04. The Orbituary (E.B.G.G.)
05. My Brother's Keeper
06. Gang Love
07. South Brooklyn (The Anthem)
08. Audiobiography [Remix]
09. Apt.7G (Blacksmiths)
10. The Visit [f/ 7th Ambassador]
11. Under The Wing
12. Confessions of a T.H.U.G. Angel (Closing)
13. 144,000

claaa7
07-09-2008, 06:50 PM
banging album, on the first few listens I would definitely say that it's one of the best albums of the year. i would count this as a real full-lenght album although they say that it's a prequel of some sort, but there's 47 minutes of new music, no dj's and all are full tracks. I gotta say that 'Bazz and Razah really compliments eachother well and I think this will be in my rotation for a long time from now!

pmack215
07-10-2008, 08:42 AM
banging album, on the first few listens I would definitely say that it's one of the best albums of the year. i would count this as a real full-lenght album although they say that it's a prequel of some sort, but there's 47 minutes of new music, no dj's and all are full tracks. I gotta say that 'Bazz and Razah really compliments eachother well and I think this will be in my rotation for a long time from now!

u gonna review it / rate it?

peace.

claaa7
07-10-2008, 10:58 AM
aight i'ma try to rate the album track-by-track since I've heard it about 5 times now. these ratings are most likely to change (for better or for worse) as I get more used to the album, but as for now:

01. Cab Ride Opening (9/10)
02. Welcome To Red Hook Houses (8.5/10)
03. Jail Saga (9/10)
04. The Orbituary: E.B.G.G. (10/10)
05. My Brother's Keeper (9/10)
06. Gang Love (8.5/10)
07. South Brooklyn: The Anthem (9/10)
08. Audiobiography Remix (10/10)
09. Apt. 7G: Blacksmiths (8/10)
10. The Visit (8/10)
11. Under The Wing (9/10)
12. Confessions of a THUG Angel (9/10)
13. 144,000 (8.5/10)
OVERALL: 9/10

As you can see I'm feeling everything on this album alot and it holds the album of the year spot for me at the moment. Both 'Bazz and Razah brings their A-game and production is top-notch and very consistent. If this is just a prequel too a "real" album I imagine the coming album as a undisputed masterpiece. Don't even consider buying this one, just do it!!

IronFingaz7
07-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Superior, would say Masterpiece but its way too early.

P.E.A.C.E.

DEVAMPS
07-10-2008, 06:49 PM
really feelin the album- my favorite joints at the moment are Jail Saga, Brothers Keeper, and BLACKSMITHS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-10-2008, 09:18 PM
aight i'ma try to rate the album track-by-track since I've heard it about 5 times now. these ratings are most likely to change (for better or for worse) as I get more used to the album, but as for now:

01. Cab Ride Opening (9/10)
02. Welcome To Red Hook Houses (8.5/10)
03. Jail Saga (9/10)
04. The Orbituary: E.B.G.G. (10/10)
05. My Brother's Keeper (9/10)
06. Gang Love (8.5/10)
07. South Brooklyn: The Anthem (9/10)
08. Audiobiography Remix (10/10)
09. Apt. 7G: Blacksmiths (8/10)
10. The Visit (8/10)
11. Under The Wing (9/10)
12. Confessions of a THUG Angel (9/10)
13. 144,000 (8.5/10)
OVERALL: 9/10

As you can see I'm feeling everything on this album alot and it holds the album of the year spot for me at the moment. Both 'Bazz and Razah brings their A-game and production is top-notch and very consistent. If this is just a prequel too a "real" album I imagine the coming album as a undisputed masterpiece. Don't even consider buying this one, just do it!!

the only track i'm sort of feeling but not really is Autobiography Remix other than that shit is dope

Hollow Dartz
07-10-2008, 09:30 PM
^^^^Agreed.

money4life
07-10-2008, 10:00 PM
No need to think twice. This album is a must buy. I already said it's gotta a classic feel to it. I like the fact that it's just 13 tracks on the album. It's keeps you eager for the next album .....This is just a prequel....oh shit!

portis24
07-10-2008, 10:46 PM
the only track i'm sort of feeling but not really is Autobiography Remix other than that shit is dope

i'm liking that more than the original to be honest

claaa7
07-11-2008, 06:20 AM
^^ I'm feeling the remix even more as well which is kinda suprising since I fucking LOVED the original version!

