PDA

View Full Version : How do you properly greet white people?

begongo
07-10-2008, 02:53 PM
The thing is I'm going to a fully english-taught programme at uni and they made this sort of myspace/facebook/hi5 thing for the freshmen and we started getting in touch with each other on msn now.

So I'm talking to these foreign people who I don't know if I have anything in common with yet and I got no idea how to greet them in 'proper english' or whatever it's called. I'm talking especially about greeting at the end of discussion.

I always say "peace" cuz I've never used any other greeting in english really, but I know they find it funny or whatever. Saying "bye" is as lame as saying "how do you do" when you meet so I pass that. So what other greetings are there ? I sometimes use "see ya" which seems to be fit for the middle class homosexual but what else can I use?

VZA
07-10-2008, 03:03 PM
"Aight?" - Combination of "Hello" and "Are you alright?", very popular among middle class turds.

"Yo" - Although not usually associated with middle class folk, is commonly used by them these days.

"Hello/Hi" - Obvious ones, not too strenuous, and probably won't make you want to kill yourself after saying them.

"Sup mate/pal/buddy/friend/frund/shitface" - Probably your best bet if you want these people to like you.

End of a conversation?

"Peace" is always OK, although you're better off with;

"Later/Laters [mate/pal/buddy/friend/frund/dickface]" - Always good.

"Goodbye" - OK, but a bit over dramatic and cringe worthy.

"Cya/See ya/See you" - This is OK, although a bit homo.

"Ciao!" - Perfect for all situations, unless it's a girl you're talking to, then she'll probably think you're a fag and introduce you to her brother Frederik who likes leather jeans and sings in the shower.

Hope this helps.

Surreptitious
07-10-2008, 03:04 PM
you extend your hand, give a frim handshake and say How are you, I'm, (full name) and when they say there name you say good to meet you (first name)

HANZO
07-10-2008, 03:06 PM
selam aleykum

works with everyone.

VZA
07-10-2008, 03:06 PM
you extend your hand, give a frim handshake and say How are you, I'm, (full name) and when they say there name you say good to meet you (first name)

He talks to them on MSN. Anyway, the fact that they're middle class doesn't mean you act like some dick at a tennis club.

begongo
07-10-2008, 03:11 PM
"Aight?" - Combination of "Hello" and "Are you alright?", very popular among middle class turds.

"Yo" - Although not usually associated with middle class folk, is commonly used by them these days.

"Hello/Hi" - Obvious ones, not too strenuous, and probably won't make you want to kill yourself after saying them.

"Sup mate/pal/buddy/friend/frund/shitface" - Probably your best bet if you want these people to like you.

End of a conversation?

"Peace" is always OK, although you're better off with;

"Later/Laters [mate/pal/buddy/friend/frund/dickface]" - Always good.

"Goodbye" - OK, but a bit over dramatic and cringe worthy.

"Cya/See ya/See you" - This is OK, although a bit homo.

"Ciao!" - Perfect for all situations, unless it's a girl you're talking to, then she'll probably think you're a fag and introduce you to her brother Frederik who likes leather jeans and sings in the shower.

Hope this helps.
thanks, "later" is one that I haven't really thought of, I'll use that
I'm shocked that people use "aight?" as a greet-question lol
He talks to them on MSN. Anyway, the fact that they're middle class doesn't mean you act like some dick at a tennis club.
^
selam aleykum

works with everyone.
aleykum salam if you respond I know

kurupt_kw
07-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Just say "Begongo...out".

kurupt_kw
07-10-2008, 03:35 PM
If you say laters you will be looked at as a homosexual.

If you say aight you'll get a WTF kind of look.

Use later. Can't go wrong with that.

Kong
07-10-2008, 03:40 PM
say what the fuck you feel like saying. stop being such a little bitch about race and shit to.

King Lizard
07-10-2008, 03:41 PM
For me, it depends on the situation. I mean, you got white guys who talk slang, so how would you greet them (trick question)? If they are those corporate types, you just simply say "hello, how are you doing?" It works the same for black people when you greet them. You are not going to greet a 50-year-old black man the same way that you would greet a 25-year-old black man right? You usually can tell how to greet them by giving them a quick lookover. Does that make any sense? You are free to add to this if you like.

begongo
07-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Shit I don't know what to say cuz at my uni there's gonna be 50% people from abroad and 50% dutch, and also from the so called "dutch" many got foreign roots

I always feel comfortable with foreigners but apparently they're quite sensitive and shit, I mean I saw their pics and I thought commenting them was ok ... I told a black guy from USA that had a dope oldschool bucket hat on in his pic something like "shit man you look like LL Cool J in that pic! for real" and he was like "I will take that as a compliment" LOL WTF
and also this other guy had a pic of him and a ginger kid and I was like "who's the ginger kid? hahah" and he answered "that is my friend" WHAT THE FUCK, why are these people so sensitive about appearance?

this is why I'm concerned about talking to them cuz we'll be classmates for 3 years now and shit I wanna start on the right foot
perhaps some real life communicational advice would also help cuz I'm astonished ... are all the university peeps the same?

