Brooklyn Zu - Chamber #9, Verse 32
http://lyrics.chambermusik.com/coverz/brooklyn1.jpg
01. We Comin' For Ya
02. Brooklyn Zu
03. Do it For
04. Blood is Love
05. Cold World
06. Knock Knock (f/ GZA)
07. Eat Ya Food (f/ Killah Priest & Masta Killa)
08. Baby
09. Pass The Mic
10. Party With The Zu
11. Get Dirty Some Beers [Skit]
12. Pour My Liqour
13. If I Had a Gun (f/ RZA, Shavo & Monk)
14. Put Ya People's On
15. Marvelous
16. Get That Cheese (f/ Shyheim)
17. So Much To Say (f/ 62nd Assasin)
18. Shut Ya Trap (f/ Prodigal Sunn)
19. Dirty (Outro)

claaa7
07-02-2008, 02:05 PM
my review spot..

klege
07-02-2008, 02:41 PM
I was'nt expecting much for this album, i don't know why, but i got hold of a copy this morning and i got to say that i will be buying it to add to my collection. Hope this is a start of good things to come from the Zu.

Maccabee Ridah
07-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Yo, from what I have heard now, really bangin album.... There r plenty of track that I like, beats r really good, I haven't checked lyrics so deep yet, so I won't comment them. I think I will listen to it for a few times more, and than drop my review of this album!

R.I.P Dirt Dog................

Peace..............
-suuuuuuuu///

Jin10304
07-03-2008, 01:52 AM
18-brooklyn_zu-shut_ya_trap_(feat._prodigal_sunn)

Did I get a wrong version? thats what i have for track 18 instead of first things first/...can someone upload track?

Johnny Dust
07-03-2008, 06:35 AM
A bit corny here and there with the beats and chorusses. They play it kinda safe, would've been better if the Zu overstepped some boundaries of hip-hop logics.

Nevertheless, this album is fresh and banging.

claaa7
07-03-2008, 07:21 AM
18-brooklyn_zu-shut_ya_trap_(feat._prodigal_sunn)

Did I get a wrong version? thats what i have for track 18 instead of first things first/...can someone upload track?

oh that's the one I got as well, just changed the first post.. don't know, I copied the tracklist from chambermusik so maybe there is 2 different versions of the CD. BTW, does the CD come in a paper-package (digipack)`?

claaa7
07-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Do it For, Blood is Love, Cold World, Knock Knock and So Much 2 Say are superior, great fucking songs!

they should have cut this album to strictly 12-13 songs (that's the way I listen to it now) and it be a solid 8.5/10. now i'm generous when I give it a 7.5/10

junius
07-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Very good but-- admit it-- the party tracks here are very G-Unit... good G-Unit, and ya'll can play 'em back-to-back with "Terminate On Site" without freaking anyone out. I don't blame these guys for that and they do it well but I'm glad it's mixed up with more of the Wu sound also. 8/10 however, and really, MOST of us thought this would be wack but it's a very nice package (BUY IT!!), very good production even in the G-Unit style (a JILLION times better than whan U-God or Cappa have tried to go mainstream), etc. Bravo!

famenchuan
07-04-2008, 08:10 PM
weird that only one track was produced by buddha

Maccabee Ridah
07-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Yo, I have expected much from this album, and I think I got what I wanted! This album is fuckin fire!!! As claaa7 said, there r bout 12/13 really bangin tracks, and rest r also good, but could be better cuz many reasons (some cuz production, some cuz lyrics...)! But I really like this album! Production is fuckin great! There r many dope beats! Also lyrics r really ill on few tracks! Also, guestlist is sick - GZA, RZA, Killah Priest, Masta Killa, Shyheim, Prodigal Sunn, Monk... Really ill! I'm only disappointed with GZA at Knock Knock! He was kind flowless! But anyway, I must say that this would be real classic if they cut off those 7/8 wack tracks, but as they didn't,and there r few simple thins I do not like, I will rate it most objective 4 - Banger!

Peace...............
-suuuuuuuuu///

Hollow Dartz
07-04-2008, 08:39 PM
^^^Damn. 7-8 wack tracks is tooo much for a purchase.