THE W
07-11-2008, 07:48 AM
so this is already out? man i've been late on a lot of this stuff.

did you guys have trouble finding this album in stores? i bought ITs 3rd world yesterday(ill shit!).

claaa7
07-11-2008, 08:02 AM
^^ yeah it dropped this Tuesday, I was real low on cash so I ordered my copy so I can pick it up on Monday.. some peeps seemed to have problems finding the album though!

FasterBlade
07-11-2008, 09:18 AM
gave it a 3, the productions not too sharp. 144,000 could have been epic but the drums are so awful it kind of ruins the beat

title track and Under the Wing are fire, i could do without the rest.

IronFingaz7
07-11-2008, 11:17 AM
gave it a 3, the productions not too sharp. 144,000 could have been epic but the drums are so awful it kind of ruins the beat

title track and Under the Wing are fire, i could do without the rest.

Wow! To each his own, but this shit is incredible.

I never did this rating shit, but I'm feeling this album so much I'm going to do it. Only out of 5 cuz when you go to 10 you got to be technical and shit, lol.

1. Cab Ride [Opening] - 4.5/5
2. Welcome to Red Hook Houses - 5/5
3. Jail Saga - 5/5
4. The Obituary [E.B.G.G.] - 4.5/5
5. My Brother's Keep - 4.5/5
6. Gang Love - 5/5
7. South Brooklyn [The Anthem] - 5/5
8. Audiobiography [Remix] 4/5
9. Apt. 7G [Blacksmiths] - 4/5
10. The Visit [Feat. 7th Ambassador] - 4/5
11. Under the Wing 4.5/5
12. Confessions of a T.H.U.G. Angel - 4/5
13. 144,000 - 5/5

Yeah, I'm feeling this shit, constant repeat mode. Its been a minute since I've liked an album this much.

P.E.A.C.E.

THE W
07-12-2008, 08:25 AM
there's only 4 tracks on here that i like.

cab ride
the obituary
my brothers keeper
under the wing

couldnt care for the rest.

who produced these:

the obituary
my brothers keeper
under the wing

im guessing bronze nazareth?

claaa7
07-12-2008, 11:08 AM
damn, I respect your opinion wade but I noticed that you are probably the most picky dude on this entire forum!!

Bronze Nazareth did produce "The Orbituary" but that's the only beat he made for this LP. I can't remember the exact names of the others but they were from some unheard cats I think.

famenchuan
07-12-2008, 11:36 AM
jail saga is the shit!!!!!!!

Illmatic Hispanic
07-12-2008, 12:48 PM
It's ill, has a dark, gritty, thug feel to it. all the tracks are listenable. I got that Autobiography Remix on repeat, love the piano, sounds like "John Lennon" on that.

Overall: it's a solid album or whatever, packed with ill ryhmes, ill beats. Must Have.

Hollow Dartz
07-13-2008, 02:04 AM
This joint is hot, wayyyy better than Digi Snax.

portis24
07-13-2008, 08:05 AM
every track on this cd is hot i don't know how anybody can only like two or three tracks

claaa7
07-13-2008, 08:14 AM
This joint is hot, wayyyy better than Digi Snax.

co-sign.. it's even better than Priest's latest album!

Hollow Dartz
07-13-2008, 09:27 AM
^^^Your Right.

portis24
07-13-2008, 11:40 AM
if thier OFFICIAL ALBUM is better than this one i would love to see a little bit more promotion for it

Illmatic Hispanic
07-13-2008, 03:19 PM
naw, lyrically,spirtiually, beats, BTSG tops this, and this is great. Guess it depends on what state of life you in. I been in a state of loss, so I still favor BTSG more. THUG ANGELS came through but damn, Priest is the master.

famenchuan
07-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Thug Angels is easier to understand.

Btsg gets a little out there.

Maccabee Ridah
07-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Nice album, one of better I have heard lately, but I had to mark it 8 - Banger, cuz I'm really not feeling all songs at all.........

I think production should be better, cuz I didn't like beats at all.........\

Peace...............

portis24
07-13-2008, 06:51 PM
^which beat's didn't you like

Suga Duga
07-17-2008, 03:31 AM
a shame this thread only has 2 pages.

anyway, first listen this is what I expected - dopeness. hard orchestra beats, mixed up with rhymes that come at you like prayers, beautifully flipped samples, dope storytelling and flawless atmosphere throughout the entire record.

so far its a 8.5/10.