NIGHT MAYOR
07-10-2008, 04:17 PM
yeah a men in australia have to shake hands its a way of showing your equal, and;

how are ya ?
hows it going ?
howdy.
hello (hahaha)
nice to meet you.
greetings.

shit like that.

and good bye;

catcha later
cya
bye

begongo
07-10-2008, 04:21 PM
I don't know man .. in my conversations I used "word" and "aight" and they found it funny and some even asked me what "aight" means for fucks sake!

and do people actually use "good bye" ? serious question

GreenPoop!
07-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Pull the Fonz. "AYYYYYYYYY". We love that stuff.

Ritter
07-10-2008, 04:27 PM
I don't know man .. in my conversations I used "word" and "aight" and they found it funny and some even asked me what "aight" means for fucks sake!

and do people actually use "good bye" ? serious question

When I talk with my uncle on MSN, he says good bye, even though we speak Serbian. So I guess it's the "elder" variant.

I usually use cya, or bb to say goodbye, and hello,'sup and hi to say hello.

HANZO
07-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Begongo i get you man. but dnt worry about it man. once everyone in the class starts getting to know each other its all cool.

the only sensitives kids in my class at uni was the rich ppl. my class is full of millionaire arabs, and other foriegn kids. all very well educated.
as the year went on and the rich kids understood the ghetto behaviour they got less sensitive.

begongo
07-10-2008, 04:40 PM
when they will be mature enough I will show them the vid I made for wucorp lol

WARPATH
07-10-2008, 05:07 PM
The thing is I'm going to a fully english-taught programme at uni and they made this sort of myspace/facebook/hi5 thing for the freshmen and we started getting in touch with each other on msn now.

So I'm talking to these foreign people who I don't know if I have anything in common with yet and I got no idea how to greet them in 'proper english' or whatever it's called. I'm talking especially about greeting at the end of discussion.

I always say "peace" cuz I've never used any other greeting in english really, but I know they find it funny or whatever. Saying "bye" is as lame as saying "how do you do" when you meet so I pass that. So what other greetings are there ? I sometimes use "see ya" which seems to be fit for the middle class homosexual but what else can I use?

Solid.

Side note, I can hear Begongo's vampire accent every time I read his posts now.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-10-2008, 05:13 PM
wassup is universal.

Ritter
07-10-2008, 05:16 PM
wassup is universal.

Is it just me?

Or is 2L8 back?

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Is it just me?

Or is 2L8 back?

its not you, ts me hhhhhhhhh

Ritter
07-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Meh... thought so. Hahaa

RIINě
07-10-2008, 05:31 PM
buenos dias amigo

salam habibi

konichiwa bitches

sieg heil motherfukker

Ritter
07-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Konichiwa Bitches is great.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-10-2008, 05:39 PM
i didnt think anyone would feel my funky abcence haha

STYLE
07-10-2008, 05:53 PM
wassup or sup

but to be honest flavorful greetings always make a lasting impression.

especially in response to a greeting.

"hey begongo wassup?"

not too much chillin like a polar bears toenail. wassup with you?

"begongo wassup man?"

tryna make a dollar outta 15 cents. whats the situation?

feel me homeskillet?

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-10-2008, 06:12 PM
. you gotta ponytail, the world is yours

lmao

100pr00f
07-10-2008, 07:06 PM
hello their ..my fellow white man

top of the morn to ya

what up crackkka

hello (insert random white man name)

KLIION JENSEN
07-10-2008, 07:29 PM
[COLOR=Magenta]
not too much chillin like a polar bears toenail. wassup with you?

lol, i like that one

what up crackkka

i constantly use that, even with black people, but only when they greet me with "wuddup n**ga"

"whats good??" for the start of the convo, people like it cos its kinda giving them the opprtunity to talk..

"peace" is always at the end of a convo..

end of the day fuck whether people are gonna giggle or whatever, you type how you talk, the way you talk is part of you & your personality, part of what makes you you, why the fuck should you have to change who you are cos some people find it funny that you say "peace" instead of goodbye or whatever, just do you.