Maccabee Ridah
07-04-2008, 09:39 PM
^^^Damn. 7-8 wack tracks is tooo much for a purchase.

Well not really wack! Th best way t describe them is that these 12/13 tracks will like every true Wu Fan, but for those 7/8, it is really different from person to person...............!

Dissonance
07-05-2008, 12:41 AM
I was really surprised by this. I wanted it to be good but had doubts especially seeing it's by multiple unknown producers. Despite that, it's a really good album. Some great beats, the Wu appearances are a real highight. Only negatives are that at times some of the Zu lyrically are just average and of course they put 2 wanna be radio tracks on it. There are times, like with a lot of wu fam albums ,when your mind will wander to how much better the clan would sound over the beats. Plenty of times when the ZU hold their own though.

Great tracks:
We coming for ya
Brooklyn Zoo
Do it For
Knock Knock: Really nice Rza beat nice Gza verse
Eat ya Food: Both Priest and Master Killa rip it up
If I had a gun: really good Rza verse
So much to say 62nd with another great guest appearance

Good Tracks:
Blood is Money
Cold World
Get that cheese
Marvelous
Put your peoples on

Ehhh:
Baby
Party with th Zu
1st things first
Pour My Liquor
Pass the mic( decent track but it's really a chi king track from his album)

Hollow Dartz
07-05-2008, 01:20 AM
Well not really wack! Th best way t describe them is that these 12/13 tracks will like every true Wu Fan, but for those 7/8, it is really different from person to person...............!

Oh Aight, hook me up with a track.

Leo Angel
07-05-2008, 03:45 AM
if anybody PM me with a link to this album it would be highly appreciated...

RustyFangz
07-05-2008, 04:08 AM
Goddamnit! I need to get this, I been to busy to shop lately. Gonna try to cop it tomorrow. My cuz Caligula did a track with 12' 0 Clock but I'm done trying to help promo his shit. Dude is lazy. For real, I havn't been that exited in a minute about back to back albums like I am Zu and Thug Angelz. Great month for Killa Beez!!!

RustyFangz
07-05-2008, 04:09 AM
Did Cheena Black do any singing on this???

Maccabee Ridah
07-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Oh Aight, hook me up with a track.

Yo, no problem man! Just say what track u want....??!!!? I'll upload it in a minute!

Erquel
07-05-2008, 11:22 AM
hooks are weird

6 Chambaz
07-05-2008, 11:25 AM
yup me 2

famenchuan
07-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Iam very happy with this album even though there is defenitaly room for improvement. It seems like they did not have a big budget for this album.
I also think that the reason most of the beats are by unkonwn producers is beacause that was part of the deal to get a second album (just speculation though).

Like I said I'm very happy even though their are definite flaws.

3.5/5 and that's good score for me.

Hollow Dartz
07-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Yo, no problem man! Just say what track u want....??!!!? I'll upload it in a minute!

anything hot..

TAURO
07-05-2008, 01:33 PM
I've ordered my copy and I refuse to dowload it, I heard some clips from it and I have to say that joint with chi king while very dope, it is a joint that already featured on his mixtape (which I recommend people pick up by the way). Other than that it does sound good.

-The A to the Z-
07-06-2008, 05:36 AM
Can someone tell me where I can find the production credits for this album please?

Jammin
07-06-2008, 06:33 AM
Can someone tell me where I can find the production credits for this album please?

check the cd booklet

and to all those asking for a download link i really hope that if you like the album you will support it, man when will yall realize that the wu-artists needs our support

Maccabee Ridah
07-06-2008, 07:15 AM
anything hot..

Yo man, I will up few tracks in next 30 mins.....

-The A to the Z-
07-06-2008, 08:15 AM
check the cd booklet

...Is the CD booklet online?

Because I won't be able to get my hands on such an esoteric (from an industrial perspective) album.

Maccabee Ridah
07-06-2008, 09:19 AM
anything hot..

