PDA

View Full Version : Are juveniles that commit crimes treated too leniently?

check two
07-18-2008, 11:13 PM
Do you think that juveniles are given a slap on the wrist too often? Even sometimes when committing felonies? What are your thoughts? They know they can get away with a lot. I think it's ridiculous if a 16 or 17 commits a murder, and goes to some juvenile facility for not very long, and is eventually let out into the public.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Because they're kids.

Jesus Price, people who frequent KTL exhibit amazingly low levels of education, common sense and intelligence.

Its FLABBERGASTING!

check two
07-20-2008, 03:35 PM
So a 17 year old that commits a serious felony doesn't know what he's doing and should get a slap on the wrist? No need to be ignorant by talking about low intelligence just because you don't agree with someone.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-20-2008, 03:44 PM
Each country decide at what age they consider someone an "adult".

Regardless of what age this is, rules and regulations apply to them.

I mean, what the fuck do you want someone to say...

Are you advocating that the age of adulthood is lowered?

Or abolished?

Its accepted in a number of western nations that if your under a certain age then you shall not be held responsible entirely for your actions.

You honestly believe that children have the ability generally to appraise a situation and act accordingly?

Im not saying once you hit the age of 18 you can definitely do this, but i cant see how lowering the age would do any good.

What changes in punishment are you suggesting?

check two
07-20-2008, 11:08 PM
All I'm saying is that more juveniles that commit serious crimes should be treated as adults in the system. And this seems to be happening more and more, with an increase in juveniles that commit crimes such as murders, being tried as adults.

When I was like 16, 17 I knew the difference between things. I knew what murder was, I knew what rape was, and the consequences of committing felonies like that. Today's youth at that age must be pretty stupid if they don't know these types of things. It isn't the 1950's where so much was hidden under wraps. I don't think their brain capacities are that lacking in that they can't access the situation.

Mic Tyson
07-20-2008, 11:16 PM
juvenile hall aint no walk in the park. yes, they old enough to know right from wrong but they too young to be in a jail cell.

STYLE
07-20-2008, 11:24 PM
you MUST be talking about white kids cause black kids get tried as adults as young as age 13.

as a matter of fact they are trying a 10 yo as an adult for RAPE. now if a 10 yo commitas rape shouldn't some adult be held just as if not more responsible?

i say just be equal with the treatment.

Mic Tyson
07-20-2008, 11:39 PM
yeah i agree i don't think they should lower the age cuz theres already a problem with blacks in jail puttin young kids in there would be fucked up.

but murder is a different story to me

check two
07-20-2008, 11:43 PM
Yeah, like I said before, I'm referring to serious felonies like murder.

Mic Tyson
07-21-2008, 12:09 AM
Yeah, like I said before, I'm referring to serious felonies like murder.

put them niggas in jail. as much as i would like them young niggas to learn and maybe end up getting out of trouble and doing somethin with their lives thats productive, they took somebody elses life so i guess they deserve not to have as much of a life themselves

Dirty Knowledge
07-21-2008, 12:17 AM
Who here has ever been tried as a Juvenile? It's not as cake as you think. Even if you're sentenced to a cake ass facility, that's still 6 to nine months, 9 to 12 months, 12-to-36 months, out of your life. YOUR childhood. Ya'll mf'ers got no idea..I ain't touching this one.

STYLE
07-21-2008, 03:14 PM
where is adult accountability? if a kid commits murder, shouldn't an adult be responsible too? if a young child is found drunk the parent is charged. why not charge the parent for doing a bad job?