I'll come back here with my final rating.

pmack215
07-17-2008, 03:53 PM
i like "renaissance child", "razah's ladder", & "book of shabazz" better.

Come Honor Face
07-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Renaissance child, yes. Razah's Ladder & Book Of Shabazz, No.

Hollow Dartz
07-18-2008, 09:47 PM
It's Hollow's Turn...

01. Cab Ride Opening
This is a funny opening actually. 40 $ for a cab ride? I don't think Cappa charged that much. Anyways when the beat drops Hell Razah sets it off crazy, you can tell these cats are real hungry, the beat is a banger and it's real hard. I like how they are sticking to the title of the album and they are bringing you to Red Hook Houses. 4.5/5
02. Welcome To Red Hook Houses
This is one of my favorite joints off the album right here, the beat is perfect and real hard, I love the hook and Shabazz just comes in and murks the track, I really don't have anything else to say, Hell Razah comes in and cleans up the mess Shabazz just made when he killed it, I love the hood love in the track, makes you want to take a visit. 5/5
03. Jail Saga
The first solo on the album by Shabazz, the beat is right and Shabazz just does what he's great at which is storytelling, gives you a great description of the hood life, just know what you bout to get yourself into, the hook is correct aswell. 4/5
04. The Orbituary (E.B.G.G.)
You can tell this is a Bronze beat as soon as it drops, it's soooo slow, this song starts off the three part drag in the album. The beat is cool, and this is better than most tribute tracks, so I'll give them credit for that, they are pouring their hearts out on the track, keeping it real. 3.5/5
05. My Brother's Keeper
So are you wondering like myself who are they talking about? We'll find out soon, but I have a clue. Anyways the beat is slow aswell, but better than the previous one, they obviously talk about their feelings about certain situations and bring them to the table. You can hear anger and frustration....Verse by Razah is pretty old though. 4/5
06. Gang Love
This joint is ok, I can see that they really are trying to start a revolution, Shabazz takes this one In My Opinion, he really just goes in, calling out all those gangs (Cops, P.O's etc...), Razah came correct aswell. Another slow track, but with a faster pace...3.5/5
07. South Brooklyn (The Anthem)
Ok here's where the album picks back up, the beat is sooo raw and flames. They both came hard on here, I couldn't tell you who came harder, my favorite verse is....
We putting heaters to they face, and give 'em some sideburns
And got they shine on, now it be our turn
He just a clone from a sample of my sperm
These old rappers washed up and they got worms
That's my word, when that slider and served
I'm Babe Ruth in the booth, knock it out of the 'burbs
Have you heard? Razah and Bazz emerge
Counting euro's in Hamburgh, Germany dough
You too big, you get sent to the infarmary flow
You be the type that be calling C.O., I turn prisoners to G.G.O.
Tune in, wanna see my show? We be another bracket, straight jacket flow
Ya'll niggas better play more D, and get a point guard
I got plenty of bars, that will annoint ya'll
Head nodding with shame, and disappoint ya'll
I'm trying to turn these rhymes into a black card
You know power, respect, pussy and fast cars
Without loyalty, you ain't making it that far
They try to bury a star, inside a graveyard
But when I die on this earth, I'm out the universe...
5/5
08. Audiobiography [Remix]
I'm not gonna rereview this track, if your a fan of my reviews than you already know how I feel about this joint right here, i think the beat on this joint is mad nice, but the original one hits me more. 4.5/5
09. Apt.7G (Blacksmiths)
A Hell Razah solo right here, joint is kinda slow and I'm not really all into it. He spits jems, but it something about it that turns me off. Not Hot, but not wack either. 3.5/5
10. The Visit [f/ 7th Ambassador]
This joint right here, is ok, but where are the bangers at? What I like about this track is the love they show for their peoples on here, I respect that, this joint is real. 3.5/5
11. Under The Wing
If You are a Hell Razah fan you've already heard this track 1,000 times already, Hell Razah just kills this shit, he went in on here, the only difference is the added Shabazz verse which is mad dope aswell, HE DID NOT disappoint, flowed on this joint mad nice, beat is pure heat aswell, smooth but a banger. 4.5/5
12. Confessions of a T.H.U.G. Angel (Closing)
Beat is hot but this isn't really a track.
13. 144,000
I like the sample on this joint, you can tell they going to war or should I say already at war, they just slaughter this joint, the beat is a banger and they both go in on here, what more could you ask for, they delivered the heat. 4/5