SKAMPOE
07-11-2008, 01:48 AM
http://www.boners.com/content/806031.1.jpg

begongo
07-11-2008, 02:44 AM
end of the day fuck whether people are gonna giggle or whatever, you type how you talk, the way you talk is part of you & your personality, part of what makes you you, why the fuck should you have to change who you are cos some people find it funny that you say "peace" instead of goodbye or whatever, just do you.
true
I do that around here, I talk any fuckin way I want and I don't give the slightest shit what people think about it, cuz I know loads of other people that are cool with me the way I am and I'm cool with them equally

but now I'm moving to another country, another city, meet corporate bastards, etc and I don't wanna be an outcast at least not in the beginning when I don't have anyone to hang with yet

it's obvious that in a couple of months you can filter your acquaintances and not give a shit about them cuz you got other people to hang with, but till then I gotta socialize without being "the freak"

Marlo Stanfield
07-11-2008, 02:52 AM
im white... and when i talk to other white people i have similar questions...
white people are hard to figure out, especially these days
but im in michigan and the whole world looks funny from here, so my opinions are tainted like slum village

begongo
07-11-2008, 04:17 AM
im white... and when i talk to other white people i have similar questions...
white people are hard to figure out, especially these days
but im in michigan and the whole world looks funny from here, so my opinions are tainted like slum villageat least share some dos and don'ts

Durag
07-11-2008, 04:44 AM
Over here, if im talkin to people like me, its 'alrite', 'wats da story' 'story sham' (irish version of 'sup nigga') 'wats da craic', (that last one is just an irish thing though), for greeting.
For older, more extingusied people its 'hows it going', 'hows things' 'how are ya getting on', or just plain 'hello' for greeting.

For goodbye, for my people its 'chat ya later' 'gud luck sham' 'chat ya n a bit', and for everyone else it would be 'goodbye', 'c u later' 'talk to you again'

J-Cee
07-11-2008, 04:55 AM
say "Im out nigga"
lol...
nah to say goodbye usually
"Seeya"
"Take it Easy"
"Later,Later Bro"

for greeting sum1..usually
"How ya Goin"How Ya Doin
"Hey",Hey Bro,Hey Man
One that i use...."Whats Crackin"

etc etc...

KLIION JENSEN
07-11-2008, 05:25 AM
true
I do that around here, I talk any fuckin way I want and I don't give the slightest shit what people think about it, cuz I know loads of other people that are cool with me the way I am and I'm cool with them equally

but now I'm moving to another country, another city, meet corporate bastards, etc and I don't wanna be an outcast at least not in the beginning when I don't have anyone to hang with yet

it's obvious that in a couple of months you can filter your acquaintances and not give a shit about them cuz you got other people to hang with, but till then I gotta socialize without being "the freak"

well just be polite to these crackers then, do the whole Hello & Goodbye thing, when you need to do it, you've got to remember that everybody that you're gonna be meeting in your classes etc are gonna be in the same boat as you, they're new, they don't know nobody either, just try not to outcast yourself..

Olive Oil Goombah
07-11-2008, 07:03 PM
how ya doin?

Ginnsey
07-12-2008, 05:05 AM
When you say "propper english" do you mean talking to people who are from England? or do you just mean the correct way people say we are supposed to talk?

Cus no one in england speaks "propper english"

Everyone here just says "Alrite" or "Alrite Mate" (well in the north west uk anyway)

KERZO
07-12-2008, 05:33 AM
Greet - either 'Hey!' or 'Wasabi'

Depart - either 'Catch ya later' or 'Ciao'

thats all...

RAMESH
07-12-2008, 07:10 AM
How do you properly greet white people?
with a blunt & a beer

KLIION JENSEN
07-12-2008, 08:10 AM
How do you properly greet white people?
with a blunt & a beer

shit, thats probably the best thing you've ever posted on here, damn, a blunt & a beer....i like that

RAMESH
07-12-2008, 08:12 AM
i was going to say by putting my hands in their pockets, see i told ya'll i'm not a bad guy

Olive Oil Goombah
07-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Actually, the proper way is the first bow your head in our presence. If your black
or Muslim you only approach within ten feet. You than ask permission to come closer.
If given permission, you crawl on your hands and knees until you come to the feet.

WITH PERMISSION, you kiss the white mans feet and slowly, WHILE BOWING YOUR HEAD,
come to one knee and say the following words..

Oh Controller of the Globe, I am but a Crumb Compared to Your Royal Lineage. Is There Anything I May Do To Help Serve You Better?

