PDA

View Full Version : Get Learned - Why Gas Prices Are Goin' Up...

L~>1<~NKS
07-16-2008, 06:07 PM
THIS APPLY'S MOSTLY TO NORTH AMERICANS BUT AFFECTS THE WERLD REGARDLESS....

TO MOST OF YOU - ITS A "NO SHIT" BUT FOR THOSE WHO ARE A LIL WET BEHIND THE EARS...

NbakN7SLdbk

AND JUS THROWIN' THIS IN....

xIPART47bIs&feature=related

Blackula Spectacula
07-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Duhhh ... so much for Freedom

MAYOR QUIMBY
07-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Watch the Colbert Report.

Huggasaurus Sex
07-16-2008, 10:39 PM
oil in the gulf of mexico is much, much more expensive to extract than the oil in the middle east. it's underwater dude.

between china and india alone, 2 billion people are steadily demanding more and more oil. that's one big reason why the price of oil has been going up.

and because the iraq war disrupted iraq's oil production and caused tensions in the region that threaten to disrupt supplies.

and because ethanol subsidies are a failed energy solution.

also because all of the major surveys - government sponsored, independent, and private sector - all indicate that global oil production will peak within the next 10 - 15 years.

and also because the dollar, the currency in which oil prices are set, has lost much of its value in the past few years due to loose monetary policy and ballooning of government debt.

that's why the price of gas is going up, but anyway:

high gas prices = less consumption = better for the planet

live with it...

L~>1<~NKS
07-16-2008, 10:51 PM
oil in the gulf of mexico is much, much more expensive to extract than the oil in the middle east. it's underwater dude.

between china and india alone, 2 billion people are steadily demanding more and more oil. that's one big reason why the price of oil has been going up.

and because the iraq war disrupted iraq's oil production and caused tensions in the region that threaten to disrupt supplies.

and because ethanol subsidies are a failed energy solution.

also because all of the major surveys - government sponsored, independent, and private sector - all indicate that global oil production will peak within the next 10 - 15 years.

and also because the dollar, the currency in which oil prices are set, has lost much of its value in the past few years due to loose monetary policy and ballooning of government debt.

that's why the price of gas is going up, but anyway:

live with it...

Sun u've changed since the last time I saw u @ that getty u invited me too:

100% http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e120/noonsunn/l_89e97979fe238203532605bbb8285c67.jpg?t=121626583 5

Ya seem more conservative now n shit..

Huggasaurus Sex
07-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Ya seem firmer now n shit..fixed

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x75/Humanface_Huggah/hfacehugger.jpg

L~>1<~NKS
07-16-2008, 11:09 PM
hahaaaaaaa!!

Never forget the essence gawd.

The Hound
07-16-2008, 11:44 PM

problem is people aren't consuming less petrol/gas in the end we're probably consuming more and i don't know about where you live but in my city we have to drive because we have the worst public transport system in the world. egyptians riding to work on camels are more effective than our buses and trains and what you spend on a full tank of petrol you probably spend in a good taxi ride and it also doesn't help when the government blocks off road access into the city to force people to use a tunnel they don't want to simply because they paid hundreds of millions of dollars to use and need the revenue from the tolls to pay it off

Huggasaurus Sex
07-17-2008, 12:32 AM
i don't know about oz but here in the matrix mainframe gas consumption is definitely down...

As average gas prices hit a record high of $4.108 a gallon this week, the government released new data showing that drivers have cut back their use of the fuel to levels not seen in five years.

The average price of gasoline in the U.S. has been above $4 a regular gallon for more than a month, AAA reports, putting a dent in gasoline demand.

Even through the Fourth of July weekend -- a time when Americans traditionally get on the road -- gasoline consumption dropped 3.3% from last year to 9.347 million barrels a day, according to weekly data released by the federal Energy Information Administration. For the first week of July, that is the least drivers have used since 2003, when consumption was 9.05 million barrels a day.

TSA
07-17-2008, 12:37 AM
something tells me your handshakes aren't as firm as you claim

a firmhandshaker cannot be a master of hugs as well, it's either one of the other

a firm hand shaker is stern, mail, proud, diginified
characteristics that'll turn a deep human face hug into a casual awkward side to side man hug.

Huggasaurus Sex
07-17-2008, 02:11 AM
i'm a master of all greetings that involve physical human contact.

fall back.