Beats - 4/5
Lyrics - 4.5/5
Overall - 4/5

This is a pretty solid release, the beats are banging, but some kinda of don't and you want to hear some head bangers after the opening tracks, I think they lacked in that department, the lyrics are some of the best I've heard in a long time, if this is only the prequel imagine the album.....****Overall 4/5****

hide1998
07-30-2008, 02:15 PM
This album is really dope. Absolutely a must own for true heads. Almost on par with Renaissance Child from last year. I would say it is on par with Razah's Ladder (which was also great). Shabazz & Razah brought their A-game for sure.

check two
08-04-2008, 06:07 PM
So is this album comprised of all new songs, or are there older songs on it also?

Hollow Dartz
08-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Only one old joint. (Under the wing)

THE MASON
08-04-2008, 11:19 PM
I just my ordered copy today, so listened to about 4 or 5 times already. It has definitely bangin tracks, Razah and Bazz are murderous together. The only thing is that, i havent really heard Bazz go off like he did on Gravediggaz or some of his other tracks. I also didnt really think they needed to remix autobiography.

Other then that, which is easy enough to get over this cd was needed in the collection

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
08-09-2008, 10:41 PM
I just my ordered copy today, so listened to about 4 or 5 times already. It has definitely bangin tracks, Razah and Bazz are murderous together. The only thing is that, i havent really heard Bazz go off like he did on Gravediggaz or some of his other tracks. I also didnt really think they needed to remix autobiography.

Other then that, which is easy enough to get over this cd was needed in the collection

yeah bronze they didn't need to remake or remix rather autobiography but i think Razah is on top his game man Bazz i wish came harder but they both spit to a level that i've heard few cats do over the last few years and that's stay consistant throughout the records man still haven't been able to find this locally so i'm gonna have to order it either off amazon or chambermusik

RynMur
08-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Top 10 of 2008; The best wu-affiliated album of the year...and it's just a prequel. The only track I wasn't feeling was Gang Love.

Top 5: Welcome To Red Hook Houses, Jail Saga, The Obituary (E.B.G.G.), My Brother's Keeper, Under The Wing

Grade: (4/5) A-

wuswordz95
08-17-2008, 05:29 AM
i listen to the ALBUM ata record store. since im short oon cash i dont know what to buy thug angels or the new gza

NoSaidDate420
08-17-2008, 10:39 AM
^^^ thug angelz has more replay value imo.

11th Chamber
08-17-2008, 06:17 PM
yeah bronze they didn't need to remake or remix rather autobiography but i think Razah is on top his game man Bazz i wish came harder but they both spit to a level that i've heard few cats do over the last few years and that's stay consistant throughout the records man still haven't been able to find this locally so i'm gonna have to order it either off amazon or chambermusik

BSBD did the remake, and the original

Maccabee Ridah
08-17-2008, 10:14 PM
i listen to the ALBUM ata record store. since im short oon cash i dont know what to buy thug angels or the new gza

GZA for sure! Album is 10x better!

P.E.A.C.E.

infamous2702
09-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Great LP, too bad the distro sucks for the release. Fuck Babygrande.

Homebrew
11-30-2008, 11:26 PM
i be banging the hell outta this shit. 9 and 10 are the only tracks i cant vibe with. Gang love is my shit though. thats a real tough hook. i generally thing Bazz came better on the album, but i wasnt dissapointed with Razah at all. i also didnt like the remixed beat to "audiobiography" at first. but it grew on my to be one of my favorite beats on the album. it definitely makes me want to hear there new shit.

Durag
12-03-2008, 06:57 AM
Pretty dull album. Yeah its all solid enough, but nothing stands out too much. Razah and Shabbaz are pretty dope, but the production is pretty thin, and doesnt offer much replay value.

Homebrew
12-10-2008, 07:51 PM
in jail saga, what does he mean "throwing the ol dirty one up" ?? never heard that before. . .

GhettoGnom
12-11-2008, 10:21 AM
I voted banger, but want to change it to Superior.