Yo man, here r few tracks I like:

Brooklyn Zu - Brooklyn Zu (http://www.zshare.net/audio/148002920805d048/)
Brooklyn Zu - Do It For (feat. ODB) (http://www.zshare.net/audio/148007844cef8919/)
Brooklyn Zu - Cold World (http://www.zshare.net/audio/14801419071a7dcb/) (my fav of the album)
Brooklyn Zu - If I Had A Gun (feat. Shavo & RZA) (http://www.zshare.net/audio/148021678afcfa7c/)

Hope u will enjoy tracks.......
If u wanna more, just scream...:D

Peace hollow.............

portis24
07-06-2008, 09:34 AM
right now for me it's between knock knock or if i had a gun but cols world is hot though

pmack215
07-06-2008, 12:48 PM
better than i expected, but unfortunately way more party shit than i expected.

portis24
07-06-2008, 01:14 PM
^i think it's only two or three party track's on there right

Leo Angel
07-07-2008, 11:11 AM

anybody?:'o

THE W
07-07-2008, 06:05 PM
if you're just looking for quality lyrics and can be forgiving towards the production than you'll enjoy this album. if you're like me and arent down with an album with soso production no matter how ill the lyrics are than you not feel this one.

Maccabee Ridah
07-07-2008, 06:46 PM
anybody?:'o

Yo, I will try to find u something!

Peace.............

CHI-KING
07-07-2008, 09:05 PM
yo my peaples wats good its chi-king finally set free to fly / first off this album was made with care and selflessness/brooklyn zu picked every beat delicatly -and u might not feel some now but i garuntee its all a slow burn/before we get into any debates on if its good or wat ever- all of u have been listening to trash /the things i see get support baffles me /im devoted to hip hop and so are the zu /we wanted to give u a well rounded diverse album wich consist of underground bangers commercail radio hits party tracks and most of all fuck u material---/ill put this album up to any one who dropped and i garuntee we got more car bangers then everyone/if u really love our culture of hip hop u will enjoy this record /its the type u put on and the energy makes u feel good song to song from rza to rugged monk to master killa and gza we went in to come off the real way -=not wat u wanted or expected we decided to go too our souls like odb...r.i.p. and i dont think he wouldve had it any other way / now u can say wat u want u are intitled to your opinion but we gave u hip hop and 85 percent of the mcs that claim to be mcs cant produce that ....big up to brroklyn zu the best of comrads love yall brothas ...this is the first general chi king...go copp the album knowlegde its content before speaking if u aint bang it at least ten times yet -u cant make a comment first really listen-- then comment be fair and tru to yourself!!spread love not war!

portis24
07-07-2008, 09:20 PM
it's def. a banger imo

Leo Angel
07-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Yo, I will try to find u something!

Peace.............

thanks, but I got it already. after one brief listening the album sounds promising

duotone
07-14-2008, 03:13 AM
I ordered it at amazon marketplace from importCD.... cant wait to get it.... i just heard some tracks on youtube and all i can say is that these tracks i heard are bangin'.....
(next to brooklyn zu i ordered zu ninjaz now justice... when u still dont have it, go and get it....)

peace to the gods... support wu fam = raw rap.... invest in good music and dont let bitches like souljahboy or 50cent overtake the musicbiz... we need a revolution... clean that biz...

FasterBlade
07-17-2008, 06:44 PM
damn no real reviews for this? its a real solid album, feelin it alot more than Thug Angels

its not that cohesive, but its a dope collection of tracks. 12 remains mad underrated

Jamal Arief
07-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Banging album!

Peace.

Johnny 6-feet
07-25-2008, 05:40 PM
I love how people start album review threads and don't actually REVIEW THE ALBUM.

Do a fucking track by track breakdown you goddam lazy freeposters.

BGS
08-04-2008, 03:51 PM
^yeah co-sign i was looking for a track by track review...but anyway i'm getting this album...

NoSaidDate420
08-04-2008, 05:40 PM
i bought this the week it came out but didnt get a chance to spin it until recently. it's not the best album of the year but it's a solid effort. people will probably talk shit about this album, especially the club type shit cuz it's wack. but there are standout moments, and overall it has replay value aside from a couple must-skips.

1. we're comin for ya - this track starts off the album right. not too much more to say about it. the beat sounds "smokey"...i like it. 4/5.

