PDA

View Full Version : How do I sample pt. 2?

The Eighth Sonn
08-23-2005, 08:30 AM
I just got fruity loops 5 but I don't know how to add a sample (in wav. format) to my

beat. How do I do that? What menu etc.?

I also got the BeatSlicer program. I thought that in this program I would be able to

open any sample/track in wav. format and edit it in the BeatSlicer. But everytime I try

and open a file, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Peace & Thanx

The Eighth Sonn/

BrokenWrists
08-23-2005, 11:48 AM
Well, what u do is hook up a mic to the back of my hard drive in the mic plug. Then u find something u want on a cd. Then, hold the mic up to the speaker, turn it up loud for the sample comes out good, open up ur computers recording program, and record.

BrokenWrists
08-23-2005, 11:54 AM
O yea, then u save the sample file, and u put the file in ur SAMPLER folder in ur fruity loops program folder....the location of it is this way exactly.....Image-Line, Fruity-Loops 5, Data, Patches, Channel Presets, and Sampler. Good luck.

BrokenWrists
08-23-2005, 11:56 AM
1 more thing, to find ur sample in fruity loops, open up Channel Presets then open up Sampler, then ur good to go. zPeace

The Eighth Sonn
08-23-2005, 03:30 PM
^^^ I already have the sample. The problem is that I can't open it in FL.

Evolution
08-24-2005, 09:28 PM
I always cut my samples in Cool Edit and save them to a folder in Fruity Loops as a .WAV

rzarazorrzarazorsharp
08-24-2005, 10:41 PM
there are little boxes with the name of the sound on your patterns....right click one and go to insert channel and then select "sampler"......then another box will appear saying "sampler"....right click the "sample" box and then select "load sample"...an explorer should appear...then look for the wav. file you want to use and double click it and should load.

PEACE.

Raptics
08-26-2005, 12:03 PM
I used to use windows sound recorder to cut samples. Now thats ghetto.

rzarazorrzarazorsharp
08-29-2005, 02:08 PM
I used to use windows sound recorder to cut samples. Now thats ghetto.
lmaooo...WOW...I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!....PEACE TO YOU.