PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: BUSTA RHYMES GOT DROPPED FROM INTERSCOPE/AFTERMATH

Edgar Erebus
07-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Busta Rhymes off the Math (http://www.aftermathmusic.com/blog/?p=50)

It’s official - Busta Rhymes got dropped from Interscope/Aftermath. It was reported that Busta Rhymes was dropped from Interscope due to a heated argument with Jimmy Iovine. He later confirmed that the album would be released in late September on Aftermath. www.Aftermathmusic.com (http://www.Aftermathmusic.com) contacted the general manager of Aftermath.

“Yes, it’s true. He got dropped.”, so the General Manager of Aftermath.

“Blessed” is scheduled to release in September, but not on Aftermath.

Source:

http://www.aftermathmusic.com/vs2008/_blog/index.html

Comments?

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Busta Rhymes? People still buying his shit?

TSA
07-17-2008, 10:48 AM
^LOL!

fuckin weak news.
his albums sounds like it's gonna be straight crack from the damage he's been doing on mixtapes.

that's a fuckin injustice, it's probably gonna get delayed, underfunded and not promoted now

Edgar Erebus
07-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Busta Rhymes? People still buying his shit?

Well, given that Big Bang was chart-topper and went gold, you can hang yourself on a first hook without having feeling that world'll miss anything.

Ritter
07-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Busta is colossal.

SL33
07-17-2008, 11:05 AM
i think he'll find a new label very soon. fuck interscope. but maybe he'll consider independent route too....(probably not, cause he did have mainstream impact in past couple of years)

12weLvE
07-17-2008, 11:09 AM
I own every single Busta album, so I am def compping. Plus Busta is better than ever. Big Bang had the potential to be a classic album.

INF
07-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Guess he didnt keep it "Gutta" enough for Jimmy who was on the intro for Genesis. lmao

I was just thinking how that intro was a sucker mover on Busta's part. Now every time he hears that shit he gonna be salty. ahahahahaha

This kinda shit happens when you fuck with mf's like that. Aftermath/ Interscope is run by slime balls. Fuck that shit even if you Busta.

EDIT - Scratch that , that was Clive Davis on the intro and not Jimmy

even still , you already know what it is.

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-17-2008, 11:31 AM
ahahahahaha, SlimT spat out his cereal reading my comment and lost his grip on Bus-a Bust's nuts, fell to the floor, got pissed off, brushed himself down, and posted this:

Well, given that Big Bang was chart-topper and went gold, you can hang yourself on a first hook without having feeling that world'll miss anything.

Jammin
07-17-2008, 11:40 AM
LOL this nigga is playing too much, i dont care for him anymore,

rah digga, lord have mercy, serious and all them niggaz who left the squad, now i know why

Edgar Erebus
07-17-2008, 11:40 AM
ahahahahaha, SlimT spat out his cereal reading my comment and lost his grip on Bus-a Bust's nuts, fell to the floor, got pissed off, brushed himself down, and posted this:
Did I say anything wrong in my post? 'Cause you did say something wrong (in fact, disturbingly stupid) in your post.

About me swinging on Busta's nuts, I was always the loudest one in the bunch saying that Big Bang sucked. Comprende?

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-17-2008, 11:57 AM
About me swinging on Busta's nuts, I was always the loudest one in the bunch saying that Big Bang sucked. Comprende?

What, in the bunch of people swinging on his nuts?

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
07-17-2008, 12:04 PM
LOL this nigga is playing too much, i dont care for him anymore,

rah digga, lord have mercy, serious and all them niggaz who left the squad, now i know why

yeah I feel you on that even tough I will always will give busta a fair shot but as of late i think his music has been sub par, honestly I liked that compilation "After the Bang" better than "Big Bang"

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Raekwon is still there tho? Dummy.

CharlesJones
07-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Busta's new song is trash and i won't buy his new album anyway. Anarchy was his last good album to me.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-17-2008, 04:35 PM
^LOL!

fuckin weak news.
his albums sounds like it's gonna be straight crack from the damage he's been doing on mixtapes.

that's a fuckin injustice, it's probably gonna get delayed, underfunded and not promoted now

pretty much is prolly gon happen

killafifth
07-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Bustah fell off with the last album tryen to be to gansta to me he was just tryen to do what sells then do a cuople of traditional hiphop joints but they weren't enough?$%^&*() if he wants to make an impact he has to go back 2 his roots dugeon dragon style (*$%^&*() his career is either gonna pick up or come to an end with this new album truthfuly I haven't been impressed with him in a while untill I heard him on the nigga album he needs to get back on his dean and be the god that he is and do him stay in his lane and stop tryen to be agangaster telling washed up drugdealer stories of what he used to do and who hw knows he has never really been on that shit untill the industry made that shit the in thing to do so I say !@#$%^&* this to busta be the god that you are fuck the industry put your own shit out and let the people decide your fate 0101110101

whitey
07-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Trash? you serious.

I thought busta was finished, but dude has put out like 3 or 4 heater cuts in a row.

Dirty Knowledge
07-20-2008, 11:30 PM
Busta still keeps it real with his shit, main thing I like about dude is he's still about having fun. It hasn't gone to his head yet, at least not in his music. I don't think so.

Maybe parting ways with the Jew will get his career back in order.

Edgar Erebus
07-21-2008, 03:53 AM
Raekwon is still there tho? Dummy.

Nah, Raekwon is out too.

Current roster of Aftermath Entertainment is:

Dr. Dre
Eminem
50 Cent
Bishop Lamont
Eve (incredible she's still on, she there for six years now and album is still not in sight)
Marsha Ambrosius
Stat Quo
Tiffany Villareal

Damn they're wack now. Two dope rappers all in all.

The Hound
07-21-2008, 04:07 AM
probably best for busta he'd just end up bein jerked around for too long like he already was ... aftermath is almost a career killer these days ... you record with em they dump you then they keep your shit fuck that ... that label only cares about 50 and em anyway better not to be fuckin with it

Bustah fell off with the last album tryen to be to gansta to me he was just tryen to do what sells then do a cuople of traditional hiphop joints but they weren't enough?$%^&*() if he wants to make an impact he has to go back 2 his roots dugeon dragon style (*$%^&*() his career is either gonna pick up or come to an end with this new album truthfuly I haven't been impressed with him in a while untill I heard him on the nigga album he needs to get back on his dean and be the god that he is and do him stay in his lane and stop tryen to be agangaster telling washed up drugdealer stories of what he used to do and who hw knows he has never really been on that shit untill the industry made that shit the in thing to do so I say !@#$%^&* this to busta be the god that you are fuck the industry put your own shit out and let the people decide your fate 0101110101

english motherfucker do you speak it?
http://smartmortgageadvice.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/pulp_fiction_jules.jpg

Jeru
07-21-2008, 04:28 AM
...Guess he didnt keep it "Gutta" enough for Jimmy who was on the intro for Genesis. lmao

Uhm...that was Clive Davis LOL

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-21-2008, 09:10 AM
english motherfucker do you speak it?
http://smartmortgageadvice.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/pulp_fiction_jules.jpg

AHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAH

Thanks, SlimT, Raekwon needs to go to Babygrande.