2. brooklyn zu - 12 oclock kills the jump off verse. the chorus is repetitive but nonetheless it gets me hyped. the beat is a littile amateur-ish, not diggin it 2 much. the lyrics are mostly kind of stale aside from 12. 3/5

3. do it for - beautiful track, dirty at the beginning is nice to hear but when a track says featuring ODB i guess i'm expecting too much by thinkin its gonna be an unused verse or chorus or somethin...but we get a 20 second skit/snippet. anyway the beat is on some nice relaxed shit, which sets the tone for the next banger just right... 4/5

4. blood is love - my favorite track on the album. another demonstration of 12 o'clock's ill flow. and the beat is simple but addictive, i love it. at this point i was suprised with how much i like this disc. 5/5

5. cold world - the good feeling about this joint continues with this track, i love the organ sound. i don't know who the first mc is but he has the spirit of dirty in his flow. i'm not saying he sounds like dirty or has his style, but the way he doesn't care if he rhymes a word with the same word....smell me? 5/5

6. eat ya food - i knew things were going too good. this track should be promising as masta killa and priest are featured, but they each deliver incredibly average verses and the chorus is annoying. it's nice to hear MK and priest but each feature is generic and the beat is on prozak, not feeling it. 2/5

7. baby - here we go. why they would shoot themselves in the fucking face like this i can't tell you, but i can tell you this is the first skip-through of the album. i knew it was coming, i'm just suprised it's THIS bad. 0/5

8. pass the mic - the zu is brought back to life here. a nice track in general but nothing to write about. 2.5/5

9. party with the zu - oh my god. 0/5.

10. get dirty some beers skit - self explanatory.

11. pour my liquor - here is what i see as a fun smoking/drinking track. definitly sums up the vibe of this lp. nothing too groundbreaking. kind of what you'd expect. 3/5

12. if i had a gun - brilliant production and rza's verse is decent ( a suprise these days). i'm really feeling this track a lot, like i said the beat is nuts and the chorus has singing but it's not the annoying kind like on digi snax.

13. put yo people on - the first few seconds in i'm thinking...young jeezy wtf?!?! "eeey"
no thanks. another skip through but i will give it a point for at least being listenable compared to "baby" and "party with the zu." \

i'm not going to review the 5 bonus tracks because it's not really worth typing out and rating. shyheim delivers an average verse and prodigal sunn is always nice to hear.

overall 7/10. and i'm kind of letting them off the hook for the stupid chick songs. im just gonna pretend they never happened, ya digs?

CHI-KING
08-12-2008, 08:38 PM
YO TO ALL OF U WHO COMMENTED ...THANK U YALLL/4 your support and honesty / i show the guys print outs of the blogs so they can really see what the fans are saying...i know one thing we all have in common weather u liked the record or not/
WE ALL LOVE AND MISS O.D.B. [r.i.p.] NO MATTER WHAT ! WE CANT LET NO ONE EVER FORGET ABOUT ASON UNIQUE! becouse of him alot of peaple living good lives / /the 36th chamber was to go into the world and create new temples /thats what 12 oclock shorty shit stain zu keeper an budda monk an the zu ninjas all are tryin to do ya digg!!! brooklyn zu forever!!!
PLUS WE BOOKING SHOWS IF U WANT THE ZU TO SMASH WITH U HIT ME UP LETs BOOK a show any where in the world!!!

mantis_fist
09-01-2008, 01:25 AM
Just got this online. Did a cd ever come out? I could not find it back home. Have not looked here in AZ. I always buy the cd so...

Maccabee Ridah
09-06-2008, 12:53 PM
^^ Yeah, it came out!

RynMur
09-10-2008, 04:47 AM
It's not a bad album. Doesn't really flow from a to z. Has about 6 standout tracks, but about 5 skip tracks too.

Top 5: Do It For, Blood Is Love, Cold World, Knock Knock, So Much 2 Say
Grade: (2.3/5) C-

CHI-KING
09-20-2008, 06:25 PM
yo my favorite songs is pass the mic pour my liquor and love is love cold wolrd zu untaimd/ not becouse i had something to do with all those / i just think that they sound authentic AND NO ONE FROM WU TANG CAN PRODUCE THAT SOUND /..THAT BROOKLYN ZU SHIT!!!

famenchuan
09-20-2008, 07:20 PM

01. We Comin' For Ya- ill

02. Brooklyn Zu- ill

03. Do it For- fucking ill

04. Blood is Love- ill

05. Cold World- hate how the hook was done one this. Love shit stain and 5 ft's verses though.

06. Knock Knock (f/ GZA)- buddha just annoys me on the hook. GZA should of woke up or got taken off the track. dope track though.

