PDA

View Full Version : The positive, and negative effects hip-hop has on kids

J.T.S.
07-02-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm raising a son and he's 4 years old and he's obssessed with this Soulja boy .
So i watch one of the videos to see what the big deal is, and to my suprise "soulja boy', was rapping about staying in school and geting an education.
And my son's singing the chrous, i personally think S.B. sucks donkey balls but if he makes a positive impact on my seed i can't hate on that!

I have a younger sister 13 years old that loves 50 cents, and she's singing "Magic Stick', and i'm asking her what the songs means, and she explains it's about oral sex. Know i'm thinking she's listening to this b.s. and she probably has done what the lyrics are talking about!

alot of people tell me that music can't make anyone do stuff, but when i'm with my queen, a Sade, or Erykah Badu songs sets off a lovemaking mood.
Even after wev'e had a bad arguement, a track like "Camay' just sets off our effection for each other.

i remember the first time i got shot, while i was healing up i was listening to "Duck Season' By the Wu and the song stirred up so many negative emotions in me i felt like getting a gun and shooting the dude that shot me.

it just goes to show you how kids can imulate what they hear and see so lets discuss.

TSA
07-02-2008, 10:46 PM
?

did you just post about your sister give blow jobs?

Visionz
07-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Vibration is the very stuff of energy so I think it would be hard to argue that music doesn't have any power, afterall that bass is rattling my windows three stores up when the right car rolls by. If a chick is listening to songs sucking dick all the time, I won't say its definite but its definitely more prone she's gonna display that kinda behavior. She's absorbing the vibrations and they do have some kind of impact.

The good thing is that it works both ways. I keep a large vinyl collection that covers all kinds of music. I want my kids to be aware of how much good music is out their as I think it lends itself to raising open-minded individuals. The future is gonna need people who can dream & think big.

STYLE
07-02-2008, 11:35 PM
not much more to say that hasn't been said. everything is a vibration, matter & energy. sound and words especially i musical form are very poswerful. the harmony opens the mind for the lyrics to enter on a deeper level.

my 5yo son gets exposed to classic soul constantly. we also listen to lounge and downtempo house music. you'd be amazed at the calming effects. i throw some led zepplin, the clash and jimmi in there too, just to liven it up.

as far as hip hop....late 80's early 90's era. i am trying to breed a godMC. lol

his momma plays the radio in the car tho. so he still gets that bullshit. so much of my effort is deprogramming and reprogramming.

Prolifical ENG
07-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Sometimes I see the problem as some kids only listen to hip-hop. And not even the older hip-hop but just hip-hop within the last 2 years.

To fully appreciate music you need to take time to listen to a lot of different stuff. If you don't want to give up your time then those songs on the radio are meant for those people. IDK you can't put a price on the soul.

100pr00f
07-03-2008, 01:01 PM
good...

inspires kids to get into the art of hip hop ..creating ..writing..producing...learning.....

or in to dance....like Bboying,

bad...

insprires kids to do bad

like every thing is about money do what u gotta do like me

i rob.. stick up ..sell ..kill..
do what i do...
so u can get all the women ..all the money..all the respect i get ..to live in the fast lane

Black Man
07-03-2008, 01:09 PM
If a musician is talking about something in their music that means whatever they're talking about is already happening.

Oral sex did not start with Magic Stick nor did that song or any other song cause the high sex rate among teens, pre-teens, and just plain kids.

If you want change you have to go to the root. Music, no music is the root.

I can make love to a woman listening to M.O.P......Brownsville!!!!!!

I can be a monster listening to Sade.

I can be on some uplift women while listening to Too Short.

It's not the music, although the music helps to set the mood.

Normally a person will listen to music the reflects their mood. If they're doing something that's in the song they already had that idea.....that's why they choose certain songs to listen too.

Women were being called bitches and hoes before Too Short.

People were using the word "nigger" before hip hop.

People were buying and selling drugs before the Clipse started rapping about it.

RAMESH
07-03-2008, 02:34 PM
i agree with blackman

Rame
07-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Still, it can trigger someone to do certain (bad) things.

Olive Oil Goombah
07-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Music being what it is is the result of the change in the bigger overall attitude of the world. Music is reflective of whats going on. Fifty cent made the song Magic Stick cuz the average girl sucks alot of cock these days. Alot more than she used too.

STYLE
07-03-2008, 05:46 PM
If a musician is talking about something in their music that means whatever they're talking about is already happening.

Oral sex did not start with Magic Stick nor did that song or any other song cause the high sex rate among teens, pre-teens, and just plain kids.

If you want change you have to go to the root. Music, no music is the root.

I can make love to a woman listening to M.O.P......Brownsville!!!!!!

I can be a monster listening to Sade.

I can be on some uplift women while listening to Too Short.

It's not the music, although the music helps to set the mood.

Normally a person will listen to music the reflects their mood. If they're doing something that's in the song they already had that idea.....that's why they choose certain songs to listen too.

Women were being called bitches and hoes before Too Short.

People were using the word "nigger" before hip hop.

People were buying and selling drugs before the Clipse started rapping about it.

people are listening to music whether they are doing what is in the song or not. like in the car. or watching music vids. or on their ipod. i seriously doubt that all the girls listening to magic stick right now have a dick in their mouth.

but thats not the point.
we are talking about exposing kids to this music, and its effects or better yet , reinforcement of preexisting stereotypes, misogyny, and violence.

there are exceptions to every rule. but the exception is not the rule.
music soothes the savage beast.

ever seen a mosh pit at a sade concert?

VZA
07-03-2008, 05:50 PM
?

did you just post about your sister give blow jobs?

I think he did.

Pics or it didn't happen.

STYLE
07-03-2008, 05:52 PM
the average girl sucks alot of cock these days. Alot more than she used too.

more than the free love movement of the 60s?
more than the 70's disco era?
more than the coked up 80's?

idk man i think cock sucking has hit a plateau a long time ago.

have blowjobs ever declined? maybe idk? i doubt it tho.

i think the and public awareness and overall exposure to oral sex has increased. but that would be due to news coverage, movies and music of the loose media standards we have. hense a #1 song about suckin dick and fuckin.

VZA
07-03-2008, 05:53 PM
I don't see anything wrong with girls sucking dick.

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Magic Stick wont make a girl give head, but it might make giving head seem more acceptable thing to do for her, and it might make her more quick to give head to someone, if 50 cent is a musician she enjoys listening to more than other tings

VZA
07-03-2008, 06:02 PM
You guys are fucked up. This is a good thing. I would had a great time when I was 13 if girls had been more liberal with blowjobs.

STYLE
07-05-2008, 10:21 AM
You guys are fucked up. This is a good thing. I would had a great time when I was 13 if girls had been more liberal with blowjobs.
shut up
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd116/STYLEMASTERR/rscpa-campaign-1thumbnail.jpg