If the white man says no and allows you to speak than speak. But NEVER raise your voice to him nor take your face off the ground.

Thats the proper greeting.

IrOnMaN
07-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Why would any of you give white people that much power? Ya'll some weak ass muthafuckas!

RAMESH
07-12-2008, 08:34 PM
it's funny how the cycle of life changes

The Grandmaster
07-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Why would any of you give white people that much power? Ya'll some weak ass muthafuckas!

i fucking hate this guy, no wonder u have no friends in real life fag

IrOnMaN
07-13-2008, 12:45 PM
i fucking hate this guy, no wonder u have no friends in real life fag

I just asked a question, you nigga. This thread is beyond ignorant. People discussing different ways on how to greet different races. Are you fucking serious?

No disrespect to anybody, but some of you people are lost in life, seriously. Greet a black person in an ignorant way. Greet a white person like he/she is a God. Greet an Asian like shit, etc. The bullshit goes on. When will it stop?

Grandmaster, you're a 31 year old mofo that has shit.}:| Thank you for everything. I really appreciate it.

/goes to the gym

begongo
07-13-2008, 12:46 PM
damn you must be stupid, Ironman I love you

IrOnMaN
07-13-2008, 12:54 PM
damn you must be stupid, Ironman I love you

I'm stupid? I greet people (all races) by saying "Hello", "Goodbye", "Good Morning", and "Goodnite". That's all there is to it. It's that simply. It doesn't required great knowledge about a certain race. You're just saying either hello or goodbye. It's not rocket space, homeboy. It's a dumb question if you ask me. Thank you and have a nice day!:)

Longbongcilvaringz
07-13-2008, 01:06 PM
i fucking hate the formality of shaking hands.

it is such a unnecessary and troublesome social tradition.

and it seems that if you meet a certain person during the day, or during mundane day to day life, the handdshake isnt necessary.

but if your out and about, freshin it, on a saturday night, the ladsy handshake is a fucking conversation prerequisite.

fuck the frail shit.

when i see people i know i say "hi" or "hey" and when i depart i say "see ya" or some variant.

The Grandmaster
07-13-2008, 01:09 PM
I just asked a question, you nigga. This thread is beyond ignorant. People discussing different ways on how to greet different races. Are you fucking serious?

No disrespect to anybody, but some of you people are lost in life, seriously. Greet a black person in an ignorant way. Greet a white person like he/she is a God. Greet an Asian like shit, etc. The bullshit goes on. When will it stop?

Grandmaster, you're a 31 year old mofo that has shit.}:| Thank you for everything. I really appreciate it.

/goes to the gym

and this is why i hate you

fucking sergeant stills is katt wiliams compared to you

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5192/25455zz2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
(plz excuse my poor google game)

The Grandmaster
07-13-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm stupid? I greet people (all races) by saying "Hello", "Goodbye", "Good Morning", and "Goodnite". That's all there is to it. It's that simply. It doesn't required great knowledge about a certain race. You're just saying either hello or goodbye. It's not rocket space, homeboy. It's a dumb question if you ask me. Thank you and have a nice day!:)

uhh... weren't you suposed to be at the gym to release ur frustration after experiencing racist and stereotypical comments on the internet?

Longbongcilvaringz
07-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Im not sure how i feel about that image as like, an internet cliche or whatever.

Jean is like the only person he has any feelings for, and he never injures her, so that pic is a pretty severely erroneous.

IrOnMaN
07-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Hello and goodbye

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-13-2008, 04:05 PM
man, since begongo went red, he forgot some things quite quickly!

Guarded By Martyrs
07-13-2008, 04:14 PM
i fucking hate the formality of shaking hands.

it is such a unnecessary and troublesome social tradition.

and it seems that if you meet a certain person during the day, or during mundane day to day life, the handdshake isnt necessary.

but if your out and about, freshin it, on a saturday night, the ladsy handshake is a fucking conversation prerequisite.

fuck the frail shit.

when i see people i know i say "hi" or "hey" and when i depart i say "see ya" or some variant.

Hahahaha...
Quality...I agree with Patrick.

DUMBO
07-13-2008, 05:08 PM
toodle loo is the correct greeting and farewell.

HANZO
07-13-2008, 05:12 PM
greeting ppl properly is very important. back in my homeland in the 70's if you greeted someone the way a commie would. you would get shot on the spot. same if you greeted a commie the way a fascist would, you got shot. hell if you had a certain beard type you got shot.

be careful ppl.

pep
07-13-2008, 05:39 PM
bearded like taliban^^