07-11-2008, 12:14 AM
thoughts?

KERZO
07-11-2008, 05:52 AM
bawbag

Trismegistos
07-11-2008, 08:08 AM
thoughts?

Yeah I reckon he'd be the kind of person to buy a bottle of soda and not share any with his kids!

Heartless!

RAMESH
07-11-2008, 06:34 PM
G8 'humiliates' Mbeki
10/07/2008 14:53 - (SA)

Johannesburg - A call by eight of the world's most powerful leaders to send a UN envoy to Zimbabwe and press for new sanctions against Robert Mugabe (http://www.whoswhosa.co.za/Pages/profilefull.aspx?IndID=3562)'s regime is a stinging humiliation for long-time mediator Thabo Mbeki (http://www.whoswhosa.co.za/Pages/profilefull.aspx?IndID=895) and his policy of quiet diplomacy, said analysts on Wednesday.
Mbeki, who was at the G8 summit in Japan, had long argued he was best placed to broker a settlement between Zimbabwe's governing party and opposition and that sanctions would only worsen the situation.
But while world leaders had previously been willing to leave the hot potato of Zimbabwe in his lap, observers said Tuesday's statement by the G8 showed they had run of patience with the Mbeki's softly-softly approach.
"It is extremely humiliating," said Hussein Solomon, director of the Pretoria-based Centre for International Policy studies.
Solomon said that Mbeki's refusal to criticise Mugabe had not only been discredited in the eyes of the West but was regarded with increasing scepticism closer to home.
Blair backs Mbeki
He said: "Various African countries, Kenya, Botswana, Zambia, have all been critical of Mr Mugabe, and for some reason Mr Mbeki refuses to budge. This is partly his personality, he would have to accept his failure."
Mbeki had been involved in mediating the crisis in neighbouring Zimbabwe since his counterpart Robert Mugabe allegedly rigged his 2002 re-election.
He was again appointed as mediator by the Southern African Development Community (SADC) in March last year after a crackdown by Zimbabwe's security services left opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai (http://www.whoswhosa.co.za/Pages/profilefull.aspx?IndID=3575) in hospital with head injuries.
The South African leader, now into his last year as president, had always been the go-to man for the international community who had relied on him to carve the African solution they backed as being the answer to the crisis.
Tony Blair, speaking in South Africa during a farewell visit as British prime minister last year, gave his backing to Mbeki's efforts and stressed that there had to be "an African solution for Zimbabwe".
US President George W Bush also originally lobbied African leaders to use their influence on Mugabe but he had also visibly lost patience with their relatively timid approach.
G8 calls for sanctions against Zim
As the African Union called last week for the establishment of a national unity government in Zimbabwe following Mugabe's re-election in a one-man poll, the European Union announced it would only deal with an administration led by Tsvangirai who boycotted the run-off ballot after attacks on his supporters.
"What they (G8) have done is accept the position of Mr Tsvangirai," said Solomon.
The Johannesburg-based The Star newspaper's foreign editor Peter Fabricius wrote on Wednesday that the G8 called for sanctions and a special UN envoy amounted to a "slap in the face" for Mbeki and "an implicit vote of no confidence" in his mediation efforts.
His view was echoed by Karin Alexander of the Institute for Democracy in Southern Africa, who said the G8 call indicated a "falling level of confidence in Mbeki's mediation".
While Alexander said the move should not be interpreted as an outright snub to Mbeki, it was a sign he needed to be more open about how negotiations were proceeding.
"A UN envoy is a way to get a clearer picture on the ground," she said.
Tsvangirai's relations with Mbeki were notoriously bad, with the MDC leader - who pushed Mugabe into second place in the first round of voting in March - regarding the South African as blatantly biased.

Olive Oil Goombah
07-11-2008, 06:41 PM
The so called African Hitler

TSA
07-11-2008, 08:58 PM
he's obviously not that bad at all. Everything he's doing that seems fucked up is western propaganda cause he owned white ppl.

but he should step down and allow democracy to develop in zimbabwe naturally cause it's holding back a country with a lot of potential.

the black zimbabweans support the land reallocation so much it's hard to imagine the next guy to step in office reverse it which is what he fears i think.

but 'the african hitler' is abit heavy. id give it to Leopold, the Beligian colonial master of congo.

HANZO
07-11-2008, 09:09 PM
i do think the west portraying him as 'african hitler' is wrong.

the guy jus wants a totally independent Zimbabwe, that is not under influence from any other country, let alone former colonial powers.

its the way his doing it though, his actions are making his own ppl suffer. he should step down now, cause he damaging Zimbabwe.

they lucky that Russia and China aint as fuked up as Western nations and have vetoed the proposed sanctions on the country. when will the UN wake up and realise that sanctions hurt the ppl more than it does the government.

Olive Oil Goombah
07-11-2008, 09:40 PM
I personally do not feel that way about him. I'm not educated enough about the situation
to make a pro or con statement about him. But that is the label I came across on the internet
when I've seen his name in the past.

Propaganda indeed.

dezmond
07-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Obviously not as much of a tyrant as the media makes him out to be..... But shouldnt go around beating people up cos they dont agree with him...... Makes him seem like a bully...

He is highlighting some of the blatant hipocracy in western government(G8)......

TSA
07-13-2008, 12:15 PM
but at the same time being a huge hipocrat

Strange Fruit
07-13-2008, 01:05 PM
agree with all of you..
another thing is, the media highlights him and ignores everyone else.
Africa is swarming with dictatorial leaders -- only difference is their country armies
are NOT party forces as with Mugabe. the zanu PF has its own army, which is
the zimbabwean army and the truth is.... anything the party doesnt like,
regardless of the country; the army will act on.

Morgan Tsvangirai, despite what he tells international affiliates, cannot simply take over from Mugabe because zimbabwe needs an army, and Mugabe runs that army.
Which is precisely why Mbeki cannot act with haste, Mugabe's removal from presidency will have to be negotiated, so as to maintain peace between Tsvangirai and Zanu.

maestro wooz
07-13-2008, 05:14 PM
fuck em, if he can say fuck you to white people then as a white person i can say fuck you to him for saying fuck you to white people. Im fairly knowledgeable on the situation and i have no love for someone who strong armed themself to power and then ruined his country.

TSA
07-13-2008, 05:25 PM
idk what ^that guys talking about but he never said fuck white ppl.

Mugabe has done what he can and needs to back the fuck up cause he's being a douche.