07. Eat Ya Food (f/ Killah Priest & Masta Killa)- ill

08. Baby- not feeling.

09. Pass The Mic- good

10. Party With The Zu- not feeling. Buddha fucked up a lot of these tracks by his hooks and chrouses.

12. Pour My Liqour- not feeling. Buddha, please stay off the hooks. Not feeling the track as a whole anyway.

13. If I Had a Gun (f/ RZA, Shavo & Monk)- Another hook I cant stand. Alight track anyway.

14. Put Ya People's On- hell no. just not the type of track I like. pretty bad

15. Marvelous- fuck yeah, back to that good shit. fucking ill.

16. Get That Cheese (f/ Shyheim)- good

17. So Much To Say (f/ 60 Second Assasin)- my fav track on the album. 60 rips this shit to shreds.

18. Shut Ya Trap (f/ Prodigal Sunn)- alright

19. Dirty (Outro)

good album.

some great tracks, some good tracks, some decent tracks, some shit tracks.

the choruses and hooks fucked up a lot of the tracks (pretty much all the one buddha was on) alot of the hooks buddha did just sound to similar and they come off corny.

Also murdoc and Zoo keeper really were not on the album that much. you'd think it being thier debut album, they would be on almost every track.

shorty shit stain was the mvp of this album to me. buddha monk was the biggest dissapointment and not just the hooks but his verse too.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-21-2008, 02:44 AM

01. We Comin' For Ya- ill

02. Brooklyn Zu- ill

03. Do it For- fucking ill

04. Blood is Love- ill

05. Cold World- hate how the hook was done one this. Love shit stain and 5 ft's verses though.

06. Knock Knock (f/ GZA)- buddha just annoys me on the hook. GZA should of woke up or got taken off the track. dope track though.

07. Eat Ya Food (f/ Killah Priest & Masta Killa)- ill

08. Baby- not feeling.

09. Pass The Mic- good

10. Party With The Zu- not feeling. Buddha fucked up a lot of these tracks by his hooks and chrouses.

12. Pour My Liqour- not feeling. Buddha, please stay off the hooks. Not feeling the track as a whole anyway.

13. If I Had a Gun (f/ RZA, Shavo & Monk)- Another hook I cant stand. Alight track anyway.

14. Put Ya People's On- hell no. just not the type of track I like. pretty bad

15. Marvelous- fuck yeah, back to that good shit. fucking ill.

16. Get That Cheese (f/ Shyheim)- good

17. So Much To Say (f/ 60 Second Assasin)- my fav track on the album. 60 rips this shit to shreds.

18. Shut Ya Trap (f/ Prodigal Sunn)- alright

19. Dirty (Outro)

good album.

some great tracks, some good tracks, some decent tracks, some shit tracks.

the choruses and hooks fucked up a lot of the tracks (pretty much all the one buddha was on) alot of the hooks buddha did just sound to similar and they come off corny.

Also murdoc and Zoo keeper really were not on the album that much. you'd think it being thier debut album, they would be on almost every track.

shorty shit stain was the mvp of this album to me. buddha monk was the biggest dissapointment and not just the hooks but his verse too.

co-sign, yeah this is a dope album but a slight let down

CHI-KING
09-29-2008, 01:06 PM
yo my favorite songs is pass the mic pour my liquor and love is love cold wolrd zu untaimd/ not becouse i had something to do with all those / i just think that they sound authentic /..THAT BROOKLYN ZU SHIT!!!
i shouldnt say that no one from wu tang can produce it, i ment 2 say none in the rap game can produce it / cuz brooklyn zu is all members of the wu -tang family . so u know i was high cuz that dont even add up ..
i just read it and i typed that shit wrong plus i had banana kush that day / parden self ... i respect the fam g. playin my positition .. i retrack my statement parden.

kingaaronz
06-03-2010, 05:39 PM
dope album. all the tracks are bangin