bet your ban from every candy shop window in bridgeport

STYLE
07-01-2008, 12:13 AM
wtc is going thru an awakening.

TSA
07-01-2008, 12:16 AM
its cause sicka left, i wanted to say something but that might invoke the ancient teariqouis spirit.

SKAMPOE
07-01-2008, 12:25 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha

TAURO
07-01-2008, 12:50 AM
i was born 76 my sis born 84. there are huge diff between the two.

Yes but thats a much wider gap in age, by your reckoning because I was born in 81 im part of your generation (gen x) but my friend who was born in 84 is somehow next generation even though he grew up with the same shit I did. Like I said, inaccurate.

LORD NOSE
07-01-2008, 01:06 AM
babies born from 71 to 74......the iLLest group from generation X

from 95 to 2003 scary - may have super human powers

tekunique
07-01-2008, 01:14 AM
gen X here and proud of it.

TheWolf
07-01-2008, 07:13 AM
its cause sicka left, i wanted to say something but that might invoke the ancient teariqouis spirit.

Sicka left?

What happened????? Anything funny????????

TSA
07-01-2008, 09:59 AM
well he'd get sonned, leave, and come back as a part of a 2 month cycle

he just vanished now tho, unprovoked, probably died in real life, which i personally feel was a wise career move

Maccabee Ridah
07-01-2008, 10:58 AM
So I guess I would fit that Gen Y -echo boomers......;D

Peace...................
-suuuuuuu///

STYLE
07-01-2008, 02:32 PM
say his name 3x and the one we do not speak of shall return.

http://l.yimg.com/img.movies.yahoo.com/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/geffen/beetlejuice/michael_keaton/stripes.jpg

STYLE
07-01-2008, 02:35 PM
actually, 1976, the year of the dragon, is the luckiest and most powerful.

SKAMPOE
07-01-2008, 03:29 PM
well he'd get sonned, leave, and come back as a part of a 2 month cycle

he just vanished now tho, unprovoked, probably died in real life, which i personally feel was a wise career move
aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaa aha ha aha ha aha ahaha a career move ahahahaha

say his name 3x and the one we do not speak of shall return.

http://l.yimg.com/img.movies.yahoo.com/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/geffen/beetlejuice/michael_keaton/stripes.jpg
i hate it this flik, i cant stand that chick n her annoing singin lol

TSA
07-01-2008, 07:39 PM
i though she was hot as fuck when i was little
her and wednesday adams

i wanted to share crayons the fuck out of them.

Koolish
07-02-2008, 05:49 PM
hippies and gen x's carried on well culturally.

now we have playstation 3.

i'm a Y muhfucka.

i always noticed that each year in school the younger kids became bigger assholes, so i wonder what the fucks up now.